Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 End
The day was tight, with many candidates getting close to selection for the worst possible position they could ever receive. In the end, however, one decided to ruin his life and sacrifice himself for what was deemed to be the greater good. He began to pull back his vote, but it was not enough and he was sent to the Mamertine prison.

TOTAL_EPICNESS was lynched. He was:
You are Quintus Caecilius Metullus Celer, and you are aligned with the Loyalists. A strong member of the optimates, against Pompey due to his divorce of your sister (though you didn’t have the best marriage yourself), your alliance with Cato helped propel you to quite a bit of success, as a general, consul, and overall power player.

Passive Ability: Traitorous Wife
Many believe your wife, the sister of Clodius, to have been in many affairs during your lifetime (and to eventually have poisoned you). Unfortunately, this time it is also true, and worse. She’s telling all your secrets to the Triumvirate! As such, all your ability results will also be sent to the Triumvirate.

Active Ability: Speedily Persistent
It’s no coincidence that your name is the same as the Latin word for fast. You are quick to contest accounts of things and even once got an enemy thrown in prison for simply opposing your policy agenda so you could keep an eye on them. A prison may not work this time, but you’ll certainly stay on the trail of your enemies. Once a night, you may PM the hosts ##PERSIST: Player. You will keep an eye on that player and learn everybody that they targeted that night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to the Republic.

With his death, however, he was able to use his power he won from the first certamen, guidance from the Oracle at Delphi, to reveal Tapu Lele's role. Tapu Lele is:
You are Publius Servilius Rullus, and you are aligned with the Triumvirate. You are most known for introducing an agrarian bill that really upset Cicero, who claimed that you were a puppet of the populares Crassus and Caesar. Which is admittedly true, except for the fact that you can’t find them yet…

Passive Ability: Trapped in the Curia
You have been trapped in the basement of Curia with two other players, both Loyalists! You’re in trouble… unless you can find a way to trick them into letting you go. You have access to the Basement QuickTopic.
The details of the Basement QuickTopic and the account you are to post in it will be given to you in a separate PM. The rules of the Basement QuickTopic will be explained in its first post.

Win Condition: Eliminate all the Loyalists.

Final Votecount:
Acetrainer_Samwise (0): Professor_jplap
Professor_jplap (2): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Jadethepokemontrainer, bbninjas, GekkisaiDaiNi, Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, Jabberwock
TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK (0): Jabberwock, double o squirtle
Jabberwock (0): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Celever
Luxinity (0): mordacazir
@TOTAL_EPICNESS (4): Professor_jplap, Jabbewock, double o squirtle, TOTAL_EPICNESS, mordacazir, double o squirtle, Jabberwock, Tapu Lele, TOTAL_EPICNESS
double o squirtle (0): TOTAL_EPICNESS, Celever, TOTAL_EPICNESS
Tapu Lele (3): Luispipe8, TOTAL_EPICNESS, Jabberwock, Jabberwock, scattered mind, TOTAL_EPICNESS, Acetrainer_Samwise
GM Draclord (0): Acetrainer_Samwise
Dusk Form Lycanroc (1): Celever
GekkisaiDaiNi (0): Jabberwock,
scattered mind (1): bbninjas,

Abstaining:
@Dusk Form Lycanroc @GM DracLord @Luxinity @mirdo @OshaCraft360 @PMJ @Professor_jplap @TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK

A reminder that this is 8 :O people abstaining. Please remember that the Loyalists's by far largest weapon is the lynch. Those who do not vote are weakening the integrity of their illustrious family in such dire times, aiding only the Triumvirate that threatens the whole civilization.
Additionally, this vote did not make it to even half of the majority. There will be no consequences on this Day 1, but do not do it again.

Additionally, strongly warned for no posting:
@Dusk Form Lycanroc @Luxinity @OshaCraft360
If you don't perform night actions if applicable, we will sub you out tonight if possible.
On Day 2, we will be looking for you and all other players to make at least 3 posts. Since this will be only .75 posts per IRL day, this doesn't seem hard at all to ask.

Night 1 Start
Night 1 has now begun, and will end in 48 hours, on May 31st at 6:00 PM EST. You may not post during the night, but can chat in QTs.

