Japan's XY9 Set: 'Rage of the Broken Sky,' New 'Battle Strengthening Sets'

So, this card is #45. This means unless Aegislash has a BREAK (highly unlikely at this point), card #44 is Skrelp, since it's the only pokémon that fits in there and that means we have at least one Dragon card, Dragalge!

btw, I'd prefer if they had kept the silver borders on the BREAK cards...
Or girafaraig. Or another ageislash. Or a phantump. Or solrock. Or lunatone. Or cresselia, or uxie. Or azelf. Or mesprit. Or unown. Or hoopa. Or spiritomb. Or sableye. Or mew. Or mewto. Or an ex.

Aww the nuzleaf reminds me of pikmin so cute the artist's design. But for competative sake the flashfire nuzleaf will always be used for broken vine space aka Forest of Giant Plants. The problem if Shiftry got a break as well is that it would be getting a stage 3 out into play and that is very difficult (points at Chestnaught Break) maybe if there is a Supporter/stadium that lets u reveal a break card in your hand then, search your deck for a previous evolution of that card and it can evolve the same turn? then they would be more playable?
Chesnaught has FGP. Still, they are hard to get, but chesnaught is the easiest.

Or girafaraig. Or another ageislash. Or a phantump. Or solrock. Or lunatone. Or cresselia, or uxie. Or azelf. Or mesprit. Or unown. Or hoopa. Or spiritomb. Or sableye. Or mew. Or mewto. Or an ex.

It can only be inkay or skrelp because they are the only ones in pokedex between aegislash and phantup

Oh yeah. More Item Lock plz! Why is TPCi returning to the less CG looking art of the HGSS era? No why are we devolving?? But overall, I can't wait all the scans next year is gonna be a great year with this set kicking it off, Deus EX: Mankind Divided, Captain America Civil War, next AC game and next COD game, etc being released.

It could still be the other form of Aegislash, which would be find with me. I seriously doubt Inkay as I doubt they would make a psychic Inkay without a psychic Malmar.

Or it could Dragalgae EX as a poison type...hey it happened with Trevenant EX, after all.

Don't know what's more disappointing, the fact that Phantump's artwork is so drab or that it's a psychic type instead of a grass type.

Who wants to bet Shiftry BREAK will have Shiftry from NXD's Ability? Wouldn't be as broken seeing as how we have to deal with a stage 3 and the stage 2 is dark. The ability could be something like "As long as this Pokemon evolved from a dark-type Pokemon, flip a coin, if heads shuffle your opponent's active into his or her deck."

Just to be clear you have to alter the effect to require this hypothetical Shiftry BREAK Evolve from a Darkness-Type Shifty because we do still have a Grass-Type version legal for Standard play: Shifty [FLF]. That being said recycling that that would be unwise: Shiftry (NXD) wasn't a good card before we got Forest of Giant Plants. The lesson is not to make such an effect in the first place; either come up with a balanced cost for the bounce or don't do it at all, instead of using a coin flip.

I'm assuming due to the Eevee (FUF) ruling that you can use this first turn, yes?

If so, I'm going to look forward to not milling half of my deck turn 1 searching for a Wally...

Wow, did someone said Item Lock in T1? ahahahahaha
I'm assuming due to the Eevee (FUF) ruling that you can use this first turn, yes?

If so, I'm going to look forward to not milling half of my deck turn 1 searching for a Wally...

While this certainly makes things better for Trevenant (XY), you can't attack first turn. This does make a T3 lock much easier (technically T2, but as your opponent can't play Items on your turn or between turns, it doesn't really matter). You can't rely on using the attack unless you are willing to go second when you win the flip... in which case your opponent gets a turn of Items to set-up.

So hyped for this card, but at the same time scared. Trevanant decks are gonna be tier 1 because of this card! It still locks your opponents items on turn two which could really hurt them, but wally on turn one works better except its your supporter for the turn.(but of coarse you can lock your opponents items the whole game)

*facepalm*

LOL?!

What part of "unless Aegislash has a BREAK (highly unlikely at this point), card #44 is Skrelp, since it's the only pokémon that fits in there" you didn't get? Do you even know how the cards are ordered in the sets?

-------

Anyway... for the others that didn't post a stupid reply...
I didn't think about the possibility of a Dragalge-EX... it'd be cool... It's just the Skrelp/Dragalge split fits the spaces (they did exactly the same thing in Flashfire) and allows them to have at least one dragon card in the set...
Also, this:
I seriously doubt Inkay as I doubt they would make a psychic Inkay without a psychic Malmar.

A Grass type Phantump would be so broken W/ Forest of Giant Plants and the Item Locking Trevenant. It would allow for a supporter to be used other than Wally, and you could get multiple Trevenant into play turn one.

Looks like Rage of the Broken Sky has continued the trend of Numel cards so cute that you can't help but squeal.

seeing how slowpoke is 13 either 12 is camerupt break another fire type or this set has only 2 fire types total

While I'm sure this is meant to be a scary pose with the hands reaching forward as if to strangle... my first thought was that Trevenant is dancing. :p

For some reason I was expecting trainer lock. The card is pretty nice. It can attack on turn 2 but it doesn't really do anything with its ability. It really should be better. I really have no idea how these cards are balanced.

Back