XY Leaked : Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

Man, these past couple of weeks have been rough. Seriously, I can't decide which starters I'm going for. They all have their pros and cons. What with the torchic event and Kanto starters, I just can't bring myself to choose starters with the same type.

I guess I have to go Blaziken, Greninja, and Venusaur.

But Mega Blastoise is literally a tank and Mega Charizard X is a dragon with blue fire :( Well at least Mega Venusaur can kill fairies and has Thick Fat...

Ah well, Greninja is flipping awesome and more than meets my standards as the first dark typed starter, Chesnaught's typing is disappointing and I'm not in love with him yet, and Delphox just isn't my cup of tea, and being from Kalos her name reminds me of my French ex girlfriend Delphine xD

Joe said:
Man, these past couple of weeks have been rough. Seriously, I can't decide which starters I'm going for. They all have their pros and cons. What with the torchic event and Kanto starters, I just can't bring myself to choose starters with the same type.

I guess I have to go Blaziken, Greninja, and Venusaur.

But Mega Blastoise is literally a tank and Mega Charizard X is a dragon with blue fire :( Well at least Mega Venusaur can kill fairies and has Thick Fat...

Ah well, Greninja is flipping awesome and more than meets my standards as the first dark typed starter, Chesnaught's typing is disappointing and I'm not in love with him yet, and Delphox just isn't my cup of tea, and being from Kalos her name reminds me of my French ex girlfriend Delphine xD

I had that issue too, I really wanted to run Torchic in my team but Charizard X really won my favor. I hate following the crowd (which is why I usually pick the Grass starter and the less popular version, being X before Charizard) but Charizard is almost too awesome for me to pass up.

So Chespin and Charmander for me.

Also Mareep and Amaura.

I'm going to use Chespin and Charizard on my X game when I do a nuzlocke. On Y, I am going froakie, venusaur and blaziken.

So last night I had a beautiful dream...I dreamed a stadium and it showcased a triple battle tournament.
Red was competing and here is where the badass part started he was using all the three final evolution of the kalos starters...OK
Battle starts...Greninja sort of unraps its tongue from his neck then Delphox uses psychic on it ( I know his part dark type but it can still manipulate it but not harm it) as they form a catapulte Chesnaught uses rollout and lands right into it.Afterwards they throw Chesnaught at their opponents with high speed and after rolling just before arriving at its target he uses hammer arm on them and then swiftly greninja uses shuriken star to finish the job.
Ok now part 2 the trainer sends out his next 3 pokemon and all try a direct attack however Delphox uses reflect and Chesnaught uses iron defence and both Greninja and delphox kneel right aside Chesnaught and then he hides them all under his back chesnut shield....the attack obviously failed....and after all the smoke clears out there is a moment of complete silence in which Red sais now or something and the next second Chesnaught launches Delphox and Greninja in the air...Delphox again uses its magician powers to manipulate Greninja which by that time was using aqua jet and heading like a torpedo towards its targets and the battle ends with Delphox making Greninja hit all the targets.
Finally in the end Red praises his pokemon and then sends out his Pidgeot and flies away.
I know my mind is twisted but this battle was too cool to keep for myself also that made me realise how great the starters work with together.

I hate it when people just flat out say they hate the starters.
Like, are you gonna tell us WHY, or are you just jumping on the hate bandwagon.

These designs look great!
You got your Warrior, you got your Mage, you even got the Rouge earlier! You people got what you asked for, why complain?

Maybe I'm not seeing what others are seeing. What am I missing here?

98Greener said:

You got your Warrior, you got your Mage, you even got the rogue earlier! You people got what you asked for, why complain?

There will be always complainers, even if GameFreak makes the best starters on the world. I'm not mad at people who don't like the starters because every person has own taste. Not all people have to like the new pokemon. Maybe they have wanted to see something different and now they feel disappointed?

98Greener said:

You got your Warrior, you got your Mage, you even got the rogue earlier! You people got what you asked for, why complain?

I hate it when people just flat out say they love the starters.
Like, are you gonna tell us WHY, or are you just jumping on the fanboi bandwagon?

I'm just kidding, but some of you really need to stop criticizing people who say they don't like them. Accept it, stop acting like Gamefreak is your mother and you have to take any kind of critique towards her personally.
Nobody is attacking the people who just say "Oh wow these look sooooooo great" either (without even going into detail what is so great about them). I certainly cannot comprehend how someone can say Delphox looks so awesome. To be honest, to me she looks like a hobo straight out of the slums, but maybe that's what's charming about her. Do you see me b'tching about those people? Nope, so you shouldn't either.

If you want to know why I don't like the starters, personally, here is an explaination (though I have a post a few pages back about it):

Yeah we got a knight, mage and rogue. Cannot recall asking for it, but I'm fine with the themes. The problem in my eyes is the realization of these themes.
Chesnaught e.g. looks more like a sumo than a knight to me. A shell on his back ain't going to make him more knightish. Exception would be if he could take it off and maybe wield it as a shield. But I hardly doubt it since we didn't get any leaks about that. And even if he could, he still isn't even near as bulky and armored as the general sense of a knight predicts. Considering the overworld theme France, I even see less connection between the actual result and the given themes.
Matching the theme knight and france, Empoleon would have been a way better choice in every aspect. Its name indicates a connection to France and it even looks more (butler) knightish than Chesnaught.

