Keldeo-EX / Blastoise discussion

Will Shaymin EX affect the success of Blastiose/Keldeo?

• Yes

Votes: 20 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 28 58.3%

• Total voters
RE: Shaymin EX, and the future BDIF HorseBlast

There's a few things I'd like to say:

1. I'm sorry about the bad name for the deck, not sure why I made it up.

2. Shaymin will always have and Eviolite on him meaning you'll need at least four energy on Keldeo, which is probably 1/3-1/4 the energy in the deck.

3. I don't think it's that good because, like Vulpix yolk said, stop believing in hyped-decks.

4. Honestly, I didn't want to bring this up, but I must. Blastiose/Keldeo will have about as much success as ReshiBoar, actaully less since it's not as heavy hitting and Keldeo isn't searchable without Emolga/Ultra Ball/Pokemon Communication.

5. Have any of you ever tried to tech in a lot of Pokemon into Emboar decks? It makes it very slow and in consistant, which is what will happen to Blastiose when you add Bouffalant/Kyurem/Terrakion w-Blend/Mewtwo EX (any combo of the four) simple, it slows it down.

6. Blastiose is a bench sitting stage 2, which wouldn't be bad, if he had ten more HP, at 140, Hydregion/Reshi EX/Zekrom EX/Landy EX/Virizion EP (and NV if you catcher on the second turn) and Shaymin EX (after two prizes) all OHKO him...wow, see some big names on that list, fun.

7. Don't attack Sigilyph with Blastiose, that's 4-5 (Eviolite) energy you're wasting to kill one Pokemon, and if they follow up with a Mewtwo EX, bye-bye Blastiose.

8. Kyurem is a much better attacker than Keldeo, for three energy, you can do 110 to one Pokemon, or spread 30 to all of you Opponent's Pokemon, which adds up, quick. Honestly, Keldeo is nothing but a finishing attacker, he's only good after 2-3 Glaciate's.

Shaymin does the same thing to Keldeo as it does to Terrakion, but it resists Terrakion and even then doesn't fully counter the deck.

For starters, if you really want to have a Shaymin counter, run Bouffalant. It's not really necessary though considering Keldeo OHKO's Shaymin anyway with 3 energy (Eviolite? It's called Tool Scrapper).

And about this deck not being good, I think it's silly to think about until anyone does any testing with it.

Emopanda133 said:
So as you all probably know by now, Blastiose/Keldeo is the supposed BDIF when Boundries Crossed hits the states, but after the Garchomp/Altaria dissapiontment, I'm not setting high hopes. Mainly because of Shaymin EX. Now, I don't have to tell you that HorseBlast is entirely week to Grass types, and Shaymin EX has already found his way into one of the best decks of this format, Darkrai/Hydregion, and has also been known to enter into Empoleon and Darkrai/Terrakion Decks. Now, these are all great decks, two of them are in the running for BDIF, so does that mean that these decks, none of which are weak to Water types, and are very quick, are going to be out of the running for BDIF?
Why is it supposed to be BDIF? Because it's new? I don't think so. It's been good in Japan, but it hasn't been completely dominant.
Blui129 said:
I don't think Blastoise/Keldeo EX will be the BDIF, but it will be Tier 1/2, the problem is that its damage output is actually rather low, Keldeo will only be doing 90/100 before its Energy attachments are CRAZY :)P). Plus the deck has its own EX counter, Sigilyph. With that it will dominate!
This just proves you haven't tested the deck; a Keldeo with 3 Water (minimum requirement) will be hitting 110 and it's completely impossible for Keldeo to do even numbers of damage.
Emopanda133 said:

1. I'm sorry about the bad name for the deck, not sure why I made it up.

2. Shaymin will always have and Eviolite on him meaning you'll need at least four energy on Keldeo, which is probably 1/3-1/4 the energy in the deck.
Nothing in Pokémon always has anything.
3. I don't think it's that good because, like Vulpix yolk said, stop believing in hyped-decks.

