• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Lets try this again shall we? (Klinklang)

RegiReal

I liekz mudkipz. :p
So i have been really wanting this deck to work, it does great in eel matchups due to T1 Groudon, but its not perfect. any critisim would be appreciated, also general improvements for rogue and Darkreigon matchups. (Eels dont COMPLETLEY dominate the format)

First things first, the list;

Pokemon:

4 Klink DEX
1 Klang DEX
3 Klinklang BW
1 Darkrai DEX
2 Groudon DEX
2 Registeel DRX
1 Kyurem ND
1 Kyogre DEX
1 Mewtwo ND

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

4 N
3 Skyla
3 Proffesor Juniper
4 Heavy Ball
4 Max Potion
3 Rare Candy
3 Catcher
3 Eviolite
3 Switch
2 Pokemon Communication

Energies:

4 Blend {W}{L}{F}{M}
4 Prism
4 Metal

So basically you wanna tank with this deck, whilst hitting the opponent where they are the weakest, Groudon counters eels/ Darkrai, kyogre hits any bench sitters hard, and kyurem deals with the stray Ho-oh EXs, Registeel is your reliable tank attacker, with eviolite and second attack he is resisting up to 40 damage, Mewtwo is there for...well mewtwo, darkrai gets freetreat for the whole bunch and occasionally gets in a nightspear ot two.

You do this by setting up Klinklang preferably T2, then move energies to the appropriate attackers while healing off all the damage with max potion.

Any critisim is wanted and needed.

I like the idea. I really want to get something like this to work as well, yet darkrai/hydreigon does the same thing only faster.
You seem to have quite a bit going on. The klinklang line looks good. If I was to run this (which I might), I would probably drop the darkrai and kyogre for another registeel and switch. This lets you drop the prisims for more metals and adds a bit of consistancy to the deck.

I still do not believe that klinklang will work like we want it to though. Let me know how your deck testing goes with it.
Also, I like the idea of a metal garbodor deck. An example is here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-masters-scrap-metal-deck-garbodor-deck
Let me know what you think.

MMAmonchan said:
I like the idea. I really want to get something like this to work as well, yet darkrai/hydreigon does the same thing only faster.
You seem to have quite a bit going on. The klinklang line looks good. If I was to run this (which I might), I would probably drop the darkrai and kyogre for another registeel and switch. This lets you drop the prisims for more metals and adds a bit of consistancy to the deck.

I still do not believe that klinklang will work like we want it to though. Let me know how your deck testing goes with it.
Also, I like the idea of a metal garbodor deck. An example is here: http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-masters-scrap-metal-deck-garbodor-deck
Let me know what you think.

Thanks, i really appreciate the input, but i do like kyogre, he is little played, and can surprise a rayeels deck, just 2 turns alive and it can wipe out their acceleration, i would probably drop kyreum though, as he is only a one hit counter for ho-oh, kyogre can suffice. as for the other registeel and another switch, that could work, also when the new klinklang was realised i was goin to add him too.

honestly, don't run john roberts version lol..
for this format i would just run straight cobalion and landorus.
landorus is a really good starter and you cobalion's iron breaker is devastating in the right doses.

ashtavakra said:
honestly, don't run john roberts version lol..
for this format i would just run straight cobalion and landorus.
landorus is a really good starter and you cobalion's iron breaker is devastating in the right doses.

I'll try multiple variants to see how they work for me, thanks for the input guys. :)

Keldeo EX seems too good (to me) not to put into this deck. It allows you to switch him with Klinklang if he get's active through catcher and whatnot with Russian Rush In, and then retreat Keldeo with a Prism thanks to Darkrai, and does really high damage for 3 or 4 multi-type energy. So let's do this:
-3 Switch
+2 Keldeo EX

Is the Kyurem the one from NV, or the EX? Because it says ND, but the only Kyurem in ND is the EX. If it is the NV one, I'd take it out, since Registeel can do spreading for it, and Kyogre is just as good a water type. I might not if it's the EX.
-1 Kyurem NV

I think more Darkrai would be good as well. Since if your 1 Darkrai get's KOed by Terrakion or just 2 shotted, then you're stuck without free retreat.
+1 Darkrai

I'd think you're good against Mewtwo already, since Registeel can resist 60 damage from it with Resistance+Protect Charge+Eviolite
-1 Mewtwo

I think your supporters are too low. Cheren is pretty good in all decks.
+3 Cheren

And finally just to make room for one more spot, I think you can take out a Klink, I think the supporters would be more important.
-1 Klink

I also might take out a Kyogre for another supporter or catcher, but it seems like you want to keep him in. So here's all the changes I'd make.
+2 Keldeo EX
+1 Darkrai EX
+3 Cheren

-3 Switch
-1 Kyurem
-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Klink

Hope I could help you out.

Also, how do you get a T1 Groudon?
~MtC

Machamp the Champion said:
Keldeo EX seems too good (to me) not to put into this deck. It allows you to switch him with Klinklang if he get's active through catcher and whatnot with Russian Rush In, and then retreat Keldeo with a Prism thanks to Darkrai, and does really high damage for 3 or 4 multi-type energy. So let's do this:
-3 Switch
+2 Keldeo EX

Is the Kyurem the one from NV, or the EX? Because it says ND, but the only Kyurem in ND is the EX. If it is the NV one, I'd take it out, since Registeel can do spreading for it, and Kyogre is just as good a water type. I might not if it's the EX.
-1 Kyurem NV

I think more Darkrai would be good as well. Since if your 1 Darkrai get's KOed by Terrakion or just 2 shotted, then you're stuck without free retreat.
+1 Darkrai

I'd think you're good against Mewtwo already, since Registeel can resist 60 damage from it with Resistance+Protect Charge+Eviolite
-1 Mewtwo

I think your supporters are too low. Cheren is pretty good in all decks.
+3 Cheren

And finally just to make room for one more spot, I think you can take out a Klink, I think the supporters would be more important.
-1 Klink

I also might take out a Kyogre for another supporter or catcher, but it seems like you want to keep him in. So here's all the changes I'd make.
+2 Keldeo EX
+1 Darkrai EX
+3 Cheren

-3 Switch
-1 Kyurem
-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Klink

Hope I could help you out.

Also, how do you get a T1 Groudon?
~MtC

The keldeos are definently a good idea, kinda gets the water spectrum covered better than kyogre or kyreum. i think i would want one copy of kyogre in there just for the nice spread. idk the card just clicks for me and has never really let me down. as for the other suggestions you made. they all sound great, more supporters always help.

RegiReal said:
The keldeos are definently a good idea, kinda gets the water spectrum covered better than kyogre or kyreum. i think i would want one copy of kyogre in there just for the nice spread. idk the card just clicks for me and has never really let me down. as for the other suggestions you made. they all sound great, more supporters always help.

Great, glad to hear it :)

I am however torn between Groudon EX,Terrakion EX, Landorous EX, and terrakion. any ideas there for what to pick?

oh also on another note, kyogre id heavy ball searchable, so if i need a water type fast hes there.

It's hard to say. With Groudon you can use Darkrai or Registeel to spread so Giant Claw does more. But Terrakion EX gives you some slight energy acceleration. But Landorus is faster then anything in your deck. I'm really not sure honestly, probably Terrakion.

Machamp the Champion said:
It's hard to say. With Groudon you can use Darkrai or Registeel to spread so Giant Claw does more. But Terrakion EX gives you some slight energy acceleration. But Landorus is faster then anything in your deck. I'm really not sure honestly, probably Terrakion.

i think landurous ex would be good because he can hit fast and hard. giving out some damage while i set up.

Back