Finished Mafia 53: Twilight's Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway @PMJ, ou said i was supposed to survive right. What action did you missed out? Im justcurious since i didnt notice what could have been different,

Although all the farewell ability is a bit troublesome being “locked abilities”. It was a nice concept

Great game everyone, and especially to PMJ for his usual magnificent hosting! It was refreshing to see so many people pitch in the effort to hunt, and those trippy plays (Cel fake-claiming seer, Keeper claiming bomb, Camo hard-pushing Zone, Zone claiming lynchproof + pushing the whole Cel is town thing) were a really nice change of pace. I was pretty off this game, so sorry about pushing ya Drac, and I hope I didn’t annoy you too much Zone!! xD

Thank you PMJ for another great game! Really enjoyed it from start to finish .
Also most players played really well and made this game so interesting and challenging.

I read some of the flavor up to the point where I died.

Great game everyone, and especially to PMJ for his usual magnificent hosting! It was refreshing to see so many people pitch in the effort to hunt, and those trippy plays (Cel fake-claiming seer, Keeper claiming bomb, Camo hard-pushing Zone, Zone claiming lynchproof + pushing the whole Cel is town thing) were a really nice change of pace. I was pretty off this game, so sorry about pushing ya Drac, and I hope I didn’t annoy you too much Zone!! xD
It's alright. I think the problem is on me. Because I am paranoid and all. In the end, everything went better than I could ever imagine for me. Props for Mariano and Keeper for attacking each other though. Keeper even said that the odds of me was 75%... apparently that is not enough.

Heyo! Really sorry for turning on town this game; if it wasn't for Luis/BB's Farewell Abilities in tandem, I never ever ever would have done it. Not even in F5 LYLO or whatever. But can you really call it a betrayal when I'm the one that gave Mariano a chance to vig the scum instead of get lynched and voted the scum for most of the day?
This was a super exciting, well balanced, and interesting role-wise game to play! Thanks for PMJ for all the fun, and the players here for bringing their A games and making this a great experience!
I think this game is evidence enough that survivor is a pretty bad role in terms of fun, since you have to play weird politics rather than mafia and a survivor lynch doesn't actually help town at all since it costs a mislynch.
NP played well though and deserved the win. I would’ve played differently the final day but it worked out for him.
Definitely if I didn't know a time limit was going to be imposed I would have forced votes between myself and Zone. But then that didn't work and it was kinda no good since I was super busy this week and didn't have time for a scumhunt.

I think the real takeaway for townies this game is the value of tonereads. I said right around the time of the lynch to PMJ FWIW I'm getting very strong vibes from both Mariano and Keeper that they know they're a townie and I'm not getting them from Zone. Like this kind of fight between Keeper and Mariano seems like they both are tunneling hard and Zone is off in space not really caring about this pivotal lynch. And I think from what Keeper said, he noticed this much too.
Remember why I was onto Camo being scum? Because I thought he just didn't care about who was lynched. That's a simple tone read, but effective.
Or remember why Cel got Luis? Because he didn't have concrete evidence for Luis as scum, but he and I both had noticed something off about that slot.
There are times you may not be able to quantify a read, but that shouldn't be indicative of a read's validity. The best reads are often the ones that are just based on somebody not quite doing a convincing acting job, not always checking off a list of boxes in terms of scumtells. If we except the fact that a player is clear and confident that they're a townie as basis for townreads, the opposite should be allowed for scumreads.
Can somebody grab me a link to scumchat/deadchat/neighborhood chats?

Last edited:
Heyo! Really sorry for turning on town this game; if it wasn't for Luis/BB's Farewell Abilities in tandem, I never ever ever would have done it. Not even in F5 LYLO or whatever. But can you really call it a betrayal when I'm the one that gave Mariano a chance to vig the scum instead of get lynched and voted the scum for most of the day?

This was a super fun, well balanced, and interesting role-wise game to play! Thanks for PMJ for all the fun, and the players here for bringing their A games and making this a great experience!

I think this game is evidence enough that survivor is a pretty bad role in terms of fun, since you have to play weird politics rather than mafia and a survivor lynch doesn't actually help town at all since it costs a mislynch.

Definitely if I didn't know a time limit was going to be imposed I would have forced votes between myself and Zone. But then that didn't work and it was kinda no good since I was super busy this week and didn't have time for a scumhunt.

I think the real takeaway for townies this game is the value of tonereads. I said right around the time of the lynch to PMJ FWIW I'm getting very strong vibes from both Mariano and Keeper that they know they're a townie and I'm not getting them from Zone. Like this kind of fight between Keeper and Mariano seems like they both are tunneling hard and Zone is off in space not really caring about this pivotal lynch. And I think from what Keeper said, he noticed this much too.
Remember why I was onto Camo being scum? Because I thought he just didn't care about who was lynched. That's a simple tone read, but effective.
Or remember why Cel got Luis? Because he didn't have concrete evidence for Luis as scum, but he and I both had noticed something off about that slot.
There are times you may not be able to quantify a read, but that shouldn't be indicative of a read's validity. The best reads are often the ones that are just based on somebody not quite doing a convincing acting job, not always checking off a list of boxes in terms of scumtells. If we except the fact that a player is clear and confident that they're a townie as basis for townreads, the opposite should be allowed for scumreads.

Can somebody grab me a link to scumchat/deadchat?
So... scum won because of luck and lack of experience?

Also:
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/7BYCPbJiqG3F
Dunno where the deadchat is.

So... scum won because of luck and lack of experience?
Definitely not at all. Scum won because they tricked townies into thinking they were townies and creating Town vs Town fights. Definitely not luck or lack of experience; a good deal of skill was involved in that process. The toneread thing is just a tiny note of my thoughts on how town may have been able to get over the hump.

Definitely not at all. Scum won because they tricked townies into thinking they were townies and creating Town vs Town fights. Definitely not luck or lack of experience; a good deal of skill was involved in that process. The toneread thing is just a tiny note of my thoughts on how town may have been able to get over the hump.
I see. Thanks!
...so, how is your evaluation on me? Just asking out of pure curiosity, but I feel as if the answer is going to be something like: "About the same as Championship 5. Needs to be more proactive and decisive."

...so, how is your evaluation on me? Just asking out of pure curiosity, but I feel as if the answer is going to be something like: "About the same as Championship 5. Needs to be more proactive and decisive."
Nah. Your proactivity or decisiveness doesn't matter as scum; what matters is the fact you were making tons of posts and seen as town and were never really caught by anybody at all. That's pretty nice play if I say so. Obviously if you were town it's always good to see proactivity and making reads/catching scum for yourself, but you had a different win-con and you played to it nicely.
I hope you stick around here and I in fact get to see you play as a townie in the future haha!

Last edited:
what matters is the fact you were making tons of posts and seen as town and were never really caught by anybody at all. That's pretty nice play if I say so.
That is not good... My scumplay is basically my townplay but with instructions from other scum, so this is not good for future me...
I hope you stick around here and I in fact get to see you play as a townie in the future haha!
I hope to do that as well! Please poke me in the future, I should be able to play the 54th Game.

Wow, the results surprised me! I really thought Keeper was the last scum. By the way, sorry Keeper if I repeated things on you over the game and annoyed you because of that, it's part of the game and you were scum inside my mind ;).
I've never been good at scumhunting and this game made me think I was improving in some way, until I found that Drac and Keeper were town so I now think I suck again :p.

Congratulations to the whole scum team for the victory, and specially to Zone for fooling me like that. I townread you the whole game!
Props to NP too for playing excellent to achieve his wincon.
Thanks PMJ for the great hosting and for this super funny game!

Hey all, just letting people know there are no current applications awaiting approval for the next game of Mafia. If you are interested in running a game, please PM me and @bbninjas with your general flavour and application itself as per the standard mafia application.

Thank you all ^w^

This was a super exciting, well balanced, and interesting role-wise game to play! Thanks for PMJ for all the fun, and the players here for bringing their A games and making this a great experience!

Can somebody grab me a link to scumchat/deadchat/neighborhood chats?

https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/DtjscXkjWKCQM - deadchat

Remember when NinjaPenguin asked me to come here and join a Mafia game? Well it is time for me to do that here as well.

NovelUpdates are currently seeking four more players to play a nine-player mafia match. If anyone is available, please come over to NUF and join the game. Thank you very much.

I'm sorry for the delay in getting this out. I'm gonna just say right now that it's not the postgame anyone is hoping for but the truth of the matter is, I am finding it very hard to care much about anything lately. My depression is the worst it's ever been and if my fic is any indication there is little hope that I will put together a "proper" postgame any time soon. Rather than leave everyone hanging, I'm going to something of a postgame lite to at least give the game some closure while it's still relevant.

I had high hopes going into this game. NP's game had 20 players, and though Drac's had only a fraction of that, I was confident that I could fill all 18 spots pretty easily; after all, I had people coming out of the woodwork to sign up for my last Mafia game, so what's the worst that could happen?

Well, as it turns out, school happened. Many of the players who'd played in NP's game were nowhere to be found once my signups went up, and the few I could find wussed out chose not to play cause of school. Suddenly I was like seven players down and in a setup for 18 that is a disaster.

Fortunately, with a minimum amount of arm twisting, we managed to get fourteen. It wasn't ideal - trying to balance a game for 18 and then having to redo everything for 14 wasn't fun - but I did the best I could. It turned out pretty well, I think, although I think once you guys see the original versions of all my roles, and the roles that I removed you'll agree that the original setup could have been a blast. I'm also putting the original roles here for anyone to look at in case they need role ideas or whatever.

Activity-wise, things were generally very good. Once we got the shitters out of the way, everyone pulled their weight. Props to the scum team for not camping in the scum chat, never mind that I threatened to kill them if they did. I never once had to get on them for it, and that's really all I can ask for. It makes their victory that much more deserved, in my opinion.

I'm glad that the overall view of the game was a positive one. I realize that this is mostly to do with the activity of everyone involved and almost nothing to do with the story elements, but at the same time I'm glad that there were a few of you that appreciated the story, which was honestly more than I thought was going to like it. I encourage you to read it if you haven't (all the updates are linked in the OP), and I also encourage you to watch the show it's based on.