4. Honestly, I didn't want to bring this up, but I must. Blastiose/Keldeo will have about as much success as ReshiBoar, actaully less since it's not as heavy hitting and Keldeo isn't searchable without Emolga/Ultra Ball/Pokemon Communication.
Have you read Squirtle's Ability? Keldeo's Ability? Keldeo's attack? Skyla? Computer Search?
5. Have any of you ever tried to tech in a lot of Pokemon into Emboar decks? It makes it very slow and in consistant, which is what will happen to Blastiose when you add Bouffalant/Kyurem/Terrakion w-Blend/Mewtwo EX (any combo of the four) simple, it slows it down.
I agree that Bouffalant and Terrakion are completely stupid. But Kyurem and Mewtwo are only 1-card investments for each copy you want to run. That's not bad at all.
6. Blastiose is a bench sitting stage 2, which wouldn't be bad, if he had ten more HP, at 140, Hydregion/Reshi EX/Zekrom EX/Landy EX/Virizion EP (and NV if you catcher on the second turn) and Shaymin EX (after two prizes) all OHKO him...wow, see some big names on that list, fun.
Hydreigon is a bench-sitting Stage 2 with 140HP, but it's one of the best decks around right now. Empoleon is an attacking Stage 2 with 140HP and it's still had some decent success! Not a valid argument, especially since it includes Virizion EP lol. Plus all those cards except Hydreigon would still OHKO at 150.
7. Don't attack Sigilyph with Blastiose, that's 4-5 (Eviolite) energy you're wasting to kill one Pokemon, and if they follow up with a Mewtwo EX, bye-bye Blastiose.
Better than letting it sit there and run through your entire deck.
8. Kyurem is a much better attacker than Keldeo, for three energy, you can do 110 to one Pokemon, or spread 30 to all of you Opponent's Pokemon, which adds up, quick. Honestly, Keldeo is nothing but a finishing attacker, he's only good after 2-3 Glaciate's.
I don't necessarily disagree, but it remains to be seen whether or not spread can be effective in a very aggressive format with Max Potion.

Emopanda133 said:

Eviolite can get out by tool scrapper which you should already be running.
I am with you, it will only last 1 or 2 sets but it will be nice for now.
Even if keldeo is not that searchable, how do you search for mewtwo or darkrai?
Bench squirtle, KO sigilyph. next turn skyla for rare candy, ssu move in keldeo, evolve to blastoise get back energies.
If 90 is THE magic number and is when it isn't affected by eviolite, then 110 will make it 2HKO anything for 3 energies (general big hitting attack for EX's e.g. darkrai, raikou, terrakion) regardless of eviolite.

2 Mewtwo will not be slowing the deck and will let you win mewtwo wars even against eelektrik:
Keldeo with 6 energies would be OHKO by a mewtwo with 3 energies. Keldeo KO pokemon, mewtwo revenge kills keldeo, move your mewtwo attach 2 energies KO. Prize rate: zeels 2 blastoise/keldeo 3/4.

Reshiboar had to use Switch to get Emboar out of the active, Blastiose does not.

Reshiboar arguement invalidated.

These two decks are nothing alike.

Glace said:
Reshiboar had to use Switch to get Emboar out of the active, Blastiose does not.

Reshiboar arguement invalidated.

These two decks are nothing alike.

Lol I agree.

Well, I think shaymin EX will pose no problem whatsoever. Blasteo already runs Kyurem to soften things up and get rid of sigilyph. If shay EX hits it for 90, as you're suggesting, it simply revenge KOs with 90. Shaymin EX only poses a serious problem when the Blasteo player has 2 or less prizes left, since it then OHKOs Kyurem. However, at that point, you can simply OHKO shaymin with Keldeo for GG.

I'm honestly not too sure about this deck. It looks rather promising, with Keldeo's ability, and a seemingly unlimited damage cap. However, the deck has quite a few weaknesses. Skyla and Computer Search will help this deck, but keep in mind every other deck gets those two cards as well. Another weakness is the acceleration from the hand. You need to play quite a few energies to consistently attach them with Blastoise's ability, and there is the ever present threat of N. This deck might be able to take 2-3 prizes no problem, but then N says hi. So, this deck has a pretty good early game, but later game N+Shaymin is GG. Mewtwo also destroys Keldeo once it has enough energy to OHKO stuff. So, viable? Yeah, probably. BDIF? No way.

You use your own Mewtwo...and Cilan.

Glace said:
You use your own Mewtwo...and Cilan.
Great, the Mewtwo wars start. I use N, you can't hit enough energy, I use whatever other attacker I have for the game. The deck completely fizzles out late game because of N. As long as N is in the format, this deck cannot be BDIF.

How much have you tested this?

Glace said:
How much have you tested this?
I haven't, but it's pretty obvious that N gives this deck some serious problems.

