Ruling Lost Zone Questions...

Monsterblood12

Aspiring Trainer
Is the lost zone that was introduced in the HGSS expansions still a rule in standard format? Also, do you take a prize when putting one of your opponents pokemon in the lost zone? I ask the because there is a trainer card that allows you to win the game if your opponent has 6 or more pokemon in thier lost zone, and if they did, wouldnt you win the game anyway? it doesnt make sense. Would post scan of it but im on mobile + i cant remember the name of card, i believeit was a stadium

There currently aren't any cards in Standard or Expanded format that refer to the Lost Zone. (At least according to http://www.pokepedia.net ).

You can look up what card you are talking about on there using a text search to find the name, and then post a scan when you can.

Angela Anuszewski said:
There currently aren't any cards in Standard or Expanded format that refer to the Lost Zone. (At least according to http://www.pokepedia.net ).

You can look up what card you are talking about on there using a text search to find the name, and then post a scan when you can.

81-lost-world.jpg

^When that card was legal, cards like Gengar Prime were legal. Gengar Prime put cards from your opponent's hand right into the lost zone. However, you aren't knocking anything out with the 1st attack, so you don't draw any prize cards, so even if you got 6 pokemon into the lost zone, you couldn't win the game until you actually got the stadium in play.

From a technical standpoint, the Lost Zone still "exists," as you can see if you play Pokemon TCG Online. There is a dedicated area for it (typically above your prize cards, but some players may opt to have it off the map entirely). In essense, it is like "removed from the game" in Magic: The Gathering, in the cards in the Lost Zone are removed from the field, yet not a part of the discard pile, so things that interact with the discard pile don't affect the Lost Zone and vise versa.

However, as of the Black and White series, there are no longer cards in Standard or Expanded rotation that interact with the Lost Zone, and it doesn't look like they'll be making more any time soon. So, unless you're playing Unlimited, there's no need to worry about it.

Back