Finished Mafia XXXIX: Superheroes Vs Supervillains - Mafia has won!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GM DracLord yes, it just blocks it. I dont need to activate it. It just happens.

And @Celever. It did became stronger. We are at day 4 now and havent found scum yet. You pushed the Blakers lynch quite hard and he was town.
So my theory right now is that you guys just decided not to nightkill so you can claim you safed someone so you can survive. I know the thoery is a bit crazy maybe. But Celever is one of the experienced players. So could be.
Also randomly starting to blame someone else is a bit... suspecious.

So @mirdo, I'm guessing thats not your only ability right. (Don't need to confirm or deny this statement).
Your theory on Celever might be logical, but at the moment, theres no other strong case against Celever. Pushing him right now just might lead to a worthless argeument. and I'm not defending Celever, but currently he is one of the biggest person with major input IMO

Thing is. The only one with any case against him rn is celever. And it is quite strong.
Yes he has a lot of influence and input. But we also hadnt have a good lynch beside the indie yet. And there are quite some red flags for him beeig scum

Nonono, I don't think you guys get it.

There's one body who are able to nightkill. That's scum. My ability unlocked thanks to the hammer, and it allowed me to defend someone from all actions, including the nightkill. There was no nightkill last night because I defended Little Cherrim from it and saved him. It was the only logical choice (for the future, scum, don't have your nightkills follow an obvious trend). Only players on the town can save people from the nightkill, and only town players can be saved from the nightkill. AND, only players on the town can have a doctor ability. Therefore, myself, Little Cherrim and TSM are town, unless anyone else wants to claim having the Amazon bracelets too. even if they do, myself and Little Cherrim are town. Mod-confirmed information or anything pertaining to night actions supersedes speculatory cases 100% of the time. Also, I'll claim to show how I know TSM is town:
7a5713b05e.jpg

You are Thor and you are aligned with the Superheroes. Also known as The Thunder God, you weren’t always aware of your powers, since your father, Odin, sent you to live on earth without knowing who you truly were. Living on Earth as a human being has lead you to become one of the planet’s most loyal and powerful defenders against all evil. Really, all evil. Evil Gods, aliens, you name it.

Active Ability: Mjolnir Hammer

Your main weapon is the powerful hammer, Mjolnir. Every time you successfully hammer you will be able to use “Call of the Thunder God”, and will not be able to be nightkilled.

Active Ability: Call of The Thunder God

You may use this ability only after successfully using “Mjolnir Hammer”. During that night, the hosts will PM you one of a players’ abilities. If they have a safeclaim, you will receive an ability from there instead. You will not know who the holder of that ability is. You may then PM the hosts the name of a player. That player will be targeted by the holder’s ability, regardless of what action the holder submitted.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the Superheroes
The important part is "the hosts will PM you one of a players' abilities", and while you'll also get an ability from a safeclaim, it's 99.99% likely we have a doctor on the town anyway, and even likelier that if we did, scum wouldn't have one in a safeclaim.

As such, myself, LC and TSM are all confirmed town. In the future, TSM, confine your doctor targets only to this pool of players, because it's literal suicide for the mafians to target anyone else.
This means that there are 4 players left who could potentially be scum: Lorde, mord, Vracken and mirdo. Doing numbers I think it's also likely that there are 3 mafians, but 2 is possible. I think of that list, Vracken is the likeliest to be town, but it's all very close.

I'd actually suggest that these 4 claim. The confotown players have, ironically enough, all claimed themselves. We're getting into the stage of the game where a mislynch could be a little fatal, and considering the number of confotown is now almost half the game, this is the stage of the game where information roles are most useful.

"No body" said one of the floating people. "It seems that one of us managed to protect whoever was targeted by the supervillains"
I hope this flavour meant true and not just some fancy story (excuse my suspicion)

I'm not doing a full claim at the moment, however what I'm willing to tell is, my ability is rather useless most of the time.

Oh oh, hold on. Actually, there has to be two scum, as long as the hosts didn't forget something:

We have 8 players left. No mafians have been lynched, so if there were 3 at the start of the game, there'd also be 3 now. If we mislynch and hit a townie again, which at this point is actually less likely than it is likely thanks to the confotownies, the number of townies would go down from 5 to 4. If the nightkill goes through, it would be 3 to 3, and mafians win when the number of town:scum reaches equilibrium.

Therefore, it would be MYLO, as MYLO/LYLO always assumes a successful nightkill.

@scattered mind, @double o squirtle, am I right in assuming MYLO would be announced?

Now that we know we have only 2 targets, things are both easier and harder. Easier because we can mislynch today and not immediately lose, but harder because the 25% chance to hit town just got vamped up to 50%.

