Pokemon legendaries-unique or not?

shakir99

~~~fanatic pmn artist~~~
OK...its a topic that i've long waited to bring in here. The Legendary pokemons topic.Are they unique(only one species of their kind in the whole world)?? I don't want to believe so...

See, I had nothing to do last night; so I pulled out my old fav. 'Pokemon2000-the power of one'. Was not I glad to watch the movie again? I was elated. I just fell in love with LUGIA again.
Now, in this movie there is something that contradicts my theories about the legendaries.Here it has been clearly stated that Moltress, Articuno and Zapdos are unique species and that these birds live in the three different mountains in the orange islands. Well and good!
But if so, then howcome we got to see Moltress at the Pallete league finals where it remained as the torch flame. Then we had Articuno and also Zapdos in Johto and Kanto regions too.
So, does it mean that they sometimes visit other areas rather than staying at a same spot or they are just not the only one of their kind?!?

They also seem to make the impression that Lugia,also, is unique. But that is clearly not true.We have seen Lugia having offsprings.

Then again by 'unique' they might have meant that they are unique types. Like, Moltress is the only fire/flying type. No, that cant be true either.

Celebii is not unique...we have seen a lot of them in the movie. Can Kyogore and Groudon be uniques too? Latios and Latias can have babies as stated in the movie.
The three legendary dogs(Raikou, Entei and Suicune) and Mew and Mew-two are surely uniques.And so is Ho-Oh.

I dunno, but Jirachi seems to be unique too.Thats how it looked like in the movie...with the approach of millenium comet it awakens from its sleep. Could there be other Jirachis sleeping elsewhere than Florina?

Ok, Manaphi and Lucario are breedable...so, not unique.The 'Regis'? What about them? Could be uniques...hmmm....or, may be not! I dunno!! And what about Rayquaza? De-oxys...no, they are not unique.

Well, I believe that covers all, except the D/P legendaries.

Waiting for everyone....write back! write back!

actually, I guess only groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, parukia, diaruga, giradina and aruseus are 1 in a kind, I guess there's some very long story of how earth was created the pokémon way, but I'm too bored to type it all out :p

the birds are unique: it's clearly the same one, everytime we get to see it...
it is pretty obvious hat they visit other places...they probably get bored after living somewhere for a while...i would be :p

groudon and kyogre MUST be unique: otherwise the whole planet would be doomed...
this way: rayquaza must be too...'cause he is the oly one who counteracts kyogre's and groudon's abilities....air lock: negate wheather effects: groudon and kyogre each affect the wheather...

jirachi and and celecbi...celebi is not unique...just look at the movie...
kirachi: hat's something else...if i'm not mistaken, there is nothing said about other jirachi, so i believe he is unique...
the three dogs suicune, entei and raikou: they must be unique, 'cause they have no gender...and again: it would be terrible if they weren't: everywhere one of these three goes: it's a thunderstorm(raikou) a fiery path left by entei(followed by the unowns...)
or everything get's purified (which is the only good of the three...(suicune))

deoxys probably is unique, they are just other forms of him (unless the movie makes this statement false, ofcourse...)

mew and mewtwo: unique, first movie proves enough...

lugia and ho-oh...
i think ho-oh is unique, but that probably is because we do not know much of it...
lugia surely is not unique, as some episode proves...

and moltres isn't the opnly flying fire type, ho-oh is too...
so that cannot be the explanation...

the regis: ofcourse they are unique, again: if they wouldn't be: the world would go down...again :p
why am i sure they are? everybody who played ruby and sapphire yet knows why i say this...if you go get them, and you translate all of the tablets, you can read that an ancient civilization sealed them away, because their powers were too great...

latios and latias: aren't unique, watch the movie pokemon heroes...enough said...

i haven't seen the other movies, so i cannot make a statement about lucaio and manaphi...

greets,
ths psychotrainer

The TV show and movies will always contradict each other. Most legendaries are rare, not one-of-a-kind. I think the only legendary that we can say for certain is unique is Mewtwo.

Fione (the thing you get when you breed Manaphy) doesn't evolve into Manaphy, so it (Manaphy) could still be unique. If there's only one Manaphy, there's only one Fione, so if Manaphy is unique, so too is Fione. Same goes for if it's just rare.

Lucario isn't legendary.

Lucario is not a legendary. Most legendary Pokemon are placed at the end of each Pokedex.

shakir said:
Moltres is the only Fire/Flying type
no it's not! remember about charizard!
shakir said:
Celebii is not unique...we have seen a lot of them in the movie.
remember about time travel...that could have been the same celebi from different times...

Mew could be unique - it depends where was the 8th movie. if it was in hoenn, then it's not, if it was in Kanto, then it is. But I still think that Mew in't unique, because if it was a legendary pokemon, there would be legends about it, and it wouldn't be called "the rarest Pokemon in the world".

