TCG Fakes Lost Auras Awakened Text-Based Set - (New "Awakened Pokémon" Mechanic)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
First set - Spirit Dimensions
Second set - Ancient Resonance

First of all, I hope it's ok to create individual topics for each of my sets - if not, I'll just make this the master post for all future updates.

Second, this is the third set in my own little format, containing my new mechanics such as Aura Pokemon, Fossil Pokemon and, the latest (and last, so as not to over-saturate), Awakened Pokemon. I've put two links at the top of this post so that you can catch up on how Aura and Fossil mechanics work in my sets.

I've also written a couple of little stories for my first two sets, and will be writing a story for this one, too. The theme for this set concerns a great battle, as Aura Pokemon become far more powerful and various teams attempt to take control of them. As a result, cards in this set may be a little more "aggressive" than previously, based a lot around disruption and power.

Well, here we go. Hope you enjoy.

These Pokémon are similar to Pokémon LV.X or BREAK Pokémon. There are two ways of getting the Pokémon into play - either by fulfilling an "A-Condition" on the card to play it straight from your hand or discard pile onto the Bench, or by playing it onto the Pokémon as if it were an evolution (known as "Awakening"). They possess an Awakened Aura effect and an attack, but the Awakened Aura effect can only be used if the Pokémon has been played onto its predecessor.

Unlike the top 2 examples from the TCG, Awakened Pokémon cannot use the abilities or attacks from their previous incarnations - except, of course, by using a card like Aura Celebi. Like a Pokémon-EX, When an Awakened Pokémon is Knocked Out, the player that Knocked it Out takes 2 Prizes.

Exploring the depths of the "Mysterious Forest" of Kalos, "Riley" comes across a strange sensation in the air. Investigating further, he uncovers bizarre rock formations and stones that don't look like any he's ever seen before. Collecting some samples to take for further analysis, he is shocked by the emergence of "Xerneas" from the trees, surrounded by an intense Aura. Having heard about the recent conflict with Team Flare, he is perplexed to see Xerneas active again so soon. Sure enough, a dark aura follows, and he spies "Yveltal" flying above, its eye cast on the ground...

Riley, concerned by this development, gets in touch with "Professor Sycamore," who has been keeping an eye on the area following Lysandre's disappearance. He theorises that the stones Riley found are similar to Mega Stones, and could help awaken latent abilities in Pokemon. Since it is so similar to the power he has studied for so long, Riley dubs it "aura" and Sycamore agrees, referring to the stones as "Aura Stones." Riley thinks of his old friend Lucario, who left him to trace his own path in the world, and how much Lucario would help him with the new developments.

As time goes on, more and more reports come in of Pokemon displaying unusual abilities all over the world. Pokemon such as "Gengar," "Tropius" and "Entei" are sighted displaying incredible abilities and power. This coincides with the re-awakening of the "Weather Trio" in Hoenn, leading to a battle so strong that it "breaks the skies" over the region. Even "Ho-oh" has made appearances, more frequently than usual, flying through the skies.

However, with the arrival of this great power comes those that wish to seize it. Team Rocket and Team Galactic have risen from the ashes, with "Cyrus" somehow making a reappearance as its leader. Skirmishes between the two groups begin to break out across the formerly peaceful Kalos, the conflict drawing the attention of a mysterious Pokemon...

Having been away from the world stage, "Team Plasma" appear once more, with new research regarding Aura - this powerful force only comes into play when a Pokemon is in danger or fainted, causing it to revive with renewed energy. This goes entirely against Team Plasma's worldview, and they view its research as a form of abuse. While Riley and Sycamore feel that there is more to this power, Team Plasma set about their plan regardless, attempting to seize control of the Mysterious Forest in order to aid their "liberation" of Pokemon. They use tools such as the "Aura Charger" and "Aura-Detecting Machine" to lead them to Pokemon that already have their Auras activated, in order to aid and use them in their mission.

