News Lusamine from SM4 Revealed!

Puzzle of Time is NOT a solid VS Seeker replacement. If you only have one in your hand it's useless in terms of being able to recreate what VS Seeker can do. If it was such a good replacement, most decks would just replace the 4 VS Seeker they run to 4 Puzzle of Time but you don't see many decks doing that.

I hope VS Seeker stays out of Standard for good. Too overpowered and it didn't penalize players for mindlessly running through their deck. I like that the format is going to become slower, more thought out. Now you can't just discard your Guzma and N so carelessly. You have to actually be aware of the Supporter counts in your deck, not just the VS Seeker count.

I think Lusamine is a balanced version of VS Seeker. It's definitely a "plan ahead" card, which I like. With that said, with the new rotation, many decks are going to be running thick Supporter counts so is this card needed in every deck? Probably not. I think decks that run 4 Stadiums could get by with running 2-3 Stadiums and 1-2 Lusmine maybe so that way they kind of still have 4 Stadiums while gaining access to getting Supporters back.

With how the meta is looking now, this card is a must in most decks. With VS Seeker gone, supporters have became harder to play effectively. This card can at least give you some assurance that you will have a Guzma later on when you need it.
The one problem is that Lusamine is a supporter herself, so you use up your supporter for that turn, but with the format slowing down, this might not be too much of a problem. All in all, I'll give this card a 4 out of 5.

The best decklists are going to up the counts of their best supporters and just continue to run through the deck.

Lusamine is not good unless your deck relies heavily on stadiums.

if

Magnezone (BW: Plasma Storm 46/135), a.k.a. Magnzone [Plasma] released during the time frame when
  • There were no special first turn rules that applied only to Player 1, meaning Player 1 could attack turn 1.
  • Pokémon Catcher had not received the errata forcing you to flip a coin meaning it was an Item version of Lysandre.
  • After Rare Candy had received the errata causing it to behave like Pokémon Breeder (the way it still works now).
  • Shortly after Landorus-EX initially hit it big.
  • Shortly before Team Plasma and VirGen decks hit it big.
  • I believe this was during the period when Blastoise (BW: Boundaries Crossed 31/149; BW: Plasma Storm 137/135; BW: Plasma Blast 16/101) was doing well (fueling attackers that could OHKO almost anything in the game).
  • When the best draw Supporters were Colress, N, and Professor Sycamore; for better or worse, then meant your hand could fluctuate wildly from turn to turn.
  • When the best non-draw Supporters were Skyla and... Iris? I guess Ghestis fits in better here than with actual draw power. This is prior to AZ, Lysandre, Team Flare Grunt, Olympia, Xerosic, etc.
  • When the best draw outside of Supporters was Bicycle, which is a very good card but it isn't like how we (technically) still have Acro Bike and Trainers' Mail.
  • While we had Random Receiver, Jirachi-EX released two sets later and obviously that card is far inferior to Tapu Lele-GX (even adjusting for how the game has changed).
  • No VS Seeker, or even Pal Pad. I believe the only reliable way to recycle a Supporter was Dowsing Machine or certain attack effects.

Most of what I just said was off the top of my head; these may not even be all the reasons Magnezone [Plasma] failed to go anywhere. Yes, some of these don't apply to the present Expanded Format or even the last Standard Format where it was still legal, but by then I think the damage had already been done. Even now, when you could run it alongside Magnzone (XY: BREAKthrough 54/162) and Tapu Lele-GX, people either aren't or just know not to because it doesn't quite grant you enough of an advantage for the cost. Did I mention Item lock can slow it down too much and Ability lock leaves you stranded with a deck overloaded with Supporters? ;)

I don't know if Magnezone [Plasma] could cut it now, but something like it might have a chance. Whether downsized to a Stage 1 (a Basic would be obviously broken) or upsized to a Stage 2 Pokémon-GX, it would probably work.

Thank you for further proving my point!

I am looking at all of these new supporters for the future. Eventually the likes of N and Sycamore will rotate out (probably next rotation) so these will be the new go to supporters.

I knew that Lusamine was going to be in this set. Because in the game, she and Nihilego play a big role. And that since Nihilego is in the set, it was fitting that Lusamine is in the ste, too. So...CALLED IT!!!

I want them to do a lusamine possessed form that could help with poison or Ultra beasts or something. So people believe I am going to predict some cards, Faba, ride pager, Samson Oak (Just joking, hope this isn't jinxing it though), obviously the rest of the Ultra beasts, the sun and moon flutes and hopefully a Ultra beast support card.... Beast Ball!!

I like this card alot as it gives u access to inifinite access to supporters (assuming u keep recycling Lusamine like everyone mentioned). This card would be even better if it gave u access to any trainer in your discard pile, even if u just got back 1 trainer card.

Wait, so you can run 3 Lusamine and then for your last lusamine you can get 2 back meaning you can have infinite VS Seeker-type effects, that seems pretty good

Seems about right. This combo'd with a few other of the right Supporter cards would mean no deck could ever be milled out.

This card reminds me of how "Pokémon catcher" used to pull out any Pokémon with no drawback and then it got released as a supporter and then Pokémon catcher changed to a flip a coin effect. Now this card is like a supporter vs seeker, so maybe in the future we will get an item card like vs seeker but with a flip effect???

I think its definitely splashably in a lot of decks. It is true your opponent could N but maybe forcing them to N may not be too bad depending on the game state. Sometimes I would prefer them to N then using Guzma or Lysander just as a few examples.

DJGz-voVYAAQcSD.jpg

Previously translated here: http://www.pokebeach.com/2017/08/lusamine-from-sm4-revealed

Back