Writing Love in Dangerous Times

Joeypals!!

Do you loooooves me? <3
Personal Info/Background Info: Hey everyone, Joey here! Since I'm a songwriter, I figured I'd try my hand at writing a story. The original idea came from my... Not sure what to call him since it's like we're in a long distance relationship but we aren't at the same time XD Anyway, you can find the original story here. I hope you guys enjoy, the story means alot to me!

Warning: Rated PG-13 for a romantic theme that strengthens throughout the chapters along with mild violence. If you don't like that sort of thing, don't read this.

Table Of Contents
Chapter One: First Encounter (in this post)
Chapter Two: To Have A Friend
Chapter Three: Beginning A Long Road
Chapter Four: Illusions Of The World
Chapter Five: Sabotage
Chapter Six: High-Flying Tormentation in Hoenn's Backyard
Chapter Seven: Bombs Create Havoc
Chapter Eight: The Raging Inferno
Chapter Nine: The Face Of Fate
Chapter Ten: Foreign Emotions
Chapter Eleven: Traveling Abroad
Chapter Twelve: Another Day, Another Journey
Chapter Thirteen: The Real Fight Begins
Chapter Fourteen: Nitty Gritty In The West

Chapter One: First Encounter

"Riiiing!" went the old schoolbell, marking the end of Adam's education at the Pokemon Academy. Adam took a moment to look around: Soft breeze, warm sun, and the occasional Taillow flying through the sky. What a perfect day this was going to be! Adam then set out for the Petalburg Woods to do some training.

The woods were nice and dark as always. Adam made his way to his own little treehouse he built up since he was ten. You see, he never was exactly the people's person, but who could blame him? Adam's parents were never around and while he had friends, he found nature much more relaxing and welcome. In addition to this, one event ended up leading to the split between Adam and his family.

Eight years ago, when Adam was nine, Adam took a stroll through the very woods he is in now, mainly to clear his head. Earlier in the day, he had noticed broken plates on the ground from a fight between his parents just moments before Adam woke up. Disappointed and truly displaced, he stole his father's last Ultra Ball and headed out.

Adam was clearly outraged, even smacking a Shroomish that refused to move. Unfortunately, as he did not know a thing about Shroomish yet, he fell prey to its toxic fumes. Adam fell on the ground, coughing hard and scared as it seemed to be firing up a Focus Punch. Just when all hope seemed lost, a little shrub thing appeared out of nowhere, firing off shots of some mysterious power (a move later to be named "Hidden Power"). Whatever these shots worked since the Shroomish scurried off.

A few hours later, Adam regained consciousness, though now covered in leaves and surrounded by multiple shrub Pokemon (due to the timeframe, these Pokemon are undiscovered yet). One seemed especially intent on curing Adam, using Aromatherapy multiple times until it got Adam's favorite smell: chocolate. He then sat up to see the little thing on his lap and though the Pokemon had no visible smile, it seemed to be extremely happy. Adam hugged it for all of it's help, grinning wide before realizing this Pokemon is the first thing that has ever helped him like this. Feeling extremely giddy and needy, Adam brought out the Ultra Ball.

"Hi little one, would you like to come with me?"

The little Pokemon spun around in joy, excited with the suggestion. Adam understood this notion and lightly tossed the ball at the Pokemon. It did it's three shakes quickly before a little click took place.

Adam snapped back into the present time, realizing he daydreamed on the ladder again. He proceeded to finish climbing to notice a dark, human-like shape in the corner. Scared, he tossed out the Pokemon from eight years ago, now known as a Petilil.

"Umm, sir... I know there's no lock or door, but I'd like you to leave. This is my home you see and the last thing I have to call mine."

The dark figure turned around just as shocked, though he had a strict smugness to his look and voice.

"Is that so?" the figure retorted. "If that's the case, prove your devotion to this piece of crap place I have... plans for."

The figure tossed out both a Carvanha and Numel.

Adam became enraged and scared at the same time. He knew his training, but there's no way he could win a two-on-one fight, especially against a fire type. Just when he was thinking of leaving, someone down on the ground heard the commotion and climbed up to help.