However, Team Rocket and Team Galactic, having formed an "Uneasy Truce," launch an attack on the Mysterious Forest, causing Team Plasma to retreat with haste. They come across the battling Yveltal and Xerneas and manage to subdue and capture them, with Cyrus taking control of Yveltal. However, while his back is turned, Team Rocket launch a "Surprise Attack," soon gaining the upper hand with their Xerneas. As the battle intensifies, the Pokemon's Auras rage out of control, before "Zygarde," who has been watching from the shadows, emerges and uses his own Aura to nullify theirs. The titanic clash causes an echo across the entire world, prompting all teams to retreat and regroup.

The battle over, the world temporarily returns to an uneasy peace, with Sycamore and Riley teaming up to further study the Aura effects. Sycamore is concerned by the resurgence in the teams previously believed to be dismantled - especially since Cyrus was believed to have been trapped in the Distortion World. This brings new hope to Sycamore's mind - perhaps a friend that he formerly thought to be gone forever might still be around...

Meanwhile, having watched the battle, "Hoopa" (Bound) retreats into one of its dimensional rings in the Mysterious Forest, planning some more mischief...

After the initial battle, things have settled down somewhat in the Pokemon world. "Fossil Researchers," able to go about their work without fear of enemy team attacks, begin to investigate the Aura potential of various "Fossils," seeing if it is possible to awaken Aura abilities in something that has been dead for many years. Institutions such as the "Devon Corporation" adapt their "Fossil Revival Machine," using the power of Aura to reinvigorate Fossils at a swifter rate.

This work has attracted the time-travelling Pokemon "Celebi," who was itself curious about the destinies of ancient Pokemon. Sycamore and the other professors, who have called a conference to discuss Aura with Riley, express their concerns that the awakening of so many Legendary Pokemon may prove hazardous to the world. They also call upon the "Gym Leaders" of each region to be vigilant against any new threat.

However, they aren't the only threat. In the shadows, "Team Flare" have begun their activities again, using technology stolen from the Devon Corporation to revive the ancient weapon "Genesect." Using it, they carry out various heists, stealing more and more technology and developing further Aura tools, such as the "Aura Nullifier," which they use to disable opposing Pokemon Auras, and the "Aura-Powered Ball," which boosts the Aura of any Pokemon held within the ball. Soon, the Team is recruiting disenfranchised members from teams Rocket and Galactic (who have gone into hiding following the initial conflict), growing in size as a result.

The Team's greatest feat is to overpower and capture Celebi, using its power to poach some of the most prized material of all - the genetic material that went into creating "Mewtwo." They are able to re-create Mewtwo, but make a fatal error by attempting to infuse it with Aura - the resulting experiment is an insane war machine that drains the Aura from others. Breaking out of the "Team Flare Base," Mewtwo begins its rampage.

The Kalos Gym Leaders combine to try and stop the threat, but Mewtwo's vicious abilities cause the Aura in Pokemon to go berserk - for every Pokemon they defeat, more arise in their place. Just when it looks bad, the tide is turned by the arrival of Pokemon-F such as "Aurorus," "Bastiodon" and "Kabutops," whose lack of Aura abilities render them impervious to Mewtwo's power. Slowly, but surely, they begin to wear Mewtwo down.

Meanwhile, in the destroyed Team Flare laboratory, Celebi's out-of-control powers attract "Dialga" from across time, who takes pity on Celebi and frees it. Celebi explains the situation and the two of them set off into the past, searching for a way to placate the raging Mewtwo. In the present, Mewtwo has exhausted its strength dealing with the Fossil Pokemon, but has still managed to gain the upper hand. He immobilises the Gym Leaders with his psychic power, but before he can do anything more, "Lance" arrives with a freshly-revived "Aerodactyl" and begins to battle.

