Discussion Little quirks that you do

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
Everyone has their little quirks when they are playing or building a deck. I figured it would be fun to see what everyone does.

My biggest thing is that I color code my sleeves with the deck. For instance I have white sleeves for Solgaleo and light blue for my Ninetales deck. Not very cost effective really but it makes it easier to know which deck to grab.

When I build decks, I always go through my cards and put in anything I think might be nice to have. Then, once I have a deck with too many cards (I've had it happen where I had like 70+ cards in a deck), I one-by-one cut cards until I have a deck. I'm not sure if this is quirky or not, but it seems like the people I know don't build that way.

I usually net - deck, but as I'm testing make weird and maybe completely unnecessary changes. For example, I'm that guy at the league who is still trying Night March/Counter Energy :p.

I’m known for making decks that cause people to hate me

And I ran weakness Policy in Gardy :p

I always play terrible decks at big tournaments. And I'm proud of it.
Eg. Gengar BKT/Latios SLG, Gallade BKT, Golduck SUM/Starmie EVO and of course my beloved Lunala GX toolbox.

I always play terrible decks at big tournaments. And I'm proud of it.
Eg. Gengar BKT/Latios SLG, Gallade BKT, Golduck SUM/Starmie EVO and of course my beloved Lunala GX toolbox.
Were you the person I versed at Dallas playing Lunala?

Either way, I almost brought Hippopotas/Zoroark to Costa Mesa, but now I can't go :(

I didn't go to Dallas. I live in the UK.
I played Golduck at Birmingham, Gallade at Sheffield, Gengar at EUIC and Lunala at worlds :) :) :)

I tend to build decks that are complete opposites from each other.

For example, one month, I was playing Volcanion/turbo turtles, and the next I am playing sylveon/sablegarb.

I tend to build decks that are complete opposites from each other.

For example, one month, I was playing Volcanion/turbo turtles, and the next I am playing sylveon/sablegarb.
Me too, somewhat. I have two decks: Fairy Box, and Ray/Eels.

One is the swagged-out tech deck of randomness, one just straight up blows everything up.
And then there's unlimited, but let's be honest, that's just donk for days.

My two decks

Me too, somewhat. I have two decks: Fairy Box, and Ray/Eels.

One is the swagged-out tech deck of randomness, one just straight up blows everything up.
And then there's unlimited, but let's be honest, that's just donk for days.
yeah, but what style of donk?

forretress donk?

shiftry donk?

TELL MEEEE

Very minor, but I absolutely refuse to use different rarities of the same card in a deck. If I have 2 regular Dusk Manes and a RR Dusk Mane? Tough, I either need to go pick up another regular DM or a couple RR DMs. Same goes with Reverses, if I have one reverse DCE, then my other DCEs in the deck better all be reverse, else I'm playing with (shudders) non-holos...

Very minor, but I absolutely refuse to use different rarities of the same card in a deck. If I have 2 regular Dusk Manes and a RR Dusk Mane? Tough, I either need to go pick up another regular DM or a couple RR DMs. Same goes with Reverses, if I have one reverse DCE, then my other DCEs in the deck better all be reverse, else I'm playing with (shudders) non-holos...
Same here, my volc deck has 2 hyper turtles, 1 hyper ho-oh, 4 FA volcanion EX, 4 Volcanion leauge promo, and all same fire holo energy.

Ah, another quirk. I spontaneously rip all Evolutions fairy energy I see. I hope this needs no explanation. It's just WRONG.

Funny, I always try to get every single rarity in a deck. It doesn’t look nice by any stretch of the imagination, but my brain tracks what Pokémon are in the discard by remembering the rarities that went away. Without all different ones, my track of the game loses focus.

I try to play Zoroark GX in every deck becuase I just love the card. :) and I just have random rarity's in every deck because I don't have a playset of reverses for every thing

Back