Brief thoughts on each player:

@Keeper of Night - Thanks for coming out of retirement to play, it was fun having you. Though you did start treating your night action like a seer which is exactly why I gave town people anti-Farewells.
@scattered mind - Weren't alive long but you stayed fairly active in the graveyard once you were killed.
@NinjaPenguin - To precisely no one's surprise you betrayed the town. If you would have played a little harder you could have easily joint won with town. It all worked out in the end but that doesn't mean it was optimal. You said as much yourself so not much else to say on that matter.
@GM DracLord - Seeing you play as town, I am slowly starting to understand the way you play. Or maybe it was just an anomaly and the next time we'll play you can just pocket the hell out of me as scum.
@quakingpunch73 - Thanks for taking the high road and backing out like a bro
@Camoclone - Thanks for jumping in and saving the scum team, you blew through your sub abilities exactly like I thought whoever had this slot would, making the auto-votes relevant towards the end of the game
@TOTAL_EPICNESS - Only subbed out due to failing an activity check. There are worse players so don't feel too bad. But inactivity hurts your team whether you're town or scum so if you play any future games please make sure you are giving it the attention it deserves.
@bbninjas - Active participant even before he joined, tried his ass off despite not giving a rat's ass about MLP. Model player, felt confident he would put in work and that's exactly what he did.
@Mariano11887 - Survived all the way to the end, if you and Keeper would have taken a step back from your mudslinging you guys might have gotten Zone lynched. Restricting the kill ability seemed to be the correct play.
@TeamAqua4Life #HEYNICK - Same note as T_E, be more active and pay attention. Your team is counting on you and everyone's participation is important, especially in a smaller game such as this one.
@Jabberwock - Another player who I had no qualms with in terms of activity. Sorry I don't have anything more to say in terms of your play specifically, but good job on the pro-town thing you did.
@roz_the_eevee - I forgot you played. Then I remembered how you got lynched and I gotta say I would have done things differently. Technically though by you dying day 1 the power roles are all safe so I guess it worked out.
@Celever - Thought it was funny that Celly got Princess Celly as a role. Anyway he was active as long as he said he was gonna be so I can't really fault him for that, even if the timing of his disappearance ended up being at an important stage of the game
@Professor_jplap - Disclaiming that your activity will be sketchy is fine but I take that to mean you have other real-life, non-PB obligations to tend to. But when I see you active in other threads on the site and refuse to even do a cursory check in when numerous people are trying to get you to play the game you signed up for, that is the ultimate in douchery.
@Zone Q11 - Did great early on, your new and your passive tone carried you far, cementing you as town to just about everyone. People only started getting suspicious when they didn't have much other choice and that's an enviable spot for scum to be in. Voting for Mariano gave him the option of shooting you which could have been disastrous if Mariano hadn't been laser focused on Keeper. Thank you for visiting us and helping me make this game a success, I enjoyed talking ponies with you.
@Jadethepokemontrainer - I am less irate at you than I am at jplap because you didn't post at all outside of your in post. This is double frustrating because you said you would make time for this game and you didn't even try.

First, the roles that appeared in the game.

You are Princess Twilight Sparkle, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

After accidentally impressing the princess at your entrance exam into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, she took you under her wing as her personal protege and guided your magic development into adulthood. Though you have been an extremely talented sorceress from a young age, you only bothered making a few friends, preferring the comfort of books to interaction with ponies of the non-Celestia variety. You and your assistant Spike were originally sent to the small town of Ponyville to oversee preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, a celebration of Princess Celestia's banishment of Nightmare Moon, and also tasked with making some new friends. To make a very long story short, you eventually became an alicorn and received the title of Princess of Friendship. The murder of your parents was the catalyst you needed to gather what's left of your friends and take a final stand against Tirek. You are the face of the resistance, and it is critical that you see this conflict through to the end. Whatever you do, don't die. Everypony is counting on you.

Active Ability: Second Chance
As head of the EDF, you have temporarily supplanted Celestia and Luna as the highest authority in the land. As a result, you hold sway over who lives and who dies. As often as you like during the day, you may PM me ##PARDON: Player. If the last player you chose is voted to be lynched, they will not be lynched. The player will not die, and the day will end without a lynch. This ability locks when you have successfully used this ability or the game reaches LyLo, whichever happens first.

Farewell Ability: Element of Magic
Locked. This ability unlocks when you die. (If you are lynched, it will appear unlocked in your flip.)

Farewell, Twilight Sparkle. It appears your fight is over now. Can your friends carry on in your stead, or will they slowly crumble without your leadership? Minuette has her work cut out for her... As the Element of Magic, you hold the rest of the Elements together. You provide the spark needed for them to function, and without you, there is no hope for using the Elements ever again. Your death gives the Deadly Alliance a huge morale boost; they will be able to make two kills on the next night. (This ability does nothing if activating it would skip MyLo or LyLo and guarantee the Deadly Alliance's victory.)

Win Condition: All threats eliminated

You are Spike, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A baby dragon and Twilight's lifelong assistant, you were sent with her to Ponyville and acted as a liaison between her and Princess Celestia, using your magical fire breath to send and receive letters between the two. Unlike other dragons, you're fun and playful, a byproduct of being raised by ponies, though you still have your manly pride as a dragon. Over the years, you've remained by Twilight's side as her life has slowly become more complex as the Princess of Friendship, and you're no stranger to saving the day yourself - you are hailed as hero in the Crystal Empire. You know Twilight is taking the Cakes' deaths pretty hard, almost as hard as Pinkie, but you will stand by her in this conflict as the one pony - er, dragon - that she knows she can trust completely.

Passive Ability: Talented
You've shown yourself to be quite talented in many different areas, including announcing, playing musical instruments, singing, and cooking. This ability to do just about anything is going to prove quite helpful in this conflict. You will take on all Passive and Active Abilities of the first player aligned with the EDF to die.

Farewell Ability: Number One Assistant
Locked. This ability unlocks when you die. (If you are lynched, it will appear unlocked in your flip.)

Farewell, Spike. You've served Twilight faithfully until the very end; she will be deathproof for the next phase. (A phase is one day/night cycle.)

You are Princess Celestia, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You are one of the two god-princesses of Equestria along with your younger sister, Luna. After you both overthrew Discord as ruler of Equestria, the two of you ruled together, with you raising the sun and overseeing the day, and her raising the moon and overseeing the night. This continued until Luna's bitterness turned her into the evil Nightmare Moon, and you banished her to the moon for a thousand years. With the help of Twilight Sparkle and her Ponyville friends, Luna was restored to her original self, and has since resumed her duties as Princess of the Night. As Twilight's mentor and teacher, you've helped Twilight understand the magic of friendship and transformed Twilight into an alicorn once you believed she'd truly mastered the art. After Twilight's parents were killed, you and Luna helped Twilight form the Equestrian Defense Force to stomp out Tirek once and for all.

Active Ability: War Orders
Equestria hasn't seen war for nearly a thousand years, but that doesn't mean you've forgotten what it's like to have ponies under your command in wartime. Twice a night, you may PM me ##DECREE: Player1 to Player2. If the first player uses an ability that targets another player, they will be forced to target the second player instead. (If tracked, you will only be shown to have visited the first player.)

Farewell Ability: Solar Eclipse

Farewell, Celestia. The evil aura weakened you to the point where you were able to be slain, which has terrible consequences for the forces of good. The next day will last only 48 hours instead of 96 hours. Additionally, lynches during this day require a supermajority of 67% (rounded up) instead of a simple majority. If this threshold is not met, there will be no lynch.

You are Princess Luna, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You are one of the two god-princesses of Equestria along with your older sister, Celestia. After you both overthrew Discord as ruler of Equestria, the two of you ruled together, with her raising the sun and overseeing the day, and you raising the moon and overseeing the night. You noticed that ponies always slept through the beautiful night you created while frolicking in Celestia's day, and this made you bitter and jealous, resulting in your transformation into Nightmare Moon. After a thousand-year banishment to the moon, you were finally freed and restored by Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and for this you are eternally grateful. Since then, you've assisted Twilight in matters of being a princess, as well as appeared to other ponies to help them with their problems, especially problems involving their fears. Twilight has been suffering from terrible nightmares since the death of her parents, and you've made it your job to save her from them the same way she and her friends saved you from yours.

Active Ability: Astral Projection
One of your unique abilities is to manipulate dreams - you can see them, project yourself into them, even reshape them entirely. You can use this ability to watch over somepony and keep them safe. Once during any night, you may PM me ##PROTECT: Player to send a vision of yourself to that player, warding off any potential attackers. If any kills resolve on that player tonight, they will fail.

Farewell Ability: Fountain of Dreams

Farewell, Luna. You've been weakened to the point of normal mortality, and now you are dead. You still have enough power leftover to make one last foray into the world of dreams. At any time before the next day ends, you may PM me ##DREAM: Player. If that player is aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force, you will send that player a dream during the next night about three randomly chosen other players, at least one of which is aligned with the Deadly Alliance; if that player is aligned with the Deadly Alliance, they will suffer from narcoleptic episodes for the rest of the game, causing them to fall asleep at random times. Their Active Abilities will fail 30% of the time when used. (This includes the night kill.)

You are Fluttershy, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A shy pegasus from Cloudsdale and Rainbow Dash's best friend, an accident during a race led you to discovering your ability to communicate with animals, and thus, your cutie mark. As the Element of Kindness, you're known for solving problems by panicking diplomacy and showing others kindness, even though they may not deserve it, to animals all across the land (except dragons - those are scary). Some of your other talents include sewing, conducting a bird choir, and being jaw-droppingly beautiful, so much so that you even did a brief stint as a supermodel. Rarity is insanely jealous of how you manage to look so good without trying. You're also kind of a doormat, preferring not to start conflicts with other ponies, but... everypony has their limits - including somepony as meek and timid as you.

Active Ability: Panic
When the going gets tough, the tough get going! And you get going, all right, right out of your house and to someone else's to hide. Once a night, you may PM me ##HIDE BEHIND: Player. You will spend the night hiding behind that player, protecting yourself from any kills that resolve on you; however, if one resolves on the player you use this ability on, you will also die, even if a second kill also resolves on you.

Farewell Ability: Saddle Rager

Farewell, Fluttershy. How could anypony be horrible enough to kill you? As the Power Pony, Saddle Rager, your powers come from getting angry, something that you don't like doing, but you'll do it if you're pushed to the limit. If you were killed as a result of using Panic, there is a 50% chance you will explode with anger, killing your attacker in a needlessly violent fury. If you were lynched, there is a 25% chance you will turn your rage upon whoever hammered you if they're aligned with the town and a 50% chance if they're not. Being a hulking monstrosity, you can be sure that you can crush your way through any protection your target has on them.

You are Rainbow Dash, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A brash pegasus from Cloudsdale, and Fluttershy's best friend. When you were a filly, you flew so fast that you broke the sound barrier in a phenomenon called a sonic rainboom, which ultimately led to you and all your friends getting their cutie marks. Your lifelong dream has been to join the Wonderbolts, an elite flying team, a dream which you finally realized after years of hard work. You have a highly competitive side, and you and Applejack have competed in various feats of strength and prowess for nothing more than bragging rights. In more serious situations, your desire to win can cause you to question yourself when put in morally compromising situations, but as the embodiment of the Element of Loyalty, you always end up back on the straight and narrow. No matter what riches or prestige would be showered on you, you would never abandon your friends to get it. I mean, Twilight's pretty shook up, you get it, but all those years of loyalty don't mean anything? Really?

Passive Ability: Proud
You exude coolness, but you're a bit too proud for your own good, and you refuse to accept something as lame as protection from other ponies for fear of looking weak. Active Abilities that prevent players from dying will fail when used on you.

Active Ability: Reconnaissance
One of your favorite things to do (besides telling everypony how awesome you are) is pranking ponies. A fair bit of stealth is required to pull some of these off, and you'll be using that to your advantage here. Once a night, you may PM me ##TRACK: Player. You will follow that player around tonight, learning who, if anypony, they visited.

Farewell Ability: Fierce Competitor

Farewell, Rainbow Dash. Nopony (except maybe Applejack) is quite as competitive as you, and your unwillingness to lose is so strong that it gives you limited powers after death. You can participate in any future Friendship Activities. If you win them, you can choose to keep the reward, effectively removing it from the game, or pass it to any player you wish. (You have 12 hours from the activity's conclusion to decide.)