"Adam!" shouted the person while finishing the climb. "You don't really know me, but that's not important right now."

While talking, he tossed out a Phanpy that seemed very proud of it's power.

"Let's do this!" shouted the Phanpy trainer. "Earthquake, now!"

"Petilil, Giga Drain at Carvanha, now!"

The dark figure got agitated and shouted out some commands in what seemed German. The meaning was clear though: Numel shot out some fire and Carvanha was racing at Phanpy fast.

Petilil all the sudden went into protection mode, blocking Phanpy from the Aqua Jet and knocking Carvanha out simultaneously. Phanpy returned the favor by leaping in front of the Ember, releasing a very controlled Earthquake before getting burned. Both Numel and Phanpy fell down in pain, though it was obvious Phanpy's burn was worse, especially around the impacted nose area. While the dark figure ran off, everyone else ran over to Phanpy.

"Petilil, help this str- wait, you're not a stranger if you knew my name... What's your name?" said Adam while giving Petilil a look that said "Please help it!"

"My name is Cody, I was in your Academy Class. You see, I write online articles about up and coming trainers, mainly as a hobby of mine. I've wanted to be a writer for... as long as I can remember and I couldn't hope but notice your distinct battle style standing out among everyone frequently. Didn't Ms. Blake tell you about it?"

"She did, but I don't have a computer... Heh." Adam said, shaking in fear of being ridiculed for whatever reason. "Shoot, look what that Numel did to my floor!"

"Here, lemme h-"

"No, it's OK, I got it."

"But I want to h-"

"I appreciate it, but this is my home. I should clean it myself."

Cody shakes his head and helps himself to the cabinets and the sink Adam had installed with the last bit of cash he had to make obtaining water alot easier, filling a glass and joining the Pokemon on the floor.

Adam worked out the stain more and more, but easily lost focus and looked over at Phanpy, but more specifically Cody. His gentle yet rash behavior was very intriguing as well as the fact that he's the only one to notice his passion and talent. Adam then knew he was not going to be able to shake this boy easily.

Please leave any critiques you may have! This is the first story I'm writing and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

RE: [PG-13] Love In Dangerous Times

The chapter was about 13 words off the minimum but I'll let you off. Make sure future chapters are at least 1,000 words.

I noticed that, but I didn't want to force anything onto the end for the sake of the message. I'll keep the limit in mind for the future and strive to hit that more often.

For the sake of some critique being published, BUMP! I also went through and fixed a few typos.

It's a fine way to start to develop a story, with a long back story like this. Maybe its more classified as a prologue? But if you did that, you might have to make some changes to the next chapter if you wanted to continue from where you left off. Otherwise, just one correction:

Joeypals!! said:
Adam made his way...Adam's parents were never around...when Adam was nine, Adam took a stroll ...Adam woke up...Adam was clearly outraged...Adam fell on the ground, coughing hard...Adam regained consciousness...

A litte repetitive, don't you think? Maybe throw in some pronouns and adding some dialogue between him and his parents, Academy life, and so on. Not only would it make it longer, it would add more depth into the intro. Develop the story a little more in the next chapter, and you might have something going. Good luck!

I guess I still have my English class rules still in mind xD (they hate pronouns) I'll try to keep all of that in mind, thank you very much!

Joeypals!! said:
I guess I still have my English class rules still in mind xD (they hate pronouns) I'll try to keep all of that in mind, thank you very much!
Haha they do? No way! Well, do whatever you think would develop a great story. And like I said before, good luck!

As noted by myself and you guys reading along, I did kinda rush through Chapter One, not leaving enough dialogue or background along with not meeting the word count (though I fixed that in my typo corrections). This chapter will finish out the background, action to start next chapter.

Chapter Two: To Have A Friend

Cold, wet, dark. It's been about a week since the incident took place in the treehouse. Cody helped Adam construct some windows and a door with a lock, much to the brunette's dismay. He just was not used to anyone helping and felt much more in control when flying solo. For example, the first battle day at the Academy, everyone was supposed to pair off for double battles using Pokémon duos like Plusle and Minun or Solrock and Lunatone to display the effects of moves such as Helping Hand. Adam, however, had none of it.

