Lugia Legend

GHJamesGH

Retired Mod
I want to run a fun deck for a city championship and I have decided I want to try to make Lugia Legend work. I think it has become a decent deck because of the release of hunter, indigo plateau, and junk arm. Hunter allows you to keep picking up Lugia Legend and using its Pokepower in combination with "Time Reverse" Dialga, and junk arm helps you get the energy in the discard pile in the first place. Defender also gives you a fighting chance against Luxray based decks. Do you guys have any other ideas about how to run it?
113-114-lugia-legend.jpg

Lugia LEGEND is such a quirky card that my thoughts on how to run it are very slim.

I've only seen it being run once, and that was with Electivire FB LV.X, which recycled the energy discarded back onto Lugia LEGEND for a second attack. However I think it involves artful switching around. It might not be worth is at it could be sprayed much to your dismay, but other than that I can't think of much else.
Reverse Time is a great idea though.

Well hunter gives me a second chance and I was planning on running a few judge. Or I could use a really fast version with 2 legend box and just attach a ton of energy for later use.

Well i actually built a Lugia Legend deck and surprisingly its working quite well!

The biggest problem, that DNA pointed out, is that against SPs, they will power spray you, and those hurt even more because the P-Powers in a Lugia deck are all "coming into play" powers, so you'd have to waste resources to pick Lugia/Dialga up again.

Anyways, besides that, its an extremely fun deck to play! I have a blast every time I played it. A good starter would be Sableye, because you can go get Bebe Searches early on to get your Lugia pieces. Also, some Unown Q's cant hurt because Sableye and Lugia both have only 1 retreat cost. Itll make things easier for Seeker too (Hunter is actually called Seeker :p). But dont forget the super scoop ups too :p

The biggest part of this deck though, believe it or not, is Legend Box! (Thats right, it finally has a use!)

With Dialga PL #5, You can very easily put a KOed or a discarded full Lugia Legend on the top of your deck, and then use Legend Box for a guaranteed success. And the best part about Lugia is that after a successful Legend Box, you can still use his P-Power Ocean Grow. (because it says when it "comes into play", and not "played from hand"). So basically you power him up with as many Energies as possible and attack away while still adding 1 energy every turn. Remember, you only need to attack 6 times to win the game pretty much.

Another important point though is to make sure you have 2-3 cards like Flower Shop Lady, to stop yourself from decking out with all the Ocean Grows and Sages Training (great card to thin out your deck and get Energies or even a 2nd Lugia to discard pile). As a last resort, any extra Dialga's can put three cards back in your deck too.

Anyways, thats my experience with Lugia Legend, i think its really fun to play. I hope you go through with this deck!

Ask Nick Fotheringham on how to beat decks with Lugia Legend. Run it like a speed deck with SSU, hunter, and legend box. He made it work even before legend box. Either way, speed Lugia is more worth the attack due to the hilarity when it donks.

~L_X_F

OMG I never noticed that about Lugia! It just got over 9000 times better. Thanks for pointing that out.

ZOMG Lugia Donk would be hilarious. I'm going to run the speed version with hunter I think.

Any more ideas anyone?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how would you donk with it?
Free retreat starter and legend box?
I've done it with RSL, but I was extremely lucky.

Lugia Legend...
How about Fisherman? Gets back energy, but might be straying a bit away from your speed strategy. Interviewer's Questions might also help.

Yeah, it's not the best.
How about Electrode Prime? It's been discussed to death, but I think it could work with a good enough deck structure.

Electrode Prime is like a nerfed Interviewer, except your opponent speeds up their win when you use it.
It's irritating and hurts more than it helps.

Electrode Prime attachesto the Pokémon instead of to your hand, which helps.
Also, there is the Electrode+Twins combo. After you knock it out, get a free Lugia Legend from your deck or any two other cards you need.

Oh... right...
Well, you could put in some Judge and hope they don't draw into it, I suppose. But then you couldn't use Twins. How about Vileplume UD? You don't have to always set it up, but only if you're against SP as a way to get the win. It might help.

Actually I just Lugia donked this weekend :p

started with a Sableye, and surprisingly a whole Lugia Legend in my opening hand.
Played Lugia down, used Ocean Grow, got 4 energies (1 water, 2 lightning, 1 fire),
attached an energy from my hand to sableye, retreated sableye,
and used Elemental Blast to do 210 damage to a poor little Charmander lol

No doubt, it was extremely lucky, but it was pretty funny! lol

Anyways, too bad that Electrode Prime still gets KO'd after a power spray, or else that would have been great here.
Right now the only energy acceleration im using is Dialga PL #5, and using Ocean Grow or even Legend Box + Ocean Grow.
And tons of SSU and Seekers to keep reusing Lugia's or Dialga's Powers.

I did have Bronzong G in there at first, with some Flints Willpower, which would allow you to attach an extra energy that turn to Bronzong G, and then use his Poke-Power to move that energy over to Lugia. It seems good on paper, but was way too clunky for me. Maybe you guys will be able to get it to work better than me.

Try Electivire+Floatzel. It's slow, and risky when it comes to SP's, but once it gets set up, its almost unstoppable. (Throw in 4 Lv. maxes and snowpoint/Indigo Plateu)

I've ran Lugia Legend with Flareon, Vaporeon and Jolteon. It works pretty well because you can use the eeveelutions for beginning, quick damage at first and then use them to help power up Lugia. My experience with it...

here is a fun deck I've been working on. Doesn't go on your exact plan but this is pretty cool to play. Especially when you have a Sableye in Lost Zone and use Mew for a Palmer's. Have a look and let me know what you think.

www.pokebeach.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=89980

Back