You are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are a club founded by Rarity's little sister Sweetie Belle, Applejack's little sister Apple Bloom, and their classmate, Scootaloo, out of frustration over not having your cutie marks - a symbol of a pony's calling in life. Apple Bloom's cousin Babs Seed was eventually inducted as the fourth member of the club. In an ironic twist, the three of you eventually earned your cutie marks after realizing that helping others discover their own calling was more important than finding your own. Since then, your club has been focused on helping other ponies get their cutie marks, with many success stories to your credit. The three of you tried many different activities in your quest for your cutie marks, and while none of them resulted in a cutie mark, some of them were pretty promising. In this conflict, you're finding it very difficult to get out and help since the adults won't let you out of their sight... but everypony has to sleep sometime, right?

Active Ability: Hitpony
Babs was bullied in her hometown of Manehattan, and she's no stranger to bullying others in an attempt to fit in and avoid ridicule. She's taking it to the extreme in this conflict. Once a night, you may PM me ##KILL: Player, where Player is somepony who has voted for you at any point during the game (votes cast for you in the first 48 hours of day 1 do not count). Babs will visit that player and kill them. You can't use this ability the same night you use Singer, Motivational Speaker, or Journalist. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Singer
Scootaloo can't sing, but that doesn't stop her from singing her heart out anyway. Time to use it to your advantage! Once a night, you may PM me ##SERENADE: Player. Scootaloo will visit that player and sing to them, badly. They won't have the heart to shoo her away, and they will be stuck at home for the night, preventing the use of any Active Abilities. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Motivational Speaker, or Journalist. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Motivational Speaker
Apple Bloom is a hard worker, and her positive attitude is infectious, even with danger on all sides. Once a night, you may PM me ##MOTIVATE: Player. Apple Bloom visit that player and give them a pep talk, increasing their vote weight by 1 the next day, but since you stayed and chatted too long, they didn't get enough sleep, so they will be lynched at L-1 as well. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Singer, or Journalist. If the following day is LyLo, this ability's effects are nullified. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Journalist
Sweetie Belle came up with the idea to become journalists for the school paper, which was a good idea that backfired once the gossip column you three created became libelous. The three of you retired following that, but the ability to learn information has stayed with you. Once a night, you may PM me ##INVESTIGATE: Player. Sweetie Belle will go visit that player, and return with their role PM; however, despite your snooping prowess, you're still just a little filly. You don't have the experience to realize when somepony is lying to you, so you won't be able to tell if the role PM you receive is a safe claim or not. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Singer, or Motivational Speaker. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Farewell Ability: Cutie Mark Crusaders Overload

Farewell, Cutie Mark Crusaders. You tried to help, but you got in over your heads, and now you've all met a terrible fate. But you won't let your talents go to waste! You can use as many of your unlocked abilities as you like during the next night. Neither your usage of these abilities nor your targets can be tampered with by any player. Journalist results will be sent to both you and Twilight Sparkle, if that player is still alive.

You are "Big" McIntosh, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

latest

Alongside your little sister Applejack, your days are spent working on your family farm and caring for little Apple Bloom and your old Granny Smith. As a young colt, you were quite the chatterbox, but you've learned in later years to talk less and listen more, allowing you to convey most of your feelings with a simple "eeeyup" or "nnnope." This has resulted in some ponies thinking you're somewhat dumb, but this couldn't be further from the truth. You care greatly for your family and do a fine job working the farm and raising your sisters in the absence of your parents, who died a long time ago. You feel for Twilight, having lost her own folks. Anypony asks you, both of them Cakes got what they deserved. Traitors deserve no mercy.

Passive Ability: Hard Work Pays Off
A lifetime of hard farm work has given you amazing strength and stamina. As a result, you will be lynched at L+1 until day four.

Active Ability: Strong Work Ethic
You have an admirable work ethic, and that's something that can be lacking in other ponies when things seem bleak. Fortunately, you're here to fix that. Once a night, you may PM me ##INSPIRE: Player. You will instill your strong work ethic in that player, allowing them to experience some sort of buff to their role during the next night. Not everypony needs inspiration, though, so some players will not get the benefits of this ability. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights. (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: MaxIntosh

Farewell, McIntosh. The last player you used Strong Work Ethic on will have their abilities buffed for the rest of the game.

You are Starlight Glimmer, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

The former leader of Our Town, you were one of many who threatened Equestria before Twilight and her friends put a stop to it. Instead of destroying you with the Elements of Harmony, however, Twilight forgave you and you became her pupil instead, learning how to be a better friend. As a natural leader, you led Discord, Trixie, and Thorax into battle against Queen Chrysalis and her changelings, and accompanied Twilight to convince Stygian, the Pony of Shadows and latest threat to Equestrian harmony, to accept friendship and reform himself, proving that Star Swirl the Bearded's mantra of "once a villain, always a villain" is far from the truth.

Active Ability: Time Twist
As a final attempt at defeating Twilight, you used a spell to go back in time to stop Rainbow Dash from performing her sonic rainboom, which was the catalyst which brought Twilight and her friends together to defeat you in the first place. Now that you're on the side of good, you can use this spell to see things normally available only after death. Once a night, you may PM me ##FORESEE: Player. You will travel to an alternate Equestria where that player has died, learn what their Farewell Ability does, and return. (If a player has multiple Farewell Abilities, you will only learn about one of them.) The spell is unstable, and you have to be careful not to affect this timeline, so you won't have enough time to discern whether or not the Farewell Ability you learn about is true, or just that of a safe claim. (You can use this ability on yourself.) (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: The Blank Game

Farewell, Starlight Glimmer. Perhaps you were an unlucky victim of circumstance. Maybe everypony thought you were a villain after all. Whatever the case, you can be sure that somepony is going to pay. During your time as a villain, you used an item you called the Staff of Sameness to replace the cutie marks of everyone in Our Town with an equals sign, making everyone the same and fostering "true" friendship since nopony is more or less talented than anypony else. The staff was later revealed to be a simple piece of wood, but the magic behind it - your own magic - was very real. You will erase all Passive and Active Abilities of whoever is responsible for your death. (If you are lynched, this will be whoever hammers you.) In addition to this, they will lose the ability to post in any QuickTopics they previously had access to or participate in future Friendship Activities.

You are Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

As the Element of Laughter, you've made it your life's mission to see everypony smiling. Whether it's throwing a party for literally any occasion or singing a song to bring everyone together, you're not happy until there's a smile on every face. You've also got a love of pranks, something that has made Rainbow Dash into one of your closest friends out of the six of you. Of course, everypony has their demons, and yours is insecurity. Your mood shifts are extreme; when you're happy, you're ecstatic, but when you get depressed, things can get very, very bad. Losing the Cakes devastated you - they were family, spies or no, and you're not sure how much more anguish your heart can take.

Passive Ability: Mood Swing
Nopony can predict how you'll feel on a given day. As a result, every day, your vote weight will either be 0, 1, or 2, assigned randomly. This ability locks when the game reaches LyLo.

Passive Ability: Fili-Second
As the Power Pony, Fili-Second, you have super speed! As a result, you can avoid just about everything. All non-lethal Active Abilities have no effect on you. (This has no effect on any Passive Abilities that are already affecting you.)

Active Ability: Just a Game
There have been numerous occasions where you break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience. As such, you are aware that this is just a game, none of this is real, and that your friends aren't really in any danger. But it's fun to play along! Once a night, you may ##ASK me a question about the game's setup. You may not ask any questions involving a specific player's role name or alignment, and I reserve the right not to answer any question for any reason. If your question is unacceptable, you may ask another one, time permitting. If your second question is unacceptable, you will be instantly killed. Haha, just kidding! Or am I? Sometimes I can't even tell! (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Pinkie's Present

Farewell, Pinkie Pie. Hopefully you didn't die too early, and you got some good questions in. Since you know that this is a game, you can use your fourth-wall-breaking powers to give your abilities away! You can give away Fili-Second and Just a Game. You cannot give both abilities to the same player. If you don't choose within 12 hours, they'll be given out randomly.

You are Lord Tirek, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

You escaped from Tartarus once; escaping it again was only a matter of time. Stealing the magic from the dozens of lesser ponies who dared to stand in your path have given you enough strength to assume this form. Now that you have allies with you, you will surely have your revenge against the worthless pony princess who cheated by absorbing the power of the other princesses. The evil energy offered by joining forces with your allies has been a stifling curtain that has allowed you to keep the princesses of Equestria under your thumb. Despite this, Princess Twilight has declared war, and she's out for your blood. As your two forces clash day after day, you can't help but laugh at the sheer amount of ponies on her side who have secretly sworn allegiance to you. The pathetic child has absolutely no clue. It would break her if she knew the truth.

Passive Ability: Deadly Alliance
Carrot Cake was planning on running his mouth to the EDF, and that is inexcusable. You need to keep better tabs on your minions to ensure no more of them defect. To do this, you have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Stolen Strength
You have magic from earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns flowing through you. As a result, you will be lynched at L+1 until day four.

Active Ability: World's Strongest
Locked. This ability unlocks by absorbing the magic of any of the four princesses (or whoever has a princess as a safe claim). You will absorb a princess's magic any time one dies.

Unlocked. The magic of a fallen princess has given you a significant boost in power. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##OVERPOWER: Player. You will automatically perform the night kill, and you will use your supreme strength to ignore any sort of protection that player has on them. (If another member of the Deadly Alliance uses an ability that forces them to perform the night kill, only the first one submitted will be honored.)

Active Ability: Scout
Your team has a vested interest in the deaths of certain players. As a means to that end, once a night you may PM me ##SCOUT: Player. You will send out a scout to investigate that player, and they will return with that player's role name.

Farewell Ability: Absorb Magic

Farewell, Tirek. It appears that your mission was unsuccessful, but you still have a plan to get the last laugh. At any time after you are lynched, you may PM me ##DRAIN: Player, where Player was somepony on your lynch wagon. You will remove all Passive Abilities from that player. (This will not affect any QuickTopics that player is a part of.) Additionally, your demise has given the Equestrian Defense Force a huge morale boost. Your teammates will need time to plan a course of attack without you, so the next night will be skipped so they can do that.

Win Condition: Deadly Alliance makes up half or more of all living players

Safe claim:

You are Applejack, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You and your big brother McIntosh spend your days working on your family farm, taking care of Granny Smith and Apple Bloom. Even though you're more involved with the sales aspect of things, promoting the Apple brand and selling your product, that doesn't mean you don't work just as hard (if not harder) than he does, working the field and growing the crop you and all of Ponyville are quite proud of. The cider that you make from them is so popular that ponies literally line up for miles just for a taste. Rainbow Dash can't get enough of the stuff, which suits you just fine, but sometimes you wish she'd pay for it. As the Element of Honesty, you are honest to a fault and couldn't lie to save your life. This doesn't mean you're perfect, however; you've gone to some pretty impressive lengths to avoid telling the truth when it's embarrassing to you. You've been Twilight's rock in this trying time, providing an outlet for her to cry or scream or rant or whatever she needs to do to feel a little better inside. After all, nopony else out of the six of you knows what it's like to lose your parents. The two of you have grown extremely close as a result, and Minuette is starting to get a little jealous of the attention Twilight is giving you.

A lifetime of hard farm work has given you amazing strength and stamina. As a result, you will be lynched at L+1 until day four.

