Finished Mafia LIV: My Bastard Village-Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the one who got the cheat code can kill anyone he or she chooses at the expense of their own life?
Oh whoops... I'm sorry, I had no clue that was public knowledge. It seemed suspicious to me that you knew of its effect before I realized it was just included in the update.

I see... I wonder. Violet's victory... was it luck or fate?
It really could have been luck-based up until Math and I were the final two picks. Then the other people had to decide on who they think should receive it. So... neither, kinda?

Great. I just replace in and it seems I am going to be suicide bombed. Well, it's sad. Firekitten would have been able to confirm me
Whoa whoa, hold on there. I'm not saying I'm going to target you or anything. What's happening with you and Firekitten?

1. MathBlade
2. GM DracLord
3. Kiiruma
4. Zone Q11
5. roz_the_eevee
6. Luispipe8
7. firekitten
8. TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK
9. bbninjas
10. Professor_jplap
11. VioletValkyrie

Have to get these in sometime this year, right?

Whoa whoa, hold on there. I'm not saying I'm going to target you or anything. What's happening with you and Firekitten
They mean by my cop check that I got. Also I'm pretty sure violet isn't the person who typed that message Luis got because they typed completely different on the chat that we received.

Game Update 10
Developer's Note: 10/25/18
"Hello, our lovely players! We've devised a game for everybody to get to know eachother and have a bit of fun! Here's how it going to work! We're going to ask you a set of controversial questions. Your job is to answer them with the name of another person in this game whose account has not yet been deleted. For every question, you will win a point if you chose the most commonly chosen player! The winner will be the person with the most points; in the case of a tie, the player to submit their answers first will win. Here are your questions:
1. Who has the best avatar?
2. Who has the strangest sense of humor?
3. Who is most likely to think that Texas is a country?
4. Who is most likely to shockingly betray you?
5. Who is most likely to have not read their role fully and make a terrible mistake?
6. Who is most likely to have their account deleted, but be aligned with the Players, today?
7. Whose account should be deleted today?
8. To whom would you put your trust in this game above all else?
9. Who do you think is aligned with the Hackers, but are most afraid to be wrong about?
10. Who is most likely to be chosen their faction's MVP at the end of this game?

The winner will be anonymous, and get to choose between the following buildings to place on the Community Map:
Constable’s Office-The player who chooses this gets to target another player of their choice. At the start of Day 4, the player/s they targeted during and at the end of Day 3 will be revealed.
Wagon Station-Has an effect on a specific player's role.
Workshop-The player who chooses this will get to ask the developers of My Bastard Village any question they wish (if that question contains too much of a spoiler about the game and/or what's planned, the devs may completely evade it and tell you something else entirely).

You may not communicate about this Game Update in-thread or in any outside chats. You have until the next Game Update to submit your answers."

100Vote Count 2
Vote Spoilers:
Zone Q11: Current Votes
GM DracLord: Current Votes
VioletValkyrie: Current Votes

Not Voting: Professor_jplap, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, bbninjas, Luispipe8, Kiiruma, MathBlade, roz_the_eevee, Firekitten

Due to the nature of voting today, there can't be a tally of votes as is typical (once more votes come in, I'll try to get a more complex tally, but still only three people have voted so far). The player who would currently be lynched if the day ended right now is @GM DracLord.

Inactivity List:
Has not posted two times today (pace of once a day):
Nobody!
Has not posted four times today (pace of twice a day):
@Professor_jplap
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

There are 72 hours remaining in the day.

P.S.
Also @NinjaPenguin, could you explain why GM Draclord was in the lead of being lynched even though I have put myself at 5th place of my own vote list?
This isn't how an instant runoff works. Drac and you both have one first place vote so every other candidate was eliminated after that round but that didn't change anything. The system really starts to take effect as the vote quantities increase. The tiebreaker is who gets to that spot first, and in this case, it was Drac.

Ooookay. Story time. Important context is that @VioletValkyrie started a neighbour chat with me on Discord last day phase (flavour == flirting). This can be confirmed by Violet of course, and due to my breadcrumbing, when I explained why I thought that Discord was the scumchat instead of a traditional QT.

I got sent this mysterious PM via the host:

Hello, My name is ???. You may refer to me as an independent. Now let's keep this short and sweet. I'm an amne type of role. I take an ability and goal from someone (They keep their goal, I just become their alignment and take their ability) And I give them something in return. This is how this is going to work.

