News 'Lost Thunder,' America's November Set!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still processing this news. Holy moly... This sure is hell for collectors. I'm not even near completing all the previous sets:
- Sun & Moon (complete)
- Guardians Rising (complete)
- Burning Shadows (missing: SR Energies and SR Lycanroc)
- Crimson Invasion (missing: SR Water Energy)
- Ultra Prism (missing 8 full art, 4 HR, 3 SR items)
- Forbidden Light (don't get me started, although I have Beast Ring and Mysterious Treasure)
- Celestial Storm (booster box and stuff arrive today. )

Maybe I'll start a crowdfunding campaign for this set! (and maybe one to for the missing Gold Stars from previous sets).

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
As a collector, this mostly poses a storage challenge more than anything else. One set or two, they were all going to get collected regardless. If anything, I'm happy that I don't have to deal with two "only in product, no booster boxes" sets so close together. Those are way more expensive to deal with.

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
Sceptile-GX is a nice homage to the OG Mega Sceptile (aka my first real deck.) We will have to wait and see if it will be good!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Based on my pull rates I should quit today! I opened my Celestial Storm booster box and all I got where: Latias, Latios and Jirachi Prism Star, Articuno, Electrode and Alolan Raticate GX and Tate & Liza Full Art. Box full of crap! I hope Lost Thunder will be better for me....

Raven Zombie

Dark/Ghost Trainer
PLUS IF THEY FINALLY ADD FULL ART LADY OR MASKED ROYAL FOR ENGLISH (which is a pain cause they haven’t for a couple sets already)

i would bet that they will make a SM version of the XY super premium box with all the full arts we end up missing, near the end of the SM run.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Set completion just got harder. I'll still try (on TCGO anyway) but wow, definitely surprising to see such a big one. Wonder how many of those will be playable and if it'll be a GRI-tier shakeup of the meta, but we haven't even hit rotation yet so speculating on that seems a little premature (or too difficult).

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
Based on my pull rates I should quit today! I opened my Celestial Storm booster box and all I got where: Latias, Latios and Jirachi Prism Star, Articuno, Electrode and Alolan Raticate GX and Tate & Liza Full Art. Box full of crap! I hope Lost Thunder will be better for me....

Maybe Karma for making the crowdsourcing comment ;-)

_PokeMaster_

Playing the Pokémon TCG since Black and White
I wonder when they are going to make another base set. Isn’t sun and moon just getting old?

Anselm Sim

Aspiring Trainer
Deck Builders rejoice! So many possibilities with Zeraora / Rayquaza and Fairy Alolan Ninetales / Gardevoir all being available at the same time!

Gotta agree with @Jeff Stratford about the resulting bulk though... :confused:

Gardevoirgx

Aspiring Trainer
With SM4, a smaller set, they lowed the pull rate.
So I assume this time, the pull rate will be increased. XD

PrairieDoc21

Professor
Advanced Member
Glad the fairy rise cards are coming a little earlier, but that is a huge set. I hope the booster box pull rates reflect the size of the set...