"Excuse me, young man..." said Ms. Blake, concerned by the look in the boy's eyes and the fact that his partner for the day was off in corner crying. "What did you do to Abigail?"

"Oh, that whiny girl? She was going on and on about how she was supposed to be the true star of Toddlers And Tiaras, whatever the heck that is I'll never know, and how some redneck train wreck stole the spotlight because of her big oafy mother. Anyway, I couldn't take it, so I ended up yelling at her to get a life and that's when she ran off. Besides, I work better alone anyway."

"I don't care if you work better alone, you'll work wi-"

"Do you know what happens with partnerships ma'am? They die. Hard. I mean, look at my mother and father. One turned out to be a psycho and the other a prissy little b*tch who was like 'Take me shopping, do this, blah blah blabbity blah!' I mean come on, no one that b*tchy mysteriously drowns in the ocean when she was a triathlete. PLEASE!"

"Sir, I'm asking you to work with someone for a day, not marry them."

"I understand that, but here's what's gonna happen." Adam grabbed a Pokeball from Ms. Blake's tray and his Petilil ball, the Petilil still being an unknown creature though Unova was discovered a month prior to this dramatic summer of 2006. "I'm going to battle alone like I always have, you're going to console that girl, and you're going to LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Distrust at it's finest folks.

"Adam... Adam... You there buddy?" said Cody in a somewhat soothing tone. I made our departure food..."

Adam shot up quickly, making sure to shoot Cody a death stare.

"I never said you could stay."

"But you seemed so lonely up here and I didn't see you in town so-"

"Are you normally this irritating or do you have to work at it?"

"There's nothing wrong with kindness..."

"Kindness? You're being creepy at best and today is not the day..."

"Why?"

Adam sighed heavily. What is with this kid, seriously? I know he means well but there is such a thing as personal space... Plus he doesn't need my backstory, the last thing I need is someone giving me pity, yet...

"Umm, Adam?" Cody said with a light giggle. "You gonna tell me or not?"

Well, he'd find out sooner or later I guess. Fine... "Alright, I'll tell you, but you gotta promise not to write about this on your site or say this to anyone. Got it?"

Cody gave a slight nod, his gold locks covering his eyes. Damn that kid has nice hair...

"OK, so remember eight years ago today when I was being covered on the news because of some lucky nature preservist or whatever taking video?"

Cody lightly nodded again, trying not to interrupt Adam.

"Well, a little bit before that, I walked out of my home. I'm not entirely sure who said what, but downstairs was completely trashed and I felt completely alone. After I recovered from the Shroomish attack, I went back to the house. However, I took the time to analyze the scene once more and that's when I noticed a red dish and went to myself 'wait, we have white plates, not red...'. Panicked, I followed the trail to see a lifeless figure floating in the nearby water by that one sailor's house, surrounded by a pool of red. That's when I knew my father killed my mother, explaining why he wasn't at the Gym or a-"

"Wait, your father is NORMAN??? But he seemed so nice!"

"Can I talk? Yeesh..." Adam shot Cody another death look, forcing the blonde to gulp and shut up. "Yes, he's Norman and where he's at I'm not sure. But as soon as I find that bastar-"

"So that's what that's for!" Cody said excitedly, pointing at a bow and arrow kit, the arrow tips laced with poison.

"No, that's what I use to keep away pests like Joltik and Larvesta. Things will eat everything you have... No, I have this for my father."

He pushed the bow aside, revealing a small chest. He then pulled out a dark sphere.

"You're going to... Catch your father?"

"No you knucklehead. I got this ball from a prison guard trading in the black market... Lovely system, right? Anyway, he said he'd use the last of my cash to renovate my house if I can 'arrest' my father', but of course I only got the sink for now. You get why I'm so edgy now?"

Cody whimpered out a little "yes", the gravity of everything Adam just said sinking in.

"Good, let's eat quick. The water supply is getting worse and we're better off living off the land."

