TCG Fakes Lost Auras Awakened Text-Based Set - (New "Awakened Pokémon" Mechanic)

This would be an excellent time to reprint Max Revive...hmm...

Cards. I should start writing the story for this set. Eh, there are still cards to come.

Drilbur - Fighting - 60HP
Basic

[F] Excavate: Discard the top card of yours or your opponent's deck. If that card is a Pokémon, you can discard another card.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Excadrill - Metal - 100HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Drilbur

[M] Deep Tunnelling: Discard as many cards from your hand as you like. Then, search your deck for the same number of [M] Energy and attach them to this Pokémon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M][C][C] Drill Run: 50 damage. If damage from this attack Knocks Out the Defending Pokémon, you may attack again after your opponent chooses a new Active Pokémon.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Tynamo - Lightning - 50HP
Basic

[L] Group Charge: Attach 1 [L] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon for each Tynamo on your Bench.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Eelektrik - Lightning - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Tynamo

Ability: Energize
When you attach a [L] Energy from your hand to this Pokémon, this Pokémon can attack twice during the turn that you attached the Energy.

[L][C] Volt Siphon: 30 damage. Heal 20 damage from this Pokémon.

Resistance:

Eelektross - Lightning - 120HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Eelektrik

Ability: Turbo Discharge
During your turn, (after your attack,) if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, either discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon, or do 20 damage to each of your Benched Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[L][L] Zap Cannon: 20+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to this Pokémon and your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Spiritomb (S.Aura) - Dark - 70HP
Basic

Shadow Aura (After you use this effect, send this card to the Spirit Dimension)
Spirit Seal: You can only use this effect by sending this card to the Spirit Dimension immediately after it is removed from your Bench (during yours or your opponent's turn). Neither player can play Item cards from his or her hand until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[D] Ominous Wind: 20 damage. If this Pokémon is Knocked Out during your opponent's next turn, during your next turn, the attacks of your [P] Pokémon do 20 more damage to the Defending Pokémon. (before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

Weakness:
Resistance:

Spark Energy
Special Energy

This card can only be attached to [L] Pokémon. This card provides [L] Energy only while this card is attached to a [L] Pokémon.

Prevent all damage to your Pokémon by the attacks of the [L] Pokémon this card is attached to.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a [L] Pokémon, discard this card.)

Last edited:
Wow, I really like the idea of Omnious Wind! It is a really interesting design space and way of getting back in the game for stall decks. I could see the effect working really well on a card that likes to just sit Active, such as a Sand Slammer Flygon/Aura Spiritomb hybrid.

I like Eelektross quite a bit too.

Also wording stuff:

"you can discard" ---> "you may discard"
Negate ---> Prevent
I also think Drill Run should be worded as "If damage from this attack Knocks Out [...]".
I [f]eel like Eelektross' Ability should activate in between turns, as during turns is generally a more optional thing, at least with the wording you have. Eitherway, the Ability feels optional because it is worded in the same structure as an optional Ability, but it's really minor. :p

By the way, if for any reason anyone wants to make fakes of these, you have my full permission - I'd love to see my cards as physical ones!

I would actually really love to, but I'm not sure yet how to integrate the Aura/Awakened mechanics yet. I have a few ideas, but it might be a little while before I have anything to show for it, especially considering my free time these days. :p

I [f]eel like Eelektross' Ability should activate in between turns, as during turns is generally a more optional thing, at least with the wording you have. Eitherway, the Ability feels optional because it is worded in the same structure as an optional Ability, but it's really minor. :p

I did think about that, but I didn't want to make it between every turn because that would be too much of a downside for Eelektross. I balanced it knowing I'd made Clemont's Machine in the previous set (basically Dark Patch for Electric) and thought the attack was good enough to have a bit of a downside.

Thanks for your comments as always!

I would actually really love to, but I'm not sure yet how to integrate the Aura/Awakened mechanics yet. I have a few ideas, but it might be a little while before I have anything to show for it, especially considering my free time these days. :p

I would be happy to see your interpretation! The Awakened text might be a little problematic, simply because there's so much of it, but I think there should be space on a card for it.

Okay, getting closer to the end now...only a few updates to go.

Today is apparently Dragon day...because I forgot to space them out in other updates! Oh well.

Dratini - Dragon - 60HP
Basic

Ability: Miracle Scales
If this Pokémon is affected by a Special Condition, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Pokémon.

[G][L] Twister: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If Heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance:

Dragonair - Dragon - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Dratini

Ability: Shed Skin
Once during your turn (before your attack), you can discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, heal 50 damage from it.

[G][L][L] Dragon Rage: 40+ damage. If this Pokémon was damaged by an attack during your opponent's last turn, this attack does 40 more damage.