If you haven't tested I don't give TEN craps about what you are saying.

If you have tested the deck, you'd know it's not bad. You just have to be prepared.

Glace said:
If you haven't tested I don't give TEN craps about what you are saying.

If you have Ted the deck, you'd know it's but bad. You just have to be prepared.
So, are you saying that this deck doesn't mind N at all? You really don't have to test these things, it's basic knowledge...
Besides, I never said this deck is terrible, and once I'm done testing for regionals, I will test this deck because although it isn't the BDIF, it's going to be popular and it's not bad. Besides, how do I know you haven't tested it. Not saying you haven't, but you can't really call someone out on not testing this deck because regionals testing is going to be higher priority on everyone going to regionals. Sure, if you've tested the deck you obviously know more on the subject than us, but have you tested it to be amazing?
EDIT: I also don't quite understand your last part of your post. I understand the "Ted" is probably a typo for "testing," but I don't quite understand what but bad means. It's probably a typo, but I'd just like to clarify. Thanks.

Yes, it is amazing. I'm sure [member]HenryP[/member] would vouch for that too, and based off what I've seen on hey trainer he has tested it a lot.

And fixed typos.

Glace said:
Yes, it is amazing. I'm sure [member]HenryP[/member] would vouch for that too, and based off what I've seen on hey trainer he has tested it a lot.

And fixed typos.
You're probably right. I never said it was terrible, but I guess it's better than I thought. After all, testing always beats out theorymon. :)

Celebi23 said:
Why is it supposed to be BDIF? Because it's new? I don't think so. It's been good in Japan, but it hasn't been completely dominant.
Nothing in Pokémon always has anything.
Have you read Squirtle's Ability? Keldeo's Ability? Keldeo's attack? Skyla? Computer Search?
I agree that Bouffalant and Terrakion are completely stupid. But Kyurem and Mewtwo are only 1-card investments for each copy you want to run. That's not bad at all.
Hydreigon is a bench-sitting Stage 2 with 140HP, but it's one of the best decks around right now. Empoleon is an attacking Stage 2 with 140HP and it's still had some decent success! Not a valid argument, especially since it includes Virizion EP lol. Plus all those cards except Hydreigon would still OHKO at 150.
Better than letting it sit there and run through your entire deck.
I don't necessarily disagree, but it remains to be seen whether or not spread can be effective in a very aggressive format with Max Potion.

It's not the BDIF, it's Tier 1.5 at best.

Granite, that's true, but the smart player would play it with Eviolite.

Squirtle's ability means it can't be sniped, ok, I'll catcher KO it, Step In, no Catcher stalls or ParaLock, his attack, Ohh Energy stack, I have Mewtwo EX, anything over 3 energy on Keldeo is ridiculous. Skyla, ok, Skyla is pretty good, but that's like saying "Juniper?" or "Energy?", it's kind of a needed card in Stage 2 decks. Computer Search is the same as Skyla.

A One-Of Mewtwo in this deck is not enough, this deck gets handled by Mewtwo, and most decks run two, which means you'll both be down two prizes and still have a Mewtwo problem.

The difference between Blastiose and Hydregion, is that Hydregion has 150HP and Hydregion can easily OHKO Blastiose. As for Empoleon, not a Tier 1 deck, good, but not Tier 1.

True, but it's begging for a KO to slow down your setup.

Spreading vs. Max Potion is in Spreading's favor. You have to choose who you want healed, and those who don't are going to get KO'd.

I'm not saying this deck is bad, I'm just saying it's got some flaws, like every deck, and won't be BDIF.

Keldeo ex is not the main attacker in this deck. Also, the only good name for this deck is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

lol ponies :(

Zangoose said:
Stop calling decks stupid names.

This^

o0Flint0o said:
Just call it Keldoise, it doesn't sound remotely as bad as Horseblast.

It actually does.

Glace said:
Or you could call it: Keldeo/Blastiose

This^, again

Emopanda133 said:
Granite, that's true, but the smart player would play it with Eviolite.

*Granted? Granite is a type of rock.

Now back to the topic, of course Blastoise won't be BDIF. Just like with this format, one deck won't beat every deck out there. It is a good deck, but it will have a deck that counters it.

konter5683 said:
Keldeo ex is not the main attacker in this deck. Also, the only good name for this deck is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
What is? The deck is called Keldeo/Blastoise for a reason...

Back