• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Keldeo-EX/Blastoise - Discussion Thread

pokemonjoe said:
RogueChomp said:
Yanmega is actually a great great counter to this if used in a DCE abusing deck.
It OHKOs Squirtle, OHKOs Blastoise, takes only colorless, can stall, can set up Keldeo EX for a Darkrai snipe, and is a pretty easy to fit in.
Just watch out.
Cause Yanmega is coming to town.
This is serious btw^

Nice article! While I don't personally like the deck because sometimes it tends to be inconsistent late game, this will definitally help people looking to play the deck.
Only problem is it's a stage one.

Yeah and its easy to set up. Plus Yanma has a nice 70 HP.
And nobody expects Yanmega so they probly won't target it.

RogueChomp said:
pokemonjoe said:
Only problem is it's a stage one.

Yeah and its easy to set up. Plus Yanma has a nice 70 HP.
And nobody expects Yanmega so they probly won't target it.
Being a stage one in this format is infinitely worse than being a basic. They can easily target down the Yanma, but they probably wouldn't, considering it doesn't even one shot Keldeo. I honestly fail to see how Yanmega threatens the deck at all.

A 1/1 Musharna works wonders in this. You never have to worry about it getting stuck due to Pokemon Catcher, and it's Basic (as stated earlier) can provide an annoying early stall.

Pokemon Center is also great. You just Rush In, heal, and then Rush In again.

Great article though.

Rummage said:
A 1/1 Musharna works wonders in this. You never have to worry about it getting stuck due to Pokemon Catcher, and it's Basic (as stated earlier) can provide an annoying early stall.

Pokemon Center is also great. You just Rush In, heal, and then Rush In again.

Great article though.

Keep in mind that Munna, as I mentioned earlier, requires a double coin flip to go your way. It's in interesting idea, but in my opinion, it's too flippy to be competitive, especially in such a tight space deck.

I've been thinking about Pokemon Center, and I'm curious enough to test it out. The Rush In/Heal combo seems pretty good and it's really only a one card tech to give you healing for the rest of the match.

I'm glad you like the article!

I personally run 2 Tropical Beach and 1 Pokemon Center. I just didn't mention Pokemon Center because a majority of players do not have access towards it. Not to mention a Heal on your Blastoise can negate the next turn KO by DarkraiEX via Dark Claw.

On Munna, I don't know how much of a risk it really is. You gets Tails... your active is asleep... then you use Rush In and it's negated. Even if your active is a KeldeoEX, you Rush In, then Rush In again and you're golden. Munna does become dead sometimes, which is why the Musharna (Next Destinies) is a cool cat for this.

Also, for players that might not have Computer Search, Gold Potion is in amazing alternative.

Back