If I had to take a pick of top 2 scumreads right now, it would be Lorde and mirdo. The problem with Lorde, mirdo and mord is that over the course of the game, their contribution hasn't been hugely bountiful, which makes it difficult to have reads on them. Some would argue that this makes Vracken a better case, because his contribution has been better but his read hasn't largely improved. However, I think that sometimes mafians, especially newer players, find it difficult to get into the headspace of a townie, which is what you need to do. Have a little acting practice! These newer mafians oftentimes don't really contribute as a result of this.

And mord just isn't as high as the other two because I've tried to throw some harsh pressure at him a couple of times throughout this game and his responses have been damn beauts.

...I wrote up that entire section of the post and then had a realisation: GM Drac is in this game too! I'm not sure why he slipped my mind, but my overall read on him can be stated by this: he was my very close second choice to target with my doctor. And doctors don't target scum. (except that one game where I was doctor and targeted only scum every night besides one, where I targeted myself. That was fun) While Prof was a major scumread, it was based on early game stuff. Drac, on the other hand, made a great post, heralding his return, and has remained quite active from thereon, which he doesn't always accomplish. Also, the Little Cherrim kill was after Prof subbed out and Drac subbed in, and the only reason I could defend it was because the kills were following an obvious trend. This is an astronomical point in Drac's favour, because the trend continuing after 50% of the team behind the trend changes seems unlikely and illogical.

##UNVOTE: mordacazir
##VOTE: mirdo

I find it suspicious that he very vocally ignored my absolution. mord did the same thing, but I read his post as actual inquiry.

Oh oh, hold on. Actually, there has to be two scum, as long as the hosts didn't forget something:

We have 8 players left. No mafians have been lynched, so if there were 3 at the start of the game, there'd also be 3 now. If we mislynch and hit a townie again, which at this point is actually less likely than it is likely thanks to the confotownies, the number of townies would go down from 5 to 4. If the nightkill goes through, it would be 3 to 3, and mafians win when the number of town:scum reaches equilibrium.

Therefore, it would be MYLO, as MYLO/LYLO always assumes a successful nightkill.

@scattered mind, @double o squirtle, am I right in assuming MYLO would be announced?

Now that we know we have only 2 targets, things are both easier and harder. Easier because we can mislynch today and not immediately lose, but harder because the 25% chance to hit town just got vamped up to 50%.

If I had to take a pick of top 2 scumreads right now, it would be Lorde and mirdo. The problem with Lorde, mirdo and mord is that over the course of the game, their contribution hasn't been hugely bountiful, which makes it difficult to have reads on them. Some would argue that this makes Vracken a better case, because his contribution has been better but his read hasn't largely improved. However, I think that sometimes mafians, especially newer players, find it difficult to get into the headspace of a townie, which is what you need to do. Have a little acting practice! These newer mafians oftentimes don't really contribute as a result of this.

And mord just isn't as high as the other two because I've tried to throw some harsh pressure at him a couple of times throughout this game and his responses have been damn beauts.

...I wrote up that entire section of the post and then had a realisation: GM Drac is in this game too! I'm not sure why he slipped my mind, but my overall read on him can be stated by this: he was my very close second choice to target with my doctor. And doctors don't target scum. (except that one game where I was doctor and targeted only scum every night besides one, where I targeted myself. That was fun) While Prof was a major scumread, it was based on early game stuff. Drac, on the other hand, made a great post, heralding his return, and has remained quite active from thereon, which he doesn't always accomplish. Also, the Little Cherrim kill was after Prof subbed out and Drac subbed in, and the only reason I could defend it was because the kills were following an obvious trend. This is an astronomical point in Drac's favour, because the trend continuing after 50% of the team behind the trend changes seems unlikely and illogical.

##UNVOTE: mordacazir
##VOTE: mirdo

I find it suspicious that he very vocally ignored my absolution. mord did the same thing, but I read his post as actual inquiry.

"No body" said one of the floating people. "It seems that one of us managed to protect whoever was targeted by the supervillains"
I hope this flavour meant true and not just some fancy story (excuse my suspicion)
It certainly seems like mod-confirmation to me :p I don't know why else there wouldn't be a nightkill, anyway; scum never don't submit a nightkill, because any weird plans they hatch will be less lucrative than just furthering their win condition, especially in smaller games.
I'm not doing a full claim at the moment, however what I'm willing to tell is, my ability is rather useless most of the time.
Haha, join the club! It'd be nice if you did do a full claim, but maybe only after the others agree to it too? I'm foreseeing some resistance from the scum. :p

Aright. First of all. @Celever i agree with you Townreads and "Possible Scum" mostly. Minus me obviously.
I mean sure, i´ve been holding back quite a bit yes. But i usually contributed. Or at least gave my thoughts and i think i wasnt as much in the shadows as e.g. Vrack or Lorde has been but thats just as a side note.