Coming to my all time favorite example: Delphox
In all seriousness, this is more than just a joke. It's Admiral Obvious that she's representing the mage theme, but seriously? That's how I used to look like when I was a small boy dressing up as a wizard on carnival. It's a furry robe , nothing more. It doesn't even look really elegant or "tailor made". It doesn't even have any ornamentation like runes on the robe or a walking cane that can act as a staff as a symbol of its maturity, wisdom and typing.

Greninja turned out pretty decently even though I don't see a rogue theme but a ninja theme. And yes, I do differ between those two. Rogues are beings with no morals. Their own well-being is first priority and they would kill to get what they desire and/or to survive.
A ninja on the other hand is a discplined warrior of stealth, poison and martial arts. They have a codex, serve a master and would even die for him, since they've sworn loyalty. Again, considering the overworld theme France, Europe did not have ninjas. We did have hitmen, mercenaries and so on, but I do not recall ninjas being part of the european/french culture.
Still, Greninja's design is creative and original. Especially the tongue part, even tho' it is kinda disgusting and illogical but that's what makes it special.

Don't get me wrong, I do not hate the starters(more like highly dislike them). Thanks to a lot of artwork I'm slowly getting used to them (even though it's more important to like their looks ingame), but I can understand people being disappointed. I mean, this generation literally changes everything. Obviously some would expect the designs of the starters to exceed all previous ones. And they did, until the final evolutions were revealed.
Maybe it was unfair from us to expect it, maybe it actually did exceed for some of us, but certainly not for all of us.

Still #teamCHESPIN even though I think he'll be trash competitively, but who cares for now. :D

I love Chespin so much. When I saw Quilladin, at first I wanted to rip my own nostril off in disappointment. But after a while, it grew on me and now I love chubby lil Quilly .^_^.

Also when I first saw Chesnaught, I once again felt disappointed, but now I love big ol' naughty. I love the Chespin line! :)
Just give the Pokemon time, they will grow on you, and also like many people have said, Sugimori art can change everything!

P.s. Can someone please knock me unconscious and wake me up when X and Y are out. I can't wait!!

ArcanineArco said:
I love Chespin so much. When I saw Quilladin, at first I wanted to rip my own nostril off in disappointment. But after a while, it grew on me and now I love chubby lil Quilly .^_^.

Also when I first saw Chesnaught, I once again felt disappointed, but now I love big ol' naughty. I love the Chespin line! :)
Just give the Pokemon time, they will grow on you, and also like many people have said, Sugimori art can change everything!

P.s. Can someone please knock me unconscious and wake me up when X and Y are out. I can't wait!!

Same here.

Especially the knock out part xD
It's so close and yet so far. I hope Amazon will deliver it a day earlier *__________*

professorlight said:
It even lost the wand that seemed to be the motif of the line (which I do resent, 'cause wands are awesome).

Guess not...at least not in its attack animations.

90750d1381339929-rumour-thread-spoilers-alleged-leaks-tumblr_muev06h00q1romni1o1_1280.jpg

Pretty cool if you ask me! Maybe its official art will show Delphox using the stick/wand.

Greninja is my favourite of the three, and the one I'm going to end up with in game. I think it's a pretty neat design, and I'm glad they distanced it so much from the other frog-like Pokémon. It's cool and unique with a fun typing, and I can't wait to have fun with him on my team. :)

Delphox is more disappointing, at least design-wise, though I love the Fire/Psychic combo. I think that's more my fault, though, getting my hopes up since I love Fennekin's design so much. :< I understand the point behind the design (making it more like a mage, with the Psychic typing and all), but it's rather bland. Personally, I would have loved to see them go more in depth, particularly with gender differences (female could be slimmer with more of a skirt, and more witch-like; whereas the male would have more of a cloak/robe and be more wizard-like). Not a bad design, but a waste of potential in my opinion.

Chesnaught... one of the first pictures I saw of him was comparing him to Buzz Lightyear and now I can't get that comparison out of my head. :D

Overall, though, I'm pretty happy. All of the designs break out of the box, and the dual-typing is excellent. Definite thumbs up in my book.

CMP said:
professorlight said:
It even lost the wand that seemed to be the motif of the line (which I do resent, 'cause wands are awesome).

Guess not...at least not in its attack animations.

90750d1381339929-rumour-thread-spoilers-alleged-leaks-tumblr_muev06h00q1romni1o1_1280.jpg

Pretty cool if you ask me! Maybe its official art will show Delphox using the stick/wand.

I'm having troubles identifying a stick in that screen :S

Artemis said:
iDrake said:
I'm having troubles identifying a stick in that screen :S

Look in Delphox's right hand. It's holding it like a wand.

Oh that's it. Didn't recognize that it's her hand.
Well, I'm kinda happy for Team Fennekin, they get to keep their beloved wand :>
Thank you :D

YAY! delphox has a wand, after all! how dare you to keep that from the idle model, GF! You mislead me!

Now please tell me that hobo robe opens and she can wear it like a coat or something, or that the hair rearranges into a hat.

You are one step closer to being good, Delphox!
Good girl.
[img width=400 height=]http://25.media.tumblr.com/03511e3f4d0390de4a9b96a4aa43a16f/tumblr_muev29lOZF1romni1o1_500.jpg[/img]

Back