LaserBank or Silver Bangle in Plasma?

Your Master

Aspiring Trainer
The title says it all. Would you recommend LaserBank or Bangle in Plasma with all of this VirGen hype?

Definitely Bangle, if you can make use of it.
Kyurem+Bangle+Benched Deoxys' = OHKO, that you may be able to repeat provided your opponent doesn't use a Tool Scrapper next turn. :p

Personally I'm doing:
-4 Laser
-2 Virbank
+4 Bangle
+2 Tool Scrapper

for the new Format on my TDK Deck. I think that's the best option. OHKO potential not limited by possible opposing Virizion, and more Scrappers to counter Silver Mirrors, Bangles, G-Boosters, Reversal Triggers and Garbadors.

I have found that using Bangle with Kyurem and Absol PLF works well.. A Blizzard Burn hits for the magic 180 with 3 Deoxys and a Bangle, and a Keldeo EX+Float Stone lets you use that every turn... And an Absol Mind Jack hits for also hits for 180 with 3 Deoxys, Bangle, and your opponents bench being full. Hypnotoxic Laser isn't necessary in this deck.

Your Master said:
I am using bangle currently, I was just wondering which people prefer

Both. I run Darkrai/Absol/sableye and now that energy switch is out of format.I decided to run 2x Bangles along with 2x Dark claw and 4x lasers. That way my Darkrai will have Dark Claw and Absol+Bangle

^Agreed, my plasma list runs both (http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-nxd-on-giratina-deoxys-ex) and the amount of power that laser/bank and silver bangle adds together is unreal. There is no question in my mind that both belong in plasma

Bangle makes for some great T1 Frost Spears and even though HTL would do the same damage, it's nice to not worry about Virizion preventing that. With the abundance of ways to clear Special Conditions in most decks (Float, Switch, Keldeo, etc.) I think that Bangle has become the more reliable play.

It2Zoroark said:
the amount of power that laser/bank and silver bangle adds together is unreal. There is no question in my mind that both belong in plasma

This. Lasers offers the deck so much aggression early and passive damage that can really wrack up while Bangles are pretty situational I've found for getting OHKOs but are also particularly fantastic against Virizion/Gensect. If you structure your list to make room, you can fit both in and have some really great results at least from what I've found.

dmaster out.

masterforce said:
I run 4 lasers,2 banks and 3 Bangles. The damage piles up quickly.

Its been awhile :) My last post I pointed out that i play "Absolute Junk" and it is a fun deck to play!

With Absol+Bangle/laser you will bank for 180! Of course the other player has to have a full bench for that to happen :p I also place Silver mirror on to my Sableye for protection.

Gusto83 said:
masterforce said:
I run 4 lasers,2 banks and 3 Bangles. The damage piles up quickly.

Its been awhile :) My last post I pointed out that i play "Absolute Junk" and it is a fun deck to play!

With Absol+Bangle/laser you will bank for 180! Of course the other player has to have a full bench for that to happen :p I also place Silver mirror on to my Sableye for protection.

Nice. Kyurems 120 + 30 bangle + 30 lasers = 180 without deoxys!

No. Deoxys is so much better than either Bangle or HTL imo that I'd never consider cutting it.

Some lists only run 3, but I would never run fewer. This deck really doesn't work without Deoxys - 10 damage every turn per Deoxys is way too nice to pass up for extra Bangles or LaserBank.

I have no idea how you guys are finding the room for both... Plasma has tight lists as it already is and you must be sacrificing consistency or something essential for both. Only one would ever work and as D_V has already said 4 Deoxys is essential and better than lasers and bangle. In terms of Laserbank VS. Bangle I prefer bangle mostly because it is:
>More consistent
>Requires less space
>Helps against VirGen

I also run both, 4 laser 2 bank 2 bangle. Took me a bit to squeeze them in but it isn't impossibe and it helps a great deal. I think one of the greatest things about laserbank plasma was how easy it could donk and/or do massive 1st turn damage. Kyurem/thundurus + 1-3deoxys +laser + bank +bangle = many different ways to swing for 70 dmg on reg pokemon or even 90 on EXs (a perfect start could even net you 120 dmg on an EX). Knocking out stable basics like sableye and squirtle and putting large enough dents in EXs that they are easy pickings. Laserbank is too good in this deck to not play just because Virizion EX is around. I've had matches against VirGen where laser even helped. Just got play around it like anything else.

Back