Finished Mafia LVI : Revolt at the Zoo -- GAME OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zone Q11

『Plebeian』『He who Hails from NovelUpdates Forum』
So. Two hours left.
Anyone up for some talks?

Either react/accuse me of something or try to convince me to vote someone else other than Mariano please. (Perhaps morda, who's now on the top wagon?)
As long as it isn't any questions of "What's your read on X" and "Why do you think/act Y" then I am perfectly fine with it.

Naturally, accusing me of being scummy for acting like this is allowed. I will not even retaliate were this to happen.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
I think this morda posting is really different from scum morda, and I definitely think he's town here.
##UNVOTE

On all the reads list being posted; Was it not a bad thing because now scum knows who to target? FOS on NP for that because he as an experienced player should know that is it isn't a good thing.
This is a ridiculous idea that's literally only present on this site. Making a reads list is never bad. When everybody is making read lists, we can get useful association reads (as scum has to start interacting with and fabricating reads on buddies) and everybody starts evaluating the game as a whole, which is always the best mindset to get in. The scum can tell what players are clearly townie today and should be killed the day after a scum lynch (and always, for that matter) with or without our help.
So. Two hours left.
Isn't there still a day left?

NinjaPenguin

Either react/accuse me of something or try to convince me to vote someone else other than Mariano please. (Perhaps morda, who's now on the top wagon?)
As long as it isn't any questions of "What's your read on X" and "Why do you think/act Y" then I am perfectly fine with it.
...Well then...I accuse you of not making reads. You can only defend against it by telling me your reads on Kiiruma, Tigger, Violet, Blinkehyo, morda, and Vom.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Why couldn't scum want that info to be secretive? Why would the second thing be alignment indicative?
Well, admittedly both of those are “good behaviors” that scum can fake, but at least regarding the first point, knowing who the Watcher chooses to watch gives scum an idea of the Watcher’s strategy and they can potentially plan around them with more insight.

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
My ability is why I scumread DFL. Last game they were super active and pro-townie. We mindmelded and if they had listened to me, we would've won the game since I confirmed them as town and now they're acting completely different.
The fact that DFL was super active last game doesn't automatically make him scum now just because he isn't active this game. He could have RL stuff, or lost interest in this game. Anyway, bb knows what to do with inactives.
By the way, what do you mean by "my ability is why I scumread DFL"?

I'm also being open and honest with everyone about my ability which I don't need to be. People can learn about what I do slowly but surely. I am trying to work out what is best for us today.
Second time you mention your ability and I don't recall you saying what it does. I'm not asking you to say it, don't do it.

I have a multi-part ability. @NinjaPenguin can confirm that. It's part of the reason I scumread DFL. Also, by being so inactive and uncaring that in itself IS different to Town!DFL from last game. That's what concerns me
How can NP confirm it? And again, him being modkill-level inactive doesn't make him scum.

I didn't even realize this was a bad thing to do. I thought I had to spend the extra sentences explaining myself because I never got a response from jplap, and when I tried to explain myself he would always respond with some kind of "How does that work?" or "I don't get what you're saying". I thought that was just something I had to do in-game.
Long paragraphs in this game are difficult to read, and many people doesn't do it. It's usually better to write short but precise sentences.

I've spent all of my time thinking "I need to appear town so no one suspects me of being scum, because I don't want to lead people away from actually finding scum because I said something stupid". I've thought people would genuinely be angry at me if they spent all the time and effort suspecting me only to be lied to when I flip town and waste that effort.
I used to have the same mentality, but then I realized it's better to put the efforts in actually try to find scum instead of showing my townness. That way, not only you get closer to find scum, but also scumhunting is one of the best ways to show yourself you are colaborating with the town.

I can confirm you have a multi-part ability. I cannot confirm that it is part of the reason you scumread DFL.
I don't get how you can confirm it.

Hey morda! Can you tag me when you fully catch up with a read that nobody else here has?
My exact thought when I read morda's post.

On all the reads list being posted; Was it not a bad thing because now scum knows who to target? FOS on NP for that because he as an experienced player should know that is it isn't a good thing.
Except that if a player is killed this night, we can use that player's readlist to suppose he was in the right way, and therefore look closer to the scummiest players in that list.

Zone Q11

...ah! 72 hrs...
In that case, I can finally go to sleep now.
I am sick after all.
...Well then...I accuse you of not making reads. You can only defend against it by telling me your reads on Kiiruma, Tigger, Violet, Blinkehyo, morda, and Vom.
1. I kinda don't need to do this, since I already did one hundreds of posts ago.
2. Forgettable, Did not post anything rememberable, Towny for being able to defend themselves, Dunno why everyone's on this guy because I see him as null at best and worst, and who? Oh right. Somebody's sub. Uh... Jade's was it? Well. Null I guess, as I have not played/read the game properly.