Mewtwo puts up a good fight, but Lance soon manages to beat him down. Just before Lance and Aerodactyl can defeat Mewtwo, however, the creature explodes with power, almost fully reviving itself. "Clemont" tells Lance that he has taken readings on his own Aura-Detecting Machine- when it is on the brink of defeat, it uses Aura to boost beyond its body's limits and will continue to do so until its death. Mewtwo is ready to fight again when Celebi and Dialga return from through time with "Mew," who uses its genetic link with Mewtwo to counter its attacks and eventually contain it in a psychic bubble, defeating it.

As Mew takes Mewtwo to a safe place, the rest of the group takes time to recover. Having watched transmissions of the battle, Sycamore, the professors and Riley are more sure than ever that the power of Aura is a tempestuous thing, and that they haven't seen the worst of it yet. All have a feeling that an even greater conflict is on the horizon...

Meanwhile, at the summit of Mount Silver, the legendary trainer "Red" watches a meteor - "Deoxys" - fall to Earth. In Unova, atop the Dragonspiral Tower, N also watches the meteor, and feels a great power rising as "Kyurem, Reshiram and Zekrom" awaken once more.

Last edited:

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
To better depict the Awakening mechanic, time for an example of an Awakened Pokemon - and some others, of course.

Awakened Pyroar - Fire - 130HP
Awakened Pokémon

A-Condition: Remove 2 Moxie Counters from one of your Pyroar.

Awakened Aura (You cannot use this effect if you have used the A-Condition to play this Pokémon.)
Incinerate: When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you may send 2 Pokémon Tools attached to any of your opponent's Pokémon to the Spirit Dimension.

[R][R][C] Regal Pyre: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage for each Prize card you have taken.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Sudowoodo - Fighting - 100HP
Basic

Ability: Hidden Forest
While this Pokémon is in your deck, hand or discard pile, it is treated as a [G] type.

[F][C] Imitate: If 1 of your [F] or [G] Pokémon attacked last turn, you can use that attack as this attack.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Stantler - Normal - 80HP
Basic

Ability: Bewildering Antlers
If this Pokémon is on your Bench and becomes your Active Pokémon, you can leave the Defending Pokémon Confused.

[C][C] Imprison Horn: 30 damage. The Defending Pokémon cannot retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Lure Ball
Item
Search your deck for a Pokémon that is the same type as 1 of your opponent's Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
First off, making a new thread for each set is fine, providing they're not made like a week after each other. :p

I quite like the idea of these Awakened Mechanics. However, I'm a bit confused about how the Aura works. It says that it "cannot" be used if the A Condition is met, but isn't the way of getting the Pokemon in play by meeting the A Condition? Also, I think you need to specify how the Pokemon evolves/is placed. Is it placed on the Pyroar, or on the Bench?

I really like Sudowoodo's Ability! It's very unique and allows for some interesting deck choices. For wording, it should simply be (unless you want it to be [F] in the Spirit Dimension and Prize Cards, and then you'd keep the appropriate wording from before): "As long as this Pokémon is not in play, this Pokémon is [G] type."

Stantler also has a really neat Ability! However, I'm not 100% sure if you got some of the Ability wording correct, as it depends on what exactly you are thinking activates it. The current wording means that the Ability will only activate if Stantler is "pulled" (like by Lysandre) from the bench or "pushed/switched" (like by Escape Rope or Switch). You could however change wording from "is switched with" to "becomes", which not only includes pull/push effects, but also when it simply fills the Active slot if your Active is Knocked Out.
Either way, "If this Pokemon on your Bench" should be "If this Pokemon is on your Bench and". Also, instead of "you can use this Ability. The Defending Pokémon is now Confused." you should use "you may leave your opponent's Active Pokemon Confused."