"Indeed... Wait, did you say 'we', meaning you and I?"

"Accentuate that little fact more and you'll be trapped in here like Rapunzel. As much as I hate it, I need SOMEONE to cover my *ss when we're moving, thus where you come in. Got it?"

"I understand, thank you so much for letting me come, you have no idea how much it needs, I'm so excited-"

Cody was cut off by Adam shoving a strip of bacon in his mouth.

"Less blabbing, more eating."

However long this journey was going to take, he wasn't sure. All Adam knew is that although this kid may be irritating, he saw something in him he liked. What is to be discovered soon enough...

As always, critiques are welcome! I feel like I'm getting a better handle on this thanks to the comments, so anything to help me out would be greatly appreciated!

Starting to get used to you starting chapters with some info, and then getting into the dialogue. Much more clear than you last chapter. Good job!

Well thank you! I think the info first is better to set the scene, especially in a story like this that crosses months.

Read both chapters. Sorry for not critiquing this earlier. I like the story, but I do agree with Suitcune about the noun overuse in Chapter One.

As for Chapter Two, I like how there's a little tension between Adam and Cody. Keep it up! :)

Thanks! Like I said in the OP, this is the the first story I'm writing (I only wrote songs before this), so I'm literally learning as I go. Glad I'm doing something right xD

Finally made a chapter that isn't barely touching the 1000 mark xD Anyway, the action starts here as promised, enjoy the read!

Chapter Three: Beginning A Long Road

Finally, the time came to load up and head out. Adam packed only the Pokéball, a map, and his Petilil ball. Cody, on the other hand, went ALOT more extravagant with his hoard: two tents, about ten gallons of water, plenty of dry food that could even satisfy a Munchlax, and a whole bunch of stuff not even pertaining to the trip like UNO Cards and a cardboard cutout of Celine Dion.

"Who are you, Paris Hilton?"

Cody got a wide, goofy grin at this. "Maaaaaaaaaaybe.... so, where do you think your father could be?"

"That's a question I would love to know the answer to. After you fell asleep, I went to the captain's house. He'll only take me where my father went IF we can find a special rock."

"What rock?"

"One with a sapphire, ruby, and emerald on it."

"Are you SURE he said rock?"

"Actually, he didn't, I just assumed. Why?"

"Look at this."

Adam scooted next to Cody as he fired up his Pokédex. For an energetic, annoying kid, he was pretty organized... At least a far as research goes. As far as battling, he was pretty frantic as they discovered in training, often attacking without a thought.

"Here, look Adam. See this little guy?"

"Sableye... What does he have to do with anything?"

Cody clicked a button, making the picture do a half-turn.

"Wait... Those are the gems he wanted! When'd you get smart?"

Cody gave some kind of death look, but his happy-go-lucky attitude ended up turning it into some weird lustful stare.

"I've always been, you're just not open to ideas..."

"Can we just go pick this damn thing up?"

"Not until you admit I'm right!"

"Ugh, fine! I'm not open to ideas from others, happy?"

Cody gave a content nod. Adam, who by now was so thirsty for blood, ended up almost shoving Cody out of the window before climbing down the ladder, not waiting up for the blonde and walking at a fast rate. Fortunately for Cody, he owned a bike and caught up rather quickly after he tied the supplies to the back.

"Adam... Stop."

"I swear to God!" Adam half-screams, halting in his tracks.

"I didn't mean to make you upset... You want a hug?"

"Who has time for hugs when my mom's killer is out who knows where?"

"Excuse me..."

"WHA- Wait, you're not Cody."

The figure moved up a little closer to get into better view. You see, the three were in the back of a Rustboro building due to the sun just coming up. The two boys were trying to not wake anyone up, the girl... The world may never know.

"Of course not!" the girl said, somewhat giggling. "That still doesn't excuse me being mad at you and wondering why my brother has taken an interest in you."

"I don't even know you little girl! Shoo!"

"'Don't know me'? Maybe this will help." The girl then holds a picture of her younger self with the words Toddlers And Tiaras on it. "I'm Abigail, b*tch!"

