M Heracross-EX from 'Rising Fist' Revealed! [6/9]

Does anyone else think that the card above Jynx is Mega Scizor?!
That's what it sorta looks like to me :p

If it's effect is that and it gets weaker with damage it better start at a mighty high base damage or it will be lame...

Squirtle Squad said:
If it's effect is that and it gets weaker with damage it better start at a mighty high base damage or it will be lame...
Hmm, with the [G][G][C] energy cost, and it being a mega, probably at least 200 damage?

Never been a fan of those minus attacks. Hopefully the base is something ridiculous like 250. It's the Big Bang Horn after all!

CuriousCleffa said:
Does anyone else think that the card above Jynx is Mega Scizor?!
That's what it sorta looks like to me :p

It's M Lucario EX… see:

I marked the part with blue elipse in both cases…

Omg, love that artwork! :D
Am I the only one who thinks "The Big Bang Theory" when I read the attack?

*Bazinga*

Yeah just saying but on the home page you've got it down as [G][C][C] instead of [G][G][C].

Hopefully M-Heracross EX does enough damage so that it becomes viable; it'd have to be better than G-Booster.

I'm only just learning about the TCG and not much into the competitive scene (yet) at all so don't get mad if what I say doesn't make any sense. :p

Since Mega-evolving ends your turn, wouldn't that make this card quite weak? From what I understand, that basically makes it take a free hit, so if that damage lowers its offensive power it won't be able to do much unless the base power is insanely high. Losing your Mega Pokémon also allows the opponent to draw two prize cards, but with that move wouldn't it be very unlikely for it to be able to take out 2 or 3 Pokémon to make it worthwhile? Will it be useful competitively?

Dang, Rising Fist and E3 will be revealed over the next two days. That's awesome.

Drohn said:
I'm only just learning about the TCG and not much into the competitive scene (yet) at all so don't get mad if what I say doesn't make any sense. :p

Since Mega-evolving ends your turn, wouldn't that make this card quite weak? From what I understand, that basically makes it take a free hit, so if that damage lowers its offensive power it won't be able to do much unless the base power is insanely high. Losing your Mega Pokémon also allows the opponent to draw two prize cards, but with that move wouldn't it be very unlikely for it to be able to take out 2 or 3 Pokémon to make it worthwhile? Will it be useful competitively?

Sadly, I doubt most Mega Evolutions in the future will be very good. To answer your question, yes, that is a VERY heavy drawback, even with the high HP and strong attacks. The only really good Mega deck we have right now is Mega Kangaskhan/Aromatisse, and Mega Venusaur/Floette/Virizion, though to a much lesser extent.

Speaking of which, if Jynx and Electabuzz are in the same set, than Magmar is confirmed, 100%.

I think that Mega Evolution is only really feasible if you are doing that your second turn and you couldn't even attack yet, due to lacking the energy. because otherwise you're making a huge difference in your damage output, and in a very fast format like this, you can't be giving up any damage at all.

Relating that to Mega Heracross:
You'll probably take damage from the other pokemon so you'll already be losing damage before you can even attack, so the -10 damage for each damage counter you have on Heracross is a gigantic problem, especially now that we have fire decks.

Drohn said:

You can m-evolve it in your bench.

Other than that, this card seems to be very weak.

Back