Finally, very nice idea for Lure Ball. It works well flavourly. :)
Also, "type" is never captilised.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for your quick response and critique as always! Let's go 1 by 1.

re: Awakened Aura - You can either use the A-Condition to get the Pokemon in play quickly (so you would remove 2 Moxie Counters, then play the Awakened Pokemon from your hand or discard instantly, like Maxie or Archie's) or you can evolve one of your Pyroar into Awakened Pyroar like playing a Break. You can only use the Awakened Aura if you evolve using the latter method. Does that make a bit more sense? I can update the OP if you can think of a better wording for it.

re: Sudowoodo - Yeah, I only wanted its Ability to have an effect when it was in the deck. So it's if Sudowoodo is blending in with all your other cards - which, if it's face-down in the deck, it is!

re: Stantler - Your wording is correct, I just wanted it to activate whenever it moves from the Bench to the Active slot. Made the changes!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
To be mechanically correct, I would probably write the following on the cards:

Awakened Pyroar - Fire - 130HP
Awakened Pokémon - Put onto Pyroar [Lv.X wording]/Evolves from Pyroar [BREAK wording]

A-Condition: You may remove 2 Moxie Counters from 1 of your Pyroar to put this Pokémon from your hand or discard pile onto your Bench.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I've gone with the former - it just seems to fit better to me.

Today's update (will probably update once every 2 days);

Zapdos (S. Aura) - Lighting - 100HP
Basic

Shadow Aura (After you use this effect, send this card to the Spirit Dimension)
Thunderstorm: Until the end of your opponent's next turn, all damage done to your [L] Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[L][L][C] Thunder Impact: 80 damage. This Pokémon does 50 damage to itself.

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Cresselia - Psychic - 100HP
Basic

[C] Aurora's Blessing: 20 damage. Until the end of your next turn, any Pokémon sent to the Spirit Dimension is put into the Discard pile instead.

[P][P] Farewell to Nightmares: 40 damage. You can use this attack even if this Pokémon is Asleep.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance:

Carbink - Fairy - 70HP
Basic

Ability: Hibernating Jewel
Once during your turn, (before your attack,) if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you can shuffle it and all cards attached into your deck. Then, draw 1 card.

[Y][C] Gemstone Burst: 30+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each [Y] Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: Steel (x2)
Resistance: Dark (-20)

Alluring Perfume
Pokémon Tool
When you attach a [Y] Energy from your hand to the Pokémon that this card is attached to, you may search your deck for a [Y] Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Carbink will need a bit of clarification on what to do with any cards that may be attached to it. You can find some wording on the Celebi Promo. Also "can" should be "may".

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yeah, somehow I forgot that stipulation on Carbink.

New cards;

Wording on this Armaldo will probably be off. Hopefully people get the gist.
Armaldo-F - Grass - 120HP
Pokémon-F

Ability: Battle Armour
If any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks would be increased or decreased by any effects on the the Attacking Pokémon, prevent that damage.

[G][C] Pulveriser Claw: 40+ damage. If the Defending Pokémon has any Damage Counters on it, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Rock (x2)
Resistance:

Magmar - Fire - 90HP
Basic

[R] Heat Focus: Attach a [R] Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon.

[R][R] Incineration Wave: 30 damage. Discard any Stadium card in play.

Resistance:

Magmortar - Fire - 110HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Magmar

Ability: Vaporiser
If this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, the attacks of your opponent's [W] Pokemon cost [C] more.

[R][R][R] Twincinerator: 50+ damage. If this Pokémon has the same amount of Energy attached as a Magmortar on your Bench, this attack does 50 more damage.

Resistance:

Unown - Psychic - 60HP
Basic

Ability: Lost Letter
If this card is discarded, you can send it to the Spirit Dimension to draw 1 card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage for each Unown you have in play.

Resistance:

Dragon Shrine
Stadium
The Retreat Cost of each [N] Pokémon in play is 0.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wow, there's a lot of interesting twists and new effects you've designed just in that post alone! I would be considered that the Magmar family is a bit powerful, as [R][R] for 50 on a Basic is quite powerful, while Magmortor's ability feels a bit cruel considering it is stackable. For the ability, I personally would make it so it only activates when Magmortor is active or steal Gardevoir NXD's "you can only apply 1" wording.