Active Ability: Mistress Mare-velous
As the Power Pony, Mistress Mare-velous, your powers allow you to manipulate your magic lasso. Once a night, you may PM me ##LASSO: Player. If you die tonight, the role PM of that player will be revealed publicly in the next day update. The lasso is magic, so you can be sure that the role PM revealed is true, and not a safe claim.

Farewell Ability: Safety First

You are "The Great and Powerful" Trixie Lulamoon, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

A unicorn magician and boastful showmare, you initially came to Ponyville to put on your magic show, claiming that you could best anypony in magic. While the other ponies in Ponyville were initially on your side, it didn't take long for Twilight Sparkle to prove her magic was greater, something you resented for years. Eventually you got your hooves on the Alicorn Amulet, which corrupted you and forced you to treat everypony cruelly. Since Twilight tricked you into taking it off, you've reformed yourself and even befriended Starlight Glimmer, much to Twilight's surprise. Though you've patched things up with Twilight, you're still joining the villains because you believe that this is the winning side. With all this power on your side, combined with your own tricks, you're sure that things can only go well for you.

Unwilling to risk further treason, Tirek has ordered you to report to a secret location at the end of each day. You have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Active Ability: Flash Bomb
Your magical talents focus on trickery, deception, and stagecraft; the use of flashy spells can distract the audience while the trick is performed. Once a night, you may PM me ##FLASH: Player. You will set off a flash bomb in close vicinity, blinding them and preventing them from using any Active Abilities during that night. The bright flash will also keep other players away, meaning that player will also be unable to be targeted by any Active Abilities themselves. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Alicorn Amulet
The Alicorn Amulet is a wicked accessory that corrupts the user when they wear it. It also drastically enhances magical abilities, allowing for some intense spell usage... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: You will watch over everyone who has access to your factional QuickTopic, learning the identity of everyone who visited them during this night. You will not be shown as visiting any of these players. If you do this, you must also choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 2: You will put on a show for everypony, preventing the use of all other Active Abilities.
- Ability 3: Choose 2 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Each time you use one of these abilities, you will have a unmovable vote placed on you every day for the rest of the game. These votes will be shown in vote counts as "Ability Effect", and persist even during LyLo.

Farewell Ability: Demystify

Farewell, Trixie. You put on a good show, but it ended up being your last one ever. But your last trick might just be your best one yet. The effects of each of your surviving allies' Farewell Abilities will be posted in the Deadly Alliance factional QuickTopic. If you were lynched, the Farewell Abilities of two randomly chosen EDF-aligned players who were on your lynch wagon will also be given to your team. (Your team will learn to whom the abilities belong.)

Safe claim:

You are Rarity, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A fashionista from Ponyville and Sweetie Belle's older sister. You have a love of all things beautiful and have a tendency to overreact when the situation doesn't call for it. You work as a fashion designer, owning three different stores where dresses of your own design are sold. You've even made dresses for your friends and others free of charge on numerous occasions, which is unsurprising, given your status as the Element of Generosity. Though you're a lady and expect to be treated as such, you're also proficient in close-quarters combat, having physically beaten down some of Equestria's enemies in the past... but you doubt that would work against the likes of Tirek and his ilk.

Active Ability: Radiance
As the Power Pony, Radiance, you can create energy constructs using the power of your jewelry. Surely this can be useful for keeping everypony safe? Once a night, you may PM me ##WALL: Player. You will go to their house and construct a giant wall of energy in front of their door, preventing anypony from visiting them during this night... but while nopony can get in, nopony can get out, either... Player will also be unable to use their own Active Abilities during this night. It's a small price to pay for such beautiful protection. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Inspiration Manifestation
When you were experiencing a design funk, Spike found a magic book called Inspiration Manifestation that allowed you to bring your imagination to life. Unfortunately, the book was cursed, and it literally brought your ideas to life. The end result was all manner of inappropriate creations, like turning a birdhouse into a birdmansion and changing the food at a foal's birthday party into fancy hors d'oeuvres. But now that you know the secret to escaping the book's spell, you can use it to your benefit and do some real good... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: Choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 2: You will put on a show for everypony, preventing the use of all other Active Abilities.
- Ability 3: Choose 2 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Each time you use one of these abilities, you will have a unmovable vote placed on you every day for the rest of the game. These votes will be shown in vote counts as "Ability Effect", and persist even during LyLo.

Farewell Ability: Designer Magic

You are King Sombra, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

You usurped power in the Crystal Empire and ruled over them with an iron hoof, spreading fear and hatred throughout the kingdom. Celestia and Luna succeeded in defeating you and banishing you from the kingdom, but not before you cursed the empire to vanish for a thousand years. When the curse finally ended, the kingdom was restored (and brought you along for the ride). Tirek used his magic to give you your body back, under the condition that you swear fealty to him. Of course you agreed, but that overgrown centaur is out of his mind if he thinks that you will bend your knee to anypony. The King has returned.

Unwilling to risk further treason, Tirek has ordered you to report to a secret location at the end of each day. You have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Strength Through Fear
You feed on the fear of other ponies. The crystal ponies are so afraid of you that even speaking your name fills them with dread. Excellent! This alliance has all but erased the hope of the other ponies, and it gives you great strength. As a result, you can't be lynched if all members of the Deadly Alliance are alive. If you are voted to be lynched, you will not die, and the day will end with no lynch.

Passive Ability: Smoke Form
You have the ability to turn your body into smoke, which lets you slip in and out of places undetected. As a result, you will never be seen as visiting any other player.

Active Ability: No Loose Ends
Your dark aura envelops all, clouding the vision of even the strongest unicorns. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##ENVELOP: Player. You will automatically perform the night kill, and that player's role PM will be obscured in darkness, hiding it from the town until your death. In the meantime, it will be posted in the factional QuickTopic. (If another member of the Deadly Alliance uses an ability that forces them to perform the night kill, only the first one submitted will be honored.)

Farewell Ability: Long Live the King

Farewell, Sombra. Though you've been eliminated, you are never truly gone, and everypony knows it. Your post-death presence is so powerful that you can nullify Farewell Abilities. The next two EDF-aligned players to die will not have their Farewell Abilities activate if their effects do not directly help your team. (The abilities will still be revealed. Your team will be notified if the ability works or not.)

Safe claim:

You are Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (Cadance), and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

An alicorn princess and current ruler of the Crystal Empire, you managed to restore the Crystal Heart to glory and drive the evil King Sombra from the kingdom with the help of Twilight and her friends. You and your husband, Shining Armor, recently became the parents of an alicorn baby named Flurry Heart. Perhaps unsurprisingly, with the whole debacle surrounding Tirek kidnapping the Cakes' foals, you've become a little obsessed with keeping Flurry Heart safe. If you were to lose her... you fear for whatever pony would dare threaten the heir to the Crystal Throne. The magic of an alicorn princess is not something to be trifled with.

Passive Ability: Emissary of the Crystal Empire
As a sovereign nation, it is important for the Crystal Empire to maintain good relations with Equestria. Therefore, on night zero, you will automatically send out an emissary as a show of good will. At the end of the night, they will report back with the name of a randomly chosen player who is aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force. (You will not be told their role name.)

Passive Ability: Behold! The Crystal Princess!
Loved by all your subjects, your mere presence fills the crystal ponies with hope, an invaluable asset in these trying times. As a result, the first time you are voted to be lynched, everypony will band together and save your life, unwilling to so easily lose hope. You will not die, and the day will end with no lynch.

Farewell Ability: Heart Swap

You are Discord, and you are aligned with yourself.

A draconequus and spirit of disharmony, you were initially Equestria's ruler, plunging the land into chaos before Celestia and Luna imprisoned you in stone with the Elements of Harmony. Once you were freed, you went right back to causing chaos, but Twilight and her friends imprisoned you in stone again, using the Elements. Later, Celestia had Twilight and her friends intentionally set you free, with the idea that you could be reformed and your chaotic magic used for the forces of good. Fluttershy was the only one willing to give you a chance, and you took advantage of her kindness before realizing she truly saw you as a friend and you reformed for good. The two of you remain very close friends. In this conflict, you're not picking a side. What kind of spirit of chaos would you be if you did that? No, it's time to have some fun and start trolling. No one is safe!

Active Ability: Gladiator
Once a game within the first half of any day, you may post in thread ##CHALLENGE: Player. All votes will be reset, and votes will now only be able to be cast for you and Player for the rest of the day.

Active Ability: Mark
You wield chaotic magic, creating things like chocolate rain and flying pigs, or stairs that lead nowhere. Now you can use this magic to really get into others' heads. Once a night, you may PM me ##MARK: Player with [mark]. That player will wake up the next day to find himself marked in the way you describe. This mark has no effect, but everyone will sure think it does! The mark can be just about anything you think of, so get creative! (You can use this on night zero.)

Active Ability: Storm of Chaos
You are the spirit of chaos. It's no fun when things go exactly as planned. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##RANDOMIZE. The targets of all Active Abilities, including the night kill, will be randomly assigned. (The night kill cannot be redirected to another member of the Deadly Alliance in this way.) You can't use this ability the same night you use Secrets Revealed or Hurry It Up.

Active Ability: Secrets Revealed
Both factions have reasons for keeping their dealings during the night a secret, but it would certainly be something if all of those secrets came to light. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##NO SECRETS. The following day, the names of every player that used an Active Ability, and who they targeted with it, will be displayed publicly. (The night kill will not be included in this report.) You can't use this ability the same night you use Storm of Chaos or Hurry It Up. This ability locks on day four.

Active Ability: Hurry It Up
You wish that everyone would just hurry up and be done with this conflict already. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##HURRY UP. The next day, you will generously mess with space-time and allow the day to continue until two players are lynched, regardless of how long it takes. Once the first player is lynched, all votes will be reset and the same day will continue until a second player has been lynched. (This will still happen if you are lynched first.) Since you will be busy messing with space-time while this is going on, there is a 50% chance you will not be lynched if you are voted to be lynched on either day. In that case, that particular day will end with no lynch. You can't use this ability the same night you use Storm of Chaos or Secrets Revealed.

Farewell Ability: Secret Friendship

Farewell, Discord. The truth is, you still put out a duplicate to be sacrificed, so you're completely fine... but you've decided to hang back and just watch things unfold now. Your last attempt at messing with these ponies is sure to annoy them, though; all votes will be made in secret during the next day. (Any publicly made votes won't count.) Furthermore, each player is only limited to voting a maximum of five times, and vote counts will only include the name of whoever is currently in the lead, and how close they are to being lynched. (At the end of the day, this effect ends, and everyone's actual votes will be shown in the final vote count.)

Farewell Ability: Ending Shoot

Did you know that "ending shoot" is an anagram for "does nothing"? Anyway, this ability does nothing. You didn't think you were immune to being trolled, did you? When I said no one was safe, I meant it. Hope this didn't get you killed.

Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game

Then, the original list, including the ones that were deleted. It's worth looking over, there are some fun ones in there. Some of the names are different, some effects are too.

