Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Logan Paul’s controversial case of Base Set booster boxes is indeed fake.
In a video posted to his YouTube channel, Paul and crew opened the case and could immediately see the boxes inside were forged due to their misshapen appearance and poor print quality. The booster boxes were then opened and contained G.I. Joe booster packs.

Base-Set-Case-Opened-200x113.jpg

Case Opened

Base-Set-Case-Opened-Close-Up-200x113.jpg

Poor Print Quality

Base-Set-Box-GI-Joe-Packs-2-200x113.jpg

GI Joe Packs Inside...

Continue reading...

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Logan obviously doesn't care. This is probably even more views for him than just opening the case, especially with the articles and the whole kerfuffle.
Will the market take a hit? I doubt it. I think it blew way past Logan at this point, Logan doesn't make content on Magic or F&B which also went up, not to mention other collectibles. But it does not hurt.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
By the way, if there's a lesson to be learned from this - grading is still just a human looking at an item, not actual science. The difference between a 9 and a 10 is usually just if the grader felt that way on that day. The value in this number is completely fiat, it's imaginary. Even in its usefulness as authentication, slip-ups happen.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
By the way, if there's a lesson to be learned from this - grading is still just a human looking at an item, not actual science. The difference between a 9 and a 10 is usually just if the grader felt that way on that day. The value in this number is completely fiat, it's imaginary. Even in its usefulness as authentication, slip-ups happen.
Exactly!!!! It is based on bias/preference.

PartTimeTCGCollector

Aspiring Trainer
TBH even if Logan Paul is kind of flexing on all of us, its really sad to see that :(
I see this a lot with kid's collections- where they have a bunch of fakes
I remember back in 1999 where students brought pokemon cards in school (my middle school) and I saw one of my friend trade one card for a beedrill and then the other guy immediately gave a busted beedrill instead and said "no trade back". He got away with it because we weren't suppose to bring pokemon cards to school anyway.

SeiferA

Aspiring Trainer
Long time lurker here popping out of my cave to say that anyone who thinks this video and reaction is fake really needs to look at the parties involved that are getting affected by this "publicity stunt". This is one of the few occasions where getting your name attached to something ISNT a good thing for your business. The only one who isn't going to get affected by any of this obviously is Logan

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
It’s not about the hobby or even an inkling of passion for it.

It’s all for clout.

100% Grade-A Clout

The sooner this bad juju and the people who come with it can fall off of the hobby, the better.

Last edited:

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
The way he says at the end of the video he's happy he has something that's worth a lot of money that's real (referring to his Charizard card) tells you what his only interest is.
THIS!

Man has 0 interest in Pokemon itself and I'm so tired of people defending him and treating him like he's some Pokemon superfan BECAUSE he has this Charizard.

Omi

Aspiring Trainer
I remember back in 1999 where students brought pokemon cards in school (my middle school) and I saw one of my friend trade one card for a beedrill and then the other guy immediately gave a busted beedrill instead and said "no trade back". He got away with it because we weren't suppose to bring pokemon cards to school anyway.
When I was a kid I traded for so many fake cards on accident- But the actual Pokémon themselves are really meant for the kids, so in my opinion if they're having fun- its worth it, fake or not