• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

LockThorn [Gothitelle, Ferrothorn] HGSS-NV

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer
Alright I'm trying to decide what I should play for Cities, and I'm stuck between ZPST, and Gothitelle, so I'd like some feedback on THIS Gothitelle version. All comments/suggestions welcome!

Pokemon:

3-2-3 Gothitelle [EP] (Magic Room)
3-3 Ferrothorn [EP] (Gyroball)
2-2 Dodrio [UD] (Retreat Aid)
2 Cleffa [CoL] (Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek)

Total: 20

T/S/S:

3 Pokemon Communication [BW]
3 Rare Candy [UL]
3 Junk Arm [TM]
3 Pokemon Collectors [HGSS]
3 Max Potion [EP]
2 Rocky Helmets [NV]
3 Twins [TM]
3 Plus Power [BW]
2 Cheren [EP]

Total: 25

Energy:

4 Metal
4 Sp. Metal
4 DCE

Total: 12

Strategy:

The main strategy for this deck is to set up Gothitelle, Dodrio, and Ferrothorn ASAP. Leave Gothitelle active for the item/trainer lock while powering up a ferrothorn. The main attacker for the deck will be Ferrothorn using Gryball. Gyroball allows you to switch a benched pokemon to the active spot (Benched Gothitelle -> Active) and your opponent must also switch his active pokemon.

Dodrio is there for Gothitelle's free retreat, and is catcher free since gothitelle will be out during the opponents turn.

Rocky helmet is there to try to fend off an attack by dealing 20 damage that might be needed for a later knockout.

I haven't tested this deck, but from what I've been thinking, Ferrothorn can 3 HKO Zekrom or Reshiram with an Eviolite. ( 60-20 =4)
Turn 1: 40
Turn 2: 40
Turn 3: 50 (with a plus power)

Against a Kyurem, 2-3 HKO. Cobalion wouldn't do much since Gothitelle wouldn't be attacking anyway. The one thing I should probably be afraid of is Yanmega.

Thanks!

I swear I tested this exact deck a week before Emerging Powers came out, it looked excellent on paper but there's just so much you need to set up, it can be very slow. A quick edit is take out your Cheren and put in PONT. Much better hand refresher, but I guess it's more about preference. Good luck! :)

T-Peezy said:
I swear I tested this exact deck a week before Emerging Powers came out, it looked excellent on paper but there's just so much you need to set up, it can be very slow. A quick edit is take out your Cheren and put in PONT. Much better hand refresher, but I guess it's more about preference. Good luck! :)

I could do that, and I just realized I have 57 cards in the deck so I still have room for some stuff.. Any suggestions?

..And c'mon people, plenty of views, but no suggestions?

Back