You are Princess Twilight Sparkle, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

After accidentally impressing the princess at your entrance exam into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, she took you under her wing as her personal protege and guided your magic development into adulthood. Though you have been an extremely talented sorceress from a young age, you only bothered making a few friends, preferring the comfort of books to interaction with ponies of the non-Celestia variety. You and your assistant Spike were originally sent to the small town of Ponyville to oversee preparations for the Summer Sun Celebration, a celebration of Princess Celestia's banishment of Nightmare Moon, and also tasked with making some new friends. To make a very long story short, you eventually became an alicorn and received the title of Princess of Friendship. The murder of your parents was the catalyst you needed to gather what's left of your friends and take a final stand against Tirek. You are the face of the resistance, and it is critical that you see this conflict through to the end. Whatever you do, don't die. Everypony is counting on you.

Active Ability: Spike Spirit Link
Spike has stood by your side for his entire life, and you know he would never betray you. Indeed, he is aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force, and he knows you are, too. Having a link with him during battle would be tremendously useful. Once a night, you may PM me ##SEARCH: Player. If that player is Spike, the two of you will gain a QuickTopic to discuss the game at any time. This ability locks when you find Spike, or Spike dies. (You can use this on night zero.)

Active Ability: Second Chance
As head of the EDF, you have temporarily supplanted Celestia and Luna as the highest authority in the land. As a result, you hold sway over who lives and who dies. As often as you like during the day, you may PM me ##PARDON: Player. If the last player you chose is voted to be lynched, they will not be lynched. The player will not die, and the day will end without a lynch. This ability locks when you have successfully used this ability or the game reaches LyLo, whichever happens first.

Farewell Ability: Morale Boost

Farewell, Twilight Sparkle. It appears your fight is over now. Can your friends carry on in your stead, or will they slowly crumble without your leadership? Minuette has her work cut out for her... Your death has given the Deadly Alliance an enormous morale boost, and they feel like victory is within reach. They will be permitted to make two kills during the next night.

You are Spike, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A baby dragon and Twilight's lifelong assistant, you were sent with her to Ponyville and acted as a liaison between her and Princess Celestia, using your magical fire breath to send and receive letters between the two. Unlike other dragons, you're fun and playful, a byproduct of being raised by ponies, though you still have your manly pride as a dragon. Over the years, you've remained by Twilight's side as her life has slowly become more complex as the Princess of Friendship, and you're no stranger to saving the day yourself - you are hailed as hero in the Crystal Empire. You know Twilight is taking the Cakes' deaths pretty hard, almost as hard as Pinkie, but you will stand by her in this conflict as the one pony - er, dragon - that she knows she can trust completely.

Passive Ability: Talented
You've shown yourself to be quite talented in many different areas, including announcing, playing musical instruments, singing, and cooking. This ability to do just about anything is going to prove quite helpful in this conflict. If anypony was lynched during the previous day and they have any unlocked Active Abilities, you may be able to use one them as your own for that night only. (You may only be able to use lesser versions of some abilities.)

Active Ability: Twilight Sparkle Spirit Link
Being betrayed by two ponies close to her has caused Twilight to cast doubt on everything her friends tell her, but she knows you and you alone are truly on her side. She knows you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force, and you know she is, too. Having a link with her during battle would be tremendously useful. Once a night, you may PM me ##SEARCH: Player. If that player is Twilight, the two of you will gain a QuickTopic to discuss the game at any time. This ability locks when you find Twilight, or Twilight dies. (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Number One Assistant

Farewell, Spike. You've served Twilight faithfully until the very end; she will be deathproof for the next phase. (A phase is one day/night cycle.)

You are Princess Celestia, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You are one of the two god-princesses of Equestria along with your younger sister, Luna. After you both overthrew Discord as ruler of Equestria, the two of you ruled together, with you raising the sun and overseeing the day, and her raising the moon and overseeing the night. This continued until Luna's bitterness turned her into the evil Nightmare Moon, and you banished her to the moon for a thousand years. With the help of Twilight Sparkle and her Ponyville friends, Luna was restored to her original self, and has since resumed her duties as Princess of the Night. As Twilight's mentor and teacher, you've helped Twilight understand the magic of friendship and transformed Twilight into an alicorn once you believed she'd truly mastered the art. After Twilight's parents were killed, you and Luna helped Twilight form the Equestrian Defense Force to stomp out Tirek once and for all.

Passive Ability: Bright Shield
Locked. This ability unlocks if Shining Armor (or whoever has Shining Armor has a safe claim) dies before you do.

Unlocked. Losing Shining Armor was a terrible loss not only for you personally, but for all of Equestria. You will honor his memory by doing what little you can to protect these ponies. All kills will fail until the end of the next day.

Active Ability: War Orders
Equestria hasn't seen war for nearly a thousand years, but that doesn't mean you've forgotten what it's like to have ponies under your command in wartime. Once a night, you may PM me ##DECREE: Player1 to Player2. If the first player uses an ability that targets another player, they will be forced to target the second player instead. (If tracked, you will only be shown to have visited the first player.)

Farewell Ability: Solar Eclipse

Farewell, Celestia. The evil aura weakened you to the point where you were able to be slain, which has terrible consequences for the forces of good. The next day will last only 48 hours instead of 96 hours. Additionally, lynches during this day require a supermajority of 67% (rounded up) instead of a simple majority. If this threshold is not met, there will be no lynch.

You are Princess Luna, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You are one of the two god-princesses of Equestria along with your older sister, Celestia. After you both overthrew Discord as ruler of Equestria, the two of you ruled together, with her raising the sun and overseeing the day, and you raising the moon and overseeing the night. You noticed that ponies always slept through the beautiful night you created while frolicking in Celestia's day, and this made you bitter and jealous, resulting in your transformation into Nightmare Moon. After a thousand-year banishment to the moon, you were finally freed and restored by Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and for this you are eternally grateful. Since then, you've assisted Twilight in matters of being a princess, as well as appeared to other ponies to help them with their problems, especially problems involving their fears. Twilight has been suffering from terrible nightmares since the death of her parents, and you've made it your job to save her from them the same way she and her friends saved you from yours.

Passive Ability: Princess of the Night
Night time is your playground. Under normal circumstances, you could effortlessly watch over everypony and make sure no harm came to them, but the aura of evil given off by Tirek and his crew has hampered your magic to the point where this is not possible. Fortunately, you can still take care of yourself. You will automatically learn the names of anyone who visits you during any night.

Active Ability: Astral Projection
One of your unique abilities is to manipulate dreams - you can see them, project yourself into them, even reshape them entirely. You can use this ability to watch over somepony and keep them safe. Once during any night where you do not have a Chosen, you may PM me ##PROTECT: Player. If successful, you will make that player your Chosen. Every night (including this one), you will visit your Chosen in their dreams, making sure they sleep peacefully. This protection extends to the waking world as well; any kills that resolve on your Chosen will fail as long as you are alive. When your Chosen dies, you can ##PROTECT another player. (This ability will not save that player from being lynched.) (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Fountain of Dreams

Farewell, Luna. You've been weakened to the point of normal mortality, and now you are dead. You still have enough power leftover to make one last foray into the world of dreams. At any time before the next night ends, you may PM me ##DREAM: Player. You will send that player a dream about three randomly chosen other players, at least one of which is aligned with the Deadly Alliance; however, if the player you choose is visited by anyone else during that night, they will not receive your dream.

You are Derpy, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

As one of the dozens of nameless background ponies (though background ponies don't stay nameless for long, a fact you are well aware of), your claim to fame is your permanently cross-eyed expression, an animation error that was never supposed to see the light of day. Since then, you've gained a massive fan following, even causing controversy the one time you were allowed to speak. You're a bit of a klutz, but you mean well, and the other ponies don't hold your screwups against you. You're actually a very accomplished flier despite the whole eye thing. I guess you're just used to it by now...

Passive Ability: 96
Every day, your vote weight will either be 0, 1, or 2, assigned randomly. You're not sure why this is, but you're just glad to help out in any way you can. This ability locks when the game reaches LyLo.

Active Ability: Mail Delivery
One of your jobs is as a delivery mare, which includes Ponyville's mail. Even during this conflict, the mail must be delivered. Once a night, you may PM me ##MAIL: Player. That player will be told that a box has been left outside their door, and they wil have the option to open it. Opening the box has one of seven random effects. The chances of each effect happening are not equal. Once a player opens the box, you will learn what effect occurred. This will not have any bearing on the chances of the effect appearing in subsequent boxes. If a player fails to answer before the deadline, they will not open the box. Some effects won't work if the next day is LyLo.

Farewell Ability: I Just Don't Know What Went Wrong

Farewell, Derpy. You tried your best, but you still became a casualty of this terrible war. Your final gift to this world is a helpful one: you've somehow managed to temporarily short-circuit the Deadly Alliance's Farewell Abilities. If any members of the Deadly Alliance die during the next phase, their Farewell Ability will not activate. (It will still be revealed.) A phase is one day/night cycle.

Muffin ratios:

40% nothing / 10% L-2 / 10% L+2 / 10% track / 10% watch / 10% seer / 10% kill

You are Fluttershy, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A shy pegasus from Cloudsdale and Rainbow Dash's best friend, an accident during a race led you to discovering your ability to communicate with animals, and thus, your cutie mark. As the Element of Kindness, you're known for solving problems by panicking diplomacy and showing others kindness, even though they may not deserve it, to animals all across the land (except dragons - those are scary). Some of your other talents include sewing, conducting a bird choir, and being jaw-droppingly beautiful, so much so that you even did a brief stint as a supermodel. Rarity is insanely jealous of how you manage to look so good without trying. You're also kind of a doormat, preferring not to start conflicts with other ponies, but... everypony has their limits - including somepony as meek and timid as you.

Active Ability: Panic
When the going gets tough, the tough get going! And you get going, all right, right out of your house and to someone else's to hide. Once a night, you may PM me ##HIDE BEHIND: Player. You will spend the night hiding behind that player, protecting yourself from any kills that resolve on you; however, if one resolves on the player you use this ability on, you will also die.

Farewell Ability: Saddle Rager

Farewell, Fluttershy. How could anypony be horrible enough to kill you? As the Power Pony, Saddle Rager, your powers come from getting angry, something that you don't like doing, but you'll do it if you're pushed to the limit. If you were killed as a result of using Panic, there is a 50% chance you will explode with anger, killing your attacker in a needlessly violent fury. If you were lynched, there is a 25% chance you will turn your rage upon whoever hammered you if they're town and 50% if they're not. Being a hulking monstrosity, you can be sure that you can crush your way through any protection your target has on them.

You are Rainbow Dash, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A brash pegasus from Cloudsdale, and Fluttershy's best friend. When you were a filly, you flew so fast that you broke the sound barrier in a phenomenon called a sonic rainboom, which ultimately led to you and all your friends getting their cutie marks. Your lifelong dream has been to join the Wonderbolts, an elite flying team, a dream which you finally realized after years of hard work. You have a highly competitive side, and you and Applejack have competed in various feats of strength and prowess for nothing more than bragging rights. In more serious situations, your desire to win can cause you to question yourself when put in morally compromising situations, but as the embodiment of the Element of Loyalty, you always end up back on the straight and narrow. No matter what riches or prestige would be showered on you, you would never abandon your friends to get it. I mean, Twilight's pretty shook up, you get it, but all those years of loyalty don't mean anything? Really?

