• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Kingdra / Greninja

masqueraingoddess

I have a new deck idea everyday
Pokemon:

• 2 Kingdra (XY promo)
    2 Kingdra (PLF)
    3 Seadra (PLF)
    2 Horsea (PCL)
    2 Electrode (PLF)
    2 Voltorb (XY)
    2 Manaphy (PCL)
    2 Greninja (XY)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Archie's Ace in the Hole
    3 Caitlin
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    1 Skyla
    1 Iris
    4 Maintenance
    3 Battle Compressor
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Rare Candy
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Professor's Letter
    1 Max Potion
    1 Switch
    1 Superior Energy Retrieval
    1 Training Center
    1 Dowsing Machine
Energy:

• 9 Water Energy
    3 Lightning Energy

Strategy:
The best start is playing second with Manaphy to set up Deep Sea Swirl or Being able to stall with Horsea's bubble. If going first send up Voltorb or Horsea if possible.

The main attack is Kingdra's Dragon Blast 150 kingdra can easily be provided with the energy with its Ancient Trait A growth.

The secondary attacker is the Kingdra from plasma freeze Dragon Vortex shuffles all of the energy back into the deck and can achieve a total of 220 damage. tri-bullet is decent as well doing 30 damage to 3 of your opponent's Pokemon.

Techs:
Setting up Greninjas via Archie's Ace in the Hole is very important so that you can use its ability
Water Shruikan to get one hit knock outs

Setting up Electrode is also important so that you can take advantage of its ability Magnetic Draw, to draw more cards while keeping a low hand so that abusing Archie's Ace in the Hole is possible, while not putting yourself at total risk.

Caitlin and Maintenance are major role of setting up Archie's ace in the Hole properly.

Warning this deck is not suitable for beginners as this deck contains many strategy/play styles.

P.S. I Apologize for not being able to upload card scans. I've had trouble trying to do so the link pulls up error 404. as soon as can figure it out will provide card scans.

This Deck's Trainer list remains on the offensive side and defense side if played properly however it fails to fully abuse Archie's Ace in the hole to my satisfaction as it falls victim to a dead hand. The decks formula is supposed to keep a constant reuse and recycle so improvement is needed its actually very surprising how well maintenance works to thin out your hand while keeping valuable resources.

Could you please update your deck list with the sets and collection numbers for your Pokemon, particularly the Kingdras. There has been a ton of those printed recently.

Also, You should probably play more Juniper and less Archie's Ace. That card isn't very consistent (it has to be the only card in your hand before you can play it), and you're going to want some consistent draw in your deck.

The problem with juniper is that thining out your hand is still possible but makes it more difficult to play Archie professor birch is good but isn't as reliable as a regular juniper.

Juniper should still be a staple, even in decks that use the Archie's Ace engine. At the very least, I'd play one just because of VS Seeker, but I think you're going to find that you're not going to pull it off often enough for you to rely on. If you play 2 Ace with like 4 VS Seeker you'll find that you can actually get it in your hand when you need it more often than you would otherwise be able. Because you need some actual draw support that is consistent.

Hey I recommend the following changes:
-2 Voltorb
-2 Electrode (I think this line is too much when you can use other consistent draw support)
-4 Maintenance (Not good as a Item draw function because you only draw one.)
-3 Caitlin (There are better draw supporters)
-3 Archie (Too hard to pull off consistently when you want to)
-1 Iris
-2 Battle Compressor (You could keep these if you want to attack more with PLF Kingdra)
-1 Kingdra PLF (^^^^^^^)
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Max Potion
-2 Greninja

+2 Horsea (2 is too risky because if one gets prized then you will only get out one Kingdra the whole game)
+1 Seadra
+4 N (Staple)
+4 Juniper/Sycamore (Staple)
+1 Kingdra PRC
+2 Manaphy PRC (Help set up against Item lock and in general)
+2 Training Center (To help in the Stadium War)
+1 Skyla (Help search out Rare Candy)
+2 Lysandre
+1 Lightning Energy
+2 DIveball

I love the deck idea, but even if N rotates out (which it will most likely), Sycamore will still be one of the best draw Supporters in the game, and an absolute staple, IMO.

@ gengar master
actually if both of them are prized i am still able to get one out a Kingdra out by using Archie to get out a Seadra or i could just get out greninja and set up trianing center to give them more hit points.

Also I understand that Maintenance is not a good draw support that isn't its purpose in this deck it is used to thin out your hand without wasting resources, as this deck has many important cards that are to be saved for later.

Update testing...
-2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
-3 Caitlin
-4 Battle Compressor
-1 Dowsing Machine

+3 N
+2 Juniper
+2 VS Seeker
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 Superior Energy Retrieval
+1 Computer search

Back