M Manectric-EX Variants

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on M Manectric variants in the Expanded format. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:

M Manectric-EX / Regice Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 12
  • 3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 24)
  • 4 Manectric-EX (PHF 23)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 2 Regice (AOR 24)
  • 1 Articuno (ROS 17)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 11
  • 4 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Water Energy
  • 3 Flash Energy
Open Spots: 8

M Manectric-EX / Garbodor Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 15
  • 3 M Manectric-EX (PHF 24)
  • 4 Manectric-EX (PHF 23)
  • 2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
  • 2 Garbodor (PLF 119)
  • 2 Trubbish (PLS 65)
  • 2 Wobbuffet (PHF 36)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Colress
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 1 Max Potion
  • 3 Silent Lab
Energy: 11
  • 5 Lightning Energy
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Flash Energy
Open Spots: 4

Last edited:

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
What do you guys think about the Manectric/Psychic deck that did well during week 2 of Regionals? It used Garbodor, Tool Drop Trubbish, and Wobbuffet alongside Manectric. I like the Wobbuffet as a wall to hide behind while you set up Manectric, and a way to shut down Blastoise decks, which normally out-speed Manectric.

Kings_Gambit

Aspiring Trainer
What do you guys think about the Manectric/Psychic deck that did well during week 2 of Regionals? It used Garbodor, Tool Drop Trubbish, and Wobbuffet alongside Manectric. I like the Wobbuffet as a wall to hide behind while you set up Manectric, and a way to shut down Blastoise decks, which normally out-speed Manectric.
I liked the Psychic variant. :) The Turbo Bolt attack deals 110 and if you attach the energies to Wobbuffet, you can deal a lot of damage using Psychic Assault next turn. Not to mention shutting down abilities as well.

kaleb

Aspiring Trainer
Tool Drop Trubbish is cute against Night March. It still doesn't make it a favorable matchup though.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Once the BreakPoint set is released, MMan variants including 1-energy attachment, no Ability, Pokemon (e.g., Seismitoad, Sceptile, etc.) AND Garbodor will "again" (i.e., Big Basics with Garbodor) become popular, IMO.

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
what do you think of this being a good expanded rogue deck? Also, what partners would you use

PerkyPancham

Aspiring Trainer
It's not a rogue deck in expanded anymore. The deck is now one of if not the most hyped for Philly and gets Karen, so now it almost has a guaranteed win against it.

PerkyPancham

Aspiring Trainer
Forgot to mention that it's good against night March with Karen, because I forgot to mention which decks the card effects