Passive Ability: Too Fast
You are the only pegasus to perform a sonic rainboom in recent history, so it's no exaggeration to say you are the fastest flier in Equestria. If Tirek and his goons want to kill you, they'll have to catch you first. There's no chance of that happening, so if you're ever voted to be lynched, you will not die and the day will end with no lynch.

Passive Ability: Proud
You exude coolness, but you're a bit too proud for your own good, and you refuse to accept something as lame as protection from other ponies for fear of looking weak. Active Abilities that prevent players from dying will fail when used on you.

Active Ability: Reconnaissance
One of your favorite things to do (besides telling everypony how awesome you are) is pranking ponies. A fair bit of stealth is required to pull some of these off, and you'll be using that to your advantage here. Once a night, you may PM me ##TRACK: Player. You will follow that player around tonight, learning who, if anypony, they visited.

Farewell Ability: Fierce Competitor

Farewell, Rainbow Dash. Nopony (except maybe Applejack) is quite as competitive as you, and your unwillingness to lose is so strong that it gives you limited powers after death. You can participate in any future Friendship Activities. If you win them, you can choose to keep the reward, effectively removing it from the game, or pass it to any player you wish. (You have 12 hours from the activity's conclusion to decide.)

You are "Big" McIntosh, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

latest

Alongside your little sister Applejack, your days are spent working on your family farm and caring for little Apple Bloom and your old Granny Smith. As a young colt, you were quite the chatterbox, but you've learned in later years to talk less and listen more, allowing you to convey most of your feelings with a simple "eeeyup" or "nnnope." This has resulted in some ponies thinking you're somewhat dumb, but this couldn't be further from the truth. You care greatly for your family and do a fine job working the farm and raising your sisters in the absence of your parents, who died a long time ago. You feel for Twilight, having lost her own folks. Anypony asks you, both of them Cakes got what they deserved. Traitors deserve no mercy.

Active Ability: Strong Work Ethic
You have an admirable work ethic, and that's something that can be lacking in other ponies when things seem bleak. Fortunately, you're here to fix that. Once a night, you may PM me ##INSPIRE: Player. You will instill your strong work ethic in that player, allowing them to experience some sort of buff to their role during the next night. Not everypony needs inspiration, though, so some players will not get the benefits of this ability. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights. (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: MaxIntosh

Farewell, McIntosh. The last player you used Strong Work Ethic on will have their abilities buffed for the rest of the game. Additionally, the Deadly Alliance has tapped into your massive strength. Their kill tonight will bypass any protection present on a player.

You are the Cutie Mark Crusaders, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are a club founded by Rarity's little sister Sweetie Belle, Applejack's little sister Apple Bloom, and their classmate, Scootaloo, out of frustration over not having your cutie marks - a symbol of a pony's calling in life. Apple Bloom's cousin Babs Seed was eventually inducted as the fourth member of the club. In an ironic twist, the three of you eventually earned your cutie marks after realizing that helping others discover their own calling was more important than finding your own. Since then, your club has been focused on helping other ponies get their cutie marks, with many success stories to your credit. The three of you tried many different activities in your quest for your cutie marks, and while none of them resulted in a cutie mark, some of them were pretty promising. In this conflict, you're finding it very difficult to get out and help since the adults won't let you out of their sight... but everypony has to sleep sometime, right?

Active Ability: Hitpony
Babs was bullied in her hometown of Manehattan, and she's no stranger to bullying others in an attempt to fit in and avoid ridicule. She's taking it to the extreme in this conflict. Once a night, you may PM me ##KILL: Player, where Player is somepony who has voted for you at any point during the game. Babs will visit that player and kill them. You can't use this ability the same night you use Singer, Motivational Speaker, or Journalist. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Singer
Scootaloo can't sing, but that doesn't stop her from singing her heart out anyway. Time to use it to your advantage! Once a night, you may PM me ##SERENADE: Player. Scootaloo will visit that player and sing to them, badly. They won't have the heart to shoo her away, and they will be stuck at home for the night, preventing the use of any Active Abilities. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Motivational Speaker, or Journalist. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Motivational Speaker
Apple Bloom is a hard worker, and her positive attitude is infectious, even with danger on all sides. Once a night, you may PM me ##MOTIVATE: Player. Apple Bloom visit that player and give them a pep talk, increasing their vote weight by 1 the next day, but since you stayed and chatted too long, they didn't get enough sleep, so they will be lynched at L-1 as well. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Singer, or Journalist. If the following day is LyLo, this ability's effects are nullified. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Active Ability: Journalist
Sweetie Belle came up with the idea to become journalists for the school paper, which was a good idea that backfired once the gossip column you three created became libelous. The three of you retired following that, but the ability to learn information has stayed with you. Once a night, you may PM me ##INVESTIGATE: Player. Sweetie Belle will go visit that player, and return with their role PM; however, despite your snooping prowess, you're still just a little filly. You don't have the experience to realize when somepony is lying to you, so you won't be able to tell if the role PM you receive is a safe claim or not. You can't use this ability the same night you use Hitpony, Singer, or Motivational Speaker. This ability locks when you successfully use it.

Farewell Ability: Cutie Mark Crusaders Overload

Farewell, Cutie Mark Crusaders. You tried to help, but you got in over your heads, and now you've all met a terrible fate. But you won't let your talents go to waste! You can use as many of your unlocked abilities as you like during the next night. Neither your usage of these abilities nor your targets can be tampered with by any player. You will not be shown as visiting any of your targets. Journalist results will be sent to both you and Twilight Sparkle, if that player is still alive.

You are Flurry Heart, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You are the firstborn daughter of Princess Cadance and Shining Armor - the first-ever natural-born alicorn. Even as a baby, your abilities have had profound effects - your scream shattered the Crystal Heart, the source of the Crystal Empire's protection, in a disaster that was averted with some quick thinking. Unfortunately, since you're a baby, you don't have the ability to directly support the others with your magic, but there may be another way you can help the good guys win.

Active Ability: Innocent Child
You are a baby, free of sin, and no one wants to harm a baby (or do they?). At any point during any day you may PM me ##REVEAL. Your role PM will be posted publicly.

Farewell Ability: Mother's Love

Farewell, Flurry Heart. Your Farewell Ability is special, just like you. The details of this ability will be sent to you privately.

You are dead, and everyone, even your traitorous mother, mourns you. The player who has Princess Cadance as a safe claim is actually King Sombra of the Deadly Alliance, and they have unlocked a dangerous ability now that you are dead. But even though your mother is a spy working for evil, she still loves you, and that love might be enough to save somepony's life. When you unlock this ability, you will be told the names of every living player who is aligned with the Deadly Alliance. Once a night, you may PM me ##SAVE: Player, where Player is someone not aligned with the Deadly Alliance. If King Sombra tries to kill that player using their ability activation phrase ##RAGE, the ability will fail.

You are Starlight Glimmer, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

The former leader of Our Town, you were one of many who threatened Equestria before Twilight and her friends put a stop to it. Instead of destroying you with the Elements of Harmony, however, Twilight forgave you and you became her pupil instead, learning how to be a better friend. As a natural leader, you led Discord, Trixie, and Thorax into battle against Queen Chrysalis and her changelings, and accompanied Twilight to convince Stygian, the Pony of Shadows and latest threat to Equestrian harmony, to accept friendship and reform himself, proving that Star Swirl the Bearded's mantra of "once a villain, always a villain" is far from the truth.

Active Ability: Time Twist
As a final attempt at defeating Twilight, you used a spell to go back in time to stop Rainbow Dash from performing her sonic rainboom, which was the catalyst which brought Twilight and her friends together to defeat you in the first place. Now that you're on the side of good, you can use this spell to see things normally available only after death. Once a night, you may PM me ##FORESEE: Player. You will travel to an alternate Equestria where that player has died, learn what their Farewell Ability does, and return. The spell is unstable, and you have to be careful not to affect this timeline, so you won't have enough time to discern whether or not the Farewell Ability you learn about is true, or just that of a safe claim. (You can use this ability on yourself.) (You can use this on night zero.)

Active Ability: Hoof of Guidance
You are a skilled sorceress. Not anywhere near as strong as Twilight, but talented as far as unicorns go. To prove this, once a night, you may PM me ##GUIDE: Player. Any Active Abilities that player uses will be guaranteed to reach their original targets, free from influence from other players. To further prove your skill, this ability is also exempt from any attempts at redirection (but its usage can still be blocked - guess you're not as strong as you thought).

Farewell Ability: The Blank Game

Farewell, Starlight Glimmer. Perhaps you were an unlucky victim of circumstance. Maybe everypony thought you were a villain after all. Whatever the case, you can be sure that somepony is going to pay. During your time as a villain, you used an item you called the Staff of Sameness to replace the cutie marks of everyone in Our Town with an equals sign, making everyone the same and fostering "true" friendship since nopony is more or less talented than anypony else. The staff was later revealed to be a simple piece of wood, but the magic behind it - your own magic - was very real. You will erase all Passive and Active Abilities of whoever is responsible for your death. (If you are lynched, this will be whoever hammers you.) In addition to this, they will lose the ability to post in any QuickTopics they previously had access to, join any new QuickTopics, or participate in future Friendship Activities.

You are Prince Shining Armor, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

Twilight's older brother. You married Twilight's foalsitter, Princess Cadance, and took on the title of Prince as result. Recently, you've become a father, and little Flurry Heart has proven to be quite the handful. During the day, you are captain of the Canterlot Royal Guard, a position you take very, very seriously. The three most important mares in your life are your princess, your daughter, and your wife, in that order. It is your sworn duty to protect Princess Celestia, and you will do everything in your power to see that no harm comes to her, even if it means your life.

Passive Ability: Brave
You are a brave knight in Celestia's service, protecting her while forgoing protection yourself. Active Abilities that prevent players from dying will fail when used on you.

Passive Ability: Captain of the Royal Guard
Your job is to protect Princess Celestia; you will not fail at this task, no matter what. Any time any player uses an Active Ability that resolves on Princess Celestia (or whoever has Princess Celestia as a safe claim), you will be alerted. You must decide whether to allow that ability to go through. If you do, then it will. If you do not, you will redirect it to yourself.

Farewell Ability: O Captain, My Captain

Farewell, Shining Armor. You served dutifully and will receive a hero's funeral. But before you go, you'll be giving orders to your troops one last time. On the next night, you will receive a list of 3 randomly chosen Active Abilities from all living players, one taken from three different players. You will not be told to whom the abilities belong. During this night, you have complete control over how these abilities are used, overriding any choices made by their owners. You are also free to take no action for any of the three abilities - doing so will allow a player to use it without interference from you. (A player can be targeted with his own Active Ability, even if the ability itself does not allow self-targeting.)

You are Pinkamena Diane "Pinkie" Pie, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

As the Element of Laughter, you've made it your life's mission to see everypony smiling. Whether it's throwing a party for literally any occasion or singing a song to bring everyone together, you're not happy until there's a smile on every face. You've also got a love of pranks, something that has made Rainbow Dash into one of your closest friends out of the six of you. Of course, everypony has their demons, and yours is insecurity. Your mood shifts are extreme; when you're happy, you're ecstatic, but when you get depressed, things can get very, very bad. Losing the Cakes devastated you - they were family, spies or no, and you're not sure how much more anguish your heart can take.

