Finished Mafia XXXVII: Celever's School Grades ~ Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I honestly have a hard time seeing why TFP would have such a nerf if she was scum. It makes her stick out as a sore thumb and if she was scum, it seems like suspicion could easily be cast. I dunno, it just seems like a weird move from a game-making perspective.

I do see where Jabber is coming from with his suspicion on sim, but is lack of suspicion enough to warrant it scummy?

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
After re-examining your previous posts and my previous posts, I realized where the confusion lays.

I used thunder on Muffin because I felt he would be more likely TARGETED not PROTECTED.

I literally thought that was what I posted the whole time which is why your posts made little sense to me and it turns out I made a dumb typo >.>
That's a really scummy typo to make. I find it hard to believe that you would just confuse those two.
I honestly have a hard time seeing why TFP would have such a nerf if she was scum. It makes her stick out as a sore thumb and if she was scum, it seems like suspicion could easily be cast. I dunno, it just seems like a weird move from a game-making perspective
It's Celever. He's an experienced enough host to know what he's doing.

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
That's a really scummy typo to make. I find it hard to believe that you would just confuse those two.

It's Celever. He's an experienced enough host to know what he's doing.

Well sorry i typed the wrong word while thinking what word I typed is correct. I don't have the time do double check everything i read.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I do see where Jabber is coming from with his suspicion on sim, but is lack of suspicion enough to warrant it scummy?
No. There's also a soft buddying with NP and a general "taking charge" at this stage in the game that I don't feel like town!sim usually does.

@NinjaPenguin is also very scummy, not only for buddying, but also bc he's been tunneling TAE for the last few pages. NP, ik you don't want to vote out your scumbuddy, but you're not gaining any towncred by only paying attention to one case. This is the one instance I found in recent conversation where NP even acknowledges TFP, and it's not to pressure or push but to remind his scumbuddy to contribute more.

I think TFP is the optimal lynch today. NP tomorrow, and sim after that. Thoughts?

NinjaPenguin

NP, ik you don't want to vote out your scumbuddy, but you're not gaining any towncred by only paying attention to one case.
If there was another case to pay attention to, I would. The case on TFP is pure reading between the lines and you look super anti-town for pushing it. Even though your role is too powerful to belong to scum, it seems too powerful to belong to town (and is pretty anti-town, allowing the scum to get more kills on their side). We've already learned that there is probably an indie, and I think it is you (if you are the indie, killing TFP would contribute to your win-con).
I think TFP is the optimal lynch today. NP tomorrow, and sim after that. Thoughts?
I would vote Eevee today, scattered tomorrow, and TFP after that. Eevee is legitimately scummy and appears to have slipped, scattered has been much more inactive and less questioning than normal scattered, and TFP has more of a case than simsands.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Jabber did bring up a valid point against TFP earlier though; if TFP was town, the scum team would've coordinated a quickhammer on her by now - that is, unless both Jabber and scattered are scum. If we were to not lynch TFP at this point, we would have to lynch one of those two. But no matter how much my gut is telling me to rethink it, I can't find any grounds to lynch them at. I also have had a pretty solid scum read on Camo, before he subbed out. Could we perhaps get a claim from @TheFlyingPidove?

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
@simsands here ya go

You do not have enough money to properly fund your defensive manoeuvres in the upcoming day phase. As a result, you will be lynched at L-1 what you ordinarily would.

Furthermore, your mind is telling you to do something strange. It's commanding you not to use punctuation in your posts in the upcoming day phase. If you do use punctuation then your mind's will will conflict with your aims, leaving you confused and your vote weight at 0. Punctuation is anything like a comma, full stop, exclamation or question make, semi-colon, colon or anything else of that description. It does not include spaces.

Finally, you're feeling kinda low right now. Your Role PM has updated as a result:

You are Music.

Given the composition aspect, taking the subject of music at school is actually incredibly difficult, not to mention it’s something which you need to have been prepared for from birth, as being able to play a musical instrument to a decently high standard is also a must. However, music itself is an essential part in all of our lives. It’s what makes films, video games, plays and most forms of media about 10 thousand times better, and music itself is one of the most lucrative industries, touching the hearts of everyone around the world.

Passive: Channeling Séance
When I was doing game design in my notebook while waiting for a haircut I thought that a séance was a type of music used to talk to the dead. When I started writing this Role PM I realised that it’s actually the term for the entire ceremony, but one of the sub-headings on the Wikipedia page for séances includes “trumpets”, so you get this role regardless. At the beginning of every night phase, you will channel the spirit of one of the dead in a séance. This spirit will endow you with one of their passive abilities. This ability does not trigger until there is a dead role with a passive ability, and each channelling only lasts for a cyclesingle phase. Once the next night phase begins, you will lose your previous role. This ability also cannot channel roles which are 100% tied to a particular active ability and would therefore be useless if you did channel them.

Active: Music Never Lies
Locked.

Win Condition: Eliminate all subjects which endeavour to stop Celever getting back into 6th Form.
Music Never Lies was locked when I subbed in

Music transcends language and invokes emotions where word or physical art fails. You’ve been tipped off that the mafia team has methods with which to mess with certain role flips, and you’re prepared to folly their plans. Once per game at night, please PM Celever “Night X -- Musicify X Update”. If a role flip in that update is irregular in any way, you will receive the original role. This ability locks after use, even if you use it on an update with legitimate flips.
Here's Music Never Lies

NinjaPenguin

@TheFlyingPidove What abilities did you get from Channeling Seance and how did you use them? Who was the target of Music Never Lies and what were the results?
Also, didn't you say the speech restriction was part of your role?

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Professor Palutena
You played music to the spirit of Professor Palutena, demanding to know whether his role flip had been modified in any way. He adamantly refused it, and so his flip is entirely authentic.
this is what Camo got

What was the condition for Music Never Lies to unlock?
we didn't have to unlock it
we got it from the start and we could only use it once

@TheFlyingPidove What abilities did you get from Channeling Seance and how did you use them? Who was the target of Music Never Lies and what were the results?
Also, didn't you say the speech restriction was part of your role?
Camo has not used Channeling Seance once
I did not use Channeling Seance either the night I subbed in
I do not have a good reason to why I did not use it though

simsands

You don't use Channeling Seance, it should activate automatically once there's a dead role with a passive ability in the graveyard.

simsands

Either Celever has not told me yet or I am not supposed to know which passives I get

Since you wouldn't know when it activated or what effect it'd have, you would be alerted when it happened. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to use passives like Jesi's.

simsands

@simsands There have been no passives for TFP to get until last night, where there was only Sceptile's abilities (which have no use without being a scum.)
@TheFlyingPidove What was your role before it was updated?

There's nothing stopping her from getting Jesi's passive. It's also possible that she could have gotten one of the janitored roles' potential passives.

Status
Not open for further replies.