Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, and Old Dome Fossil have been revealed from Pokemon Card 151. The cards were shown at a museum exhibit and snapped by @tomo_asobi.
Helix Fossil hasn’t been revealed yet, likely because the lord cometh when you least expect it.
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Omanyte – Water – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Old Helix Fossil
[W][W] Tentacle Return: 50 damage. Put an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon into their hand.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Omastar – Water – HP150
Stage 2 – Evolves from Omanyte
Ability: Primal Tentacles
As long as this Pokemon is in the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

DrifBoi

child kidnapping balloon
I'm currently not playing so Idk about current standard format but... IF rapid strike keckleon meets this kabutops you are in front of a basic that deals 360 every turn no matter what. just ensure a tool to protect them a bit and thats it
true, but dragon types have no weakness. other than that, if you have a reliable energy acceleration, this could actually be a fun gimmick deck.

Tvoretz

?
This is the first new "Evolves Into" card since the e-series, right?

Does that mean it can evolve into any Kabuto, even the "Restored" one from Fates Collide?

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
This is the first new "Evolves Into" card since the e-series, right?

Does that mean it can evolve into any Kabuto, even the "Restored" one from Fates Collide?
If it says it evolves into Kabuto, then that means ANY Kabuto, including the Restored Kabuto from the BWXY series. This also includes any Kabuto that evolve from Mysterious Fossil or Unidentified Fossil.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Kabutops is the first Pokemon to have a one-sided x4 weakness ability.
As for the Fossil, idk, Kabuto clearly states it evolves from an Old Dome Fossil, so this feels more like a reminder? There's also no additional explanation, unlike on Buried Fossil. But it's also a very unnecessary reminder, so perhaps there are additional rules to go with it.

PaisleyParks

A Story About Breaking a Curse
Omastar looks like it could be funny way to force 50/50s if we get a way to consistently confuse the opponent. Also apparently Dome Fossil has had a tail since gen 1, even though Kabuto doesn't. Where did it go

vexel

Aspiring Trainer
Would Old Dome Fossil/Kabutops be GLC eligible? Since it counts as a C basic, it technically wouldn't be allowed in an F type deck. Seeing how it's a trainer card though, I'm not sure how this works.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
okay, with the ability, this fossil has effectivly 90 hp. kabuto also has 90 hp.
a fossil has the sam amount of HP as an actual Pokemon. a Fossil! that is not a pokemon itself

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
Would Old Dome Fossil/Kabutops be GLC eligible? Since it counts as a C basic, it technically wouldn't be allowed in an F type deck. Seeing how it's a trainer card though, I'm not sure how this works.
it would be. lillies pokedoll is a collorles and is legal. same aplies here.

what matters is if a pokemon (not energy or trainer) has the correct type symbol in the top right corner in difference with an ability that ads a typing

PokeJAM

Aspiring Trainer
We can finally chuck frickin’ Unidentified Fossil out the heckin’ window lol!!!

By the way, the lord is spelled “LORD”. It is quite disrespectful to spell God’s title in lowercase.
😬

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
It's not a C pokémon, it's an item card.

federicodc05

Aspiring Trainer
I think it's there so that any Kabuto can evolve into it (like the old Baby Pokemon), even ones that evolve from other types of Fossils (like Unidentified Fossil or Restored pokemon).

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
If it says it evolves into Kabuto, then that means ANY Kabuto, including the Restored Kabuto from the BWXY series. This also includes any Kabuto that evolve from Mysterious Fossil or Unidentified Fossil.
What's your source on this? There has never been a card that evolves "into" a Stage 1 before, let alone a card like Kabuto which has evolved from over 9000 different cards over the years.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
What's your source on this? There has never been a card that evolves "into" a Stage 1 before, let alone a card like Kabuto which has evolved from over 9000 different cards over the years.
Buried Fossil can evolve into Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl, all of which have been printed as Stage 1 cards.

The Blast Boys

Aspiring Trainer
We can finally chuck frickin’ Unidentified Fossil out the heckin’ window lol!!!

By the way, the lord is spelled “LORD”. It is quite disrespectful to spell God’s title in lowercase.
😬

Just wait til you take your first philosophy class

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Buried Fossil can evolve into Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl, all of which have been printed as Stage 1 cards.
I got ahead of myself. Buried Fossil exists, but back then there was only one card for Kabuto and pals to evolve from. I'm questioning why you would be able to play the Restored Kabuto on this when there is no evolutionary path for it to get into play.

Ambassador

Aspiring Trainer
I got ahead of myself. Buried Fossil exists, but back then there was only one card for Kabuto and pals to evolve from. I'm questioning why you would be able to play the Restored Kabuto on this when there is no evolutionary path for it to get into play.
As I'd understand it;

- From the Japanese perspective, you're correct, e-Card Kabuto/Omanyte/Aerodactyl could only evolve from Buried Fossil at time of printing. However, they were Stage 1 cards which stated they evolved from Mysterious Fossil, and once Mysterious Fossil did get printed in the ADV (and PCG) blocks all Kabuto/Omanyte/Aerodactyl had this either/or option.

I would read it as contradictory to how Buried Fossil was handled if a ruling was issued that Old Dome Fossil can't evolve into any card that is named Kabuto. However, even though the Japanese "unlimited format" technically should go as far back to e-Card 1, Japanese rulings aren't necessarily beholden to early sets, and the cut-off currently seems to be BW1 – they formally still support DP1-on on the site, but it doesn't feel like they actually do still do that. In other words, they could rule otherwise and it wouldn't actually be a "contradiction" to Buried Fossil, because they don't think that far back anymore.

I do think another card you'd want to look at and consider is Eevee GX and its Ascension DNA Ability, as that's another card with a mechanism that allows it to "evolve into" Stage 1 cards, though it's not quite the same scenario.

- From the international perspective, the idea of an English unlimited format is a mess, but the argument would be that e-Card Kabuto/Omanyte/Aerodactyl were always in a scenario where they could evolve from Buried Fossil or Mysterious Fossil, which happened again with the EX era, and I think the only reason the question of whether Buried Fossil can evolve into any of the Gen 4 Kabuto/etc. is that it was rotated out anyways, and unlimited rulings are a patchwork mess that only come up when people ask about it.

In other words, for both editions of the game, the precedent exists that when Pokémon cards can evolve into another Pokémon card, it can override the matter of what the card it is evolving into says it's evolving from – so Old Dome Fossil should be able to evolve into a BW Kabuto. However, none of the precedents seem binding in this scenario – even though I think Eevee GX should factor into the considerations here, at least somewhat – so the matter could be handled either way.