A nice wording option for Armaldo could be [Ref: Noivern FuF, Clamperl PRC, Chandelure PHF, Tyrantrum-EX]: "If any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks would be increased or decreased by any effects on the the Attacking Pokémon, prevent that damage."

This way, you don't need to write the "Weakness or Resistance" clause, nor does it cause Armaldo to be invulnerable if it was to have something like a Hard Charm attached.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Haha yeah, I forgot to add that bit to Magmortar. Poor Water decks. It was only meant to activate when it's active, so I'll add that. Will also change Magmar a bit...and yep, that's good wording for Armaldo so I'll change that too. This set in general might need some powering down, because there are some ridiculous effects in here.

Today's stuff;

Manaphy (R.Aura) - Water - 70HP
Basic

Radiant Aura (After you use this effect, place this card in the Spirit Dimension)
Wonder Bond: When 1 of your [W] Pokémon is Knocked Out, you may put that Pokémon on your Bench. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokémon.) If you do, attach a [W] Energy card from your hand to that Pokémon.

[W][W] Water Pulse: 40 damage. Heal 20 HP from each of your Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance:

Jigglypuff - Fairy - 70HP

[Y] Fairy Lullaby: The Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

Wigglytuff - Fairy - 110HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Jigglypuff

Ability: Tuff Gang
The attacks of this Pokémon do 10 more damage for each Wigglytuff on your Bench. (before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[Y][C] Fairy Wave: 10+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokémon on your Bench.

Chingling - Psychic - 50HP
Basic

[P] Rattle Reverb: 20 damage.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance:

Chimecho - Psychic - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Chingling

Ability: Misguiding Chimes
Each player can't play any cards or activate any Abilities or effects that would move Aura Pokémon from the discard pile to a different zone.

[P][C] Psywave: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If Heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance:

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Manaphy's Radiant Aura should be worded as [Ref: Celebi Promo; Rescue Scarf]:
When 1 of your [W] Pokémon is Knocked Out, you may put that Pokémon on your Bench. (Discard all cards attached to that Pokémon.) If you do, attach a [W] Energy card from your hand to that Pokémon.

For Wigglytuff's Tuff Gang, you'd need to make the effect more generalised. If a Pokemon would theoretically copy the Ability, or use something like Shrine of Memories, the 10x more would be a confusing application on a generic Pound 10 damage attack. To fix this, you could go about wording in two ways. Firstly, you can make the effect extremely specific:

"This Pokémon's Fairy Wave Attack does 10 more damage for each Wigglytuff on your Bench (before applying Weakness and Resistance).", or you can simply remove the "Fairy Wave" part, make "Attack" lowercase and plural-ise "attack" for a more general effect.

And a few minor things:
You heal damage not HP.
Don't captilise "heads".
"Place" should be "zone".

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Did some alterations to Wigglytuff so that everything's "+" damage instead. I agree, that would make it a lot less unnecessarily complex.

Long time no update. Been too busy lately...

Unown - Psychic - 60HP
Basic

Ability: Lost Letter
If this card is discarded, you can send it to the Spirit Dimension to draw 1 card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage for each Unown you have in play.

Resistance:

Omastar-F - Water - 130HP
Pokémon-F

[W] Spike Cannon: 20x damage. Reveal your hand. This attack does 20 damage for each [W] Energy revealed.

[W][C] Evo-Spiral: 50 damage. You can devolve 1 of your Benched Pokémon and put the highest-stage Evolution card into your hand.

Resistance:

Machop - Fighting - 60HP
Basic

[F][C] Drag Down: Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. This attack does 30 damage to the new Active Pokémon.

