ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
The absolute worst part about all of this is when people on twitter defend logan and even call us 'salty b*tches' when someone shows screenshots of us roasting him. Yes, there are actually people on twitter on his side, some going out of their way to deny he's the reason the prices are now irreparably screwed. Yes, they're awful people. I am so sick of this hobby- on both sides, nothing is worth it. I want to be happy when it comes to every aspect of this game...not just a small portion of it. Thanks, Logan.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
The absolute worst part about all of this is when people on twitter defend logan and even call us 'salty b*tches' when someone shows screenshots of us roasting him. Yes, there are actually people on twitter on his side, some going out of their way to deny he's the reason the prices are now irreparably screwed. Yes, they're awful people. I am so sick of this hobby- on both sides, nothing is worth it. I want to be happy when it comes to every aspect of this game...not just a small portion of it. Thanks, Logan.
In this world, there are leaders, followers, and independent thinkers. Unfortunately, these followers refuse to even examine the evidence since they are tightly bonded with their leader. To break the brainwashed, you must be an independent, unbias thinker.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
In this world, there are leaders, followers, and independent thinkers. Unfortunately, these followers refuse to even examine the evidence since they are tightly bonded with their leader. To break the brainwashed, you must be an independent, unbias thinker.
It's literally as simple as realizing that the TCG skyrocketed immediately after Logan got into it yet people have a hard time understanding THAT. Crazy, innit?

Sitamo

Aspiring Trainer
I don't like Logan Paul, but i think he is getting a lot of hate for getting scammed lol, i would be more angry towards the one who scammed him and i'm glad if those people leave the hobby rather than Logan himself.

control

Aspiring Trainer
I don't like Logan Paul, but i think he is getting a lot of hate for getting scammed lol, i would be more angry towards the one who scammed him and i'm glad if those people leave the hobby rather than Logan himself.
Very true - people are far too quick to put the blame on Logan Paul.

Even though he's far from being the good guy here, cardkahuna and his associates are much more at fault here, and Jacob's actions have been far scummier than Logan's. What's worse is that cardkahuna is allegedly a fan of Pokemon, which makes this whole situation just sad. Notice how WPM made three news stories about this and not once blamed Logan for this event? Sure he called him out for making stupid purchases, and rightfully so, but what we should be gathering from all this is that "fans" like cardkahuna, thepokejew, and pokebutler is where most of the toxicity comes from.

Last edited:

LilTone96

Aspiring Trainer
To be brutally honest, I think this is all staged by Logan Paul to get the views for money. $3.5 million is nothing to LP. He and seller did this just to generate more views. I don't believe any part of this is real. The scammer is LP's friend.

EdGeorge92

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe a more apt title: "Logan Paul continues his record streak of ill-formed decisions"

I won't lie, I have no love for the Paul brothers. I don't like their content. I don't like their fans. I don't really like them as people. However, I do have genuine empathy for Logan if all of what we have seen is to be believed. There are some incredibly immoral people in this hobby that tarnish it and I hope Logan uses his influence and fortune to sue the pants off them. A crime has been committed here, and someone needs to be held accountable

Adman2099

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe a more apt title: "Logan Paul continues his record streak of ill-formed decisions"

I won't lie, I have no love for the Paul brothers. I don't like their content. I don't like their fans. I don't really like them as people. However, I do have genuine empathy for Logan if all of what we have seen is to be believed. There are some incredibly immoral people in this hobby that tarnish it and I hope Logan uses his influence and fortune to sue the pants off them. A crime has been committed here, and someone needs to be held accountable
He's already got his money back, he's lost nothing, but gained yet more ad rev, clicks and exposure. We are all here talking about him, so he's already won out of the ordeal.
It's the people further down that will struggle to recoup loses, but by the sounds of it, no one in this whole thing is coming out spotless.

profesor_reglero

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not going to give prominence to this story. I am not sure if this case is an advertising strategy of Logan Paul or it is just the reality. I think that if we pay the attention in the hobby, this kind of characters that are constantly looking for fame and money will lose relevance.

Eldegoss

Aspiring Trainer
Could this be the end of Pokemon collecting?
Who is going to get fired for a simple $3 million mistake?
Find out next time on Logan Paul Z.

Tvoretz

?
With the caveat that I have not actually watched the video:
Why are people assuming this story is bogus? The Baseball Card Exchange has nothing to gain and everything to lose by pretending they failed at their job entirely, and the knock-on effect on PSA is bad, too.

Sitamo

Aspiring Trainer
To be brutally honest, I think this is all staged by Logan Paul to get the views for money. $3.5 million is nothing to LP. He and seller did this just to generate more views. I don't believe any part of this is real. The scammer is LP's friend.
it wasn't a fake transaction, sure they hyped it up like everything else they do, but if you follow the investigation done by Rattle Pokemon and the articles here, it's not something you want to get involved if you're the seller and the company who did the certification, there's a legal dispute going on and BBCE stopped boxes and cases certifications, there has been real consequences.

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
I also think this is all staged, this is all for publicity like always. Logan Paul is a pretty good actor but something about this particular "performance" that looked staged. There were a few people that were probably in the dark about the truth so they can get a better reaction, but Logan and the main BBCE guy were definitely off in these videos. But props to the whole production, very well executed. Logan is an excellent entertainer.

Newwaverap

Aspiring Trainer
With the caveat that I have not actually watched the video:
Why are people assuming this story is bogus? The Baseball Card Exchange has nothing to gain and everything to lose by pretending they failed at their job entirely, and the knock-on effect on PSA is bad, too.
The end result is still showing that BBCE failed at their job entirely. Why release the video either way, real or fake it shows the BBCE failed miserably. It only proves more that this was calculated and planned. Now they have millions of views and free publicity. The video needs to be filmed, edited and watched/approved internally before release. You don't think that was the time to say "hold up...how will this make us look now that the box is in fact 100% fake" They can play it like it was a mistake that will never happen again, we all got dupped, we are going to improve our inspection process, we will be a better company blah blah blah. meanwhile everyone is talking about the BBCE this week when that was not the case last week. Plus I'm sure Logan paid them handsomely to be a part of it.