XY Kalos: Dissecting the new region.

RE: Kalos Region: Dissecting the new region.

Bolt the Cat said:
I think the starting town may be the town in the Southeast that the female character appeared in. The small path between the starting town and that blue building may be Rt. 1, then Rt. 2 would connect the next town to the forest, and then Rt. 3 would continue from the forest to the town after that (if you notice, the geography of this section of Kalos matches up with the shot of Rt. 3 in the first trailer). That third town is likely our first gym, seeing as we have two routes and a forest in between. The garden maze is probably Rt. 4, and then after that we would reach Lumiose City, which may or may not be our second gym. From there, IDK. The second trailer does indicate that Rt. 5 does seem to connect to Lumiose City, but IDK in which direction.

My thoughts exactly...

btw, guys, notice the lower and right sides of the map are mostly covered with clouds... That's exactly like what happened with the Unova map, some areas were covered with clouds to hide the content, so this might also be the case with the Kalos map...
Speaking of the Unova map, like I said on another thread, the style of the two maps is very similar, so while the Kalos region might look a bit empty at first sight, I'm sure there's actually more stuff in-game that they simply didn't fully illustrate in the map...

Yes, I noticed while this map is pretty clear it's more conceptual art than an actual map so I am with you guys I think there is....

A. Areas hidden under the clouds
B. Areas hidden within areas which wouldn't surprise me either.

i know it's not much, but i noticed a pokemon center in the background of this
lumiose-city.jpg

what if the pokemon centers are different depending on location?
i've also noticed the sign showing pokeballs, possibly meaning that the pokemarts may be outside of the centers now/in some areas?

Bolt the Cat said:
Pokequaza said:
It is shown that the woods area is the first place where you encounter trainers (the usual ''when the eyes of two people meet, a battle starts.'' talk you get in the beginning). Will we start at the big mansion at the bottom?

The red one with the triangles? That's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking the general region path will start there, head north to Lumiose City, head clockwise through the funky looking hexagon I drew through Coastal Kalos, head north to the clocktower town, then head southeast through the Mountain Kalos cities, then to the giant castle city where the Pokemon League is.

And yeah, south Central Karos is suspiciously empty, but I have a feeling that's intentional to leave space for expansion in future games (XY2 anyone?). On the flipside, I love how nonlinear Mountain Karos is, there's a lot of winding, crisscrossing paths.

Maybe it'll be like Hoenn's ocean and have a huge explorable area with trees dividing routes. I would really like that.

Couple thoughts;

1.) Love the Stonehenge area.
2.) I think the blue houses below Stonehenge is the starting town.

Starting town- Carris Town
100% MADE UP BS TRUE
i really do hope it gets a creative and artistic name like that though

I'd actually have to say that I think the tall, ornate building to the west near the coast is the Kalos Pokemon League. It has a cave leading up to it as will, which would be Victory Road. The castle, which many others have speculated to be the League, I think might just be a castle. Maybe some plot would take place in it, but I've got a strong feeling that the western building is the League.

And the Carnac stone structures definitely will have some significance.

The thing I just can't figure out though is the freakish purple hand-shaped rock in the east. What the heck is that?

^I already figured all of this out earlier. Minus the whole "protagonist is rich" thing.

Southern Karos is pretty empty, I really hope they aren't showing us everything yet.

Besides that, Karos looks pretty big and nonlinear so far, which I like.

Man, I love how much real-world detail they're putting in. That's a big thing that Unova lacked, overall (outside of Castelia, at least). Here's hoping that the Carnac stone expys have Pokémon like Natu/Xatu, Unown, and Sigilyph. Maybe some cool new Psychic-, Ghost-, or Fairy-types, too.

pokemaister899 said:
Southern Karos is pretty empty, I really hope they aren't showing us everything yet.

They could be leaving that open for expansion in the future, like DLC or XY2.

Bolt the Cat said:
pokemaister899 said:

They could be leaving that open for expansion in the future, like DLC or XY2.

or some mythical pokemon event

Remember they can't really expand much beyond the borders of the current map, as they'd be heading into new countries (already the top right seems to be set in Belgium), and south east of France is the Baltic Sea, so they almost certainly won't expand into that. They could go SW into Spain, or possibly NW and introduce the UK (in XY2, at least), but for this game I'd be surprised if there was any more besides a bit of a mountain range in the south.

Trainerhan1 said:
Found this
XxD0hSe.jpg

I found this:
http://i.imgur.com/3FymzZO.jpg
here: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/1ebsfg/i_tried_to_locate_the_areas_weve_been_shown_in/

It supports the whereabouts of the location in the pictures you found.

D.N.A said:
and south east of France is the Baltic Sea, so they almost certainly won't expand into that.

The Baltic Sea is located in northern Europe, between Sweden, the Baltic States and Finland; it is the Mediterranean Sea you are looking for.

Trainerhan1 said:
Found this
XxD0hSe.jpg

look at the picture with the front of the pokemon center at a distance. i don't see any roselia statue.

I hope that the lack of things in Southern Kalos means we can explore it and not be too limited with routes. They always cut large sections of routes off to be out of bounds and I think Kalos is so big that we should be able to explore it all.

Hey guys not all of you but some of you the post content isn't good. Let's keep the posts more elaborate, more asking questions and giving answers, than "Yeah I hope Kalos has lots of areas or it looks empty.." posts. If you think it looks empty provide theories to why those "empty" areas will be used for hidden areas and such. Not griping at anyone but I'd like to see some stuff we haven't thought of yet and those posts take up space and make it hard to follow actual discussion.

So far I think we all agree that the mansion/terrace houses place is where we start off. At this point I am very interested in that Island Cave. I'd like for it to be much more than a legend's cave or if it is to have a story to it. The town with the fountain, after it looks like some sort of Trophy/botanical gardens before you reach Lumiose City. If the pattern holds we should visit the castle town (with the 2 little buildings) fairly early in the game.

Back