"Abby, please c-"

"I will NOT calm down! My first day, this dark soul shooed me away and said my ramblings about the show were pointless!"

"Lemme be honest here Abby: They ARE pointless." Cody and Adam then shared a laugh, making Abby infuriated.

"SHUT UP! THAT'S NOT WHY I CAME!"

Someone's still whiny, even seven years later...

"Then why did you come?"

"Mom said I had to come with you because she's goi-"

"Wait, you're related to this monster??? Cody, I'm sorry..."

"It's OK, pretty sure you had the worse lu-"

"AS I WAS FREAKING SAYING... She wants me to go with you."

Cody turned to Adam for his approval.

She's the kind of person that makes me hate people, plus that loud mouth could turn into a massive liability fast...

"No little girl, SCRAM."

"B-"

"He said go Abby..."

"B-b-"

"That's a final answer, GO!"

Abigail then ran off crying just like she did seven years ago.

"Umm... I know you don't like people, but was that necessary?"

"You can think about it, we have a Sableye to catch."

Adam then took off, hands in his pockets, red shoes streaking across the street silently and swiftly. Cody, perplexed by the intensity of his coldness, ended up following in pursuit, just trying to make sure he didn't break anything on his way through Rustboro.

This thought quickly ended though as the Pokemon Academy blew up, screams from inside finally escaping.

"Go go go!" yelled one voice, dressed similarly to the figure from the treehouse break-in. "We gotta move!"

"Why boss? It's just us."

"Cops, durr! Now MOVE!"

That's all I needed to hear... "Yo, Dweedle Dee and Dweedle Idiot, stop right there!" yelled an angered Adam. "If you think you can blow up the one place that remotely felt like a second home and run off scott free, that's where you're wrong! Now, let's do this!"

Funnily enough, when angered, the brunette goes into a strange commando mode, mixing the personalities of May and Ash.

"Petilil, spotlight! Let's stop these... these... terrorists!"

"Please, like we hurt anyone important, just that old broad in-"

"WHAT??? Oh that tears it! Adam, let's stop them now!"

Phanpy shot out of his ball, sensing the trainer's anger.

"Hmph, look minion. It's those idiots from the treehouse. Now's a good time to kill them."

The minion and boss each tossed out a Sewaddle. The boss's though was glowing dark like a... Shadow Pokemon? How that's possible quickly became unknown by both Cody and Adam, thinking those machines and balls were broken years ago.

"Careful of that one over there, he looks tough!"

Adam, as calculating as he was, was already ten steps ahead of the rasher blonde.

"Fire Storm, NOW!"

"I, umm..." How many sides does this boy have??? And how can a grass type do a fiery storm? "Rollout around the field?"

The baddies looked at each other and started laughing like no tomorrow.

"You've gotta be kidding me! You two are idiots! Grass types can't use fire moves and sending the elephant in circles because you can't think, pathetic! Minion, Bug Bite Killers!"

"Yes boss! Sewaddle, follow the dark one!"

Petilil waited to see what this meant and after detecting it was a charge of Bug Bite from the back and front, it made it's move.

"NOW!"

Petilil rapidly spun in a circle, creating a move similar to Fire Spin, but being unaffected in the center. The two lost plenty of health, Phanpy cleaning up the rest, or so it seemed... The dark Sewaddle then morphed into a dark Palkia.

"Now what punks?!?"

Adam shot Cody a look that read "Really?". Struggling at first, he came up with a brilliant idea.

"Petilil, play dead! Phanpy, Skateboard Flyer!"

"Hey, don't control my Pokemon!"

"You wanna get out of here or not dumb-dumb?"

"I don't have to take the verbal abuse y'know..."

"You don't, but you would've left by now if I was tru- Gah, this is a battle!"

Phanpy was confused on what to do since it wasn't sure what a skateboard was, but then saw Petilil laying at an angle. Giving it a try, Phanpy rolled up Petilil rapidly and ended up crushing the dark being to dust.

"Gah, my prototype! Run!"

"Yes boss!"

