Lostgar [ Gengar (Prime) / Lost World ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
but if you can do the constant 140 then who cares if they recover you can still OHKO. the key to beating it is outspeed it or over power it...and one of those is almost impossible

Then, I'm going to start thinking about a Darkness deck xD
Is it possible to have Umbreon as a tech in any deck and make it work fast enough against Gengar? xDD
I think that a suitable way to defeat Gengar prime would be spread damage, winning because your opponent has no more benched pokemon...do you think this would be posible?

^well as a tech it might not work maybe if you do him and 2 Sp dark. i dont know about a spread deck against it because well it doesnt really matter what you do to there bench it mostly matters on killing the gengar in front of you. best bet is to use absol prime but that LZ's your own poke in the process so idk. absol G x is another option with a Sp dark it can OHKO gengar and then you have to discard a card from your hand and just discard a poke so the next gengar cant LZ it :D

spiritbomb. Lz does not focus on taking prizes, so you can slow them down a little while evolving your pokemon. Lots of collector to get eevee out, then evolve it. Maybe technical machine ts-1 once you evolve your bench till spiritbomb dies. Technically since the contents of your deck isn't public knowledge, you can choose to pull out less than 3 pokemon if your bench is getting full. Then throw in a ditto to lz whatever pokemon they have in their hands, make sure you get rid of whatever bts they have in play and use omastar to de-evolve that gengar for easier KO's. Throw in seekers to make them bring up poke's for your dittogar. Then palkia g x. Leave lz out for the counter so they'll think you can't play lz right and get surprised when you kill 'em

that might be one of the best ways to directly counter lostgar. But it won't really beat anything else, so top cutting will be hards if you don't face a single lostgar user.

The idea of Ditto for a mirror battle...maybe it could work for a tech, you could have 1 or 2 LW to win with their own strategy :)

good idea. but they would have started LZ poke before you. maybe if you can rapidly attack energies then you can beat them and put down your own LW but it would be pretty hard.

When B&W comes out Crush Hammer could help putting you ahead of energies and LZ pokemon...
Anyway, i think it could be interesting to give it a test.
Anyone knows a way to add psychic energy fast to a pokemon, like Feraligatr for W or something like that?
Another thing that could work may be Drifblim: hits and the gengar goes to the deck, so the opponent has to look for another one...

Your opponent will most likely have another Gengar out in play with at least one Energy attached to it when you use Take Away. So Drifblim doesn't exactly work.

the only quick way I can think of is to use Metang, but that's not that quick either. you'll have to use junk arm, which is fine and kinda good, but it's a stage 1. maybe use engineer's adjustments to be a slower, but better effect than junk arm in my opinion.

Well, later i just think that if there would be a cheap way to attach P energy, Gengar prime would use it already xDD
Metang has to use the attack, what means another turn for your opponent to LZ...
Maybe draw-control decks could hurt Gengar, so they cripple the deck and they cant play as they want.

Draw control like Sablelock does hurt it. Someone in my area made a good counter deck, but it fails to Luxchomp...
I think that States will be even this year with this deck not doing anything spectacular.

Oh man does this deck fail, at least in my testing. Gyarados beats it as long as instead of Sableye it runs Smeargle so you'll never be stuck with Magikarp in your hand at the end of the turn.

Beating the LostGar is simply a matter of getting a dark pokemon, able of OHKO'ing Lostgar with the appropriate nrg, into the active spot as rapidly as you can. If you to this within t3, and don't overload your bench in order to avoid Palkia G X, in addition of playing hand-thinners, I don't see Lostgar having a chance. Remember that even if your opponent uses HiD for the sixth pokemon, he or she is forced to wait for their next turn in order to declare themselves the winner with lost world. Meaning that you will get an additional turn to grab the sixth prize, an action without the one-round victory-delay;)

All you need to have in this matchup is either Junk Arm or Regice, or something that can discard Pokemon. Stealix can easily OHKO a Gengar Prime with Skuntank G, and that's all it takes to win. You just need to be able to either OHKO or 2HKO+Not let them LZ any pokemon too quickly.

For some reason I just cannot play this matchup with Luxray. ._. Just too many Level Xs...

dmaster out.

The deck will dominate for a short period of time, until people get tired of loosing to it and everyone will start playing counters. Luxchomp has been, still is, and will continue to win the most tournaments. Even though machamp was made to be a counter to it and other SPs, luxchomp continued to win and even occasionally beat machamp. Lostgar on the other hand will not be able to stand up to its counters as well as luxchomp. The reason for this is that a deck like luxchomp is very versatile and can win in many different ways, while lostgar only wins in one fashion. When everyone starts to realize how to stop its only way of winning the deck will fall due to not being able to adapt to situations as luxchomp can.

@jackandellie: That's very true, but Luxchomp's weaknesses is Gengar's resistance to Garchomp and once a Lux and a Chomp are in the LZ, it's pretty much game. Most people I know can only afford one Lux X in their deck, but I completely agree.

Yes only having one lux x instead of two in a deck substantially lowers the chances of the luxchomp player winning against lostgar. As for gengars resistance to garchomp I dont think that would be a huge problem, because garchomp can always snipe something else. It would be a hard matchup though. What I was really trying to say is regardless of witch deck would win when they face each other, I believe that luxchomp will rack up more wins in general due to being way more versatile, and being able to handle its counters.

Well, i think that one thing is missed here. Lostgar has room to put counters for its own counters, or to put support to keep gengar alive. It is just a matter of time that people plays something agains the counters.
I have seen Lostgar played, and it is really fast. Spiritomb TR almost grants 1-2 pokemon in hand, Gengar sets up really fast and i have seen Omastar MD that is helpful too. I have seen it loose against T-tar, but i think that something can be teched in against it.

we need a deck that can beat LostGar and its counters. maybe pokemon catcher will work...bring out a spiritomb, palkia, what ever....could work unless they use plume to -.-

edit: i just thought...should LostGar use jirachi UL and Mismagius UL (or is it UD i dont wanna go look lol) then you could bet up to 3 energies and move them to to gengar for an auto 4 poke in the LZ...it would have to be a little later game move though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back