XY Leaked : Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

RE: Leaked: Final Evolutions Of The X / Y Starters!

How to pronounce Pokemon names is actually a very heated and regular debate among fans. It's discussion is warranted. Additionally, you've gotta admit it's pretty creative.

What about this supposed difference between male and female Chesnaught? Do you think it's possible there will be gender differences for all of the final starter evolutions?

The final Froakie evolution is not bad. However, I kinda hope that they kept the bubbles. I won't be playing this game anyway because a. I don't have the console and b. I don't think I could afford one. Hahahaha!

Anyway, since I realize that changing the subject is best for everyone, perhaps we should delve into the more technical aspects of Chesnaught.
The image showing its stat spread shows it is slow and relatively defensive.
It may just be me, but when I see Chesnaught, I see a worse version of Breloom.

Shining Raikou said:
How to pronounce Pokemon names is actually a very heated and regular debate among fans. It's discussion is warranted. Additionally, you've gotta admit it's pretty creative.

What about this supposed difference between male and female Chesnaught? Do you think it's possible there will be gender differences for all of the final starter evolutions?

If it were up to me, every single Pokemon species would have a gender difference, so yeah, I really want this to happen.

Shining Raikou said:

As what we've seen is the female Delphox, could the male be different in maybe the hair from the ear a bit shorter, or a different style of coat? That would be fantastic.

I really disliked the Fennekin line until I saw the final evo; in fact- it's the only reason I would even consider picking the gen 6 fire-type starter.

Greninja has grown on me. Just don't like the name.

Or to be honest, the pointy ear things. But I'll get over it.

On another note, Chesnaught reminds me of the Gargomon line from Digimon haha.

Shining Raikou said:

These are my actual guesses...
Female Samurott will lose the beard.
Male Chesnaught will have no beard, but the fur will still continue down. Possibly even a slightly more feminine bodyshape.
Delphox could have a fur point on it's chin like a beard of some sort for the male version.
Greninja could... Umm... Greninja. Maybe slightly alternate colors? I'd love to see the froakie line get some slightly different colors for females. After all, we have yet to see the females of that line, right? Maybe they would be more colorful or a bit purple?

Rune Yagami said:
TayBee said:
I feel like I am one of the only ones that absolutely LOVES Froakie's line... I think the tongue aspect is so unique. I am definitely going to name mine either Gamakichi or Gamabunta Lol.

Lickitung has something to say about tongues being unique.

Tongue as a scarf ? That's unique.

Rune Yagami said:
Anyway, since I realize that changing the subject is best for everyone, perhaps we should delve into the more technical aspects of Chesnaught.

Seems like it will be a slower, physical defense pokemon but with a high attack stat. I don't play competitive personally, although I can see how that could be a problem.

TayBee said:
Rune Yagami said:
Lickitung has something to say about tongues being unique.

Tongue as a scarf ? That's unique.

Yeah, I guess so. There has got to be a 'tongue tie' joke in there somewhere, but I can't think of it.

WAAAAAAHAHHHHHHHHH

WHY DELPHOX WHY DID IT HAD TO BE DELPHOX...

WAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH... sniff.

You were adorable as fennekin, and good as braixen; you had your little skirt, and an awesome wand, and the thighs you stole from chun-li, but THIS? WHY ARE YOU A FURRY IN A ROBE? WHY? WHERE IS YOUR AWESOME WAND? WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THAT FUR IN YOUR SHOULDERS? WHY ARE YOU DARK RED ALL OF A SUDDEN? WHY IS YOUR HEAD THAT SMALL?
I never like the final starters, but how could fennekin NOT evolve into something gorgeous? HOW? YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE, DELPHOX!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BCWD93 said:
Rune Yagami said:

Seems like it will be a slower, physical defense pokemon but with a high attack stat. I don't play competitive personally, although I can see how that could be a problem.