Adam and Cody, now relaxed now that the scary beast was gone, went into the rubble of the Academy. There was ash, decay, and ruin everywhere, a rather sad sight indeed for the town's most extravagant building (Roxanne admitted to the school being more important, thus the simple design of her gym). They then saw the horror: a corpse of Ms. Blake. The boys left quickly, but not before grabbing two notes on her desk.

"So, what do they say?" asked a curious Cody, his hair all dusty now.

"You just saw your teacher die... You're really concerned about pieces of paper more than a life? Shouldn't you be, oh I don't know, CRYING?"

"I could be... But I guess I find this more important. One more death to avenge, right?"

Adam looked at Cody in disbelief.

"You're not the killer type, this is not your fight, and for the love of God GIVE ME ROOM! You're always in my space!"

Cody took a step back, sounding surprised.

"I thought we were friends..."

"I don't make friends. Petilil is lucky it saved me, otherwise it may as well be drowning in the lake by now."

"Wow... I totally get it now."

"Get what?"

"Why you're so cold... No one loved you as a child in any way, forcing you to go more and more towards trying to get power."

"...as accurate as that may be, it's not like you could do anything ab-"

Adam was cut off by a sudden hug.

"Please stop being so mad all the time..."

The brunette felt odd at first, but then quickly forced the blonde off of him and shoved him to the ground.

"New rule: do NOT touch me."

"I was ju-"

"I don't need anything! Why can't you understand that???"

"Because I don't think it's true..."

"...whatever, let's move. Now we gotta go to Verdanturf to see what the heck that thing was about."

"Why?"

"What is this, 20 Questions? Anyway, there's guy named Wally... He's a researcher. Can we go now??"

"Ugh, fine May!" Cody said in a half-mocking tone.

"...bite me."

Adam swiftly walked off and of course, Cody was on his tail. There were only three things on the brunette's mind: how many traps is his father setting, what the heck that morphing thing was because it sure as heck wasn't a Ditto, and if there was any way to shake this boy. And sadly, only one thing was obvious: this kid was only going to keep trying to open him up.

Don't worry, those notes are definitely playing a part in the next chapter (no detail ever gets left out!). As always, comments appreciated and will be replied to just to further show I care about your help! :D

RE: [PG-13] Love In Dangerous Times (Chapter 3 is up!)

Haha, I see some improvements there. But what and all with the continuous chattering, it's hard to tell which voice is who's.

You do need to improve on description, though. :p

I noted that too, so I'm gonna start adding colored text. Most of the time, the character colors will all be before the chapter, but when there's a character that should make you go "woah o.o", it'll go after.

The Writer's Cafe Rules and Guidelines said:
10. No abusing colors or tags.

Multiple colors on different paragraphs right after another will count as abuse of tags. Please avoid using colors to show different persons.

You can easily just do something like:
"Blah blah!" exclaimed Frank

Rather than nothing solid to make out who is speaking. This will clear up a lot of confusion and negate the use for colors.

Right... *goes and rethinks a plan that's not repetitive, doesn't abuse tags, and doesn't look like a script*

Chapter Four: Illusions Of The World

Not even an hour passed before the media frenzy stormed upon Rustboro. Not only had the news of the Academy exploding and five people dead and counting spread like wildfire all over Hoenn, but the mysterious creature now being dubbed the "Enigma Of Despair" had as well. Roxanne even stepped into the media circus.

"This is a complete NIGHTMARE!" started Roxanne, visibly frantic. "As if the news about Steven and Wallace both getting infected with a monster version of the flu wasn't enough... If I ever find out who did this to my beautiful, quiet town, I will tie them up and chain them to the gym wall until they perish!"

Lovely lady, right? Not even 20 and she's already trying to create a torturous version of 50 Shades Of Grey.

Adam and Cody were watching this all from behind some trees on the westernmost point of Route 115.

"This is ridiculous... Not in an hour into the mission and there's already a massive giveaway. Ugh, I knew this would never work..."

"Calm down Adam, it's all OK. No one caught us on tape... Right?"

And low and behold...

