XY Leaked : Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

Just looking at their appearance, I'm going to assume...

1 = Low, 2 = Average, 3 = High

Chesnaught:
HP - 2
Attack - 3
Defense - 3
Special Atk - 2
Special Def. - 1
Speed - 1

Delphox:
HP - 1
Attack - 2
Defense - 1
Special Atk. - 3
Special Def. - 3
Speed - 2

Greninja:
HP - 2
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Special Atk. - 3
Special Def. - 1
Speed - 3

Wailady said:
Just looking at their appearance, I'm going to assume...

1 = Low, 2 = Average, 3 = High

Chesnaught:
HP - 2
Attack - 3
Defense - 3
Special Atk - 2
Special Def. - 1
Speed - 1

Delphox:
HP - 1
Attack - 2
Defense - 1
Special Atk. - 3
Special Def. - 3
Speed - 2

Greninja:
HP - 2
Attack - 2
Defense - 2
Special Atk. - 3
Special Def. - 1
Speed - 3

I'd think Delphox's attack stat would be minimal. Mages tend to not like getting their hands dirty.

RE: Leaked: Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

Rune Yagami said:
P.DelSlayer said:
You just hit the nail right on the head.

Most people dislike these evolutions because they're not like all the badass fan art out there. They get their expectations very high for them, and then when they finally see them, they say 'ughh they're so boring, this fan art should've been the real thing' or something along those lines.

I personally don't have a major problem with any of the starter evolutions, but keep in mind we haven't seen their official art yet - this could change everything.

This is exactly why I ignore fan art. The Official art is always much better anyway. I personally think the official art is going to be great, and might even make me think that Chesnaught doesn't look as strange as it does in the screenshots.

Ok so I'll reserve any further judgement until the official art is released. Hope that helps.

SynxS1N said:
Rune Yagami said:
This is exactly why I ignore fan art. The Official art is always much better anyway. I personally think the official art is going to be great, and might even make me think that Chesnaught doesn't look as strange as it does in the screenshots.

Ok so I'll reserve any further judgement until the official art is released. Hope that helps.

Well, a quite talented artist create these drawing which copies Ken Sugimori's art style as accurate as possible. Can be a refresher and maybe will help a little bit for a judgement while we wait for the real official artwork. :)

ZEN41Gr.png

Ririka said:
SynxS1N said:

Well, a quite talented artist create these drawing which copies Ken Sugimori's art style as accurate as possible. Can be a refresher and maybe will help a little bit for a judgement while we wait for the real official artwork. :)

ZEN41Gr.png

Chesnaught is a boss I really love him! Btw who drew delphox? I know xous54 drew the other 2

ashyboy said:
Ririka said:

ZEN41Gr.png

Chesnaught is a boss I really love him! Btw who drew delphox? I know xous54 drew the other 2

I bet it's one of those Pixiv artist. :)

These drawing successfully make me think that gen VI's starter got the best concept out of all, the concept connected to these three starter make it more valuable. I love planned concept/theme with connection and relation to each other. <3 :p

Ririka said:
ashyboy said:

I bet it's one of those Pixiv artist. :)

These drawing successfully make me think that gen VI's starter got the best concept out of all, the concept connected to these three starter make it more valuable. I love planned concept/theme with connection and relation to each other. <3 :p

Well yes its really a good play inspiring from classic mmorpg classes and idk why people are still complaining about the designs...I mean they may not be perfect because the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Gf can't please everyone but they really look cool. Still better than gen 5 even though at first i was meh and now they really have grown on me and these new ones look fabulous from the start exept for a few details and will probably be more respected as time goes by.(people are just blinded by high expectation right now) Btw is it just me but I can totally see Delphox hiding a spell book or something...it would be cool though.

ashyboy said:
Well yes its really a good play inspiring from classic mmorpg classes and idk why people are still complaining about the designs...I mean they may not be perfect because the beauty is in the eye of the beholder and Gf can't please everyone but they really look cool. Still better than gen 5 even though at first i was meh and now they really have grown on me and these new ones look fabulous from the start exept for a few details and will probably be more respected as time goes by.(people are just blinded by high expectation right now) Btw is it just me but I can totally see Delphox hiding a spell book or something...it would be cool though.

I know right! And we haven't yet seen their actual battle animations, like how they attack and how they are animated during idle state. I could imagine Delphox moving it's hand with some sparkle to indicate casting a spell then boom, Mystical Fire! Awesomeness.