Grass/Fighting is fairly good defensive typing, but not the greatest. In fact, the usage of Fighting types is going to take a dive, because people are going to use Fairy type Pokemon a lot, because if they don't use Fairy types, then Dragons destroying the metagame isn't going to be stop. If anything, Poison type usage is going to increase too, which is even worse for Chesnaught. Poor guy. Looks awesome. However: #NU4LIFE

EDIT: As long as Gengar exists, Chesnaught is going to be poop.

I hope this can make someone feels better:

tumblr_mu2ruqSxNT1rtppdro1_500.png

More love towards Delphox since it's initial debut <3 :)

Though a bit of me also hoped for a witch-style, there are tons of people there who hate Fennekin's femininity, so i think GF makes Delphox more or less a bit unisex.

Rune Yagami said:
BCWD93 said:

Grass/Fighting is fairly good defensive typing, but not the greatest. In fact, the usage of Fighting types is going to take a dive, because people are going to use Fairy type Pokemon a lot, because if they don't use Fairy types, then Dragons destroying the metagame isn't going to be stop. If anything, Poison type usage is going to increase too, which is even worse for Chesnaught. Poor guy. Looks awesome. However: #NU4LIFE

We'll probably see a couple, spiky shell makes it a decent physical wall. Nice to see poison get some love but since grass is it's only other strength, it's an unavoidable yet necessary sacrifice.
Edit: So is there any chance Ferrothorn will learn spiky shell?

Ririka said:

Though a bit of me also hoped for a witch-style, there are tons of people there who hate Fennekin's femininity, so i think GF makes Delphox more or less a bit unisex.

That's lovely but I kinda wish that they kept the stick since it's like its trademark or something. Just like how they removed Froakie's bubbles.

wuchereria_bancrofti said:
Ririka said:

That's lovely but I kinda wish that they kept the stick since it's like its trademark or something. Just like how they removed Froakie's bubbles.

Change symbolizes growth and maturity, people. A master wizard loses the need for a wand, and frogs lose their bubbles upon entering adulthood. Besides, Greninja wouldn't make a very good ninja if he left a trail of bubbles everywhere.

Rune Yagami said:
wuchereria_bancrofti said:

Change symbolizes growth and maturity, people. A master wizard loses the need for a wand, and frogs lose their bubbles upon entering adulthood. Besides, Greninja wouldn't make a very good ninja if he left a trail of bubbles everywhere.

Couldn't agree more, but I can't like anything for some reason. :/

BCWD93 said:
Rune Yagami said:

We'll probably see a couple, spiky shell makes it a decent physical wall. Nice to see poison get some love but since grass is it's only other strength, it's an unavoidable yet necessary sacrifice.

If Ferrothorn gets spiky shell, it would make perfect sense. It would also make leech seed/protect variants into leech seed/spiky shell versions, which would be even more annoying. Spiky Shell + Iron Barbs + Leech Seed + the potential for Toxic. That's a freaking bunch of passive damage per turn.

Rune Yagami said:
BCWD93 said:

If Ferrothorn gets spiky shell, it would make perfect sense. It would also make leech seed/protect variants into leech seed/spiky shell versions, which would be even more annoying. Spiky Shell + Iron Barbs + Leech Seed + the potential for Toxic. That's a freaking bunch of passive damage per turn.

. . . . And this is why I don't play competitive Haha
I'm way too direct in my game play: four attacks, all different types for coverage.

BCWD93 said:
Rune Yagami said:

. . . . And this is why I don't play competitive Haha
I'm way too direct in my game play: four attacks, all different types for coverage.

There are Pokemon that fill that niche in competitive battles, but they can't all be that way. Nidoking is a good example of a Pokemon who would always carry 4 attacking moves and always try to hit for super effective damage. Blissey, on the other hand....

I love Fennekin , Chespin and Froakie so much . I've been waiting to see Froakie final evolution for 8 month .
But after i see the final evolution . Um... It's look like I'm losing all hope . T__T

Back