"Good morning, this is Ariel Lewis for Hoenn 9 News. This just in, we have video of the Enigma Of Despair in action against two trainers from the Rustboro Bank!"

The video then rolls, giving audience a clear view of the trainers, also known as Adam and Cody, and their techniques.

Son of a... thought Adam, about to blow a fuse and just go nuts.

"Incredible! Who these trainers are is currently unknown, but we will bring you updates as soon as they are available. Ariel Lewis, Hoenn 9 News."

"..."

"...Adam?"

The brunette quickly grabbed the blonde's arm, figuring out how to release his anger since he couldn't shout with the media around. He decided on giving him Indian burns.

"Adam, ple- OW THAT HURTS!"

"Shut up..."

"Did you guys hear anything?" went the nearby Hoenn 9 camera crew.

...it's not my day, is it? "Watch this." Adam took a Pokeball and chucked it at Cody's supplies, using it as storage.

"M-my standee..."

"Yes, it was important since it held the portable TV, but we need to move. Now." He then grabbed the happy child and basically dragged him to the Verdanturf Tunnel.

"I think I lost part of my shoe..." whimpered Cody.

"It was either that or lose your cover, get your priorities straight."

"I do... I just like my shoes..."

Not even twenty steps in and the two were submerged in darkness.

" It's so dark... How are we supposed to find an exit?"

"It's supposed to be dark Catherine Obvious," Adam sarcastically said. "It wouldn't be a cave if it wasn't dark."

"True... Did you just call me Catherine?"

"Indeed, everyone has a girl name and since you act like a girl most of the time, may as well just go by it."

"I-i will not!" said a flustered Cody. "My name is Cody, you will call me so! You hear me?"

Adam tackled the boy into an opening before the true exit.

"For the record, I heard you. You're starting to get spine from me, I like that. But you've really gotta keep it down with both those mystery figures and the reporters, OK?"

"OK... Umm, Adam... Turn around."

Sighing before doing so, the two saw Abigail once again, this time standing over the two, fists clenched and already white from anger.

"THIS one is for the Academy!" shouted the girl, throwing a fist at Adam's face. But, like the badass he is, he caught the fist and flipped her to the ground.

"That one is for being born. Like seriously, are you the abortion of that country hick you were talking about... Honey Boo Boo I think?"

"Adam... Careful. She is still very touchy."

"Touchy?" said the girl half whining. "No I'm not touchy! In fact this is happy me! I'm glad to have all of my hopes and dreams smashed by a family that looks like they're related to Shrek's even uglier twin!"

"Well, if that's the case, nice time flipping your whiny *ss to the ground, have a nice day."

Cody grabbed the two of them for a little meeting.

"Look Adam, I know you're not a people's person, but just keep her around for a bit? And as for you Abigail, either calm the f*ck down with all of these attacks on everyone or I'll happily hang you from a flagpole in your underwear! Got it you two?"

"Yes..." said the two with a very bitter tone.

"Good. Now, let's set up for the night."

Since they were in a nice little land-peninsula in a way (like only one way out), there was little need to feel worried about protection. The two boys set up their tent and since Cody only brought two sleeping bags, they had to share one so Abigail had a bag. Needless to say, things were cramped and awkward.

"Cody, get off of me..."

"But I sleep on my side and you're there and your chest is kinda soft..."

"I don't care, I'm not a pillow, get off."

"Not gonna happen!"

After about 20 minutes, the two boys fell asleep, the blonde winning the fight and snuggling as close as he can to take advantage of a defenseless Adam and to warm up. Cody wasn't normally interested in guys to this extent, but there was something about the rare moments of niceness he's seen in Adam and the innocent smile on his face while he was sleeping gave the blonde some sort of joy and warmth, like a form of protection or those butterflies you get at a best friend's Christmas party when you're playing spin the bottle and your crush is right next to you.

In the other tent, the atmosphere was very different. Abigail fired up her phone and was texting someone under the name of "N" (no not the hippie) through the night. About what is still unclear... For now.