Mewtwo is definately unique - it's a copy of Mew. There was only 1 Mewtwo.

Three Legendary Birds - don't think so...we saw them in Kanto and Johto.

Three Legendary Dogs - nope. it is said that a new entei is formed together with a new volcano in the world. in anime we saw a couple of volcano's. and if one of the legendary trio isn't legendary, then the other one also aren't.

Celebi - i'd say it is uniqe, 'cause I think in the 4th movie it was the same Celebi from different times...

Lugia: Nope...Lugia can breed, as we saw at the end of Johto championships.

Ho-Oh: I think Ho-Oh is unique, 'cause Ash follows the same one all around the world.

Regi's: No. there were three Regi's in Hoenn, and three regi's in kanto.

Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza: No. Those three Pokemon were "ancient Pokemon".

Deoxys: No. In Anime we already saw thee different Deoxys - 2 in the movie, one in Anime.

D/P Legends: I onlly know that Manafi is not unique. It is breedable.  Also, Lucario is not a legendary Pokemon. It counts as ancient Pokemon. Also Palkia and Dialga obviously are unique. Palkia is the master of Space and Dialga the master of Time. I don't know about the others.

well, it seems my knowledge about the movies is lacking...
but groudon and kyogre are unique, they must be...think about it: there are only 2 orbs: a red one, and a blue one...hey each hold the power to control the groudon and the kyogre sleeping somewhere deep in a cave...
there must be one of them, 'cause in the ruby/sapphire pokédex it says: the batte between groudon and kyogre was a continous(sry fr the wrong spelling) one, and it raged without end...
ibtw: if there were more of them in the past, then why is there only one of each now? they are all extinct expect for these 2? i wonder...
and: if there were more, would the power of groudon be even stronger? looking at what he did alone when waking up was bad enough...and the same goes for kyogre...and for rayquaza
didn't know lucario wasn't legendary, i thought it was being named in a movie...

where have you seen there are three regis in hoenn, and three regis in kanto?

mew and mewtwo: abvious, enough said...

those legendary birds are unique...how would the pattern of the currents be of there were more? look at movie2

i don't know palkia and dalgia yet...but that won't take long...

greets,
the psychotrainer

Movies don't follow the shoes, except for the region.

BUT I'd say that the birds travel, so you can see them most anywhere. Maybe the islands are like...summer houses.

Arcanine out.

Mewthree said:
shakir said:
Moltres is the only Fire/Flying type
no it's not! remember about charizard!
shakir said:
Celebii is not unique...we have seen a lot of them in the movie.
remember about time travel...that could have been the same celebi from different times...
Regi's: No. there were three Regi's in Hoenn, and three regi's in kanto.

I never said Moltress is the only fire/flying type...finish my sentence!
I said they could not have meant that the legendaries are unique type species. There are pokemons of same type as the legendaries: like moltress and charizard or articuno and delibird.
Well, about celebii, i dunno, in the movie the old-woman says that its friends have come to help it. Will she call them friends if they were just him from other times. Besides, celebii is called the voice of the forest.
Would you say that there is only one forest in pokemon world?
Again, fire-red dex entry for celebii says it leaves behind an egg whenever it time-travels. That means it lays egg and so it cant be unique!
About the regis...when did you see the regis in kanto??

Arcanine 274 said:

BUT I'd say that the birds travel, so you can see them most anywhere.  Maybe the islands are like...summer houses.

Arcanine out.
LOL!! (bolded)
Only one thing, Mewtwo is defenetly unique!

mew also, *removed*

greets,
the psychotrainer

Please be respectful to other members. Even if you are joking around, other people might not realize it. ~DRK176

Flygon said:
Arcanine 274 said:

BUT I'd say that the birds travel, so you can see them most anywhere.  Maybe the islands are like...summer houses.

Arcanine out.
LOL!! (bolded)
Only one thing, Mewtwo is defenetly  unique!
It's a metaphor >.<

And yes, Mewtwo is unique. He was genetically created :/.

Arcanine out.

Just because Manaphy can breed doesn't mean it's not unique. Fione does not evolve into Manaphy or turn into Manaphy somehow... they are two completely different Pokémon.

okay, sorry for the rude words, didn't meant it to be harmful...
but it's just like some people need to learn how to read, 'cause they say or ask something that has been stated one or 2 replies before...

greets,
the psychotrainer

Ohhh.....yeaaah. i forgot that!! Howcome i forgot that!!
That makes the Regis not unique!

Whether they're ancient or not...It doesn't matter. The anime and the games do not correspond. In the game, there is only one of each...In the anime...we've seen baby Lugias.

Back