Deck Archetype M Mewtwo-EX

freiser

Aspiring Trainer
One thing I'm considering is a lone copy of Pokemon Center Lady. My reasoning behind it is that it makes mega mewtwo a 3 hit ko rather than a 2 without investing a stadium or double colorless, also helps against the weird match ups that like to use status effects.

Gabking5458

2016 MA TCG Senior Division Regional Champion!
Has anyone got any tips for the scizor match up? Or specific card choices? Feel like I've nailed every match but that.
Lysandre + Damage Change onto Shaymins. The matchup really isn't all too bad i've found.

mKnox

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone got any tips for the scizor match up? Or specific card choices? Feel like I've nailed every match but that.

Keep your stadiums in hand untill you need to damage change.

Dont discard energy for Mega Turbo, because of the hammers, just use Mega Turbo if he gets a KO or gets a heads on a hammer.

Aim for his support pokemon: 3 Psychic Energy = 1HKO Hoopa, 4 Energy = 1HKO Shaymin.

He attacks you > Damage Change > He attacks you > You kill him.

He attacks you > Damage Change > He attacks you > Lysandre + Damage Change

I personally run 7 Basic Energy and 3 Shrine of Memories (would run 6 and 2 otherwise) for this matchup and win almost every single time by charging 2 M Mewtwos with 3 Basic Energies each and DCEs when needed for KO.

You want to avoid playing Shaymin in this matchup if possible.

freiser

Aspiring Trainer
See I run an interesting line up. I run 2 shrine, 2 p city and 1 lab. 1 Skyla and a professors letter so the deck all kind of falls into place, but cheers for the heads up with the above.

freiser

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone got any particular plans for going second? Always feels underwhelming to do shatter shot for 30. I think best I've done is sky return for 30 but that still feels shitty.

Ventus Invictus

Aspiring Trainer
In the mirrior it means you can do 60 then 120 to knock out a hoopa ex or the opponent's mewtwo ex unless he mega evolves. If he does go mega you have 60 hp on the mega and can easily get to 150 damage with a dce and your own mega evolution. It is a very safe play and puts the prize trade in your favor on turn 2.

Twixz

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Anyone with any techs vs M Gard decks?? I've tried Magearna and metal or even rainbow builds, but it seems to mess up all the other match ups pretty bad. Even tried weakness policy as a one of, but no dice. Anyone having any luck?

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone with any techs vs M Gard decks?? I've tried Magearna and metal or even rainbow builds, but it seems to mess up all the other match ups pretty bad. Even tried weakness policy as a one of, but no dice. Anyone having any luck?

Hate to say it, but the match-up against M Gardevoir-EX is pretty much an auto loss unless your opponent has awful draw luck. If it were just PRC M Gardevoir, you would be fine, but this is STS M Gardevoir we're talking about, who is a part Psychic with a non-Psychic weakness and a 110 damage attack that can remove its Shaymin-EXs. If you wanted to improve your odds, you would probably have to drop the Damage Change engine altogether, which isn't really an option. It's best to ignore that match-up and focus on improving your odds against the other decks. Your odds will be better if M Gardevoir decks up to run mixed Mega spreads instead of only STS M Gardevoir since it will be harder for them to find STS M Gardevoir-EX, but they'll probably be run in 2-2 or 3-1 splits at best, so don't hold your breath.

juba08

Aspiring Trainer
anyone tried mewtwo or anything from new set in this deck? what is best non- ex card we can add? (cant find better than hoopa so far)

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Mewtwo is only good if you can one shot a mega mewtwo in the mirror match. That requires them to have 4 energy and you a fighting fury belt. Any less warrants a damage change KO, fully healing the damage onto, potentially, hoopa ex for two prizes. Hoopa is better as it softens two mega mewtwo for a single energy. I'm not against 1-1 though.

Believ

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! New to TCG and been back since just before evolutions launched, I know it was asked, but for more detailed explanations I was curious...
So damage change does in fact work in conjunction with weakness? Swapping 100=200 in the mirror match for example?
Just curious because I did get 4 mewtwo ex recently but all are evolutions set.
I will probably be getting bkt set ex variant of the card because that damage swap looks fun, just want to understand mechanics a little better before hand.
And also would you if you did go with evolutions variant of the card, find the added 10hp to it relevant? This was 1 huge bonus I had noticed... and the loss of damage swap being horrible, yes... but 10+ hp and a nice way to reattach special energy.. probably only useful in very rare(not mirror) situations , but please I'd love incite!

Tldr is mewtwo ex evolutions relevant, or good/better/horrible compared to its breakpoint cousin..!?

Thank you! Great community!

LightningCloud224

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! New to TCG and been back since just before evolutions launched, I know it was asked, but for more detailed explanations I was curious...
So damage change does in fact work in conjunction with weakness? Swapping 100=200 in the mirror match for example?
Just curious because I did get 4 mewtwo ex recently but all are evolutions set.
I will probably be getting bkt set ex variant of the card because that damage swap looks fun, just want to understand mechanics a little better before hand.
And also would you if you did go with evolutions variant of the card, find the added 10hp to it relevant? This was 1 huge bonus I had noticed... and the loss of damage swap being horrible, yes... but 10+ hp and a nice way to reattach special energy.. probably only useful in very rare(not mirror) situations , but please I'd love incite!

Tldr is mewtwo ex evolutions relevant, or good/better/horrible compared to its breakpoint cousin..!?

Thank you! Great community!
No, swapping damage counters is not the same as doing damage. No weakness is applied. The damage change mewtwo is superior though.

Kuja89

Aspiring Trainer
Do we feel that after a strong showing at Dallas that Mewtwo is a 'big deck' again or was it simply a good metacall for a tournament?

Standard208

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I have the same question as Kuja89. I was also wondering if anyone had any educated thoughts on the deck's viability in an expanded tournament?

Standard208

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I know that Igor used the list he used to place in Orlando.

The other Mewtwo deck with Fairy Energy (Michael Canales I think) didn't make top 8, so you'll have to hunt that one down somehow.

uncleyuri

~
Thought about making a separate post for this but what are everyone's thoughts on the fairy drop version of this deck? I like it a lot. You're not hunting down shrines to do damage swap and can play more of the other stadiums that can really disrupt the current Meta in parallel city and silent lab. You can even tech in delinquent since that seems like it's becoming a very good disruption card now a days and once you play a parallel city to remove your Shaymin or hoopa you really don't need it on the board anymore.

BiggieSlong

Aspiring Trainer
Hi I know this thread is a bit old but I really want to know why exactly m mewtwo is bad right now. I just came back to the game but I always liked playing this, I know it's an auto lose vs garbodor but on which other parts is it bad?

ProZlockie

Meow? Meow.
Hi I know this thread is a bit old but I really want to know why exactly m mewtwo is bad right now. I just came back to the game but I always liked playing this, I know it's an auto lose vs garbodor but on which other parts is it bad?

Also loses to Espeon-GX, M Gardevoir-EX, I can see Tapu Bulu-GX being a difficult matchup. It has very little decent matchups to be good, and having psychic weakness isn't good.