And i wasnt "Ignoring your absolution" i was just beeing suspecious. As i have been the whole game. Especially against you. As i don´t want to blindly trust you and ride on the back of your train down the drain. Thats all. Just some healthy suspecion. You said that no scum would not NK. But i believe that if somebody made a plan like this to survive the last few days (as we are at MYLO now and if you were scum you would know how many scumies there are´therefore could calculate when that was the case), flip the case on a towny and win the game ez.

Like i said. Its just a theory. And im not saying you are scum. But we´re running out of options. Thats all.

So if you ask me the main "Lynch candidates" in no particular order rn are Vracken, Celever, Mord, mirdo and Lorde.
Because im kinda on board with your Townreads Celeve.
Maybe add Cherrim to the list if the "Doctor Story" is actually just a cover up.
But im not entirely sure on anyone. Sooo yeah. Atm i would prob vote for Lorde as i havent seen him like at all.

Aright. First of all. @Celever i agree with you Townreads and "Possible Scum" mostly. Minus me obviously.
I mean sure, i´ve been holding back quite a bit yes. But i usually contributed. Or at least gave my thoughts and i think i wasnt as much in the shadows as e.g. Vrack or Lorde has been but thats just as a side note.

And i wasnt "Ignoring your absolution" i was just beeing suspecious. As i have been the whole game. Especially against you. As i don´t want to blindly trust you and ride on the back of your train down the drain. Thats all. Just some healthy suspecion. You said that no scum would not NK. But i believe that if somebody made a plan like this to survive the last few days (as we are at MYLO now and if you were scum you would know how many scumies there are´therefore could calculate when that was the case), flip the case on a towny and win the game ez.

Like i said. Its just a theory. And im not saying you are scum. But we´re running out of options. Thats all.

So if you ask me the main "Lynch candidates" in no particular order rn are Vracken, Celever, Mord, mirdo and Lorde.
Maybe add Cherrim to the list if the "Doctor Story" is actually just a cover up.
But im not entirely sure on anyone. Sooo yeah. Atm i would prob vote for Lorde as i havent seen him like at all.
But if I were scum I would still nightkill to bring us into LYLO.

Who do you think is the biggest scumread (besides me, because I'm clean beyond a crazy conspiracy theory :p)

What I feel, (even though it may not be the best idea), is to have a mass role-claim.
The ones who don't role-claim would then be in the crosshairs.

*pops up in front of mirdo*

Just reminding you again I am a she. But anyways, sure I'm not the most out there player, and that's because I'm not very talkative. It's just the way I play. During the time I was in Mafia XXXVIII for a bit a couple months ago, I was a fairly quiet player. And since DOS, who subbed in for me endgamed, the role she had was revealed and it was town. I just play a quiet game I guess.

But don't paint Vrac and I with one brush, as we're two players with two different play styles with two different sets of abilities. Whatever he is, scum or town I bet his role is very much different than mine, or at least, more interesting.

I'd actually suggest that these 4 claim. The confotown players have, ironically enough, all claimed themselves. We're getting into the stage of the game where a mislynch could be a little fatal, and considering the number of confotown is now almost half the game, this is the stage of the game where information roles are most useful.
Gladly. My role is below.

7a928634d9.jpg
You are Robin and you are aligned with the Superheroes. You look up to Batman and, like him, possess both strength and technology. Nonetheless, you’re still his sidekick, so while a lot of people look up to him, they often look down at you.

Passive Ability: The Batcave

The moment you had heard of the danger everyone was in, you rushed to the Batcave for any intel you could find, but while you were doing so, someone walked into the Batcave. During night 0, you will approach that person and receive a link to a quicktopic so you can talk to them.

Win Condition: Eliminate all players not aligned with the Superheroes
That person I had the conversation with was Jesi, who if you remember, was lynched Day 1 and was Batman. My passive ability has been useless since Jesi's lynch, and I have no active abilities at all.

Who do you think is the biggest scumread (besides me, because I'm clean beyond a crazy conspiracy theory :p)

Like is said. Its all a big ol´ mess. I dont really have a scum read. But at this stage i would probably vote for Lord.

If the flavour really indicate what happen to the scum night kill, unless any other person want to counter claim being the reason that kill was prevented, I would totally see Celever as confo-town..
@Celever, I assume Lorde was your way of referring to me, I was baffled at first. and then i saw your realisation post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back