Finished Mafia LI: Senate Subterfuge~Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mistakenly thought of something related to my ability, but was wrong about it. I am not in the basement. All I know is that Tapu Lele was revealed as scum by the host, and that the fastest way to know about the host’s reliability is by lynching Lele today.
Mmmmm nah I don't buy it. You weren't even willing to give Lele the time of day.

On that note, FoS on everyone today who said "we should lynch Lele because he's trying to defend himself", which is synonymous with the people who said "let's turbo Lele because he's trying to fool/trick the town". Those two statements mean exactly the same thing, and the former is not a scummy thing to do. The people who did this are people like scattered, Samwise, Luis. and PMJ, off the top of my head. Of them, I think scattered and Samwise are two great leads to pursue come Day 3; if I die today (which let's be real, one of me bb or Jabs are the likeliest nightkill targets (unless all 3 of us are mafia :UUUU)) then please pursue those two tomorrow, as I think one of or both of them are mafia, whether Lele flips town or nah.

"we should lynch Lele because he's trying to defend himself"

Just to be fair, I never said this.
I'm lynching Lele because he's been announced as scum. Whether he defends or not my opinion is the same, tbh I actually haven't paid much attention to his "defense" because I find it irrelevant.

Vote Count 4
@Tapu Lele (8): bbninjas, Jabberwock, Acetrainer_Samwise, scattered mind, TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK, @OshaCraft360, Acetrainer_Samwise, Luispipe8, GM DracLord, PMJ
Acetrainer_Samwise (1): Celever
Celever (0): Acetainer_Samwise
PMJ (0): Tapu Lele

Abstaining:
@mordacazir, @Professor_jplap, @GekkisaiDaiNi, @Jadethepokemontrainer, Tapu Lele, bbninjas, mirdo, @Yog, Luxinity, double o squirtle

Players yet to post thrice today have been tagged, along with the player who would be lynched if the day ended right now (Tapu Lele). Lele is at L-2.
Those who have yet to post thrice have also been notified about this via Discord.

You all did a lot better today; thank you all. There are 23 hours left in the day, so be sure to get posts in so you aren't at risk of being subbed out. Those who were on V/LA or subbed in today will get it a bit lighter, but not by much (except Yog who just got in the game).

Last edited:
Nice of Celever to offer up some piping hot wifom to cover him and his scum buddies.

You say fos to everyone who said Lele was scum for defending himself then said that it means the same thing as lele was scum because he's trying to fool the town, then said the former was not scummy. So by that logic neither is the latter. Which is it?

Wifom is saying you, bb, or jab is likely to die but the then immediately covering your asses by saying oops we're all mafia lol! It's not necessary and only serves to confuse. It doesn't matter if you only meant it as a joke, we're long past the stage for jokes. Note how your partner Lele joke voted me because he has no defense left. Now that I'm here, there is no way he's going to get away with trying to fool town, and neither are you.

You say fos to everyone who said Lele was scum for defending himself then said that it means the same thing as lele was scum because he's trying to fool the town, then said the former was not scummy. So by that logic neither is the latter. Which is it?

Wifom is saying you, bb, or jab is likely to die but the then immediately covering your asses by saying oops we're all mafia lol! It's not necessary and only serves to confuse. It doesn't matter if you only meant it as a joke, we're long past the stage for jokes. Note how your partner Lele joke voted me because he has no defense left. Now that I'm here, there is no way he's going to get away with trying to fool town, and neither are you.
Jeeeeeeez this is literally the most unnecessarily antagonistic post I've seen in mafia on this site hahahaha, could rival Camo.