Resistance:

Machoke - Fighting - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Machop

Ability: Muscle Spark
If you activate the Aura effect of a Radiant Aura Pokémon, this Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage until the end of your turn. (before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[F][C][C] Massive Suplex: 50+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

Resistance:

Machamp - Fighting - 130HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Machoke

[F] Low Kick: 20 damage. If the Defending Pokémon has 3 or less damage counters on it, you may attack again.

[F][C] Hecaton Pummel: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Damage Counter on the Defending Pokémon. If this attack does 60 or more damage in this way and your opponent's Active Pokemon is not Knocked Out, you may attack again.

[F][F][C] Machamp Buster: 40+ damage. If this Pokémon did 50 or more damage during this turn, this attack does 50 more damage.

Resistance:

Looker's Report
Item
If your opponent has an Awakened Pokémon in play and you do not, draw 2 cards.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I know I don't usually have much to say about your cards (as a collector only these days, I'm not deep enough into the game to really get the nuances of the gameplay stuff you're doing), but I do want to take the opportunity to stop and let you know how much I appreciate your cards, especially the backstory and in-depth look at the various new mechanics and things. I was very happy to see that you'd started a new set thread while I was on vacation. I think you're my favourite text-faker here. :D Looking forward to seeing more work.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I know I don't usually have much to say about your cards (as a collector only these days, I'm not deep enough into the game to really get the nuances of the gameplay stuff you're doing), but I do want to take the opportunity to stop and let you know how much I appreciate your cards, especially the backstory and in-depth look at the various new mechanics and things. I was very happy to see that you'd started a new set thread while I was on vacation. I think you're my favourite text-faker here. :D Looking forward to seeing more work.

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts, I really appreciate it. I always like to do things differently to normal, hence why I've added stories and always try weird new mechanics. I'm glad you can find something to like in my work even if you aren't familiar with the gameplay.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Well since I have time, I will post some more cards;

Combee - Grass - 50HP
Basic

Ability: Gather Honey
Once during your turn, (before your attack,) you can attach a [G] Energy from your discard pile to one of your

Benched Vespiquen.

[G] Tiny Stinger: 10 damage. Flip a coin. If Heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:

Vespiquen - Grass - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Combee

Ability: Attack Order
Once during your turn (before your attack,) you can switch this Pokémon with a different Vespiquen in your hand. (Any cards attached to this Pokémon, damage counters and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.) If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, the attacks of the Vespiquen you played from your hand do 20 more damage to the defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[G][C][C] Royal Command: 50+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Energy attached to your Benched Combee and Vespiquen.

Resistance:

Vespiquen - Grass - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Combee

Ability: Defend Order
Once during your turn (before your attack,) you can switch this Pokémon with a different Vespiquen in your hand. (Any cards attached to this Pokémon, damage counters and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.) If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, any damage done to the Vespiquen you played from your hand is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance.)

[G][C] Bee Turn: 30 damage. Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat:

Lugia (R.Aura) - Normal - 110HP
Basic

Radiant Aura (After you use this effect, send this card to the Spirit Dimension)
Unstoppable Gale: Until the end of your next turn, whenever yours or your opponent's Active Pokémon switches to the Bench, that Pokémon and all cards attached to it are returned to its owner's hand instead.

[C][C][C] Storm's Eye: 20+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [R], [L] and [W] Pokémon in play.

Awakened Hippowdon - Fighting - 140HP
Awakened Pokémon - Put onto Hippowdon

A-Condition: Have 3 in any combination of Hippopotas or Hippowdon in play.

Awakened Aura (You cannot use this effect if you have used the A-Condition to play this Pokémon.)
Sandstream: When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you can discard any Stadium card in play. If you do, while this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent can't play any Stadium cards from his or her hand.

[F][F][C] Sand Howitzer: 110 damage. This attack does 20 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon that have any damage counters on them.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

The Champions Return
Supporter
If you have 6 Pokémon in play, you can search your deck for 3 Pokémon, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for all the likes! More cards...

Rattata - Normal - 30HP
Basic

[C] Scavenger Hunt: Put 1 Item card from your discard pile into your hand.

