Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

nice artwork, sorry mantine I would rather grenade hammer with my seismatoad ex then swing for 90 and the first attack it does not do much for a 100 hp basic pokemon that will most likely get knocked out by night march. Also might have been nice if it was a stage 1 with 130 hp so you could use the ancient origins flareons/jolteons like I had fun with my Seaking deck dont get me wrong. Just thought there would be a mantyke too but it seems to be only a basic :/

nice artwork, sorry mantine I would rather grenade hammer with my seismatoad ex then swing for 90 and the first attack it does not do much for a 100 hp basic pokemon that will most likely get knocked out by night march. Also might have been nice if it was a stage 1 with 130 hp so you could use the ancient origins flareons/jolteons like I had fun with my Seaking deck dont get me wrong. Just thought there would be a mantyke too but it seems to be only a basic :/

It can be a Mantyke in the set, but remember that pokemon whose preevolution is from another gen (Pikachu, Hitmonchan, Roselia...) are still considered as basics in the TCG

Finally, a BREAK with stronger base attack than Raichu BREAK!

In short, a crappier remake of Vaporeon-EX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow was not expecting yveltal break to have a mega gallade's attack. Not sure if it is worth can powering guy up with 3 dark energy but it might see some play with the fright night yveltal. Anything is possible with speed darkrai and dark patch in expanded. Love the artwork but I do not see how competative this card will be maybe its own deck like with foratress with forest of giant plants and devo spray or something... To knock out all low hp the night marchers :p

Last edited:
That moment when you're a Mega Gallade player and a card comes out that is basically an objectively better version so there's no real reason to play the card you've always played...

They are starting to pump out really interesting breaks.

I'm still hoping for a good grass type break. Though grass types tend to be heavy on the evolutions. Maybe a heracross or virizion break could be nice.

Oh wow was not expecting yveltal break to have a mega gallade's attack. Not sure if it is worth can powering guy up with 3 dark energy but it might see some play with the fright night yveltal. Anything is possible with speed darkrai and dark patch in expanded. Love the artwork but I do not see how competative this card will be maybe its own deck like with foratress with forest of giant plants and devo spray or something... To knock out all low hp the night marchers :p
With a wide lense, it could also dipose of pumpkaboos

I assume some people might tech 1-2 in with Turbo Dark decks on a Fright Night Yveltal. It would do much better there than a Maxie's set, because it is easier to power up. Oblivion Wing Yveltal can help speed up the process as well, but it might just be a pain to deal with if you don't want it in a cetrain matchup. It's not a bad card, however, just not the most amazing.

At least it looks cool.

Great artwork and a decent attack, however it doesn't seem to have much synergy with existing Dark decks - the Dark-type doesn't have many damage spreaders outside of Yveltal (BKT) and even that places damage counters on 1 Pokemon-EX only.

It will be interesting to see what partners for Yveltal BREAK are released in this set.

This with bats and vespiqueen could be a good deck. Spread damage across with bats and charge up an yveltal on the bench with an active yveltal and then clean up with this break and have vespiqueen as a secondary for when you have a lot of discarded Pokemon. Could be fun. And this could be fun with a speed darkrai expanded deck too

I played Mega Gallade for months when it came out was super fun but could very rarely beat the top tier decks. A deck based around this will likely fail just as hard unless they make a Good damage spreading dark. Also Gallade could be charged up faster and had more Hp so i'm not sure if i'd call this better or worse but the damage cap of 150 is definitely better than the 110 Gallade had.

Back