• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

King and the Frog (Kingdra / Seismitoad EX)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 2 Horsea PF18
    2 Horsea (Primal Clash)
    1 Seadra PF19
    1 Seadra (Primal Clash)
    3 Kingdra (Primal Clash Alpha Growth)
    1 Kingdra PLF
    2 Seismitoad EX
    2 Suicune
    2 Manaphy (Primal Clash)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 1 Mountain Ring

3 Dive Ball
    2 Ultra Ball
    1 Professor's Letter
    2 Energy Retrieval
    2 Rare Candy
    2 Switch
    2 Muscle Band
    1 Silver Bangle
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 VS Seeker
    4 N
    4 Professor Juniper
    2 Lysandre
    1 Skyla
Energy:

• 9 Water Energy
    2 DCE
    3 Lightning Energy

Strategy:

This deck tries to stall with things like Seismitoad EX and Suicune while setting up a couple of Kingdras. Then it tries to knock out people with the powerful attack Dragon Blast which does 150 for 3 energy and can be powered up every turn despite the 2 discards thanks to Alpha Growth. This deck is weak to Fairy and VirGen so I have 2 Suicune and also a Manaphy which I can start with or use later for Life Saver to turn those 2 Suicune into 4 which I think is enough to overwhelm the EX-heavy Aromatisse decks or VirGen, or at least buy a lot of time for Kingdras to set up.

Mountain Ring is in here because I feel I need a counterstadium now that stadiums are going to be much stronger and popular. Mountain Ring is good because it shelters Kingdras while they set up, whilst also allowing me to use Grenade Hammer without punching myself in the face... but only 1 is necessary and it can turn into 2 if I'm desperate thanks to dowsing machine.

Oh also- I mixed my Seadra and Horsea because one is weak to grass and one is weak to lightning and having the variation is nice, plus they offer different attacks which are all usable. they both have the same HP (60 Horsea, 80 Seadra) and same 1 retreat cost :p

Several thoughts/comments for you to consider:

One potential issue is that PrC Kingdra maximum damage output is just 150 before any Tool attachment. So, if you can't 1HKO an opponent's 180+ HP Poke, yo may need to first weaken those Poké. Incorporate 1 PLF Kingdra to provide further Weakness diversity. Secondly, this Poké has solid 1-energy attacks, especially Tri-Bullet.

Incorporate a few bench-filling Poké like Dedenne or Kangaskhan to augment/replace the Suicune, Dive Ball (1-2), and/or Ultra Ball. Or add more Manaphy which would be a good starter. Afterall, your opponent could Item-lock you too.

Wow, i didnt actually know about PLF kingdra but it also has great synergy with Dragon Vortex which shuffles in all of the water and lightning energy that the other kingdra discards. I will definitely try that out. I also swapped out a dive ball for another manaphy for a good start, and 2 manaphy + 2 suicune gives me all the suicunes for EX matchups i could possibly want

Back