Contest June's Create A Card: Fully Evolved Basics! (Official Results!)

It still says Johi 44.
It says "Art credits to CMP" on the border of the blank.

@Joshi44, the Illus. credit refers to the artist, not the designer of the overall card. If you didn't save it as a .psd, that's different, although considering it looks like you used Asche's font guide, it shouldn't be too hard to recreate it with different Illus. text.

Basic/ Mawile / HP90
TCGMetal

/ε Shield/ Any damage done to this Pokémon by an opponent's attack is reduced by 10 for each Energy card attached to this Pokémon (after applying Weakness and Resistance).
mawile-3.gif

NO. 303/Deceiver Pokémon/HT: 0,6m/WT: 11.5kg
SF-Ability
Sharpen

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and it's damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), you may flip a coin. If heads, during your next turn, each of this Pokémon's attacks does 30 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

TCGMetal
TCGWhite
TCGWhite
Punishing Bites 30x

This attack does 30 damage times the number of your opponent's Pokémon-EX in play.

Weakness:
TCGFire
x2
Resistance:
TCGMind
Retreat:
TCGWhite
TCGWhite

It uses its docile-looking face to lull foes into complacency, then bites with its huge, relentless jaws.

AW09
30px-SetSymbolPromo.png

For some reason, the spoilers mess up the card. :v

Some things to clear out:
-Energy=Energy card. They're different things. For example, a DCE provides 2 Energy, but it's a single Energy card.
-Yes, it is weird that it says "even if it gets KO'd", but it's a general rule in the clause, so sue me. You are most probably never going to be using it, because of Mawile's low HP, so it is balanced.
-Epsilon was the first letter that appeared to me as defensive. You can't see it? Well, move on, because neither can I.
-Last minute entry, so hope everything goes the proper way. :D
-Promo number was random, since I haven't touched my set in ages. Dx

Well I decided to make an explanation for my card way back on page six. Audino is always in the support role, and with the probable loss of both in-date Audino cards after worlds, I decided to fake a new one. Fortify removes the weakness of both active Pokemon, because I figured it would be a little OP to just remove your own active's weakness. The move Healing Wish--one Audino can learn in the video games, albeit only through breeding--seemed like a nice support move kept in check by the non-EX clause. I thought about making it a [C][C][C] cost attack, but I ultimately decided against it since you're giving your opponent a prize card when you use the attack. Well, that's that! Hope you liked the card!

@Leo33wii, @latios586, @dialga586, @Diego Cañas, @anabel1406

Last call for entries! :D Thursday, June 25th is the last day to submit your card. No entries will be accepted after Midnight PDT on the 25th. Shortly after, I will post up the form for fan voting, which will be open will be open for 3 days and then posted. Contrary to what the News Post currently says, winners will not be announced on Sunday the 28th; they will instead be posted with next month's contest when it starts up in early July.

Once again, those I've tagged are still missing their entries. If you were tagged in this post but have already submitted your card, please link me so I can get it properly added to the list.

okay, didn't know I had to put the credits on the Illustrator spot.
Fixed it again (I didn't had a PSD anymore so erased my name and coloured the background purple again)
CAC_June 2015-Unown.jpg

I see lots of people are posting explanations of their cards. Does doing/not doing this affect your score overall?

It doesn't really affect my judging.

Anyway, I'l like to say thankyou to the world for not submitting a flood of entries. Must be my charming personality.

Leo33wii sent me a PM to inform me that he is withdrawing from the contest. So, uh, if there are any last-minute Image-Based entrants, you can still sign up and submit something in the next 19 hours. :p

Isn't there a deadline for drop-outs to prevent this sort of thing from happening?

I see lots of people are posting explanations of their cards. Does doing/not doing this affect your score overall?
Actually, I lied. Writing descriptions will effect my judging in certain cases. For an example, you have a new mechanic. I need to know what it does if it not obvious on the card, so your explanation should tell me. other things like the old 'Light Pokemon' would need you to explain what makes Light Dragonite different from plain old Dragonite. Description can also be useful in explaining rather complicated abilities and attacks, and particularly showing hidden synergy that I could miss.

Note to anyone who reads this: Never ever edit your entry to put in a description/explanation, as the edit will count as an edit to the entry and thus a penalisation. More often than not it's not worth the penalty.

Actually, I lied. Writing descriptions will effect my judging in certain cases. For an example, you have a new mechanic. I need to know what it does if it not obvious on the card, so your explanation should tell me. other things like the old 'Light Pokemon' would need you to explain what makes Light Dragonite different from plain old Dragonite. Description can also be useful in explaining rather complicated abilities and attacks, and particularly showing hidden synergy that I could miss.

Note to anyone who reads this: Never ever edit your entry to put in a description/explanation, as the edit will count as an edit to the entry and thus a penalisation. More often than not it's not worth the penalty.
So just to be clear, did my adding of a new post with an explanation dock my score? If so, is it too late to delete it and pretend it never happened? Thanks.

Except...Quad Unown would have absolutely no firepower, and you would quickly run out of Pokémon in play and lose, while your opponent didn't take a single Prize card.
I think it could be fun, because with virbank/laser you can do a bit more damage (or use rock guard/rocky helmet) and play, revive, sacred ash and super rod to get your Unown back:D
Oh yeah, if that saw any sort of popularity and the deck was taken further than a gimmick, TPCI would ban it faster than Trump Card.

So just to be clear, did my adding of a new post with an explanation dock my score? If so, is it too late to delete it and pretend it never happened? Thanks.
Your post was absolutely fine, no penalising to occur :). Although I'm not a mod, I have mod contacts who would be able to find the deleted post, so it wouldn't matter. Deleting an entry and reposting it does fall in this category.

And the Contest is officially closed! Thank you everyone for participating; this was really an amazing turnout!

Official Judging Results will be posted in early July along with next month's contest, but in the meantime, it's time for Fan Voting! Please vote for your favourite entries in text-based and/or image-based categories. You don't have to be an entrant to vote; spectators should give their voice, too! To view all entries, you may click on the contestant's name in the sign-up post and it will bring you to the post containing their entry.

Click Here to access the fan-voting form on Google

If you do not wish to submit your vote over the Google form, you instead have the option to submit it over the forums by sending me a PM.

Fan Voting ends on Sunday, June 28th at Midnight, PDT, so you have approximately 3 full days to get your vote in.

Unfortunately, we have reason to believe that an individual has been ballot-stuffing the fan-voting form to give themselves an advantage. This is highly disappointing, and makes the fan-vote completely worthless.

To ensure that the fan-vote is an accurate vote count, none of the votes given via the form are being counted, and everyone who wishes to vote must now do so by by sending me a PM, so that I can personally verify that each voter only votes once. If you already voted via the form, please resubmit your vote to me via PM. I'm sorry that this is a bit more of a hassle, but it's the best way on short notice to make sure that no one cheats. We'll be looking into more voting options for the future.

Because this is happening so close to the end, I am extending the deadline a few days to make sure everyone can resubmit their votes. Fan Voting now ends on Tuesday, June 30th at Midnight, PDT, so you still have approximately 3 full days to get your vote in.

Lel gonna make another just for fun

SPINDA - HP 70 [C]
ABILITY - tricky steps
Whenever your opponent would attach a basic energy card to one of his or her pokemon, you may flip a coin. if heads, you may attach that energy to another one of your opponents pokemon.
[C] Spinning tackle 10+
Does 20 more damage for each basic energy attached to this pokemon.

Back