JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A reprint of Lady, last seen in Sun & Moon—Forbidden Light, has been revealed from the Japanese set Lost Abyss, which releases in Japan on July 15th. We should see most of the cards from this set become part of our Lost Origin set in September.
Lady – Trainer
Supporter
Search your deck for up to 4 basic Energy cards, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.
You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I was playing a 1-of Lady and even in a deck that needed it + had a reliable way to get it (Slowpoke & Psyduck GX) it felt terrible to actually use its effect. Something like find 2 + draw 2 would be much more appealing.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
The Lady's new design is lovely, but searching for basic energies is just not good on a supporter. Professor's Letter or Viridian Forest reprint on the other hand would be very welcome.

Mango6156

Aspiring Trainer
What where they expecting from us ? "LETS fudging GO WE GOT A LADY REPRINT!!!! THIS IS A 4-OF IN EVERY DECK

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Could be better than Gordie since it guarantees you 4 energies. Would probably see play in decks that have powerful draw engines like bibarel/ liepard for your items and evolutions. Could help Rayquaza VMAX play less energy and more trainers for better consistency. But you would need lots of ultra balls and incense. And lets not forget Hisuian Decidueye VSTAR*

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer

Stalltar

Aspiring Trainer
Wow this is disappointing. I only remember lady being played in that alolan dugtrio deck and besides that, nothing else played it. I don't see any deck that would really want to play it now either. Can't wait for the eventual tool reprint to be lucky helmet or dragon talon then.

Pikachu2111

Aspiring Trainer
Okay but why wasn't it heavily played? If there was a card that did its job but better that isn't in rotation right now that's a pretty good reason to reprint it
It was because there were better things to use supporter for turn on. We didn't have good energy search until viridian forest in team up (2 sets later). This was just too expensive for the output.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
It was because there were better things to use supporter for turn on. We didn't have good energy search until viridian forest in team up (2 sets later). This was just too expensive for the output.
So what about now? Are there better ways to get energy?

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Why tho

TPCi: *reprints the same unplayable "draw 3" supporter every other set with different names*

Community: "..."

TPCi: reprints Lady

Community:

View attachment 16632
Creatures/TPC, not TPCi

That said, the reason people aren't bothered by the Draw 3 supporters is because we understand its purpose (beginner decks). Also, frankly, it's still better than Lady lmao

Last edited: