News Japan's SM6b, 'Champion Road'!

jperr

Aspiring Trainer
yeah I was gonna say ho-oh/electrode/alolan exeggcutor is looking hella cute right now

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the Lugia and Skarmory will return as well, since the art is taken from a triptych featuring all three.
sS9iRgC.png

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually looking forward to seeing this Ho-Oh card released in English. So pleased they went for the Colorless Neo Revelation version, I hated the first Fire Version of Ho-Oh.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if the Lugia and Skarmory will return as well, since the art is taken from a triptych featuring all three.
sS9iRgC.png
I've noticed that a lot of cards have larger pieces of Arts they've been taken from it would be really cool to see all of the cut content in some sort of art book that Pokemon could release

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
WHAT THE. Busted why tcpi every single deck has this as a 1 of at least. AND PARA HAX

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
Please make an Ultra Rare Shining version of this Dunsparce! <3

It's pretty awesome seeing cards of two of my favorite Pokémon in a row. I actually used the original version of this Ho-Oh back when I first started playing, albeit incredibly wrong. (I used to think that Rainbow Energy stacked invisible Energy between turns, so I'd have it Benched for nine turns and bring it out to spam 120 damage.)

Last edited:

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Dunsparce... I have never played during its era. But in the context of right now, and the SUM-on rotation it will be used in, my critique:

- 50 HP and 1[C] retreat is quite problematic. After you use its power, it becomes a bench sitter prone to snipe knock-outs. Mr. Mime will rotate, so bench protection will require an evolved card.
- While going second to use the attack is strong, I don't find many advantages it would give versus the player going first. Your opponent can still use Tapu Lele for Pokemon Fan Club and other supporters to develop before you do - and given that you used your first attack to develop your bench, it sets up your opponent to deal damage first.
- As of late, there just aren't many basic Pokemon SUM-on that can disrupt opponents with abilities when they become active. Wobbuffet is rotating, too... Well, I guess you could try Goomy, but then again, watch for Alolan Muk and Guzma be everywhere, given that Garbodor and Float Stone will rotate.

In other words, the card might have been strong in one metagame, but think about our future one: It may help budget builds, but it won't as effective as before.