100Certamen: Vir Probissimus Results
The votes are in!
Celever- GM DracLord
Double o squirtle-Celever
Tapu Lele-Celever
TOTAL_EPICNESS-Celever
Professor_jplap-Abstain
GM Draclord- Abstain

This means that @Celever has won the power to control the night patrol! Just PM us ##PATROL: Player to tell us who you'll send it too!

Last edited:
Day 2 Start

In the morning, everybody walked into the Curia, ready for another day of discussing. Luckily, everybody was alive and well, meaning that proceedings could take place as usual. "Salvete," Penguinius greeted all the senators, "We may have failed yesterday, but I have confidence this will not happen again today. Don't let me down."

Nobody has died!

Day 2 has now begun, and will end in 120 hours, on June 5th at 6:00 PM EST (this is to allow Luis, who the doctor has ordered to rest until Monday, to post). You all may now post. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 3 posts today. Those who have not made it to 3 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.

@Celever, what's the difference between your earlier position regarding Tapu Lele, and your later position regarding T_E? Both theories suggested that said player was being helped via the scumchat, but you decided that Lele's was unsubstantiated, whereas T_E's was substantiated. You additionally concluded that T_E's claim had to be an alibi, even though the scenario was highly WIFOMy, and you didn't give any evidence as to why one way or the other.*

Before anyone says that I'm trying to abuse hindsight, in light of TE's flip, I had already voiced something along these lines (second last paragraph). Jabber dismissed this as me not reading the context before Celever's vote, which was a possibility (and likely) since I had to skim-read that page... but reading back now, I'm not seeing anything particularly substantial.

*Keep in mind that, if we were to remain consistent, you would have to apply that argument in the following scenario: if a certain player who is often a nightkill target claims to have a powerful post-death Ability (powerful revenge Ability), they must be claiming an alibi. This is hollow, considering there is no reason why this couldn't just be the truth.

CONTEXT
========
It's just a massive leap, and a really unsubstantiated one. It's certainly possible that the message was sent to the scum chat, but actually a good mafian would have told Lele it in the thread: stopping a rolefish is a way to earn town cred, and Lele would have put stock into the opinion because he would have known the intentions of the person telling him, as they were both mafia. If it was a less experienced mafian who wouldn't have thought about this and therefore did communicate it to Lele in the scum chat well... we can't be sure, and so it's a really weak case. It's actually a textbook WIFOM case, as it relies on a piece of information (the message in the scum chat) which is impossible for us to find out.

##VOTE: TOTAL_EPICNESS

Certamen obviously gives strong ability, this in turn means he should be a likely contender for the scumkill, eventually people start getting suspicious if power roles don't get killed, Epicness claiming that his ability activates on death gives him an alibi as to why he's not dead later. Mafia tactic.
Cos the story in the scumchat was already refined enough
Now this reads like a defense put together by a scum chat.

I still need to get around to those questions I was asked in the latter half of Day 1, I haven't forgotten.

In the mean-time, ##VOTE: Tapu Lele.

dos said the difference yesterday: there was scummy stuff TE said in our quicktopic for the certamen which we can't disclose.

Have an activity chart from D1.
3PO9dtN.png

Right. This is interessting. Not only did TE have a retaliation ability the second time in a row. But he hit big time with it for a second time in a row.

So. Good is. We know who scum is. We know who we can't trust. But one thing that makes me questioning pushing a lynch is his ability.
That states that he is stuck in somesort of basement?
Does that mean anything for us in means of gameplay?

Is he bulletproof? (Until he lets "get out")
Can he not be checked on in nightphases? (Until he let's "get out"?)
Does he not have communication with the rest of the scum team yet?

Am I reading to much into this?

Maybe.
But probably not tbh.

Looking at the role it seems clear that he didn't have contact with the rest of the scum team, but also that the basement is just a different take on a mason chat. If there were role things like BPV attached to it then that should have been in the role flip.

##VOTE: Tapu Lele

Explain yourself.
3PO9dtN.png
Ik stats are kinda the way you play this game, but how is a chart of the number of posts a player makes in a day supposed to be helpful? You're taking into account solely the number of individual posts, not the content of those posts––they could be RVS, fluff, redundant, etc., and your chart makes it look like each of those posts is on par with all the others. That's misleading information and is therefore inherently anti-town.
Right. This is interessting. Not only did TE have a retaliation ability the second time in a row. But he hit big time with it for a second time in a row.
This is scummy.
The role revealed in the update does not state either of those things and there is no reason to suspect them.
This doesn't really matter until he actually flips. After that we can do a VCA, but there's no point speculating until then.

