BW/BW2 Kyurem Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
This thread is only for Speculation about Kyurem, since many people have speculated on this pokemon. For example do think Kyurem is related to Reshiram and Zekrom, will Kyurem get new formes because of its two signature attacks, Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare?, will he become a mascot legendary, etc. Speculate, also I have some links and info below on Kyurem from bulbapedia!

Kyurem's Origin
To the north-east of Kagome Town lies Giant Hole(were you capture Kyurem), which is a location that has affected the residents of the town greatly over the years. According to legend, a long time ago, a large meteor came from the sky containing a terrifying monster(Kyurem). It was said that at night the monster would appear in the town along with the cold winds and take away humans and Pokémon to eat them. The residents of the town surrounded Kagome Town in a wall to keep the monster out. A rule was then set on the town that forbade anyone from leaving at night and encouraged people to stay in their homes. Even though residents no longer believe this old story, they still stay inside of their houses at night.

Kyurem Talk from Bulbapedia
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Talk:Kyurem_(Pokémon)

For those of you who don't know who kyurem is, here is a picture!
646Kyurem.png

Mods, please do not lock, I changed the title of my old thread to this one, to clean in up.

RE: Kyurem Came From A Meteorite!

So, how do Reshiram and Zekrom fit into this legend, and how will this work out in Gray, where Kyurem is the main legend, you don't go to Kagome Town until AFTER you get the National Dex, which is AFTER you defeat Team Plasma, the only way this could work out is to make it so that Route 11 and 12 have no National Dex Pokemon or make it so you get the National Dex from Aragagi after beating whoever will be the last Gym Leader in Gray, since it won't be Iris or Shaga, they will have to make a third Gym Leader, but that's another topic....

The devs will find a way if it needs to be done.

Back then in Gen III people wondered how a 3rd version will be possible without creating a 3rd villainous team and a 3rd orb for Rayquaza. In the end, it was still pulled off using the existing elements.

To add on to Xie's post, in DP, Giratina was known as a Pokémon that appears in cemeteries. It also lived near a lake completely unrelated to the DP Sinnoh myths. They still pulled a Giratina for Platinum, though.

I'd still be interesting to see how they pull this off for the 3rd version.

There will probably be more of kyurem's legend in the future, things we don't know about him now. But ya Game Freak will work something in for the 3rd version!

There always is the possibility that Kyurem isn't the 3rd trio member and that the 3rd member is to be revealed in the 3rd game, thus explaining the Pokemon Crimson trademark. Note this is all speculation

Can you give a link to the Bulbapedia article or tell me where to look? I can't find it.

Very interesting. This is the first time I've heard of Pokemon intentionally and directly killing and EATING people and Pokemon.

I want there to be a new, "Night" form of Kyurem that has higher base stats and a cooler look, similar to how they gave Giratina a new form in Platinum.

Also, @superfoof , maybe the Pokemon Crimson trademark could have something to do with a Pokemon CrimsonRuby game?

Cool. Think it needs two forms.
A really high special attack (with low attack)
and the opposites. One fire, one elc.

Theyll figure out of way just like all the other games.
And why wouldnt kyurem be the third game mascot? Its the wuji to the yinyang. They go together just like all the others.
Besides, what crimson without cobalt and verdant?

RE: Kyurem Came From a Meteorite, and Eats Humans and Pokemon

@Unseen Psyco Poke-Fan
I don't wanna mini-mod, but actually contributing to the discussion would be nice.
@Extreme Pokemon Fan
Thanks for the link.
It is really interesting. I wonder if the first or second BW movie (remember, m13 is a DP movie) will focus on Kyurem and Kagome Town, like Giratina and The Sky Warrior(shaymin). Maybe it'll be Kyurem and Genosect... Or does Genosect deserve it's own movie?

Wait, I'm confused, what Pokemon Crimson Trademark ARE we talking about?

Next, wierd but cool theory.

^Finally, Genosect deserves his own movie where he kills a bunch of people with his laser (not even joking when I say this)

Hmm... very interesting. Never seen anything about a Pokemon killing and eating other Pokemon and people, so that is a nice change of pace.

Actually, somewhere it said Ekans ate pidgey, I think was one of Ekans pokedex entries.

Pokemon CrimsonRuby and ColbatSapphire sound really cool.

After seeing it's KS artwork, I actually really like Kyurem and this furthers my interest. He doesn't look like a naked chicken now does he?

The Pokemon Crimson trademark can't be for a Ruby remake because there is no Sapphire equivalent. (ex. colbalt, navy, ect.)

I was just thinking crimsonruby and cobaltsapphire. And there could be another trademark soonto come.
Or this could all be a big hoax, like that hasnt happened before.
I love kyurem but it needs atleast one other form. It just looks to inferior, and its stats fail to back it up.

First expression after reading first few sentences: Cool he came from a meteorite! That leads so much speculation towered Pokemon Grey!
Expression after readin whole post: OMG Kyurem's a cannibal!

I think that there needs to be pokemon who eats humans to convince non-pokemon people to realize that pokemon isn't a children's game anymore.

Also, if this theory is true, I think that Kyurem only eats humans to protect pokemon. That seems to be the theory of this generation, after all--Strong pokemon/humans trying to liberate/protect pokemon from humans. Just look, the Genie trio and the Muskateer quad-io are all for protecting pokemon. Then we have Team Plasma and N who wish to free pokemon from humans. And if this is true, Kyurem who eats humans so those humans won't abuse pokemon. Pokemon seems to have more complex storyline now. :)

^^ Correct.

Odd he eats humans though. He doesn't look like the type to do that. When I first saw him, I thought it was a crippled flying thing.

First off, isnt this kinda graphic for Pokemon???

Secondly, Im sure this isnt the story for the third game. Theyre gonna make some whole backstory and such to this.

And I noticed that the legend for the energy trio is 'They were one being before they were split apart.' Im guessing that some whole battle took place within space, ending in Reshiram and Zekrom splitting apart. The remains of this battle (Kyuremu) fell towards earth in an icy meteorite due to weakness. (Which is why he looks so frail) So my guess is that in the 3rd Game, you catch Kyurem in its weak form, then go on some quest or such, and Kyurem's new form will become after its finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back