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
1. That's a weak FoS.
2. I had voted that first, then I voted 72 hr in the same post.
1. Isn't it a legit scumtell if someone posts fluff/wastes time/wants less time?
2. I know that and it was mainly directed at Kiiruma
This is a ridiculous idea that's literally only present on this site. Making a reads list is never bad. When everybody is making read lists, we can get useful association reads (as scum has to start interacting with and fabricating reads on buddies) and everybody starts evaluating the game as a whole, which is always the best mindset to get in. The scum can tell what players are clearly townie today and should be killed the day after a scum lynch (and always, for that matter) with or without our help.
Oh really I remember actually getting attacked because of making a reads list which was weird at the time because in my first game I had to make reads lists to seem townie. (not making a reads list quite yet because I have to read up on day 1 and interact with some others to get a good feeling about their alignment.
There should be a day left yeah because almost everyone voted /72 which I almost forgot just now.

Zone Q11

I can confirm you have a multi-part ability. I cannot confirm that it is part of the reason you scumread DFL.
I don't get how you can confirm it.
And I cannot get why we are not outing our abilities just like in any simpleton-minded mind games.
Can't we claim an ability, and let someone else check it? I mean, I am a watcher, so that's something. Anyone else wants to claim a non-doctor role? Anyone up for a sacrifice WIFOM?

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
You are asking people to tell you who to vote? Do you have any reads by yourself?
Nevermind, you Zone already answered this to NP.

I am sick after all.
I hope you get better! :)

1. I kinda don't need to do this, since I already did one hundreds of posts ago.
So if you have reads, why do you ask for advice on who to vote?

And I cannot get why we are not outing our abilities just like in any simpleton-minded mind games.
Can't we claim an ability, and let someone else check it? I mean, I am a watcher, so that's something. Anyone else wants to claim a non-doctor role? Anyone up for a sacrifice WIFOM?
And let scum know all of our abilities? Yeah, perfect idea!
And now without sarcasm, in this game we can't determine someone's alignment by their ability, so it is useless to mass-claim.

Zone Q11

You are asking people to tell you who to vote? Do you have any reads by yourself?
Yeah... That's because my best lead is still you to be honest.
I mean, I guess I can sheep others and wagon on Blink for that weird personally-not-scummy-to-me-though argument, but if it had to come from me, then I really have none to suspect.
All I know is that Gekki and NP are town.
...hm? I am forgetting something.
Somebody once wrote their reads, and I agreed on it. What was it...? Who was it...?
Uh... I think one of it had something to do with Violet leaning town, and me agreeing with it as well. Mm... oh well.
1. Isn't it a legit scumtell if someone posts fluff/wastes time/wants less time?
Not really. Someone from my homeforum avoided joining a forum mafia because the phases took too long for her. (I think it took a week for a whole cycle?) She said that 48/24 was enough.

Zone Q11

Nevermind, you Zone already answered this to NP.
Uh...Kinda too late, but okay?
I hope you get better! :)
Thanks! ...though to be more precise: I am on verge of getting sick. The signs are showing up. I bet tomorrow or the day thereafter is when I can be called "sick" for real.
So if you have reads, why do you ask for advice on who to vote?
Guess what my curse is? Short term memory.
I keep forgetting who are suspicious or why they were supposed to be suspicious.
Heck, I even already forgot why TE was one of the main wagons Yesterday!
And let scum know all of our abilities? Yeah, perfect idea!
And now without sarcasm, in this game we can't determine someone's alignment by their ability, so it is useless to mass-claim.
...orz
(I cannot disclose information/opinion due to being related to another FM game...)
*thinks about what to say*
Uh... Then how about just one from the batch that is basically confirmed town? (I.e. NP and Gekki.)

NinjaPenguin

Oh really I remember actually getting attacked because of making a reads list which was weird at the time because in my first game I had to make reads lists to seem townie. (not making a reads list quite yet because I have to read up on day 1 and interact with some others to get a good feeling about their alignment.
Yeah Camo tends to do that. He's just wrong.
2. Forgettable, Did not post anything rememberable, Towny for being able to defend themselves, Dunno why everyone's on this guy because I see him as null at best and worst, and who? Oh right. Somebody's sub. Uh... Jade's was it? Well. Null I guess, as I have not played/read the game properly.
Can you read the game properly and make some more developed thoughts?
I used to have the same mentality, but then I realized it's better to put the efforts in actually try to find scum instead of showing my townness. That way, not only you get closer to find scum, but also scumhunting is one of the best ways to show yourself you are colaborating with the town.
Have you ever been scum on here again?
Uh... Then how about just one from the batch that is basically confirmed town? (I.e. NP and Gekki.)
Nah revealing our abilities isn't useful here. It's useful on other sites where it's alignment indicative and setups are made that are broken by massclaims. This one definitely isn't alignment indicative and BB hopefully made one that is not breakable that way.