In the main thread, Quote your active ability (or a passive one if you don't have active). In the same post you are quoting your ability in, Ping ninja and in red text type a person's name. That person shall have their account deleted instantly. You will lose the ability you quoted however I shall instead gain that ability and your goal. D0n't worry if you are a hacker or another independent. I know how awkward it would be to quote Kill a player in an event. Everyone will know this was the work of a hacker. You should have a fake claim. You should quote an active ability from your fake claim in the thread then repeat the same steps as above with pinging ninja and then I will instead take one of your other abilities (that isn't your fake claim, your actual card) And gain your goal. (Hacker, I gain the hacker goal. Independent I gain the goal of what you had)

Note: Quoting an ability that isn't yours as a player (alignment) will lead to a Mod Kill

Whether you do this or not is up to you, If you don't do it ill ask someone else. As well, If you wish to communicate. Send me signals you would like to use.

Keep in mind in order for this to work you MUST do this today.

-Agent ???

Weird PM on all accounts. I did not 100% believe it, but my Ability was pretty bad and the potential to shoot Dogger / Kiiruma and save us time with the lynch made it a worthwhile trade-off when risks were taken into account. Regardless, this was apparently an indie talking, so I immediately told me confidant (i.e. Violet) and responded with:

Please write a post with ??? after a sentence to confirm your identity. I will signal with ??? at the end of my sentence if I wish to contact with you. Me and my confidant are pretty sure we know who you are based on your typing quirks, but please confirm regardless. If you pull any tricks, you're dead.

I'm not going to claim who I think it is just yet because they obviously would prefer to keep their identity on the low. However, Violet knows who I suspect (and agrees), and so they can confirm later on if need be (to show that I'm not BSing). Again, I didn't believe this PM and wanted to make the indie feel a bit worried so that they wouldn't pull any tricks. Now, it turns out that Agent X didn't particularly appreciate all this, and sent this to me in response:

Nice, not only did you threaten me, you told me (who isn't even a neutral and is actually a player) that you are indeed a hacker. Also, don't worry. I won't out you, someone else will.

Also, go ahead. Shoot the person you think I am. I dare you to try, I bet you won't hit the right person.

-Agent X

He then sent this to Violet:
Hello, my name is Agent ???.

Now I have some goodies of infomation for you.

This is what I sent to ninja
(Keep in mind I'm actually a player who gambited to get this out of him, I'm not actually a neutral)

[It then contains the message you [bbn] sent earlier to me [violet]]

However he replied back with
Please write a post with ??? after a sentence to confirm your identity. I will signal with ??? at the end of my sentence if I wish to contact with you. Me and my confidant are pretty sure we know who you are based on your typing quirks, but please confirm regardless. If you pull any tricks, you're dead.

Confirming himself to be a hacker with someone else. If you want, you can try to take him out using your bomb. Your one job is to make sure he doesn't talk himself out of this like I feel like he would. I have already sent this message to another player, so he can't call you out for lying. However I'm not going to out myself till I feel like the time is right. I believe In you

-Agent ???

Would you like to respond?

Obviously Agent X thinks that by "confidant", I mean "scumbuddy", and thus thinks I am confo-mafian. I have already explained why I "threatened" them, since I didn't trust them. I am posting all this to talk to Agent X and whoever Agent X's second confidant is, and to be fully transparent with the town. Hopefully Agent X doesn't drive into bias tunnel vision and avoid taking a look at the facts, which would be a pity, but we'll see.

Why didn't he just ask you to quote your ability if you were scum anyways, would have been much easier to out scum that way if they quoted a scum Ability.

I can not join this event correct?
Would have been nice to though.
I want to get involved with this game

@VioletValkyrie I sorta thought the red text thing (Which apparently was to stop me in an event) but I thought it was a suicide bomb. That confused me due to its meaning in other places

It's already over, it was announced that I won it when it ended.
You were technically part of that event anyways, we'd already talked about how Dogger had asked to be subbed out in that chat, confirming they were in it.

@VioletValkyrie I sorta thought the red text thing (Which apparently was to stop me in an event) but I thought it was a suicide bomb. That confused me due to its meaning in other places
I'm confused by what you mean here. The red text is used for things like reporting players previously and (to my knowledge) had nothing to do to prevent you from playing in it?

