Lost BW77 and BW78 Promo Cards Finally Revealed [7/21]

Hmm. That's interesting. I've never seen something like this happen before. It's a shame they were never released, because the artwork is phenomenal on both cards. I kinda wish I had them now. ;-;

Machamp The Champion said:
Hmm. That's interesting. I've never seen something like this happen before. It's a shame they were never released, because the artwork is phenomenal on both cards. I kinda wish I had them now. ;-;

Ye, it hurts my Pikachu/Raichu collection

Machamp The Champion said:

I agree. The artwork is bright and popping with the flowers in the background. These cards looked really good and it's a shame they'll never see the light of day...

This happened in Japan with some other BW promos, too. (Ironically, also a Pikachu card. Not this Pikachu, though.)

But honestly, BW just lasted waaaaay too long. I'm okay with seeing two less cards to go after.

^lol? BW lasted 3 years, one year less than Gen 3 or 4....

Also, what you think you're referring to are the Emolga and Druddigon cards that were supposed to be given at some tournament but were cancelled due to the earthquake of early 2011...

It's nice to know what these should have been. And IMO could still be. Think how easy it would be to run these through, get them printed, and release them in something like a one or three pack blister with maybe a combo of three of the more recent BW sets, like the plasma ones. Anyone who wants these cards for whatever their reason (mine being the promo binder I have) would get them so it might've been worth it.

Ah well, *sigh*

And yes, the Druddigon and Emolga promos were cancelled in Japan due to the earthquake (and I believe) tidal wave thing. I remember these two being top contenders in my mind for what could have been the promos, along with Therian formes of Tornadus and Thundurus like the Plasma Therian Landorus that was BW76.

ExoByte on Pokegym said that there is zero chance of these being distributed, which is a real shame.

Why they decided to package blisters with random reprints like Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise instead of two unique promos that they were fully capable of making is beyond me, though.

Raichu never got a break within the 15 years it's been since prerelease Raichu was printed? Huh.

It's a good point, put them in the Venusaur/Blastoise/Charizard EX tins coming out this...October I think. Just as Meloetta's first cards were in tins.

I agree, I don't know why they couldn't just be placed in random blisters. I personally feel these should be released in some form but it's beyond my abilites, or anyone else for that matter. Unless someone here has mastered time travel.

Technically legal to proxy these for a Pokemon League that allows unlimited format/proxies >v>

They obviously have tons of these printed and sitting around, are they just going to destroy them? It seems like a waste.

Back