Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

i dont see it as unfair you are down to one left anyways
as i said above would be unfair if it was the opponent instead
Seems unfair to me because say the other player is playing all the right cards well at the right time and is beating you with skill and a well-thought out deck. Then you pull this move at the last second and steal the win. But I don't play the card game so what do I know...

What I want to know is why they didn't just say "If you have 1 Prize card left, your opponent's Active Pokemon is Knocked Out." Same thing, right? Unless there's going to be a Pokemon like Shedinja where you don't get a Prize for the KO or they're accounting for Robo Substitute. Or Pokemon that block attack effects. Or maybe they just worded it this way to make it sound cooler. Marketing?

Also how does a big fat Slowbro make a homerun? :p I guess that's why it's a miracle...

I don't like game ending effects on cards in general. Just seems as if all the hard work in the game was for nothing. Since most decks are purely EX, this wont work but I fear that when the meta does shift, this could be a problem.

Nothing ever came of Lost World but I feel this would be a decent "all in" Pokemon in something like Night March and related decks.

What I want to know is why they didn't just say "If you have 1 Prize card left, your opponent's Active Pokemon is Knocked Out." Same thing, right? Unless there's going to be a Pokemon like Shedinja where you don't get a Prize for the KO. Maybe they just worded it this way to make it sound cooler. Marketing?

Also how does a big fat Slowbro make a homerun? :p
Well, since that's an effect, that can be prevented with things like Wonder Energy or Solar Revelation Espeon, and I think they wanted to go as stretched out as possible for a unique attack effect and make it so it's not preventable.

Well, since that's an effect, that can be prevented with things like Wonder Energy or Solar Revelation Espeon, and I think they wanted to go as stretched out as possible for a unique attack effect and make it so it's not preventable.
Yep, already edited my post to say that. I didn't think of attack blocking effects. 2 in the morning and all... :p

Seems unfair to me because say the other player is playing all the right cards well at the right time and is beating you with skill and a well-thought out deck. Then you pull this move at the last second and steal the win. But I don't play the card game so what do I know...
Okay, did some brushing-up on the card game rules and turns out I had a game mechanic backwards. I thought that if you knock out an opponent's pokemon, THEY take one of THEIR prizes to replace it, and whoever runs out of prizes loses. I had that all kinds of backwards. How'd that happen? I feel so dumb now. :(

Knowing that, the attack's title "Miracle Home Run" indeed doesn't make any sense...How's it a miracle if you're winning?

if there was not already a greninja break i would say this could get one

but this is 14 gyrados ex is 18

15 16 and 17 are likely slowking + kingler line dewgong line or cloyster line

also possible a water kingdra

almost sure to be dewgong who hasent been on a card since platinum

and expect it to have a damage reducing or blocking ability

Okay, did some brushing-up on the card game rules and turns out I had a game mechanic backwards. I thought that if you knock out an opponent's pokemon, THEY take one of THEIR prizes to replace it, and whoever runs out of prizes loses. I had that all kinds of backwards. How'd that happen? I feel so dumb now. :(

Knowing that, the attack's title "Miracle Home Run" indeed doesn't make any sense...How's it a miracle if you're winning?
If YOU knock out an opponent's Pokémon, YOU take the prize card.

And... I love Slowbro and absolutely love the effect of its attack! I have 1 prize left and you're giving your best to come back? Bam! I win and you go home! :D Love it!

Last edited:
Now they should print a Supporter card like:
"Ashs Final Showdown"
You can play this card only, when you have less pricecards left then your opponent.
Both player draw pricecards until 1 remaining.
You can't draw any more Price cards until the end of your opponents next turn.

Last edited:

I can only think of one situation...where you're both tied at 1 prize...

I could see this with greninja which late game takes multiple prizes and if you have one prize left(which happens a lot for me and my opponents seem to always get a comeback in that time)you can win a lot faster and not have your opponent get ahead of you. I haven't lost to the comebacks, but I don't like being in that situation for long. I may put a 1/1 line of this card, but I barely have the energy I need so 3 energy may not be the best thing for the deck especially it needing them energies. I could see this being fun rogue deck more than competitively. But I bet someone will look at this card and say,"This will be more annoying than siesmitoad. I like it!" And I don't want to be there to find out. #NEW ROGUE LIKE WAILORD.(not actual hash tag:p)
tcg-us-nationals-analysis-169-en.jpg

It shows both references I had to.

Slowbro could be interesting in the 3 prize half deck format. Sure would be a fun way to win a game.

Back