Japan's XY11: 'Explosive Fighter / Cruel Traitor', CP5: 'Mythical / Legendary Dream Holo Collection'

GangsterGlalie

What has life come to?
Really Pokemon? Hawlucha has been in THREE XY sets. There are so many different Pokemon that haven't been printed in XY yet. But they STILL decide to print another one. First Furious Fists, then Fates Collide, and now Steam Siege. Use different Pokemon, like Sawsbuck for example.

Xan

Aspiring Trainer
Really Pokemon? Hawlucha has been in THREE XY sets. There are so many different Pokemon that haven't been printed in XY yet. But they STILL decide to print another one. First Furious Fists, then Fates Collide, and now Steam Siege. Use different Pokemon, like Sawsbuck for example.

5 you forgot Roaring Skies and BREAKthrough

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I don't get why people complain about a current generation's Pokemon being overused. They SHOULD be used more than older Pokemon, to you know, promote the new guys, and because they inherently have LESS existing cards than the older Pokemon tend to. o.o

If anything, you should be complaining about the fact there are 4 Staryu in-format.

I feel I should also point out that most of the Hawlucha cards didn't originate from mainsets in Japan. Promos and decks often reuse Pokemon that have been used a lot already, and probably shouldn't factor into how "exposed" they are. Incidentally, 3 of Staryu's 4 WERE from main sets.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
Hawlucha's attack is probably

[C][C] - Flying press 60( or80?)
Flip a coin, if tails this attack does nothing.

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Pyroar's second attack seems to be 3 for 90...kind of low, but I assume the Break will make up for it.

I really love Pyroar as a Pokemon, so I'm hoping this is good...

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Yveltal BREAK? I'm gonna end up having to revise my Zoroark BREAK deck if it's good, aren't I? XP

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
The Hawlucha card may be blurry, but I can tell immediately that it has no Weakness, and no Retreat Cost.

I think you're right. That's really cool. When was the last time they printed a card with no weakness? I don't remember anything in the XY block, that's for sure.

Purrloin

I think you're right. That's really cool. When was the last time they printed a card with no weakness? I don't remember anything in the XY block, that's for sure.
Yeah, it's been rare in the XY era. The only ones are the three Sableye prints (XY68, AOR44, and XY-P 92), Shedinja (ROS11), and Spiritomb (PHF55).

MrMrannoying

Aspiring Trainer
This thing can donk players harder than farfetch'd now... starting off with anything with 60hp or less will be even more dangerous! and even if you knock it out, its only one prize unlike the Latios EX

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
They've been trying so hard to get this sort of effect viable. We saw it in Braviary BCR, Swellow XY and now this Hawlucha.

WastedSkyPirate

They've been trying so hard to get this sort of effect viable. We saw it in Braviary BCR, Swellow XY and now this Hawlucha.

Good observation. Though Hawlucha is arguably the best as it's a Basic Pokemon. The fact that your opponent chooses the Pokemon to switch stops this from being broken but I can still see this being used as a 1 or 2 in some decks.

Also, that art is awesome.