Maybe.
But probably not tbh.
What makes you say that?
Looking at the role it seems clear that he didn't have contact with the rest of the scum team, but also that the basement is just a different take on a mason chat. If there were role things like BPV attached to it then that should have been in the role flip.
Yo Cel, you seem pretty convinced that the flip is for real. Where's your vote? :UUU

Yo Cel, you seem pretty convinced that the flip is for real. Where's your vote? :UUU
Day 2 has now begun, and will end in 120 hours, on June 5th at 6:00 PM EST (this is to allow Luis, who the doctor has ordered to rest until Monday, to post). You all may now post. Vote counts will come daily today, and you are expected to make at least 3 posts today. Those who have not made it to 3 posts so far will be tagged in every vote count until they do.
We should probably wait this day out so people can post, so there's no point turboing Lele. Like yeah, he's mafia and can't really get out of it, but if we turbo him we start Day 3 in the dark.

Granted this isn't as big an issue as it would ordinarily be because of the no nightkill.

I gtg soon, so I'll read over the posts later. But someone tried to kill me. I have an ability that saves me from being killed. So I guess scum tried to NK me? Gj ya dummies. :U

3PO9dtN.png

So. Good is. We know who scum is. We know who we can't trust. But one thing that makes me questioning pushing a lynch is his ability.
That states that he is stuck in somesort of basement?
Does that mean anything for us in means of gameplay?

Maybe.
But probably not tbh.

Is activity in this case number of posts?

thoughts on bbninjas?

Remember how Tapu defended himself by asking what was scummy in the specific way he rolefished, and how I said this defense seems to be coming from bbninjas? bbninjas later even acknowledged that this is something he told Tapu, but that it was said to him last game as a host. However, consider two things: bbninjas never voted Tapu Lele. bbninjas voted me shortly after because he said my accusation was Wifomy. This shows to me sort of a panic act, as if that was really what he thought, he would not come and explain how he told Tapu lele about this type of defense. After all, if my point on Tapu and Lele is negated only by the fact that bbninjas told him about it as a host last game, then the point itself is valid.

Hope you understand my line of thought here.

Gonna read back to gain some more insights. Sorry for the inactivity during D1.

As for Tapu Lele, if it was not obvious, we should lynch him today 100%.

Every single veteran who didn't vote for Tapu Lele or at least acknowledged how scummy he was is scummy to me. His role fishing was scummy as hell. Including AtE plus attempts to make people's cases invalid (see the posts about "2 veterans with different thoughts about me").
So you may understand why I put a veteran who defended Tapu, no less, in the highest place of my scum list at the moment:

Regarding Tapu Lele, I don't this role-fishing indicates that he's mafian. Lele seems to have thought through exactly what information he wanted to achieve (and how he wanted to use that to scumhunt), and so I think he had innocent intentions for asking for a semi-claim. That doesn't make it a good play, but I don't think it was a malicious play, which is what this case is revolving around. @Celever (and anyone else really), considering your post here, do you think Lele was intentionally obtaining information as to steer the nightkill?

Notice also how right after saying he doesn't think Lele was scum, he asks Celever about a possible motive Lele might have. That might be a subtle way to get info from town as to what exactly they think.

Other vetarans on that list who defended Tapu Lele(
Celever
Mordacazir
GM Draclord

Just to clarify, when you said "Even if it's not bbninjas", were you speculating that bbninjas helped me come up with defense or something along those lines? I made this post on my own, but looking at other games, I think I see why it might look like something from bb.

Umm yes, and hey, why didn't you just say, like bbninjas, that this is something bb told you last game? because it never happened?

So. Good is. We know who scum is. We know who we can't trust.
Is this just you’re daily random line or is this a scum slip because you know wjo scum is?
I gtg soon, so I'll read over the posts later. But someone tried to kill me. I have an ability that saves me from being killed. So I guess scum tried to NK me? Gj ya dummies. :U
Claiming? Now? Idk if that was smart because have you gotten a message that someone tried killing you? Before someone says this is rolefishing, it isn’t. I’m asking for 1 specific thing which isn’t even about the role itself. It’s just that he would’ve gotten a message if his ability was triggered. Some hosts do, some hosts don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back