M Manectric-EX Variants

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on M Manectric variants in the Expanded format. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:

M Manectric-EX / Regice Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 12
  • 3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 24)
  • 4 Manectric-EX (PHF 23)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 2 Regice (AOR 24)
  • 1 Articuno (ROS 17)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 11
  • 4 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 3 Flash Energy
Open Spots: 8

M Manectric-EX / Garbodor Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 15
  • 3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 24)
  • 4 Manectric-EX (PHF 23)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 2 Garbodor (PLF 119)
  • 2 Trubbish (PLS 65)
  • 2 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy: 11
  • 5 Lightning Energy
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Flash Energy
Open Spots: 4

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the Manectric/Psychic deck that did well during week 2 of Regionals? It used Garbodor, Tool Drop Trubbish, and Wobbuffet alongside Manectric. I like the Wobbuffet as a wall to hide behind while you set up Manectric, and a way to shut down Blastoise decks, which normally out-speed Manectric.

What do you guys think about the Manectric/Psychic deck that did well during week 2 of Regionals? It used Garbodor, Tool Drop Trubbish, and Wobbuffet alongside Manectric. I like the Wobbuffet as a wall to hide behind while you set up Manectric, and a way to shut down Blastoise decks, which normally out-speed Manectric.
I liked the Psychic variant. :) The Turbo Bolt attack deals 110 and if you attach the energies to Wobbuffet, you can deal a lot of damage using Psychic Assault next turn. Not to mention shutting down abilities as well.

Tool Drop Trubbish is cute against Night March. It still doesn't make it a favorable matchup though.

Once the BreakPoint set is released, MMan variants including 1-energy attachment, no Ability, Pokemon (e.g., Seismitoad, Sceptile, etc.) AND Garbodor will "again" (i.e., Big Basics with Garbodor) become popular, IMO.

what do you think of this being a good expanded rogue deck? Also, what partners would you use

It's not a rogue deck in expanded anymore. The deck is now one of if not the most hyped for Philly and gets Karen, so now it almost has a guaranteed win against it.

Forgot to mention that it's good against night March with Karen, because I forgot to mention which decks the card effects

Back