ACETRAINER_SAMWISE
Lynch: Wouldn't help -- No one has really interacted with him
Scummy: As much as T_E
Behavior: Same as T_E
I vaguely remember finding something off about something Samwise said earlier on in the game but might not have commented at the time––will go back and reread eventually.
SCATTERED MIND
Lynch: Maybe?
Scummy: No direct scummy behavior I'm aware of
Behavior: Scattered
A lot of scattered's points have also been my points this game, which is slightly worrisome as that's a hallmark of an attempt to pocket. That said, I feel like his scum meta is usually more passive than this. IDK, worth coming back to later on.
Here's something I propose: maybe he's also in the basement?
Wdym "also"? According to you, you aren't in the basement. So you should've said "maybe he's in the basement instead" or "maybe he's the one in the basement".
6YToyEF.png
/patpat
Your speculation that scattered is in the basement chat is the conclusion I drew as well, but didn't bring up because I didn't think it would assist discussion (because of the anti-claim mechanics). In this context, though, bringing it up is fine. It's worth looking into tomorrow as well, especially if you flip town. In fact, if you flip town, I'd put scattered's chance of being mafia at like, 85%, as if he's in the basement chat there's no way he should push your lynch if you're town, as he'll know who else is in the basement with him.
I'm not really seeing what convinces you that scattered is in the basement chat tbh.
##UNVOTE:
Before people misinterpret this long running joke

And @Celever, that's a pretty hard question. Let's see...

I think I would lynch Jabberwock. Maybe you could call that OMGUS because he started my whole lynch, but the tone of jabberwock's posts seem like they lead, question, and assert more, whereas your posts and bb's posts seem to discuss hypotheses and make suggestions.

That's at least the feeling I get when reading them. I probably am wrong here, and these are probably just characteristics that are reminiscent of your personalities. I don't really have enough info to make a clear deduction.
I've been told that that's basically my meta as both town and scum.
Because as they aren't contributing they have no purpose at the moment and its time to move on with the game.
No no no no no. If we weren't about to get a ton of information from Lele's lynch that might sway me another way, I'd say we need to lynch Nick tomorrow. This is the second-scummiest post in the game so far, after #325. The lynch is the best tool we have against scum. We cannot waste it on inactives because "it's time to move on"; there will be no moving on if we don't lynch scum.
I mistakenly thought of something related to my ability, but was wrong about it. I am not in the basement. All I know is that Tapu Lele was revealed as scum by the host, and that the fastest way to know about the host’s reliability is by lynching Lele today.
Are you backpedaling? That's quite scummy if Lele flips town. It's like you're trying not to put all your eggs in the basket that you, as scum, know he'll flip.

I literally read this post in the voice I associate with Camo. @Celever needs to respond to it first and then I'll have my say.

Jeeeeeeez this is literally the most unnecessarily antagonistic post I've seen in mafia on this site hahahaha, could rival Camo.

Everyone notice that instead of responding to my question, he posts a nice, fluffy, do-nothing reply, obviously meant to stall while he consults the scum chat.

CASE ON BBNINJAS BUT FIRST A COUPLE POSTS I DIDN'T LIKE

Ah yes because I wouldn't just say that to him in scumchat if we were buddies

Really scummy wifom here.

Looking at that post a second time (Lele's), it does seem kind of off to me as well.

Backpedal after you got called out.

If bolding were less of a hassle on my phone I'd vote Lele. As is I'll do it tomorrow 9.9

Bolding is easy; tap the B to turn it on, tap it again to take it off. This is a flimsy excuse to not vote your scum pal.

AND NOW THE CASE ON BBNINJAS

Regarding Tapu Lele, I don't this role-fishing indicates that he's mafian. Lele seems to have thought through exactly what information he wanted to achieve (and how he wanted to use that to scumhunt), and so I think he had innocent intentions for asking for a semi-claim.

Tapu Lele made a huge blunder by blatantly role fishing, so bbninjas goes into damage control mode...

Also, do you think you should share anything related to the reward you won from the Certamen? And before people jump on me for role-fishing, I'm asking because I didn't have the time or motivation spare to look up any answers (and even guess them), but if the rewards are particularly powerful, we should all be putting in the effort as to keep the prizes out of mafian hands.