Passive Ability: Cupcakes
You're trying very hard to keep a smile on your face, but constantly losing your friends can push you past the breaking point. Once during the game after three consecutive mislynches, you will immediately head into the Deadly Alliance camp and kill one of them, chosen at random. For the purposes of this ability, a mislynch is defined as any time the day ends with a player aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force being lynched. This ability won't activate if doing so would end the game.

Passive Ability: Fili-Second
As the Power Pony, Fili-Second, you have super speed! As a result, you can avoid just about everything. All non-lethal Active Abilities have no effect on you. (This has no effect on any Passive Abilities that are already affecting you.)

Active Ability: Just a Game
There have been numerous occasions where you break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience. As such, you are aware that this is just a game, none of this is real, and that your friends aren't really in any danger. But it's fun to play along! Once a night, you may ask me a question about the game's setup. You may not ask any questions involving a specific player's role name or alignment, and I reserve the right not to answer any question for any reason. If your question is unacceptable, you may ask another one, time permitting. If your second question is unacceptable, you will be instantly killed. Haha, just kidding! Or am I? Sometimes I can't even tell! (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Pinkie's Present

Farewell, Pinkie Pie. Hopefully you didn't die too early, and you got some good questions in. Since you know that this is a game, you can use your fourth-wall-breaking powers to give your abilities away! You can give away Fili-Second and Just a Game. You cannot give both abilities to the same player. If you don't choose within 12 hours, they'll be given out randomly.

You are Lord Tirek, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

You escaped from Tartarus once; escaping it again was only a matter of time. Stealing the magic from the dozens of lesser ponies who dared to stand in your path have given you enough strength to assume this form. Now that you have allies with you, you will surely have your revenge against the worthless pony princess who cheated by absorbing the power of the other princesses. The evil energy offered by joining forces with your allies has been a stifling curtain that has allowed you to keep the princesses of Equestria under your thumb. Despite this, Princess Twilight has declared war, and she's out for your blood. As your two forces clash day after day, you can't help but laugh at the sheer amount of ponies on her side who have secretly sworn allegiance to you. The pathetic child has absolutely no clue. It would break her if she knew the truth.

Carrot Cake was planning on running his mouth to the EDF, and that is inexcusable. You need to keep better tabs on your minions to ensure no more of them defect. To do this, you have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.

Passive Ability: Stolen Strength
You have magic from earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorns flowing through you. As a result, you will be lynched at L+1 until day four.

Active Ability: World's Strongest
Locked. This ability unlocks by absorbing the magic of any of the four princesses (or whoever has a princess as a safe claim). You will absorb a princess's magic any time one dies. This ability also unlocks on day four if it hasn't been unlocked by then.

Unlocked. The magic of a fallen princess has given you a significant boost in power. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##OVERPOWER: Player. You will automatically perform the night kill, and you will use your supreme strength to ignore any sort of protection that player has on them. (If another member of the Deadly Alliance uses an ability that forces them to perform the night kill, only the first one submitted will be honored.)

Active Ability: Magic Greed
The feeling you get from absorbing magic from multiple ponies at once is a far greater rush than simply feasting on a single pony each night. Once a night, you may PM me ##BIDE. If you do, the Deadly Alliance will forfeit its factional kill tonight and instead your team will store one point. Additionally, on any night where the Deadly Alliance has any points stored, you may PM me ##RELEASE to cash in your points. For every point you have stored, your team will be able to make one additional kill during that night. You can't ##BIDE the same night you ##RELEASE. (You will need to submit a teammate to perform each kill.) If you die, all stored points are lost.

Active Ability: Scout
Your team has a vested interest in the deaths of certain players. As a means to that end, once on every odd-numbered night you may PM me ##SCOUT: Player. You will send out a scout to investigate that player, and they will return with that character's role name.

Farewell Ability: Absorb Magic

Farewell, Tirek. It appears that your mission was unsuccessful, but you still have a plan to get the last laugh. At any time after you are lynched, you may PM me ##DRAIN: Player, where Player was somepony on your lynch wagon. You will permanently remove any Passive Abilities they have, and any Active Abilities they try to use during the next night will fail. (This Ability does not affect any QuickTopics that player is a part of.) Additionally, your demise has given the Equestrian Defense Force a huge morale boost. Your teammates will need time to plan a course of attack without you, so they will forfeit the night kill in order to do this.

Safe claim:

You are Applejack, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

You and your big brother McIntosh spend your days working on your family farm, taking care of Granny Smith and Apple Bloom. Even though you're more involved with the sales aspect of things, promoting the Apple brand and selling your product, that doesn't mean you don't work just as hard (if not harder) than he does, working the field and growing the crop you and all of Ponyville are quite proud of. The cider that you make from them is so popular that ponies literally line up for miles just for a taste. Rainbow Dash can't get enough of the stuff, which suits you just fine, but sometimes you wish she'd pay for it. As the Element of Honesty, you are honest to a fault and couldn't lie to save your life. This doesn't mean you're perfect, however; you've gone to some pretty impressive lengths to avoid telling the truth when it's embarrassing to you. You've been Twilight's rock in this trying time, providing an outlet for her to cry or scream or rant or whatever she needs to do to feel a little better inside. After all, nopony else out of the six of you knows what it's like to lose your parents.

Active Ability: Mistress Mare-velous
As the Power Pony, Mistress Mare-velous, your powers allow you to manipulate your magic lasso. Once a night, you may PM me ##LASSO: Player. If you die tonight, the role PM of that player will be revealed publicly in the next day update. The lasso is magic, so you can be sure that the role PM revealed is true, and not a safe claim.

Farewell Ability: Safety First

You are "The Great and Powerful" Trixie Lulamoon, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

A unicorn magician and boastful showmare, you initially came to Ponyville to put on your magic show, claiming that you could best anypony in magic. While the other ponies in Ponyville were initially on your side, it didn't take long for Twilight Sparkle to prove her magic was greater, something you resented for years. Eventually you got your hooves on the Alicorn Amulet, which corrupted you and forced you to treat everypony cruelly. Since Twilight tricked you into taking it off, you've reformed yourself and even befriended Starlight Glimmer, much to Twilight's surprise. Though you've patched things up with Twilight, you're still joining the villains because you believe that this is the winning side. With all this power on your side, combined with your own tricks, you're sure that things can only go well for you.

Passive Ability: Encore
A true showmare knows when the crowd wants more, and you have no problems with giving it to them unless there's a clear majority saying otherwise. Therefore, if you are voted to be lynched but your wagon does not reach majority, you will not die and the day will end without a lynch.

Active Ability: Flash Bomb
Your magical talents focus on trickery, deception, and stagecraft; the use of flashy spells can distract the audience while the trick is performed. Once a night, you may PM me ##FLASH: Player. You will set off a flash bomb in close vicinity, blinding them and preventing them from using any Active Abilities during that night. The bright flash will also keep other players away, meaning that player will also be unable to be targeted by any Active Abilities themselves. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Alicorn Amulet
The Alicorn Amulet is a wicked accessory that corrupts the user when they wear it. It also drastically enhances magical abilities, allowing for some intense spell usage... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: You will watch over everyone who has access to your factional QuickTopic, learning the identity of everyone who visited them during this night. You will not be shown as visiting any of these players. If you do this, you must also choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 3: Choose 3 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Farewell Ability: Demystify

Farewell, Trixie. You put on a good show, but it ended up being your last one ever. But your last trick might just be your best one yet. The effects of each of your surviving allies' Farewell Abilities will be posted in the Deadly Alliance factional QuickTopic. If you were lynched, the Farewell Abilities of two randomly chosen EDF-aligned players who were on your lynch wagon will also be given to your team.

Safe claim:

You are Rarity, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A fashionista from Ponyville and Sweetie Belle's older sister. You have a love of all things beautiful and have a tendency to overreact when the situation doesn't call for it. You work as a fashion designer, owning three different stores where dresses of your own design are sold. You've even made dresses for your friends and others free of charge on numerous occasions, which is unsurprising, given your status as the Element of Generosity. Though you're a lady and expect to be treated as such, you're also proficient in close-quarters combat, having physically beaten down some of Equestria's enemies in the past... but you doubt that would work against the likes of Tirek and his ilk.

Passive Ability: Fabulous
The idea that anypony could possibly want to lynch somepony as fabulous as you is simply offensive, and you will not submit unless it is crystal clear that your lynch is what everypony wants. Therefore, if you are voted to be lynched but your wagon does not reach majority, you will not die and the day will end without a lynch.

Active Ability: Radiance
As the Power Pony, Radiance, you can create energy constructs using the power of your jewelry. Surely this can be useful for keeping everypony safe? Once a night, you may PM me ##WALL: Player. You will go to their house and construct a giant wall of energy in front of their door, preventing anypony from visiting them during this night... but while nopony can get in, nopony can get out, either... Player will also be unable to use their own Active Abilities during this night. It's a small price to pay for such beautiful protection. You can't use this on the same player during consecutive nights.

Active Ability: Inspiration Manifestation
When you were experiencing a design funk, Spike found a magic book called Inspiration Manifestation that allowed you to bring your imagination to life. Unfortunately, the book was cursed, and it literally brought your ideas to life. The end result was all manner of inappropriate creations, like turning a birdhouse into a birdmansion and changing the food at a foal's birthday party into fancy hors d'oeuvres. But now that you know the secret to escaping the book's spell, you can use it to your benefit and do some real good... but at a cost. Once a night, up to three times per game, you may PM me ##MANIFEST: Ability, and one of the following three abilities:

- Ability 1: Choose a player. That player will be completely deathproof for the next phase. A phase is one day/night cycle. (Protection begins tonight.) You can't use this ability on the same player on consecutive nights.
- Ability 3: Choose 3 players. Those players will experience some sort of buff to their roles during the next night. Not all players can receive the benefits of this ability.

Farewell Ability: Designer Magic

You are King Sombra, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

You usurped power in the Crystal Empire and ruled over them with an iron hoof, spreading fear and hatred throughout the kingdom. Celestia and Luna succeeded in defeating you and banishing you from the kingdom, but not before you cursed the empire to vanish for a thousand years. When the curse finally ended, the kingdom was restored (and brought you along for the ride). Tirek used his magic to give you your body back, under the condition that you swear fealty to him. Of course you agreed, but that overgrown centaur is out of his mind if he thinks that you will bend your knee to anypony. The King has returned.

Passive Ability: Strength Through Fear
You feed on the fear of other ponies. The crystal ponies are so afraid of you that even speaking your name fills them with dread. Excellent! This alliance has all but erased the hope of the other ponies, and it gives you great strength. As a result, you can't be lynched if all members of the Deadly Alliance are alive. If you are voted to be lynched, you will not die, and the day will end with no lynch.

Passive Ability: Smoke Form
You have the ability to turn your body into smoke, which lets you slip in and out of places undetected. As a result, anypony attempting to track or watch you will receive No Result.

Active Ability: Crystal Hunger
Locked. This ability unlocks if Flurry Heart (or whoever has Flurry Heart as a safe claim) dies before you do.

Unlocked. The death of Flurry Heart has filled everypony with dread, giving you the power to strike back hard. Once during any day, you may post in the game thread ##RAGE: Player, where Player is anypony who has reached at least half the required votes to lynch (rounded up). You will try to kill them. If you are successful, the day will end without a lynch.

