Klinklang Viability?

went 5-0 with it in swiss saturday, and didnt play on sunday... it is really good

Could you tell us what techs you used? I understand if you don't want to, though.

all i can say as of right now- keldeo (2) darkrai (2) landorus (2)

Oh, wow. That's certainly interesting. Is Klang not needed now that trainer lock is practically gone?

i think it is a waist of space... my list gets out klinklang by turn 3 every game, alot of the time turn 2

I guess. Haven't played the deck since Skyla came out.
BTW, do all of you think Mewtwo or Sigilyph? I can't decide which one is better in the Keldeo matchup and across the board.

Lumos77 said:
I guess. Haven't played the deck since Skyla came out.
BTW, do all of you think Mewtwo or Sigilyph? I can't decide which one is better in the Keldeo matchup and across the board.

Do you only have room for 1? I would put both if I had the room.

EDIT: But if I only had room for 1, I would choose Sigilyph, because it's better across the board.

I think you need Klang. It's extremely helpful for getting out your second Klinklang.

I KNEW those 5 Klinklang I had been keeping in that top-loader since early Summer would suddenly burst into awesomeness *glint eyes*...

Truth be told, there are a few setbacks inherent in Klinklang Decks: Many of the attackers are on the higher-demand spectrum of Energy needs, susceptibility to Hammers, evolving Basic risks being Catcher bait. Sigilyph walls all the main attackers. Once it gets going,though, it'll really grind your opponent's gears! Hahaha, *punches self*

Now for the advantages: Consistent healing with Max Potion and strong attacks from Landorus EX, Black Kyurem EX, Keldeo EX, etc, you'll have MANY shots at striking your opponent's weakness! The triad of Black Kyurem EX, Keldeo EX, and Darkrai EX also enables swift field manipulation, while striking with back breaking p0w0r! I'd like to tech Mewtwo EX in that kind of Deck if there's still room. You'll certainly appreciate the OHKO he offers against... other Mewtwo EX.

I'm pretty skeptical about finding much space for techs in a tight Deck like this, but you WILL need a tech attacker against Sigilyph, such as another Sigilyph, or Terrakion. On the other hand, when push comes to shove, you COULD try Klinklang's Gear Grind, but that's really only advised if there's no other option to beat Sigilyph...

I haven't tried the Deck out myself, and the last time I fought against it was a few months ago on PlayTCG. That's just one battle. My ideas aren't based off of raw experience on the field with this Deck, just pondering about it.

BKEX is not very good, I would suggest using Shaymin, Keldeo, Mewtwo, and Darkrai EX.

Cooltrainer Alan said:
BKEX is not very good, I would suggest using Shaymin, Keldeo, Mewtwo, and Darkrai EX.

You don't understand why its good, do you. - ______-

Ok, so what you do is:
1. Hit for 150 for a KO or something.
2. Do a Max Potion thingy if necessary
3. Rush in with Keldeo EX.
4. Move a prism to Keldeo EX then retreat with Dark Cloak back to BKEX.
5. Go back to step #1.

It hits consistently, amazingly strong, takes blend WLFM, and can be dropped in nearly any matchup as an amazing sweeper. Stalls some decks with paralyze and nobody plays many dragon types anymore, and you wouldn't play it down in that matchup, just like you wouldn't use Landorus EX against Keldeo. Almost never OHKOd.

RogueChomp said:
Cooltrainer Alan said:

Ok, so what you do is:
5. Go back to step #1.

It hits consistently, amazingly strong, takes blend WLFM, and can be dropped in nearly any matchup as an amazing sweeper. Stalls some decks with paralyze and nobody plays many dragon types anymore, and you wouldn't play it down in that matchup, just like you wouldn't use Landorus EX against Keldeo. Almost never OHKOd.

OK, quick question: Crystal Wall or not? It seems like it could be really useful with BK EX, and you could add in a sableye to get it back.

Puff-Sun said:
RogueChomp said:

Ok, so what you do is:
5. Go back to step #1.

OK, quick question: Crystal Wall or not? It seems like it could be really useful with BK EX, and you could add in a sableye to get it back.

I wouldnt play it because you can only use one and most people play tool scrapper so then its gone. Also it doesnt really help much againest Rayquaza decks because they only need one more energy to knock it out. Its just not worth it its better to run Computer Search or possibly Gold Potion.

Computer Search > Crystal Wall
Sableye would lose u energy, and you need energies in play. Crystal Wall won't really help much, other than preventing KOs from Ray DRX and Hydrei, but you wouldn't play it down against Rayeels, and you'd time when you play it down against Hydreigon to OHKO their Hydreigon.
Computer Search is just too good, Now you can get a pinch Special Energy, Trainer, the lists goes on and on (I know you know that just sayin)
Plus Crystal Wall gets Scrappered.

maybe Klinklang EP would be a nice add-in and helps you against Hammers. I mean you already run the evo line. I would go either 3-1 or 2-2 witht the Klinklangs. What do you guys think?

if you are playing the ep one, make it 2 shift gears, 1 ep

Back