... but bbninjas role fishes here like a pro in the same exact post. Note that he goes into damage control before anyone even calls him out - gotta make sure you look town 100% of the time.

Well, why would you want a sneak peak? Why would you want T_E to divulge the answer? I would also assume that you would only ask such a question if you thought that it was a good idea; if you asked the question and thought it was a bad idea, then that's a bit scummy.

bbninjas grills jplap for asking T_E about his certamen reward, conveniently forgetting he did the same thing earlier that day.

On a different note, I'm not getting good vibes from scattered at all. The problem is, I haven't seen enough for him to decipher between what may be just a bad first impression, and an actual lead. He just seems to be going after Lele for all of the wrong reasons. Thoughts?

More damage control. He is defending Tapu Lele hard.

Celever, what's the difference between your earlier position regarding Tapu Lele, and your later position regarding T_E? Both theories suggested that said player was being helped via the scumchat, but you decided that Lele's was unsubstantiated, whereas T_E's was substantiated. You additionally concluded that T_E's claim had to be an alibi, even though the scenario was highly WIFOMy, and you didn't give any evidence as to why one way or the other.*

Before anyone says that I'm trying to abuse hindsight, in light of TE's flip, I had already voiced something along these lines (second last paragraph).

Emphasis mine; this is bbninjas's first post in day two, after Tapu Lele was revealed to be scum. Note again how bbninjas is trying hard to make himself appear town by answering questions no one has asked yet and defending himself against accusations no one has levied against him. It's a massively scummy way of thinking and he has gone out of his way to discredit the idea that Tapu Lele is scum.

His vote for Tapu Lele is a formality at this point because he knows there's realistically no way Tapu Lele is getting out of today alive, so he votes just so he can say that he was one of the first people on the wagon.

This means that the mafians will be trying to mislead, get the wrong people lynched, direct attention to other people, causing disturbances / interruptions in the discussion and whatever other means it takes to avoid getting lynched.

The irony here is palpable.

You made an defense (by questioning) very early in the game that basically echoed the type of question that I would ask. I then explain why this would be the case - I gave you this advice in Mafia 50. The odd thing is that you then claimed to have found this argument by looking at guides, and then checked multiple past games, discovering that I used this line of reasoning often. That's just a very convoluted explanation on your part. The problem? I don't see why you would give such a convoluted explanation as either alignment.

Distancing was the entire discussion topic of Gekki's posts, so it's still pretty fresh in my mind

Do you mean the distancing topic that was discussing back in early Day 1?? That was 5+ days ago, I have no idea why that would still be pretty fresh in your mind.

Yeah I see you're point, but I'm still learning, and these things leave an impression on me, you know?

There is no way this exchange between Tapu Lele and bbninjas wasn't orchestrated in the scum chat beforehand.

Why do you think there should be FoS on Cel if or because Lele flips scum? What about defending a mafian Lele actually indicates that Celever is a scumbuddy? In this situation, when its been publicly revealed that a scumbuddy is a mafian, scumbuddies generally won't defend them and try get someone lynched - most mafians would just cut their losses and go along with it.

This is WIFOM of the highest and most sacred order and you know it. That said, I also have to thank you for confirming Celever is your scum partner here. How do I know this? Because you're going out of your way to explain yourself to dos, who doesn't need you to explain basic mafia strategy to him. He's been in plenty of games and hosted at least once.

If not you, who do you think should be lynched today? I'm very specific about saying "who should be lynched" instead of "who do you think is scummy", by the way - I'm of the mind that you should absolutely and definitely be lynched at this point, even if I'm feeling increasingly uncertain about what you will flip.

Emphasis mine. bb asks Tapu Lele who should be lynched, if not him, despite thinking he should "absolutely and definitely be lynched at this point."