Active Ability: No Loose Ends
Your dark aura envelops all, clouding the vision of even the strongest unicorns. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##ENVELOP: Player. You will automatically perform the night kill, and that player's role PM will be obscured in darkness, hiding it from the town until your death. In the meantime, it will be posted in the factional QuickTopic. (If another member of the Deadly Alliance uses an ability that forces them to perform the night kill, only the first one submitted will be honored.)

Farewell Ability: Long Live the King

Farewell, Sombra. Though you've been eliminated, you are never truly gone, and everypony knows it. Your post-death presence is so powerful that you can nullify Farewell Abilities. The next two EDF-aligned players to die will not have their Farewell Abilities activate if their effects do not directly help your team. (The abilities will still be revealed. Your team will be notified if the ability works or not.)

Safe claim:

You are Princess Mi Amore Cadenza (Cadance), and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

An alicorn princess and current ruler of the Crystal Empire, you managed to restore the Crystal Heart to glory and drive the evil King Sombra from the kingdom with the help of Twilight and her friends. You and your husband, Shining Armor, recently became the parents of an alicorn baby named Flurry Heart. Perhaps unsurprisingly, with the whole debacle surrounding Tirek kidnapping the Cakes' foals, you've become a little obsessed with keeping Flurry Heart safe. If you were to lose her... you fear for whatever pony would dare threaten the heir to the Crystal Throne. The magic of an alicorn princess is not something to be trifled with.

Passive Ability: Behold! The Crystal Princess!
Loved by all your subjects, your mere presence fills the crystal ponies with hope, an invaluable asset in these trying times. As a result, the first time you are voted to be lynched, everypony will change their minds, unwilling to so easily lose hope. You will not die, and the day will end with no lynch.

Active Ability: Wrath of the Crystal Empire
Locked. This ability unlocks if Flurry Heart (or whoever has Flurry Heart as a safe claim) dies before you do.

Unlocked. The death of Flurry Heart has filled you with an anger unlike any you've ever felt before. Not even King Sombra himself earned this much hatred from you. Once during any day, you may post in the game thread ##RAGE: Player, where Player is anypony who has reached at least half the required votes to lynch that day (rounded up). You will try to kill them. If you are successful, the day will end without a lynch.

Farewell Ability: Heart Swap

You are Stygian, Pony of Shadows, and you are aligned with the Deadly Alliance.

Over a thousand years ago, you were a simple strategist named Stygian who assembled six of the greatest heroes in Equestria to do battle against powerful foes. But with no exceptional strength or magic yourself, your feats of strategy were overshadowed by the accomplishments of the others. You tried a plan that would have allowed you to join them in battle, but those cowardly ponies who you thought were your friends cast you out without an explanation. You found solace in the darkness. It beckoned to you, promised you untold strength, and you accepted it. Twilight and her friends saved you from the shadow's grip, but one day the shadows came rushing back to you, making you stronger than ever. Was this the Deadly Alliance's doing? You'll have to thank them somehow.

Passive Ability: Perfect Shadow
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting five or more players into your web of shadows.

Unlocked. You've achieved maximum power! If any kills resolve on you during the night, they will fail, and if you are voted to be lynched, there is a 50% chance the lynch will fail and the day will end with no lynch.

Active Ability: Shadow's Touch
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting three players into your web of shadows. Unlocking this ability will also change your win condition.

Unlocked. You've tapped into enough of the darkness to have found allies who also wish to eradicate these meddlesome ponies. You have been supplied with a QuickTopic where you and your new allies can discuss the game. The link will be sent to you in a separate PM. In addition to this, you can now use the shadows to influence others. Once a night, you may PM me ##INFECT: Player. During the next day, that player's vote weight will be +1, but they will be lynched at L-1. If the following day is LyLo, this ability's effects are nullified.

Active Ability: Shadow's Sight
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting four players into your web of shadows.

Unlocked. The shadows swirl around you, allowing you to see ponies' deepest secrets. Once a night, you may PM me ##SEE: Player. There is a 50% chance that you will receive that player's role PM; however, if your target is somepony who is already in your web of shadows, this ability will always succeed.

Active Ability: Web of Shadows
The path to becoming all powerful is paved with the souls of other ponies, and you've been granted a QuickTopic to gather these ponies together. (The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.) Once a night, you may PM me ##INVITE: Player, where Player is somepony who is not already in your web of shadows. I will extend that player an invitation to join your QuickTopic. They will know you invited them. If they say yes, they will be sent the link and become a permanent member until their death. Once you die, the QuickTopic will be locked to prevent further discussion. (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Shadow's Persistence

Farewell, Stygian. You've failed again to take revenge on your "friends." But the shadow is inescapable - anypony would be foolish to think otherwise. During the day following your death, unvoting will not be possible.

Win Condition: Unlock "Shadow's Touch"

Safe claim:

You are Stygian, and you are aligned with the Equestrian Defense Force.

A unicorn who lived over a thousand years ago, you were wrongly judged by your friends and sent to limbo after the darkness transformed you into the Pony of Shadows. After you were restored to life along with the six heroes, Twilight and her friends nearly banished you again before you managed to break the shadow's grip long enough for her to see the situation for what it really was. She cleared up the misunderstanding between you and your friends, and all of them accept you now. In this conflict, Twilight was quick to enlist you to serve as her chief strategist, a job you happily accepted... but with the Deadly Alliance threatening Equestria and Twilight and her friends already gearing up to destroy them, you can't help but think that maybe those villains are in the same situation you once found yourself in, and they just need a friend to lead them out of the darkness.

Passive Ability: Friendship is Magic
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting five or more players into your circle of friends.

Unlocked. The power of friendship surrounds you, ensuring maximum protection against the Deadly Alliance. If any kills resolve on you during the night, they will fail, and if you are voted to be lynched, there is a 50% chance the lynch will fail and the day will end with no lynch.

Active Ability: Buddy Boost
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting three players into your circle of friends.

Unlocked. The friends you've made have given you new powers. Now you can finally start standing by your allies in battle. Once a night, you may PM me ##BOOST: Player. During the next day, that player's vote weight will be +1, but they also will be lynched at L-1. If the following day is LyLo, this ability's effects are nullified.

Active Ability: Master Strategist
Locked. This ability unlocks by recruiting four players into your circle of friends.

Unlocked. Having the support of this many friends has given you the courage to risk going out at night to get important information. Once a night, you may PM me ##CHECK: Player. There is a 50% chance that you will receive that player's role PM; however, if your target is somepony who is already in your circle of friends, this ability will always succeed. You're putting your trust in these ponies, so you will believe the first thing they tell you. You will not know if the role PM you receive is a safe claim or not.

Active Ability: Circle of Friends
In the absence of the heroes of old, you will need to find new heroes to stand up to the darkness, and you've been granted a QuickTopic to gather these ponies together. (The link will be sent to you in a separate PM.) Once a night, you may PM me ##INVITE: Player, where Player is somepony who is not already in your circle of friends. I will extend that player an invitation to join your QuickTopic. They will know you invited them. If they say yes, they will be sent the link and become a permanent member until their death. (There is nothing preventing you from attempting to recruit a member of the Deadly Alliance into your circle of friends, and they are free to accept your offer with no penalty to either of you, but it should go without saying that doing that has its own set of risks; choose your allies carefully.) (You can use this on night zero.)

Farewell Ability: Warrior of Light

You are Discord, and you are aligned with yourself.

A draconequus and spirit of disharmony, you were initially Equestria's ruler, plunging the land into chaos before Celestia and Luna imprisoned you in stone with the Elements of Harmony. Once you were freed, you went right back to causing chaos, but Twilight and her friends imprisoned you in stone again, using the Elements. Later, Celestia had Twilight and her friends intentionally set you free, with the idea that you could be reformed and your chaotic magic used for the forces of good. Fluttershy was the only one willing to give you a chance, and you took advantage of her kindness before realizing she truly saw you as a friend and you reformed for good. The two of you remain very close friends. In this conflict, you're not picking a side. What kind of spirit of chaos would you be if you did that? No, it's time to have some fun and start trolling. No one is safe!

Passive Ability: Duplication
You possess the ability to duplicate yourself into an unlimited number of copies, which you can use to avoid death. The first time you would be lynched or otherwise die, a duplicate will take the hit for you instead, allowing you to survive. If you were lynched, the day will end with no lynch.

Active Ability: Mark
You wield chaotic magic, creating things like chocolate rain and flying pigs, or stairs that lead nowhere. Now you can use this magic to really get into others' heads. Once a night, you may PM me ##MARK: Player with [mark]. That player will wake up the next day to find himself marked in the way you describe. This mark has no effect, but everyone will sure think it does! The mark can be just about anything you think of, so get creative! (You can use this on night zero.)

Active Ability: Storm of Chaos
You are the spirit of chaos. It's no fun when things go exactly as planned. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##RANDOMIZE. The targets of all Active Abilities, including the night kill, will be randomly assigned. (The night kill cannot be redirected to another member of the Deadly Alliance in this way.) You can't use this ability the same night you use Secrets Revealed or Hurry It Up.

Active Ability: Secrets Revealed
Both factions have reasons for keeping their dealings during the night a secret, but it would certainly be something if all of those secrets came to light. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##NO SECRETS. The following day, the names of every player that used an Active Ability, and who they targeted with it, will be displayed publicly. (The night kill will not be included in this report.) You can't use this ability the same night you use Storm of Chaos or Hurry It Up. This ability locks on day four.

Active Ability: Hurry It Up
You wish that everyone would just hurry up and be done with this conflict already. Once a game during any night, you may PM me ##HURRY UP. The next day, you will generously mess with space-time and allow the day to continue until two players are lynched, regardless of how long it takes. Once the first player is lynched, all votes will be reset and the same day will continue until a second player has been lynched. (This will still happen if you are lynched first.) Since you will be busy messing with space-time while this is going on, there is a 50% chance you will not be lynched if you are voted to be lynched on either day. In that case, that particular day will end with no lynch. You can't use this ability the same night you use Storm of Chaos or Secrets Revealed.

Farewell Ability: Secret Friendship

Farewell, Discord. The truth is, you still put out a duplicate to be sacrificed, so you're completely fine... but you've decided to hang back and just watch things unfold now. Your last attempt at messing with these ponies is sure to annoy them, though; all votes will be made in secret during the next day. (Any publicly made votes won't count.) Furthermore, each player is only limited to voting a maximum of five times, and vote counts will only include the name of whoever is currently in the lead, and how close they are to being lynched. (At the end of the day, this effect ends, and everyone's actual votes will be shown in the final vote count.)

Farewell Ability: Ending Shoot

Did you know that "ending shoot" is an anagram for "does nothing"? Anyway, this ability does nothing. You didn't think you were immune to being trolled, did you? When I said no one was safe, I meant it. Hope this didn't get you killed.

Win Condition: Survive until the end of the game

Links:

Graveyard
Deadly Alliance
FA 1 Reward: scattered mind
FA 1 Reward: Celever

Golden PMJ Awards go to everyone who wasn't modkilled or forcefully subbed out. Thank you for seeing this game through to the end. Shout out to @Rotte who signed up to be a sub but didn't get to play.

Sorry this isn't more detailed. If you have any questions I will do my best to answer them.

See ya.

TFW you're left out just because I fell for a bluff :'U

Thanks for the game, PMJ, hope you can feel better soon!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back