JaniK

Aspiring Trainer
Leftovers & Potion would work too lol
I know but still easier to add that tool there. also earlier in the game you of course will discard energies. later in the game Big Balloon would be good for Garde ex

Michael Stadler

Aspiring Trainer
Seriously, who run those?
I would 100% sure run healing instead of big ballooon. With healing: You can use it on basics/kirlia, you can use it to attach more energies to do what you want, not just retreat. The only case you would not be able ro retreat with potion is if you have exactly 10 hp and miss energy attachment (missing attachment in gardi I mean...)

Gibleguy

Aspiring Trainer
I know but still easier to add that tool there. also earlier in the game you of course will discard energies. later in the game Big Balloon would be good for Garde ex
People would sooner play a switch/escape rope than a tool limited to stage 2

Wailord's Pokemon

Pokemon TCG player. 2019 Worlds Competitor.
Jynx would be an amazing water tech only if Ditto prism were still in standard. If it were a 2-card tech with 1 Jynx and 1 Hypno it would be especially viable. As is, it could be okay but probably won't see a ton of play.

Ambassador

Aspiring Trainer
I know that is the point of this sets artwork, but I LOVE how most of them look juuuuuust similar enough to the first three set cards, to tickle that ol happy nostalgia juice fom 1999 out of my brain!
They do a great job at that!
I really don't think the set looks anything like the first few sets of the series – 1996/1997 artwork this is not. However, I do think several pieces of artwork in the set would fit in very well into the e-Card and ADV era – this is something they may be deliberately evoking by reintroducing the "same artist for entire evolution line" approach (which was intentionally introduced during the neo block, became standard in e-Card, and stuck around until the end of PCG), and so there's definitely a vibe that this could've come out any time from 2002ish to 2007ish.

LightYearLiam

Gorgeous artwork and generally fun/interesting/potentially good card effects. This was a great reveal. :)

Wish they made Nidoqueen better in and of itself, though. They should also consider making evolving Stage 1s better more often to boost the viability of the Stage 2 mons, similar to what happened with Kirlia and Gardevoir ex.

Jaxolotl

The Mashup King. https://www.youtube.com/@Jaxolotl
Did anyone notice the the "Bill's Transfer" card from this set has a very similar effect as the "Bill's Analysis" card from Sun & Moon: Team Up? The only differences are you look at the top 8 instead of 7 and you get Pokemon instead of Trainers
Screenshot 2023-05-12 3.45.58 PM.png
SM9_EN_133.png

Deseus

Aspiring Trainer
Jynx looks good :) Need to use Temple of sinnoh in that deck because of fusion strike energy or Therapy energy. Hypno can’t make asleep Mew vmax if he has Fusion energy attached until there is Temple of sinnoh in play
I feel like Jynx is just Star requiem but easier to get to lol