Zone Q11

Can you read the game properly and make some more developed thoughts?
Hm... Given the fact that we only have less than 400 posts, I probably could. Though, it's almost 11PM... Give me 12 hours and I'll see what I can do tomorrow.
Nah revealing our abilities isn't useful here. It's useful on other sites where it's alignment indicative and setups are made that are broken by massclaims. This one definitely isn't alignment indicative and BB
Mm... Okay.
...what do I do with mine though? It's kinda already known by everyone right now. (Gekki, you are probably town, and I am grateful that you saved me, but you also ruined my sacrifice monologue...)

NinjaPenguin

Mm... Okay.
...what do I do with mine though? It's kinda already known by everyone right now. (Gekki, you are probably town, and I am grateful that you saved me, but you also ruined my sacrifice monologue...)
With your ability, keep targeting people who you think will be nightkilled. You either catch scum with it or you force scum to choose suboptimal nightkill (and vote eating based on the fact that nobody has claimed what happened to me last night) targets.

Zone Q11

With your ability, keep targeting people who you think will be nightkilled. You either catch scum with it or you force scum to choose suboptimal nightkill (and vote eating based on the fact that nobody has claimed what happened to me last night) targets.
...I just realized. Out of all the people I should've watched (i.e. you who got your vote eaten and scattered who got killed) I instead got Gekki who was visited by nobody.
...I should up my game tomorrow (RL).
(...then again, I honestly doubt that much will change even after reading, understanding and remembering what has happened so far. I bet myself 500 nuffies that my opinion is still the same; 60% the same as others, and 40% different.)

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I wanted to be nice to the people I knew or recognized
but not me? wow, Violet, I thought we were friends...it's no wonder everybody thinks you're the murderer in Convicted
I didn't even realize this was a bad thing to do. I thought I had to spend the extra sentences explaining myself because I never got a response from jplap, and when I tried to explain myself he would always respond with some kind of "How does that work?" or "I don't get what you're saying". I thought that was just something I had to do in-game.
You don't have to explain everything you do or why you do it unless it serves the purpose of whatever you're trying to do/someone asks for clarification. Sometimes people just don't answer because they don't want to.
I've spent all of my time thinking "I need to appear town so no one suspects me of being scum, because I don't want to lead people away from actually finding scum because I said something stupid". I've thought people would genuinely be angry at me if they spent all the time and effort suspecting me only to be lied to when I flip town and waste that effort.
Ha, been there. It's generally better to worry less about yourself and more about the game as a whole.
knowing who the Watcher chooses to watch gives scum an idea of the Watcher’s strategy and they can potentially plan around them with more insight.
I pity the poor souls trying to make a plan based on predicting Zone.
I'm interested in the case on DFL but I really wish we just had more to go on, specifically from DFL themselves.
Reading back, we can get some pretty solid info out of a Kiiruma lynch, not to mention the fact that he might actually flip scum. I don't like that there's a chance he's town, but at least for me and for now he's looking like a pretty decent lynch. ##VOTE: Kiiruma

Zone Q11

I pity the poor souls trying to make a plan based on predicting Zone.
Every time I see pros (e.g. NP) wanting to read me, I always get a confused results from them...
TwT Why are you all not able to see things from a dumb person's POV? Why do you even attempt reading me, instead of making backup plans? Do you need to read FMs from my homeforum to understand how I think...?
Do you need to understand my despair upon meeting you guys at the trial (Mafia Championship) that I stupidly volunteered to, and changed my view upon the game? QwQ orz
Moral of story for scum: Don't think, and you will predict me. Think, and you will get yourself shot by my stupidity.

...also, I need to remember this post. I need to remember Vom... Hrm... Hey @Vom! Say something about me! Anything will do! Then tell me what you think of NP and scattered mind in general. Not in the game, but as a player. What do you feel when you think of them?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
D2 Vote Count #2
@Kiiruma: 3 (L-5)| MegaPod [#364], mordacazir [#376], Vom [#398]
Blinkehyo: 2 | Mariano [#352], VioletValkyrie [#374]
Mariano: 1 | Zone Q11 [#339]
mordacazir: 1 | Kiiruma [#313], Vom [#331]-[#398], NinjaPenguin [#375-#383]

No vote:
Blinkehyo, Dusk Form Lycanroc, GekkisaiDaiNi, NinjaPenguin, Professor_Jplap, Tigger, Total_Epicness

Majority: 8 votes
Hours remaining: ~23.5 hrs [countdown]
Past vote counts: [#1]
Note: This vote count does not show any decreased or increased vote weights, if any.

@Dusk Form Lycanroc and @tigger are not meeting post requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.