I want to list the base stats I calculated from Chesnaught's picture:

Hp:104
Atk:114
Def:129
Spatk:90
Spdef:87
Spd:79
Total:603
This is obviously too much since I wrote 0 iv's and 0 ev's so I predict them to be aprox
Hp:95
Atk:100
Def:115
Spatk:75
Spdef:75
Speed:65
Which is pretty much what we expected good physical low special also Its faster than Torterra so Its not too bad
Grass cant be put to sleep now it has all sorts of sparys multi hit moves and also its own protect that damages the opponent if it uses a physical attack(spiky shield) or at least Chesnaught. I hope he can learn mach punch. All grass types need is a new priority grass move and grass rules!

Also this is my 100th post cheers for me!

I don't necessarily dislike Chesnaught's design, but I wish he'd be a bit bulkier so he could fill up that empty space inside his own shell. In general he just looks so plain. If you leave out that shell he's got nothing that would make you think he's part of Chespin's evolution line. Same for Dephox, plain as bread.
Except for Greninja these evolutions are just okay, there is nothing special/innovative/creative about them that some people are claiming.

It's quite funny, Froakie's first evolution was the plainest one. Braixen was the most creative and surprising one, due to her Stick and her bipedality. Quilladin was the most mysterious one, since nobody knew what would happen at the end.
At the end Greninja really surprised everyone with his tongue scarf (even though it is still kinda weird to me), especially his dark typing, since a lot expected fighting (which does make more sense, designwise).
Dephox is in my eyes the plainest starter evolution ever seen. A fire fox in a red robe (this is how much it takes to describe Dephox).
Chesnaught should've been the one with the biggest surprise factor and he probably was to a big part of the community, but for me it was obvious that he'd have a shell with spikes, I just hoped it would look better. I mean, he doesn't even fit into his own shell, like it really was stolen from Bowser. And his fighting type really is a mystery to me. I feel like if it weren't for Dephox' psychic type, the other two would've gotten a different one.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really hatin' on these designs, but imo Ken can do better than these three. Personally, Pokemon should look at the end of their evolution line like "adults", but this time they seem (at least for me) like teenagers, like they could evolve one more time. Probably they'll be able to (mega-)evolve in another edition.

For the people saying some had too high expectations, I think they may not had too high expectations, just different or maybe used to "better" evos.
But at the end it does come down to own preferences and taste.

And hello to the Pokebeach community :)

Ririka said:

ZEN41Gr.png

Honestly I didn't like what I saw at 1st, but when I took a look
at this art, I feel in love. xD

I like them. <3

ElementFreak said:
Ririka said:

ZEN41Gr.png

Honestly I didn't like what I saw at 1st, but when I took a look
at this art, I feel in love. xD

I like them. <3
Yes you can actually say there's more to them than meets the eye(hope you get the reference).

Ririka said:
SynxS1N said:

ZEN41Gr.png

Even this talented artist can't help it grow on me at all . Since the design is awful .
This is the first gen that i don't pick any starter . I'll say good bye to it as soon as i can catch other pokemon .

All three starters are amazing. Other than Gen IV's set of final evos these are my favorite set of final evos.

Ririka said:
SynxS1N said:

ZEN41Gr.png

This art helps a bit but have to agree with iDrake in most of his description.

They're just underwhelming and/or weird. I saw some fan made design for chespins final evo that just looked like a hedgehog with green shell with spikes on it. I think that would've been more appropriate (just my opinion).

And the typing broke my heart as well. I was hope it would've ended up grass/dark, water/fighting, and fire/psychic. Creating balance, but they just doubly spank each other. Very exciting :(

I know I'm wining, I just need to vent. I'll get used to them eventually.

I love them all.

Chaspins final : Looks like a killer machine it is finally a grass starter that can put a great fight with its second type
×4 weakness to flying is kind of a pain but its just fine
Its design is so special imo he remainds me a little bit of the humans machine in Matrix 2

Delphox: This fire psychic gave the fans what they asked for . No fighting type. That is alone just enought to be happy about it.
And on top of that its psychic type kills its last 3 fire starters friends.
It also will be great to see it in Pokemon amie.

Greninja: My personal starter for my first XY run.
like everyone else I hated it when we got its first image. Mostly because of that pink thing.. BUT all of a sudden and with a lot of help from fans art, this guy stolen my heart. (I love that pink thing !)

These starters final evolutions design beats imo :
5th gen
4th gen
3th gen

yeah I said it.

So apparently Greninja gets Dragon Dance. (according to a leaker)
This is gonna be fun.

Hoping Chesnaught gets Shell Smash and Delphox gets Nasty Plot.

In one word: absolute trash!
Chespin's evo reminds me too much of bipedal mummified Torterra, Fennekin's seems like a hobo witch. Froakie's evo is the only one that I like a bit, at least from the head down. The "tongue scarf" is a nice touch but it reminds me of jar-Jar Binks and those head triangles don't match with the rest of the body and don't seem adequate for a Pokémon that looks very streamlined.

Back