Resistance:

Raticate - Normal - 70HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Rattata

Ability: Savage Instincts
If your opponent's Active Pokemon has only 10 HP remaining and is Knocked Out by damage from an attack of this Pokemon, take 1 more Prize card.

[C][C] Tear Off: 20 damage. Discard a Pokemon Tool attached to the Defending Pokemon. If you do, switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Resistance:

Marill - Fairy - 60HP
Basic

[C] Splash: 10 damage. Heal 10 damage from this Pokémon.

Azumarill - Fairy - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Marill

Ability: Big Bulk
Your opponent cannot switch this Benched Pokémon with your Active Pokémon.

[Y][Y][C] Spring Crusher: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage for each [C] in this Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

Durant - Metal - 70HP
Basic

Ability: Intrusive Tunnelling
Once during your turn (before you attack), if this Pokémon is in your discard pile, you may shuffle it into your deck. You may only use 1 "Intrusive Tunnelling" Ability per turn.

[M][M] Voracious Swarm: For each of your Durant in play, randomly discard 1 card from your opponent's hand. Then, your opponent draws 1 card for each card discarded.

Resistance: Psychic (-20)

Colress's Gambit
Supporter
Declare 1 of either Supporter, Item or Pokémon cards. You and your opponent reveal your hands, then shuffle all cards of the declared type into your decks. If there were no cards of the declared type in your hand, your opponent draws 2 cards.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You may like to name Thick Fat something different, as in the TCG, Thick Fat is an Ability used for the following effect:

"Any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent’s [R] or [W] Pokémon is reduced by XX (after applying Weakness and Resistance)."

A few odd captilisation (discard) and one ---> 1 errors, but otherwise great like normal. :3

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Renamed the ability! And new cards for today.

Poliwag - Water - 50HP
Basic

Ability: Spawn Call
If you play a Poliwhirl, Poliwrath or Politoed from your hand to evolve 1 of your other Poliwag, you can search your deck for a card that evolves from this Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[W][C] Water Gun: 20 damage.

Resistance:

Poliwhirl - Water - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Poliwag

[W] Hypnoblow: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If Heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Asleep.

[W][C][C] Reverberating Blow: 40+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Counter on the Defending Pokémon.

Resistance:

Poliwrath - Water - 130HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Poliwhirl

[W] Evo-Hammer: 10+ damage. If this Pokémon evolved from Poliwag this turn, this attack does 60 more damage.

[W][C][C] Tag-Team Submission: 50+ damage. If the Defending Pokémon was damaged by 1 of your Poliwag, Poliwhirl or Politoed's attacks during your last turn, this attack does 90 more damage.

Resistance:

Politoed - Water - 120HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Poliwhirl

Ability: Frog Splash
When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you may put 2 "Splash counters" on your opponent's Pokémon in any way you like. While this Pokémon is in play, prevent all effects of Trainer cards done to any Pokémon with Splash counters on them.

[W][W][C] Regal Melody: 40 damage. Search your deck for 2 in any combination of Poliwag, Poliwhirl and Poliwrath and put them on your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Resistance:

Gulpin - Psychic - 60HP
Basic

[P] Acid Spit: 10 damage. If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, put 2 more damage counters on it between turns.

Resistance:

Swalot (S.Aura) - Psychic - 100HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Gulpin

Shadow Aura
Corroding Toxin: At the end of your opponent's turn, if this card is in your opponent's discard pile, place 2 damage counters on each of his or her Pokémon that have any Pokémon Tools attached.

[P][C] Venom Tide: 50 damage. If this Pokémon is Poisoned, heal 40 damage from it.

Resistance:

Porygon-Z - Normal - 110HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Porygon2

Ability: Network Draw
If there is a card with Porygon in its name on your Bench, Discard pile and in the Spirit Dimension, you can draw 2 cards. You can only use 1 "Network Draw" per turn.