RE: whether or not the Lele flip is fake; I think there's a decent possibility simply because Lele has been defending really quite well, honestly, especially for their experience. Eitherway, here's the scenarios that I've thought of, none of which I would consider particularly bastard, as it would serve as something of balance, especially if this game is high-information:

Uh oh, deadline's approaching and everyone still wants Tapu Lele dead. bbninjas then lists off reason after reason to doubt Tapu Lele's lynch (but remains firmly seated on his wagon so he won't look like he was buddying too hard), even going so far as to suggest that NP and Vracken are bastard mods because that is the last flimsy line of defense the scum team has at this point.

Then bb goes into a list of do's and don'ts:

- DO claim your role if you're about be lynched or if you've caught a likely / confo-scum
- DO only ever claim the parts of your role that need to be claimed in that context.
- DO claim fully ONLY if you're about to be lynched, and if doing so helps the town make a better decision.
- DO be vague when specifics are not needed. Telling the town that your Ability relates to the Certamen should not trigger mechanics. Telling the town that you have an investigative role should not trigger mechanics. Apart from being utterly absurd, basically everyone will have vagued their role by Day 3 / 4, which would make such a mechanic far too abusable (and I trust that our hosts will not make this game broken).
- DO tell half-truths when claiming information. i.e. If you're a seer, you could claim being a dreamer, or that you got that information from someone else

- DO NOT claim your role name unless necessary
- DO NOT claim your role unless doing so gives significant information that directly improves the scumhunt
- DO NOT be specific or obvious about any hints that you give to the thread about your role. OR, don't hint at all.

Emphasis mine. He is trying insanely hard to appear pro-town and helpful here, but his behavior over the past two days has been the opposite. Remember that he got on jplap's case about asking T_E to clarify his certamen reward.

As for the bolded, bb, how are you going to trust the mods to make a balanced game but still have bastard mechanics? After all, having a mod say that as scum role belongs to someone who is not scum is awfully bastard. You can't have it both ways; either they're bastard mods or they aren't.

And then after this Tapu Lele goes of and makes a needlessly gigantic post about his reads, which we are real close to finding out are complete bullshit. It's a farce. Him, bbninjas, and Celever are all wasting the town's time and this hammer needs to happen ASAP.

When Tapu Lele flips scum, bbninjas dies day 3. He is 100% scum alongside Tapu Lele. Celever can die day 4.

Also reminder that someone apparently tried to kill dos. That's going to be something that's conveniently forgot later, I bet.

Also @Luxinity what is your opinion on the game? As a mod-confirmed town, your opinions actually hold weight.

bbninjas and Celever both outed themselves as scum. It's really quite convenient.

Everyone notice that instead of responding to my question, he posts a nice, fluffy, do-nothing reply, obviously meant to stall while he consults the scum chat.
OK, my response to your question is this: You're intentionally reading a flippant, fluffy, non-serious clause in a serious way to try and force a case where one doesn't exist. And no you can't pass it off by saying it wasn't obviously a joke: it was even in brackets, and had emojis after it. In other words, you're reaching.
Bolding is easy; tap the B to turn it on, tap it again to take it off. This is a flimsy excuse to not vote your scum pal.
No, if I hit the bold button on my phone it crashes my browser, same for hitting the reply button, which is why I don't quote if I post from my phone. Stop assuming you know things and ask for clarification if you think there could be an issue, because just asserting is not productive for town, as it doesn't help gather new information, it just states information you already believe.
PMJ said:
And then after this Tapu Lele goes of and makes a needlessly gigantic post about his reads, which we are real close to finding out are complete bullshit. It's a farce. Him, bbninjas, and Celever are all wasting the town's time and this hammer needs to happen ASAP.

When Tapu Lele flips scum, bbninjas dies day 3. He is 100% scum alongside Tapu Lele. Celever can die day 4.
A great example of making posts seem towny by making confident assertions and longer posts than normal while having not exactly a lot of content within the posts themselves, and what content there is being intrinsically flawed. Of course there's more to pedant out of mine and bb's posts to make us look scummy: we've made the most posts so far.

