LandorusEX/Aerodactyl

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
Landorus EX is extremely powerful. 2HKOing anything with first attack + second attack combo. The only thing is when you have to discard to get the KO.

144-landorus-ex.jpg

The idea is to add Aerodactyl:
53-aerodactyl.jpg

I want to know if this is viable because to 2HKO any pokemon without eviolite (except BK + crystal wall or Wailord) and OHKO Darkrai EX is great. I would also pair it with Darkrai EX, Mewtwo EX, Terrakion or Terrakion EX. It would also help countering the meta (Darkrai Variants and Eels Variants and Mewtwo EX). Hitting for Hard damage while countering the meta is big.
You may think, what is the difference with this and using Terrakion EX? What you want is that whenever you want to, you just hit while discarding energies or just use the first attack.

Hmm, it does sound like a good idea at first, but it WOULD require Twist Mountain, which involves a coin-flip, and that naturally makes it less consistent.

What will you do when you fight Landorus EX's counterpart, Keldeo EX, along with Blastoise? At that point, you'd better be very aggressive against those Squirtle, use Catcher, and KO them as soon as possible with Hammer Head + Aerodactyl + 2 Plus Power. It sounds like a rather one-sided fight. Once your opponent gets 3 {W} Energy on Keldeo EX, you're outta there!

Maybe you could tech Shaymin EX to counterattack your opponent!

PumpedAaron said:
Hmm, it does sound like a good idea at first, but it WOULD require Twist Mountain, which involves a coin-flip, and that naturally makes it less consistent.

What will you do when you fight Landorus EX's counterpart, Keldeo EX, along with Blastoise? At that point, you'd better be very aggressive against those Squirtle, use Catcher, and KO them as soon as possible with Hammer Head + Aerodactyl + 2 Plus Power. It sounds like a rather one-sided fight. Once your opponent gets 3 {W} Energy on Keldeo EX, you're outta there!

Maybe you could tech Shaymin EX to counterattack your opponent!

I would also run Darkrai, Terrakion or Mewtwo. Also including Shaymin might be a good idea with prism.

I'm testing a Tornadus EX/Landorus EX/Aerodactyl donk deck, and it's been doing very well so far. It also plays 1 Tornadus EPO, 1 Mewtwo EX, and some Ditto to give you options for your starting attacker.

I've been playing Landorus EX / Tornadus EX / Mewtwo / Aerodactyl for quite sometime now. It is an amazing deck. I'm playing max Aerodactyl and Pluspower. It is next to impossible to keep up with it early game. I'd really recommend testing the deck.

Vulpix Yolk said:
I've been playing Landorus EX / Tornadus EX / Mewtwo / Aerodactyl for quite sometime now. It is an amazing deck. I'm playing max Aerodactyl and Pluspower. It is next to impossible to keep up with it early game. I'd really recommend testing the deck.

You gave it away :[

But yeah, it's amazing. It has crazy high damage output, it's extremely fast, can donk quite easily, and doesn't have any glaring weaknesses. Landorus patches up the possible Eels weakness and utterly destroys Darkrai, and Tornadus EX and Mewtwo take care of Keldeo quite well (as I learned when playing against Vulpix.)

^ landorus EX/ Tornadus ex/ aerodactyl deck idea has already been floating around since landy ex was announced...

The idea isn't that bad. What I think would be needed is Exp. Share and maxed out PlusPowers. I think having all of the other cards like Darkrai and Terrakion EX is unnecessary and will hurt consistency. The only problem would be Keldeo which could be stopped by Bouffalant or Terrakion. It would probably be tough to make this deck work, but I think it could be a decent-good deck if the right list is worked out.

Back