[C][C][C] Viral Program: 30 damage. You can send 2 in any combination of Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z from your hand or discard pile to the Spirit Dimension. If you do, choose 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. Your opponent shuffles that Pokémon and all cards attached into the deck.

Resistance:

Void Energy
Special Energy

This card can only be attached to [D] Pokémon. This card provides [D] Energy only while this card is attached to a [D] Pokémon.

When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your [D] Pokémon, you can send that Pokémon and all cards attached to the Spirit Dimension. (Any effects are not activated.) Then, attach 2 basic [D] Energy cards from your discard pile to 1 of your Pokémon.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a [D] Pokémon, discard this card.)

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
More updates. Shoutouts to Yoshikage Kira for the Electrode (if anyone reads Jojo...);

Voltorb - Lightning - 60HP
Basic

[L] Electro-Flip Bomb: Discard the top card of your deck. If that card is Voltorb or Electrode, put 6 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. Otherwise, put 5 damage counters on this Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat:

Electrode (S.Aura) - Lightning - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Voltorb

Shadow Aura (After you use this effect, send this card to the Spirit Dimension)
Hair-Trigger Bomb: During your turn, if 1 of your opponent's cards is put into the discard pile, you can put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokémon.

[L][C] Flipsplosion: 60x damage. Turn as many of your Prize Cards as you wish face-up. This attack does 60 damage for each Voltorb or Electrode you reveal, then shuffle your Prize Cards and lay them face-down. If no cards were Voltorb or Electrode, this Pokémon does 100 damage to itself.

Resistance:

Slugma - Fire - 60HP
Basic

[R] Immobile Armour: During your opponent's next turn, this Pokémon takes 30 less damage from attacks by your opponent's Active Pokemon.. This Pokémon cannot retreat during your next turn.

[R][C] Ember: 20 damage.

Resistance:

Magcargo - Fire - 100HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Slugma

[R][C] Magma River: 30 damage. If the Defending Pokémon is Burned, discard an Energy attached to it.

[R][C][C] Lava Plume: 50+ damage. If there are 2 or more [R] Energy attached to any of your Benched Pokémon, this attack does 40 more damage.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Vullaby - Dark - 60HP

[D] Spinning Shell: 20 damage. Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon.

Mandibuzz - Dark - 100HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Vullaby

Ability: Imposing Wake
If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, you may place 1 damage counter on your opponent's Active Pokémon for each Mandibuzz on your Bench. You can only use 1 "Imposing Wake" per turn.

[D][D] Scavenger Claw: 20+ damage. If there is a Pokémon card in your opponent's discard pile with the same name as the Defending Pokémon, this attack does 30 more damage.

Retreat:

Awakened Kingdra - Dragon - 140HP
Awakened Pokémon - Put onto Kingdra

A-Condition: Send 3 in any combination of [W] and [L] Pokémon from your discard pile to the Spirit Dimension.

Pressure Charge: When you play this Pokémon to evolve 1 of your Pokémon, you can search your deck for up to 3 Energy cards and attach them to this Pokémon. If you use this effect, all Energy cards discarded from this Pokémon are sent to the Spirit Dimension.

[W][W][L] Dracostream: 150 damage. Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon.

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance:

Red Orb
Pokémon Tool
If this card is attached to Groudon (R.Aura), the cost of its attacks becomes [F] less.

Blue Orb
Pokémon Tool
If this card is attached to Kyogre (R.Aura), at the end of your opponent's turn, heal 10 HP from each of your [W] Pokémon.

By the way, if for any reason anyone wants to make fakes of these, you have my full permission - I'd love to see my cards as physical ones!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wow, I love that Voltorb! It is great homage and simple but fresh. Pity you wouldn't ever use it, but hey, it's fun!

By the way, if for any reason anyone wants to make fakes of these, you have my full permission - I'd love to see my cards as physical ones!
Shotgun the Voltorb @Jabberwock :UU