Why have you decided to only come into the game 24 hours before the end of Day 2, PMJ?

Can someone summarize what has been going on? I don't really understand.
^

Been trying to read up but it's a bit overwhelming
There hasn't been much that's happened today, honestly, and we're in a pseudo-RVS state still. There wasn't a nightkill last night, which is awesome but means we have less information than we normally would at this point, and there's been basically no discussion today because everyone resigned as soon as it was clear Lele was gonna be the lynch target for the day, which happened immediately at daystart.
No no no no no. If we weren't about to get a ton of information from Lele's lynch
How much information do you really think we're going to get from this lynch?

Are you backpedaling? That's quite scummy if Lele flips town. It's like you're trying not to put all your eggs in the basket that you, as scum, know he'll flip.

All I can say is that I misinterpreted something. I am still convinced that Lele is scum solely based on the role reveal. Even if there is a bastard mechanic in this game, it is important that we know it ASAP. So either way, lele's defense was not important- and since he is 99.9% scum anything he says is naturally there to trick people.

How much information do you really think we're going to get from this lynch?

Even though lele is not on the scumchat (as implied by the role reveal flavour) the scum may still try to manipulate town to keep him alive so he could join them after they saw the role reveal. So there is still ways to gain info by looking at pattern changes regarding lele, or even some patterns that got even stronger after lele's reveal.

Even though lele is not on the scumchat (as implied by the role reveal flavour) the scum may still try to manipulate town to keep him alive so he could join them after they saw the role reveal. So there is still ways to gain info by looking at pattern changes regarding lele, or even some patterns that got even stronger after lele's reveal.
Any information we attempt to glean from this lynch is subject to WIFOM. If Lele flips mafia, then the other mafians would either try to keep him alive, or try and lynch him aggressively so they get town cred, upon seeing his flip. If Lele flips town, then we get literally no information because it made too much sense to push his lynch. Therefore, we get no usable information from his lynch, no matter which way it goes.

I still want a response from you on this though, Jabs.

I was in V/LA until yesterday due to Madison regionals, and I always skip out on early day one.

Re reaching: you didn't actually answer my question, just deflected and talked about the wifom bit. So good job there.

Re bold: fine, whatever, I can't prove it disprove what you say so I'll drop it.

bb's quantity of posts means little, his substance is mega scummy and I've illustrated that. Do you sincerely believe otherwise?

Also, lol at the idea we're even a little in rvs

My lunch break is over, I'll check back in a few hours.

I was in V/LA until yesterday due to Madison regionals, and I always skip out on early day one.
Eh, shoulda got it host-approved.
PMJ said:
Re reaching: you didn't actually answer my question, just deflected and talked about the wifom bit. So good job there.
That was my bad I remembered the first paragraph being fluff so didn't reread it. But you also just deflected my point and talked about the fact that I talked about the wifom bit (this is getting silly) so just respond to it please.
I don't know if you're intentionally misreading what I said or what, but not even your paraphrasing of what I said is a logic loop. I'll rephrase, anyway: FoS on everyone who said Lele is trying to trick/fool the town (and that we should lynch him because of this), because what people are treating as "tricking the town" is simply Lele's defense, and defending yourself is not a scummy thing to do at all.
PMJ said:
bb's quantity of posts means little, his substance is mega scummy and I've illustrated that. Do you sincerely believe otherwise?
In a perfect world it wouldn't mean anything, but you've seen this activity.
PMJ said:
Also, lol at the idea we're even a little in rvs
We're not in RVS now but tomorrow we probably will be. I guess we'll have the nightkill as a source for information, but that's not much at all, and the scum could easily kill one of the inactive players who's just skating by so they don't get modkilled, and we'd get no information from it. Like let's be real, if Lele gets lynched today and Luxinity gets nightkilled tonight, what leads have we got? None that we can pursue, because even if bb is mafia if we lynch him now we'll have even less leads for the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back