Activity Join the Dark Side- PB Competition#1 -FINALS

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
DT5aNhb.jpg

Welcome to the first PB VG competitive tournament! This is a simulator based format (showdown) - The winner of the competition will be the first to enter VG Competitive Hall of Fame!

This competition will use the National Dex format
The competition will be single elimination.
Each round, players will play best out of three battles to determine the winner.

Competition Rules:

No dynamax
6 different species of Pokemon.
Putting to sleep 2 or more Pokemon at once is banned.
Banned moves: Evasion moves (e.g Double Team), OHKO moves (e.g Horn Drill), and Baton Pass.
This is NatDex OU- so no Ubers.
Respect your competitors- Do not insult others and be nice to each other.

The twist:

Each player will recieve a Dark or a Ghost type Pokemon that they will have to use in each battle. Players may or may not publish which Pokemon they were given. The rest of the 5 Pokemon are yours to choose.

To sign up, post in this thread that you are interested and one of your favorite Dark or Ghost type Pokemon.
First 8 players to post will enter the competition.

Last edited:

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I suppose I better sign-up. I won't be easy. My favorite dark type is Sableye.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Let's do this! My favourite Dark type is Obstagoon.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
I am so down! Dusknoir is the first Pokemon to come to my mind when thinking of good dark or ghost Pokemon, but if ubers are allowed I will gladly take Giratina!

EDIT: If anyone gets Shedinja... yikes!

Last edited:

Celever

Wheeeee~
if ubers are allowed
Is this in NatDex OU or NatDex AG? If it's NatDex AG I won't sign up since it's one of the worst metagames ever made and no one on Smogon even plays it U:

If it's NatDex OU then in and this is cool though :D Dark-Type is one of my 2 favourite types alongside Ice-Type, but I'm gonna lock in my answer as Scrafty rather than the expected Weavile :p

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Is this in NatDex OU or NatDex AG? If it's NatDex AG I won't sign up since it's one of the worst metagames ever made and no one on Smogon even plays it U:

If it's NatDex OU then in and this is cool though :D Dark-Type is one of my 2 favourite types alongside Ice-Type, but I'm gonna lock in my answer as Scrafty rather than the expected Weavile :p

NatDex OU :)

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Sign me up!

My fav Ghost is Galarian Corsola, but it seems that's pretty popular already. My fav Dark is probably Tyranitar, although that shifts around occasionally.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Sure why not.
My favorite dark pokemon is a Wingull in the shade

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Thanks for everyone who signed up - I sent each one of you a private message with your Dark or Ghost Pokemon for this competition.

Round 1 will start probably in 2 days from now in order to give everyone enough time to start building their teams.

Each round= 1 week, so you and your opponent will have enough time to set up a match.

Any questions you have you may ask here, in our Discord channel (sent link in pm) or in our pm.

Also remember- NatDex format allows you to use Z-moves and Mega evolutions, so be aware of that.

fjYuT9N.jpg

Last edited:

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have my team built and am pretty satisfied with it even though I haven't used the Pokemon I was assigned before. Whoever faces me, I'm typically available most days after 3pm central time. Discord is the best way to reach me because I always have that open.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Round 1

iV9q3HT.jpg

Round 1 begins! I hope you are ready with your teams. Each player has 1 week to complete their match. You can settle your battles with your opponent via pm or our discord channel. Each match is composed of 3 battles- If a player wins 2 battles in a row they don't have to battle a third time. One of the players in each match needs to post the replay link here to show their battles. Umm I think I covered everything pretty much. Good luck and have fun!

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Predictions:
Celever vs FourteenAlmonds - I think Celever has more experience.
King Arceus vs Vom - Good luck. I am available most of this afternoon and evening.
mirdo vs TeamAqua4Life#HEYNICK - Based on post history, I think Nick has the edge.
Dravinator vs Turtwig - Don't really know how either of them battle.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Lost to Vom. I think having to use Crawdunt is actually what screwed me the most. It does not excel in anything.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1123999664

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8nationaldex-1124002707

Approved!

King Arceus is up for the tin (/wooden/iron) medal
Vom moves up to the semifinals

Crawdaunt: "For your information, I am in OU, but yeah I'm pretty suck without a choice band"
Dracovich: "They see me Fishious rending, they hatin'"

GG!

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Something about activity: it is important that you let me know if you contacted your opponent and they never responded so I know who to give a technical win in a case of inactivity.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
Something about activity: it is important that you let me know if you contacted your opponent and they never responded so I know who to give a technical win in a case of inactivity.
Good to know! @Turtwig and I are conversing just fine, we are just trying to find the right date and time.