Resistance:

Dragonite - Dragon - 140HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Dragonair

Ability: Swoop In
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to Evolve 1 of your Benched Pokémon, you can switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon.

[G][L] Sonic Blast: 50 damage. Your opponent can't play any Item cards from his or her hand during his or her next turn. Return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

Resistance:

Palkia (S.Aura) - Dragon - 120HP
Basic

Radiant Aura (After you use this effect, send this card to the Spirit Dimension)
Dimension Warp: You can activate this effect during your opponent's turn. If you or your opponent puts 1 Pokémon into the discard pile, the Spirit Dimension, or shuffles it into their deck, you can send that Pokémon to 1 of the other zones instead.

[W][W][G][C] Spatial Tear: 70 damage. You can add 1 of your cards from the Spirit Dimension to your hand.

Resistance:

Awakened Rayquaza - Dragon - 140HP
Awakened Pokémon - Put onto Rayquaza

A-Condition: Send 1 Groudon and 1 Kyogre from your Bench to the Spirit Dimension.

Awakened Aura (You cannot use this effect if you have used the A-Condition to play this Pokémon.)
Air Lock: While this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, all Benched Pokémon have no Abilities.

[R][R][L] Ozone Pulse: 110 damage. You can choose 1 of your opponent's [R], [W] or [L] Pokémon. Your opponent shuffles that Pokémon and all cards attached into his or her deck. Then, shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached into your deck.

Resistance:

Climate Change Cataclysm
Supporter
You can only play this card if it is the first card you play during your turn.

Discard 3 cards from your hand. Until the end of your next turn, neither player can draw cards from his or her deck by playing any cards or activating any effects.

Last edited:
Very nice! You seem to be using "can" instead of "may" a lot, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Climate Change is very interesting. It feels very powerful considering that it the three card discard could be nullified somewhat easily with the right card inclusions, meaning it is a HUGE blow on your opponent. It may be worthwhile to add a restriction text that says something about the card not being able to be used unless it is the first card you played and you haven't activated any Abilities.

I will keep an eye out for the mays. Also changed CCC to your first suggestion - I think that since it locks you too, the second stipulation may not be as necessary. But I guess you couldn't find out unless these cards were played for real.

Probably the penultimate update! Thanks for sticking with me for this long.

Cradily-F - Grass - 120HP
Pokémon-F

[G] Hyperpollinate: You may put up to 2 [G] Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench.

[G][C][C] Neurodrain: 50 damage. If the defending Pokémon is Poisoned, heal from this Pokémon the amount of damage done to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Resistance: Water (-20)
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Lucario - Metal - 100HP
Basic

Ability: Aura Detect
Once during your turn (before your attack,) if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may use this Ability. Your opponent reveals his or her hand. If there are any Aura Pokémon there, draw 2 cards.

[M][C] Aura Sphere: 20+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each Aura Pokémon on your Bench.

Resistance:

Pal Pad
Item
Discard two cards from your hand. (If you can't discard 2 cards, you can't play this card.) Search your deck for 3 Supporter cards, reveal them, then put 1 of those Supporter cards into your hand. Discard the other cards.

Turbulent Ocean
Stadium
Once during your turn (before your attack,) you may heal 30 damage from each of your [W] Pokémon.

Last edited:
Last one for Friday. With the battle between Aura Groudon and Aura Kyogre brought to a sudden end with the Awakening of Rayquaza, Cyrus reveals himself and unleashes an attack on the Dragon Pokemon with his Yveltal. The battle is tough, but eventually, Yveltal's Aura overflows and...!

Awakened Yveltal - Dark - 140HP
Awakened Pokémon - Put onto Yveltal

A-Condition: Send 3 or more [D] Pokémon to the Spirit Dimension at once.

Awakened Aura (You cannot use this effect if you have used the A-Condition to play this Pokémon.)
Chaos Attractor: When you play this Pokémon to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may put 1 of your [D] Pokémon from the Spirit Dimension onto your Bench.

[D][D][D] Dark Terminus: 60+ damage. You may Knock Out 1 of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 100 more damage, then shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached into your deck.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Cyrus's Master Plan Begins!
Supporter
You can play this card even if you have played a Supporter card this turn.

Discard 2 Pokémon from your hand. Then, send 2 cards from yours or your opponent's discard pile to the Spirit Dimension.

Empty Space
Stadium
The number of cards in the Spirit Dimension is treated as 0. (Any effects, Abilities and all other cards that require each player to send cards to the Spirit Dimension may still be activated).

Hopefully I've posted everything from my Notepad doc. Either way, set complete! Just got the story to write now. Thanks again for reading!

Last edited:
Back