London 2012: The XXXth Olympiad

TheGuy

Member since '09
I must honestly say, opening ceremonies was great. Bond and the queen was awesome along with the r,ing floating into the sky from the Industrial Revolution. Looking forward to seeing the competition I'll be watching quite a bit of basketball and handball.

It was an ok opening for me. Nothing will ever beat China in 08. I honestly thought the beginning was very boring and unengaging. The torch and the end were nice for me.

It felt super cinematic and I can't say that I hated it. Definitely a different feel from China, but I honestly thought it was pretty good.

I love watching the Olympics so any free time that I have the next couple weeks will be devoted to watching whatever sports are on and flipping between a couple channels to get some nice variety. I'm most looking forward to Swimming and Basketball.

dmaster out.

As an Australian, the Olympics has been pretty disappointing for me so far.
For one we lost the 4x100 men's swimming relay. Everyone was sure we were going to win the race and so were just speculating by how much we were going to beat the World Record by..having the two fastest swimmers in the world on our team (James Magnussen and James Roberts)... and not whether we'd win or not.. to end up coming in 4th.
Generally, our swimming is easily our strongest point and we have been performing at our best in the major races - Seebohm finishing second in the final after having broken the Olympic Record in her heat.

But yeah the Olympics has been pretty ordinary so far, obviously with China and the US as forerunners due to the vast amount of people in their respective countries.
Other Surprises: France in 3rd and Kazakhstan in 8th and Great Brittan in only 20th so far!

I am very excited to see the rest of the Olympic Games unravel and to see people at the peek of their respective events!
Go Australia! ;)

I'm excited so far, and I can't wait to see the rest of how the games will unravel! Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to watch them so far, so it's been a shame for me :/

Gogogogo Canadian triple bronze!!! And now our Women's Gymnastics team is doing awesome in the finals!

I'm sorry but I have to agree with CMP. At least we can somewhat rely on Phelps, but Ryan is just not cut out for the Olympics.

US is slowly catching up to china in overall, and gold medal counts. Do you guys think the US will take over?

Is anyone other than me watching any of the equestrian?

Canada had a disappointing cross country, with 75% of their riders getting eliminated.

China also had a rider get eliminated, who was in 1st place after the dressage :(

Thankfully no horses got hurt though!

Never really cared for the Olympics before, but the shooting was surprisingly tense; especially when Wilson missed the two shots. The rowing is just as on-edge-of-the-seat too.

4 or 5 Golds for Britain yaaaaay

My favorite part of the olympics is probably the gymnasts, I really admire their dedication, especially for people their age.

Didn't anyone hear that 8 Badmiton teams got disqualified for intentionally losing? I think that it was wrong of them to want to play against worse teams. If they are too afraid of playing the better teams, they should not win any medals.

Fluttershy said:
Didn't anyone hear that 8 Badmiton teams got disqualified for intentionally losing? I think that it was wrong of them to want to play against worse teams. If they are too afraid of playing the better teams, they should not win any medals.

Yeah, my parents and I just talked about it. Sad, really. Good for the Olympics committee to DQ them for not displaying the Olympic spirit.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, the Chinese team lost on purpose to avoid facing the other Chinese team (And subsequently more teams lost to affect their standings.)

Nengeni said:
I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, the Chinese team lost on purpose to avoid facing the other Chinese team (And subsequently more teams lost to affect their standings.)

Yup. That's what I heard. Haha, way to represent your countries...

And when I said that I admired their dedication, I meant they made me uncomfortable.

Because 16 year old girls

michael phelpz

This made my day regarding the 2012 London Olympics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQzkMoEGDGE

"RUSSIA SUCKS!!!" - Will Ferrell on Conan

Back