Lost World Stadium - In New Set? Ultra Rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I have to disagree with every single comment in your post. First, why would you go to the trouble of putting an expert belt and two special darks on an umbreon when Absol G X plus a one special dark can OHKO Gengar or Giratina?

Second, Umbreon plus 2 special darks is not necessarily faster than gengar. Those special energy are hard to find sometimes. And some Gengar decks will lost zone a gengar and use mew as the attacker. By your logic a basic is faster than a stage 1.

Third, no one said Gengar was unbeatable. Its just that once it comes out, there will be three kinds of decks: Lost zone decks, counter lost zone decks, and decks that lose.

Fourth, Giratina is not as fast or as effective at lost zoning pokemon as gengar. It takes a long time to knock out stuff with 30 spread. and since giratina needs 4 energy for that attack, its going to take you 4-5 turns to set up, and 3-6 turns to knock out enough pokemon to win. And thats assuming they don't knock out Giratina. And yes, you have the 50 damage attack that lost zones, but that will take even longer. By turn 7, a well built lostgar deck should already have won.

I offered 0.99 for the card, auto declined. lol, also reported for intentionally misleading title. sux that he's sold quite a few, including luxuray X's.

I have also been reporting that regularly. I'm beginning to think that eBay doesn't even pay attention to the reports. Maybe if everyone reported him they would pay attention?

Guys, face it. LostGar will be BDIF. There aren't many ways to counter it either. What people are doing here is argueing, will we should test and find a good counter deck for LostGar.

amisheskimoninja said:
Third, no one said Gengar was unbeatable. Its just that once it comes out, there will be three kinds of decks: Lost zone decks, counter lost zone decks, and decks that lose.

There will still be Rogue, and decks that counter counter-decks.

Scizorliscious said:
Yeah, we need Zero to knock some sense into everyone (including me :p). What happened to him, anyways?

He was perma-banned.

How was he perma-banned? What'd he do???
As for me, I'll start building my counter-counter-counter-LZ deck for once Lost World comes out... see you at Worlds, where I'll be beating all those counter-counter-LZ decks. Won't THEY be surprised!
Seriously, though, even if it IS BDIF, the meta won't be that, counters, and loser decks. There will be other meta decks still. Here's how it works:
1. LostGar gets immensely popular.
2. People realize this.
3. Everyone builds counter-LostGar decks.
4. A good number of people who play LostGar realize there are so many counter decks that they make decks that are good against both LostGar and its counters, and this process continues, opening up the meta.
So, LostGar goes down in popularity because the level of popularity equals the level of countering. This leads to the deck going down in effectiveness, and then going down in popularity, meaning less people run counters because they don't play against LostGar as much. Of course, this leads to a rise in the popularity of LostGar, but not as much as at first, because some people have completely abandoned it. This entire process repeats, and eventually, it all evens out to some extent. Basically, it's like the economy.

Glaceon: There are more than enough solid counters to lostgar. Absol Prime (don't overuse,) Absol G Lv.X, Dialga G Lv.X and Dark Arceus Leveled up.

Absol prime is not, and never will be a good lost world counter. A lost gar player would be happy to let you knock them out for a pokemon in the lost zone. Thats the whole point of the deck. The rest are good counters, however. Whether they are fast enough remains to be seen.

@Azelf Master: Absol Prime helps LostGar, and most LostGars will have a DGX counter. Either way, how does DGX counter LostGar? Its not Gengar Prime body that make it good, it the first attack, allowing a T6 victory. Unless, of course, you opponent runs 0-0-2 Gengar Prime with 4 Mew. Still, most decks would have a DGX counter. I did forget about Dark Arceus.

The regular Dialga G could just Deafen the entire game, leaving you with only Cursed Droplets.

^Except LostGar wins if it comes down to that. Even unbelted against a belted DGX, it KOs the DGX in, what? 4 turns? That's plenty of time, especially while they're doing 30/turn (even if they KO the Gengar before the Dialga's KO'd, 4 turns is plenty of time to set up another Gengar to take its place).

I know someone who is playing luxchomp and they teched in a weavile g and a dark energy to 1 shot gengar prime, it works pretty well

^That takes a good amount of energy, though (even 2 is quite a bit), and unless he uses Special Dark (which can't be searched for with Cyrus) he needs all his Pokémon to be SP, meaning a full bench and no Uxie, Azelf, etc. I'd say just go with Absol G Lv.X; it's one of the most effective counters.

Weavile G with a full bench can do 70 damage with its second attack. Accounting for Weakness that is 140. It doesn't need a Belt, just a Gain. (Just saying.)

^Exactly, but that's if the ENTIRE bench is SP (no Uxie or Azelf). And then if you belt it otherwise, you can't use gain and you need a DCE.

Why is dark arceus being discussed as a lostgar counter? Lostgar will always be down on prizes. So the arceus will never have more than 20 damage before weakness.

What's wrong with running Umbretar against it? Stall with Umbreon using Moonlight Fang, setup T-Tar Prime, swing, among other shenanigans like I dunno heal in between turns with Nidoqueen RR?

^Moonlight Fang can't stall at all, because LostGar will be busy using its first attack at that point.
amisheskimoninja said:
Why is dark arceus being discussed as a lostgar counter? Lostgar will always be down on prizes. So the arceus will never have more than 20 damage before weakness.
I was under the impression that people were saying this to be used in an Arceus deck, where they could level it up and then use an attack of a different Arceus, that would work.

^If thats the case than Arceus counters all decks.

@glaceon: Lostgar never runs PGX. Your opponent won't be that stupid since it takes two turns to set up PGX. They'll just seeker or psychic restore uxies. Leaving a maximum of one pokemon put in the lost zone, which is no better than one of gengar's attacks.

^If thats the case than Arceus counters all decks.
Actually, it does, if you know exactly how to run the thing. You'd be surprised how scary it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back