Uhhh... It was because bbninjas used the red text and it threw me off guard.
I am making this worse as I'm just panicking from frustration of making mistakes

Ahhh. I apologise I've been quite busy and seeing a red named person normally means death. Would be nice to participate in events but it's cool if I don't too. It's still a regular game I guess
I see.
Oh whoops... I'm sorry, I had no clue that was public knowledge. It seemed suspicious to me that you knew of its effect before I realized it was just included in the update.
No problem.
It really could have been luck-based up until Math and I were the final two picks. Then the other people had to decide on who they think should receive it. So... neither, kinda?
I see.
Somewhat. I am actually at car body shop now. Mainly I am leaning towards Zone being scum right now. He seems wait too “gimmicky” to be town.
Thank you! Finally, a second person who has half a brain!
1. Who has the best avatar?
2. Who has the strangest sense of humor?
3. Who is most likely to think that Texas is a country?
4. Who is most likely to shockingly betray you?
5. Who is most likely to have not read their role fully and make a terrible mistake?
6. Who is most likely to have their account deleted, but be aligned with the Players, today?
7. Whose account should be deleted today?
8. To whom would you put your trust in this game above all else?
9. Who do you think is aligned with the Hackers, but are most afraid to be wrong about?
10. Who is most likely to be chosen their faction's MVP at the end of this game?
You may not communicate about this Game Update in-thread or in any outside chats. You have until the next Game Update to submit your answers.
So... Should I post my answers at my PM?
This isn't how an instant runoff works. Drac and you both have one first place vote so every other candidate was eliminated after that round but that didn't change anything. The system really starts to take effect as the vote quantities increase. The tiebreaker is who gets to that spot first, and in this case, it was Drac.
Ooh~! I see!
Ooookay. Story time. Important context is that @VioletValkyrie started a neighbour chat with me on Discord last day phase (flavour == flirting). This can be confirmed by Violet of course, and due to my breadcrumbing, when I explained why I thought that Discord was the scumchat instead of a traditional QT.

I got sent this mysterious PM via the host:

Weird PM on all accounts. I did not 100% believe it, but my Ability was pretty bad and the potential to shoot Dogger / Kiiruma and save us time with the lynch made it a worthwhile trade-off when risks were taken into account. Regardless, this was apparently an indie talking, so I immediately told me confidant (i.e. Violet) and responded with:

I'm not going to claim who I think it is just yet because they obviously would prefer to keep their identity on the low. However, Violet knows who I suspect (and agrees), and so they can confirm later on if need be (to show that I'm not BSing). Again, I didn't believe this PM and wanted to make the indie feel a bit worried so that they wouldn't pull any tricks. Now, it turns out that Agent X didn't particularly appreciate all this, and sent this to me in response:

He then sent this to Violet:

Obviously Agent X thinks that by "confidant", I mean "scumbuddy", and thus thinks I am confo-mafian. I have already explained why I "threatened" them, since I didn't trust them. I am posting all this to talk to Agent X and whoever Agent X's second confidant is, and to be fully transparent with the town. Hopefully Agent X doesn't drive into bias tunnel vision and avoid taking a look at the facts, which would be a pity, but we'll see.
Great. Now repeat what you just said and do it as if you're explaining this to a 13 y/o kid with half a brain.
Well. If what I read is true, then you can still join the game. Mainly because bbninjas didn't write your name in blue and other reasons.

@MathBlade, @Kiiruma, could you two please get an avatar? You two are confusing me, who is using a mobile phone. (Which means that I mainly use your avatars to differentiate you two instead of reading who posted what.)

Sure thing, I'll get an avatar soon.
Also if I can join this new update thing I will do!
I just wanna take part :)

Sure thing, I'll get an avatar soon.
Also if I can join this new update thing I will do!
I just wanna take part :)
Good! ...well, you might want to read all pages first before you do that though.
-but after that you can finally submit your vote list~!

Well, how do I say this?
I received a message and I don't understand it at all. It's saying bb is hacker and a lot more.
I do not understand how to feel. I don't recognise anyone here except Roz

Well, how do I say this?
I received a message and I don't understand it at all. It's saying bb is hacker and a lot more.
Hm... So that's the setup huh...
In that case I'm afraid that whoever talked first wins and that would be... actually, that wouldn't be the one who talks first but the one who explains first and that is bbninjas?
...man, this sucks but I'm going to have my vote change? ...meh, I'll do it tomorrow (IRL).

Well, how do I say this?

Well that's conveniently timed, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back