The next morning, after more bickering and Adam trying to force Cody off of him but, because of the cramped bag, only brought the blonde closer, the trio headed to Wally's at a rather quick rate, getting there in a mere five minutes.

"Both of you," started Adam, acting like an adult. "Wally is a rather shy fellow. If you so as much as stir the slightest bit of anger in me, you will sit outside. Got it?"

The two nodded, leading Adam to sigh and knock on the big mahogany door. After a minute moments, Wally opened the door.

"Hey Adam..." whimpered a visibly upset Wally. "I expected you. Come in, but only bring one of those... Strangers. No one needs to see what I'm working on."

Without a second thought, Adam grabbed Cody and rushed inside, making sure to slam the door in Abigail's face before she could protest.

Inside the house, well, I should say lab, beakers and the usual science equipment were strewn across the room and, ironically enough, Adele's "Rolling In The Deep" was playing in the background. If you don't know the lyrics to get the reference, well, that's your fault.

"Gardevoir told me you guys picked up notes... Show me."

Adam quickly pulled the two out of his bag Cody gave him on the walk over. For some reason, the originally red bag looked black and smelled like vanilla, but Adam ignored that for now and just handed Wally the still folded notes.

"I see... Lemme read these out loud so everything sinks in." Wally said.

He then laid the first note on the table, obviously being written by Ms. Blake due to her characteristic purple ink.

Wally then cleared his throat and read the following aloud:
Today, I sense a great fear setting onto the town and region as a whole. What it may be, I have no clue, but I can only assume there are deaths and more danger than today to come. I hope someone can stop this and if this premonition is wrong then hey, this is just another silly note for the waste!

~Ms. B

"So..." Cody started. "You think she knew she would die?"

"Well, I've known her longer than you two. Let's just say I'm not the only one with a powerful, accurate Psychic around."

"So, if that's the case... Cody, I guess I'll need you if it's as bad as it sounds. What does Abigail have?"

"Just a Jigglypuff and she's flat broke..."

"Yeah, tell her to go home for her own sake." said Adam, slightly disgusted. "Wally, the other note?"

"Sure. This one is in all caps, so sorry if I accidentally yell it."

Wally read the following as well:

W.A.R., D.A.R.K., AND C.H.O.A.S ARE READY TO STORM THE COUNTRY, DROWNING OUT ALL BRATS. WHICHEVER GOODY GOODY READS THIS, BE WARNED THAT YOU WILL DIE.

~N"

Cody, flustered, started shaking from fear of getting blasted by some random explosive. To try something new, Adam cautiously put his arm around his back.

"You'll be OK Cody, I'll be damned if my only ally goes up in smoke. Now, Wally, I'm not the only ones seeing dots there, right?

"You'd be correct Adam, but I cannot confirm what the acronyms mean... Whatever it means, be prepped for anything: explosives, powerful teams, and the like."

"Thanks Wally... Oh, one more question. You saw the footage from this morning, what was that dark thing?"

"Oh, that? That's simply a dark shiny Mew clone that isn't Mewtwo, so it can still shapeshift. They all have a weak spot, you've just gotta find it and then they fall apart. Be warned though, after you found the spot from when it was Palkia, whoever is coming after you will beef the little guys up to have more protection."

"Understood. Come on Cody..."

"But I'm scared!!" whined Cody.

"Look, I have my arm around you, see? Just relax and you'll be fine."

While this whole conversation took place, Abigail whipped out her phone and texted N.

"It seems like they'll be headed to Mauville City soon."

She then got a text back reading "Perfect, I'll activate the time bombs.
~N"

Not the chapter ending you expected, huh? ;) Anyway, I hope the conversations and descriptions were alot better this go! Comments are always welcome so I can keep getting better! (Oh, and round of applause for my sarcasm anyone? XD)

RE: [PG-13] Love In Dangerous Times (Chapter 4 is up!)

The purple text doesn't seem necessary in this story, but regardless, keep up the great work! ^.^

RE: [PG-13] Love In Dangerous Times (Chapter 4 is up!)

Thank you very much! I guess I just used the color to show some of her personality and to give everyone's eyes a break from black.

Back